PDA

View Full Version : Regarding Android Stat Changes

CJ54
05-08-2013, 06:07 PM
Hey all,

We've received a lot of reports on the stat changes made in MW Android yesterday, and we would like to clarify the nature of that change.

Previously, the numbers displayed in the attack/defense part of the profile and attack screen were calculated by the client (the app on your device). Meanwhile the actual attack used the numbers on the server. The client calculation was correct and in-line with the server the majority of the time, but the client could get things wrong. This became increasingly true as the number of boost effects in the game increased; as an example, some of the boosts from buildings/items were multiplying rather than adding together in the client calculation. This was particularly noticeable at higher boost levels.

So in the last MWA update, we changed it so that the numbers are direct from the server rather than being calculated by the client. In doing so, we accidentally caused an issue where boosts were briefly not showing up correctly at all. That has been fixed. We understand that after the fix, some players are still seeing their stats as lower than before the change; again, this is due to the fact that boosts were not calculating on the client correctly. The stats are now displaying correctly; what you are seeing are the stats as they are and have always been calculated on the server.

We understand the frustration when things like this happen, but we also understand how important it is to our players that they are able to see their stats and make correct decisions based on that information. Which is exactly why this change was made: we want to clear up any places where things are not displaying properly.

Please let me know if you have any questions regarding this change, and I will do my best to answer them.

ohgreatitsryan
05-08-2013, 06:22 PM
Why aren't nation boosts showing up(or included) anymore?

And before you(and everyone else) tell me they are invisible, I am UK and I can see when I add sea units that my nation boost isn't being included at all.

CJ54
05-08-2013, 06:40 PM
Why aren't nation boosts showing up(or included) anymore?

And before you(and everyone else) tell me they are invisible, I am UK and I can see when I add sea units that my nation boost isn't being included at all.

Good question, and I'm asking the devs about that.

ohgreatitsryan
05-08-2013, 06:41 PM
Good question, and I'm asking the devs about that.

Thanks CJ!

njemt242
05-08-2013, 06:42 PM
I was just wondering if they test these updates before pushing them out or if they hit enter and then pray it works

CJ54
05-08-2013, 06:44 PM
I was just wondering if they test these updates before pushing them out or if they hit enter and then pray it works

We test them. The BIG stat drop that happened wouldn't have shown up in test, because it was caused by something that went wrong in the actual deploy process.

Blawson
05-08-2013, 06:53 PM
People have been seeing incorrect stats on iOS too. Has that been fixed as well?

Stormchaser
05-08-2013, 06:59 PM
Thanks to you CJ for the development report!!

atretes1
05-08-2013, 07:05 PM
Hey all,

We've received a lot of reports on the stat changes made in MW Android yesterday, and we would like to clarify the nature of that change.

Previously, the numbers displayed in the attack/defense part of the profile and attack screen were calculated by the client (the app on your device). Meanwhile the actual attack used the numbers on the server. The client calculation was correct and in-line with the server the majority of the time, but the client could get things wrong. This became increasingly true as the number of boost effects in the game increased; as an example, some of the boosts from buildings/items were multiplying rather than adding together in the client calculation. This was particularly noticeable at higher boost levels.

So in the last MWA update, we changed it so that the numbers are direct from the server rather than being calculated by the client. In doing so, we accidentally caused an issue where boosts were briefly not showing up correctly at all. That has been fixed. We understand that after the fix, some players are still seeing their stats as lower than before the change; again, this is due to the fact that boosts were not calculating on the client correctly. The stats are now displaying correctly; what you are seeing are the stats as they are and have always been calculated on the server.

We understand the frustration when things like this happen, but we also understand how important it is to our players that they are able to see their stats and make correct decisions based on that information. Which is exactly why this change was made: we want to clear up any places where things are not displaying properly.

Please let me know if you have any questions regarding this change, and I will do my best to answer them.

Thanks CJ I have been waiting for this for to long. I like seeing my correct stats.

I have 1 question about the update but not stat related. We can now click on units in our inventory. Ios can do the same but also they can buy those units can the option to buy the units be added to android.?

ohgreatitsryan
05-08-2013, 07:09 PM
@CJ54, Why are we still seeing attack swings of upwards of 60k in pvp on android?

TAA Sam
05-08-2013, 07:13 PM
@CJ54, Why are we still seeing attack swings of upwards of 60k in pvp on android?

Same here, massive swings, Android also.

Another thing I've noticed is that if you look at the same profile using android and then iOS, the stats are different, why is this?

CJ54
05-08-2013, 07:23 PM
Ryan, regarding the nation boosts: the devs need to port a bit of code over to the live servers to address that issue, they're going to try and do that tomorrow.

We're also checking on faction boosts; we keep getting conflicting reports on those (they show up for us over here, but some players keep reporting that they aren't showing for them)

People have been seeing incorrect stats on iOS too. Has that been fixed as well?

iOS does not have all the kinks worked out yet. Due to the way our development cycle interacts with the required approval process on Apple's end, iOS updates tend to be way farther apart but have more fixes in them than the average Droid update. We will get all the kinks ironed out, from both games, it's just a process.

Thanks to you CJ for the development report!!

We're going to try to get them out more regularly.

I have 1 question about the update but not stat related. We can now click on units in our inventory. Ios can do the same but also they can buy those units can the option to buy the units be added to android.?

I'll ask the devs about that as well.

Sensei
05-08-2013, 07:33 PM
cj54 did you get my pm?

CDR Shepard
05-08-2013, 07:48 PM
CJ, kind of off topic, but do you know when we will have the ability to change our name? I have been waiting since you told us in the forum over a month ago

People's Front of Judea G
05-08-2013, 07:55 PM
CJ, what about the issues reported all over the forums about massive imbalances in attack/defence stats and losses to opponents with orders of magnitude less stats that SHOULD be easy wins? People with 500k plus attack losing to people with 200k or less defence. That's an issue on both android and iOS that didn't exist before Ireland. Everyone is complaining about it but no one from Gree is addressing it. What's happening with that??? Everyone is getting mightily ticked off over it, members of our faction are either boycotting gold spending or talking of quitting all together out of frustration. Can you let us know what the story is with that, and please don't trot out the tired excuse of hidden bonuses we don't see in opponent stats because hidden bonuses can't bridge a 300k plus stat difference between 500k and 200k. Real answers would be appreciated.

CJ54
05-08-2013, 07:56 PM

That's getting looked at as part of the overall stat cleanup/issue.

Another thing I've noticed is that if you look at the same profile using android and then iOS, the stats are different, why is this?

Likewise with the above. Generally speaking, when this happens it is because of some boost effects not showing up on one platform or the other, but sometimes it is something weirder (a couple of boosts seem to show up okay in every situation EXCEPT when you're looking cross-platform, which is a bit of a head-scratcher).

CJ, what about the issues reported all over the forums about massive imbalances in attack/defence stats and losses to opponents with orders of magnitude less stats that SHOULD be easy wins?.

We've been all over the place investigating that, and I'm going to make a post about that as soon as possible (hopefully tomorrow). We do know about it, we're getting a ton of reports.

Poppa
05-08-2013, 07:59 PM
Im still waiting to see and delete allies. Its an ios system. Dont say reboot or reload app. Doesnt work. Been going on now for 7 months now. Multiple tickets sent.

CJ54
05-08-2013, 08:07 PM
CJ, kind of off topic, but do you know when we will have the ability to change our name? I have been waiting since you told us in the forum over a month ago

As soon as possible.

cj54 did you get my pm?

Yes, although I'd request that people not ask me if I got a PM in threads whose topic is unrelated to their PM.

Im still waiting to see and delete allies. Its an ios system. Dont say reboot or reload app. Doesnt work. Been going on now for 7 months now. Multiple tickets sent.

Okay, so that is an ancient, ancient issue that happens when going above 1000 allies. Can you give me one of the ticket numbers?

People's Front of Judea G
05-08-2013, 08:24 PM
CJ, again off topic but if you're here..... A number of us got a gold bonus way less than whatnwebarenentitled under the new scheme. We are only getting the tier bonus one down to what we should be getting. We understand that it is dollar amount thresholds and not vaults and so spent the money accordingly to meet the threshold by months end. Is this being looked into?

captain fatt
05-08-2013, 08:30 PM
so im an android user and i understand what you are saying but my stats dropped over 110k att/300+k deff ,i have alot of high stats gold units an alot of individal bonuses ,plus my faction bonuses are high and to lose that much stats ,i understand the adjust dropping stats,but htis amount does not seam correct ,also right now my attk is 260+k,how come when i attk it drops down as low as190k at times ,and i am not new to the game so i know and understand all the variables that go into the calculations when you attk ,it should not drop that low whin i attk some low stat player that should not even come close to me

captain fatt
05-08-2013, 08:34 PM
plus cj i have also had issue lately when i buy valor units i lose attk instead of gaining i have stopped buying them in fear of loseing to much attk

Fazhang
05-08-2013, 11:10 PM
Cj, first off I would like to thank you for addressing most of our questions. I'm sure you have notice the dislikes of WD wars being so close together, so can I ask why do it? We are burned out of it. I'm sure you can say "don't participate in every WD then", well then what's the point? Clearly the majority if not all factions like the 1 war per month idea. I and I'm sure most of the modern war community would like to know why these events are so close together? I do advise you or any of your developers to actually play the game. You will realize in 1 war that the wars are too close together.

Grego29
05-08-2013, 11:33 PM
CJ Any idea why the price of all the buildings in my store Doubled? The Santa Marta is 70 mil on my android and 35 mil on my IOS. Also the cost of upgrades doubled. Munitions Stockpile upgrade to lvl 6 was 88,725 it is now 185,250. I sent in a ticket, but no responce yet.

atretes1
05-09-2013, 05:33 AM
CJ Any idea why the price of all the buildings in my store Doubled? The Santa Marta is 70 mil on my android and 35 mil on my IOS. Also the cost of upgrades doubled. Munitions Stockpile upgrade to lvl 6 was 88,725 it is now 185,250. I sent in a ticket, but no responce yet.

There was an update to fix that did u check the play store again?

rey87
05-10-2013, 08:56 PM
Ryan, regarding the nation boosts: the devs need to port a bit of code over to the live servers to address that issue, they're going to try and do that tomorrow.

We're also checking on faction boosts; we keep getting conflicting reports on those (they show up for us over here, but some players keep reporting that they aren't showing for them)

iOS does not have all the kinks worked out yet. Due to the way our development cycle interacts with the required approval process on Apple's end, iOS updates tend to be way farther apart but have more fixes in them than the average Droid update. We will get all the kinks ironed out, from both games, it's just a process.

We're going to try to get them out more regularly.

I'll ask the devs about that as well.

So what's the update on the nation boost?

kygiacomo
05-10-2013, 09:42 PM
Hey all,

Please let me know if you have any questions regarding this change, and I will do my best to answer them. now since u guys are so worried about stats why cant u do nothing to the hackers that have the skill and valour hack out? and how come i still see this guy i have sent in screenshots and tickets to playing all time? hes got 734 heavy cannons and 150 lead soliders...gree has been the worst thing to happen to modern war..i thought u guys had it correct for a bit untill i found out that u all let the money run to ya head and rarely ban hackers even with proof..u dont get 500 aircraft carriers with a IPH of 100k

ohgreatitsryan
05-11-2013, 02:30 AM
So what's the update on the nation boost?

Seconded, it seems like it would be pretty easy and quick to ask the devs about it.....unless you only use telegraphs.

Gpzoon
05-11-2013, 06:42 AM
Tx Cj 4 the explanation,
But what happened to my stats after I updated the game yesterday evening doesn't cope with the deviations espected according to your thread. I'm refferring to my rough stats and not to them with bonus and boost. I took screenshots b4 and after the update, noticing good emprouvements have been done in showing the bonus and the boost, but what I got reduced is my ROUGH alliance attack as well.
Of this am pretty sure bcoz, while beating the Boss, I took some screen shots, one of this is while fighting against boss lvl. 42 and by luky chance is showing my cash attack (force attack) equals 161316.
3401 3402 3403
It's known that Force Attack is our Rough alliance attack. After boss lvl. 42 I went till boss lvl 50 dropping many high value units (http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?53469-Beat-the-Boss-Defeat-Kingpin-Dias-Loot-Tracker/page2) and rising my rough attack till 171200 (10k more or less, according I was running also the Extreme mesures LTQ quest).
According to my boost and bonus, my attack should have been as minimum 10% more, so that in my stats to read roughroly 186k...
How is it possible I read an alliance attack of 161k? Is it possible that with bonus and boost I have a value equals to my rough attack facing boss lvl 42?
I asked 2 teammates to read my stats from their ally list (one of them is Android user and the other IOS) and they reported quite the same data of 150A/167D (ios) and 151a/148d (android).... , unless cash attack fighting the boss isn't any longer our rough alliance attack, it is cristallin clear that after this update my rough attack decresed of 20k. Further, what I actual see is less 10% (am russian flag, with angsr 18%, plus other buildings, plus units boost, plus faction bonus attack in ground and infantry units) of bonus (150k + 10%= 165) and not 161k.
So any explanation 4 this?

Viperpv
05-11-2013, 07:19 AM
We test them. The BIG stat drop that happened wouldn't have shown up in test, because it was caused by something that went wrong in the actual deploy process.
I'm a test manager and this just shows it wasn't tested properly, verifying the changes in prod of something so fundamental should have been part of the process, seems it hit everyone on android so should have been known by gree immediately and either been a fix on fail or rolled back.

WI(AusNz)
05-11-2013, 07:22 AM
Cj, first off I would like to thank you for addressing most of our questions. I'm sure you have notice the dislikes of WD wars being so close together, so can I ask why do it? We are burned out of it. I'm sure you can say "don't participate in every WD then", well then what's the point? Clearly the majority if not all factions like the 1 war per month idea. I and I'm sure most of the modern war community would like to know why these events are so close together? I do advise you or any of your developers to actually play the game. You will realize in 1 war that the wars are too close together.

Good point. I've seen 2 high level players quit for this in the past month! One was an ex faction member who joined a top 25 and one 2 days ago in our faction. It's impossible to simply "don't participate" because of the responsibility u have to other faction members and your own reputation in the group as a "performer". Our faction is a bit on burnout watch now. I personally like events but the battles are very intence for a lot of us and should be monthly spaced.

kygiacomo
05-11-2013, 08:00 AM
Good point. I've seen 2 high level players quit for this in the past month! One was an ex faction member who joined a top 25 and one 2 days ago in our faction. It's impossible to simply "don't participate" because of the responsibility u have to other faction members and your own reputation in the group as a "performer". Our faction is a bit on burnout watch now. I personally like events but the battles are very intence for a lot of us and should be monthly spaced. as long as the money rolls in cj or anyone at gree can care less what we experience..if they cared they would fix the hackers..when u see ppl with 700 heavy cannons and u screenshot them and send it in and 2 or 3 weeks later they are still playing its proff they dont care..at the end of the day their pockets are filled with cash and whatever we exp is a OH WELL from gree

maddog081
05-11-2013, 09:37 AM
Am I gonna get back the 9mil that was taken from my bank with the update?

Long dong silver
05-11-2013, 10:18 AM
Still don't think Android stats are correct.

Besides flag boost, which still is not in the equation, a faction member sees my android llp with stats of 79k attack and 88k defence. So this is unboosted.? Android shows sats of 94k attack and 99k defence. That's 15k attack gained and 11k defence gained. Our faction defence boosts far outway attack boosts by a mile so why is the attack gain more.??

Surely when adding boosts, defence would have the higher increase.?

Cheers
Lee

ohgreatitsryan
05-13-2013, 10:33 AM
Any word about all of this CJ?

pearytan
05-14-2013, 08:50 AM
when are we going to be able to see our after bonus stats? war is starting soon.

fuzzlenutz
05-14-2013, 10:46 AM
Drunken Carrier Pigeons Sad To Say

Seconded, it seems like it would be pretty easy and quick to ask the devs about it.....unless you only use telegraphs.

Gpzoon
05-14-2013, 10:49 AM
I commented this thread with post #28 and according I haven't got any comment, I sent an ingame ticket to the support (after the last game update I lost 20k of my rough attack).

I am not fully satisfied with their answer... but at least they got back to me in a very short time and I appreciated it. Further they are working on this issue so i believe maight be useful posting their replay:

Chris Walter, May 13 15:47 (PDT):
Hello,

Thank you for contacting Gree Support. I can completely understand. If that happened to me I'd be really upset too, so I can imagine your frustration.

We are aware of this specific issue with stats and are currently in the process of fixing this. I apologize about the inconvenience caused by this, but we appreciate your continued patience!

Also I would like to bring this to your attention. There is a bug that is causing boost building and country bonus effects to not be taken into account when looking at another player's profile (or when another player looks at yours). This means that sometimes players' stats can be higher than they appear.

We apologize for the inconvenience you've experienced with this, and hope to have the bug fixed soon.

We appreciate your patience and understanding in this matter.

Regards,

Chris Walter

ohgreatitsryan
05-14-2013, 11:02 AM
Drunken Carrier Pigeons Sad To Say

Drunken Carrier Pigeons(Sad To Say) would be an incredible name for a Folk Rock band. I'm stealing it, assuming I ever start a Folk Rock band.

tonychill
05-14-2013, 02:09 PM

yeah...mine goes from 56k to 84k attack.....but my stats say 78 k

killian121212
05-14-2013, 02:29 PM
my view shows 857k...but ranges from 650-1 million. 350k swing... it's ridiculous.

DME
05-14-2013, 02:36 PM
So if you think about it, anyone who has bought gold units (directly or indirectly) hasn't got what they've paid for...

Edit: I'm referring to the large attack/def fluctuations.

njemt242
05-14-2013, 06:26 PM

Liar!!!!! What do you test them on? The latest CC update has destroyed the game.

Sorry wrong forum

Long dong silver
05-16-2013, 11:46 PM
@CJ, any news on androids attack stat swings.? Or the illusive invisible nation bonus.?

Many thanks
Lee

ohgreatitsryan
05-17-2013, 09:49 AM
HEY CJ.

Ever actually getting back to us?

daniel pena
05-19-2013, 09:45 PM
I want to report 2 issues:
1. Depending on the view, the stats differs, see for your self... which one is the correct?
http://imageshack.us/a/img17/2875/screenshot2013052000383.png
http://imageshack.us/a/img341/1558/screenshot2013052000372.png
http://imageshack.us/a/img507/5405/screenshot2013052000361.png

2. Every time I see an enemy profile, his stats is multiplied! And all of them is incorrect... When I raid, it shows stats about the half of the first
http://imageshack.us/a/img51/6083/screenshot2013052000542.png
http://imageshack.us/a/img23/3386/screenshot2013052000543.png
http://imageshack.us/a/img199/3386/screenshot2013052000543.png
http://imageshack.us/a/img163/2627/screenshot2013052000544.png

What now?

Stormageddon
05-22-2013, 03:31 AM
You guys do realized you havent fixed anything supposedly i have 75k attack and 140k defense but i keep losing to people with 50k attack

krabbie
05-22-2013, 06:24 AM
Just wonder why i can defeat people with 300k defence (as shown on their profile), while my attack is mostly around 130k... Their true def is mostly around 100k... Something is clearly wrong!

Stormageddon
05-22-2013, 07:17 AM
its cuz they're lazy and dont care about you unless you spend 500 bucks a month and GREE if what i say is wrong prove it and let the little guys get a break

lightning strikes
05-22-2013, 11:04 AM
I read a lot about attack but 3 weeks ago I lost about 60k defence. i went from 135k to 75k. Next day I had 81k. Some faction members looked at my stats and they all saw something different from 70k ro 85k. I asked someone who attacked me to attack me again and tell me what defence she saw. Surprisingly 105k. I left the faction, joined another, left again and went back to my faction. All different figures. Gree support tells me that its only a profile problem. There is a problem between skills, indiv.bonus and faction bonus what gives wrong numbers in my profile. They are working on it........waiting and waiting still. I use android......