PDA

View Full Version : Android: Regarding the building collection glitch

CJ54
05-08-2013, 05:18 PM
Hey all, we have been receiving reports about building income "rolling back" after it is collected in Crime City Android.

The engineers looked into this situation, and found that there is a glitch in the 30% income boost. When you collect from your money buildings, the game client is crediting you more than the 30% increase you should be receiving. Then the client connects to our server and the overpayment is recognized. The additional amount is removed, leaving you with the correct amount you should have received. We realize that this glitch is causing some confusion and we have a fix in the works for it now.

dudeman
05-08-2013, 05:22 PM
This is happening on iOS too. And the building timers are still fubar.

Nice to see that the sh!t has to really hit the fan before someone gets off their ass to do something about it.

Powerepic
05-08-2013, 05:37 PM
how about the glitch where you get robbed hours after you collected?

Steve0
05-08-2013, 05:41 PM
So many glitches where do we start. CJ how soon can this and any other glitches get fixed?

CohibAA
05-08-2013, 06:02 PM
Still waiting on an answer for why battle influence scores from the developer list don't match the scores shown on our screens, among others.

dudeman
05-08-2013, 06:06 PM
Question: +30% income boost was given to the 60 members of the winning syndicate from Market Plaza. Why is it causing a big screw up for evereyone in CC and not just for the 60 people who actually received this exclusive bonus?

mxz
05-08-2013, 06:11 PM
@CJ - I explain my theory on the cause and effects in ticket #570296, if you're interested (iOS).

It looks like it fixed one major issue but is causing this (minor) one.

Question: +30% income boost was given to the 60 members of the winning syndicate from Market Plaza. Why is it causing a big screw up for evereyone in CC and not just for the 60 people who actually received this exclusive bonus?Incorrect. That is just a glitch that shows a double-counting of the syndicate bonus. It is not 30%, but rather the syndicate bonus (25% for Level 5, 20% for Level 4, etc..).

dudeman
05-08-2013, 06:30 PM
@CJ - I explain my theory on the cause and effects in ticket #570296, if you're interested (iOS).

It looks like it fixed one major issue but is causing this (minor) one.

Incorrect. That is just a glitch that shows a double-counting of the syndicate bonus. It is not 30%, but rather the syndicate bonus (25% for Level 5, 20% for Level 4, etc..).

CJ specifically mentioned the 30% income boost. There has only been one of those, and only 60 people should have it.

That still doesn't explain why the other income boosts are also affected here though.

mxz
05-08-2013, 06:31 PM
CJ specifically mentioned the 30% income boost. There has only been one of those, and only 60 people should have it.

That still doesn't explain why the other income boosts are also affected here though.More proof support looks into big spender tickets before us mortals :)

montecore
05-08-2013, 07:02 PM
Interestingly I haven't seen this on Android, but I've heard of the issue from several iOS users.

Swedevil
05-08-2013, 07:11 PM
The problem is that this is being reported on both platforms... it's not a one sided error. Funny that this glitch was pushed through so fast and actually looked in to when I have three tickets in que with over 45 days on two of them and no one has even sent automated responses on them. If I give you direct access to my retirement, my daughters college savings fund and sign the deed over to my house will you guys actually read one of my tickets?

Steve0
05-08-2013, 07:44 PM
The problem is that this is being reported on both platforms... it's not a one sided error. Funny that this glitch was pushed through so fast and actually looked in to when I have three tickets in que with over 45 days on two of them and no one has even sent automated responses on them. If I give you direct access to my retirement, my daughters college savings fund and sign the deed over to my house will you guys actually read one of my tickets?

I think gree will still give you TH3 F1NG3R. Just like reporting ill legitimate people you have to explain in multiple emails why they are what they are. Now there is this problem and sounds like they are checking the wrong thing.

What happened to the in game support report? It takes me to make a post not to the old standard email.

budman68
05-09-2013, 06:44 AM
I think gree will still give you TH3 F1NG3R. Just like reporting ill legitimate people you have to explain in multiple emails why they are what they are. Now there is this problem and sounds like they are checking the wrong thing.

What happened to the in game support report? It takes me to make a post not to the old standard email.

It starts as a post but then moves to an email.

bald zeemer
05-09-2013, 06:50 AM
If I give you direct access to my retirement, my daughters college savings fund and sign the deed over to my house will you guys actually read one of my tickets?

No.

They are equitable in their lack of service.

As to the original claim: Nobody should be getting a 30% misread. Obviously most synds are getting 25%, and FC a 55% misread. I have absolutely no idea why they think it's 30%.

budman68
05-09-2013, 09:22 AM
I agree CJ can acknowledge there is an issue with the money ( on both platforms ) but no mention of the time sync issues that they can't will not fix.

Swedevil
05-09-2013, 12:49 PM
No.

They are equitable in their lack of service.

As to the original claim: Nobody should be getting a 30% misread. Obviously most synds are getting 25%, and FC a 55% misread. I have absolutely no idea why they think it's 30%.

You answered it yourself. There is a 25% for most people that is getting reported. There is a 55% for FC. That's a 30% difference. They are seeing that FC is reporting it and not really taking note yet of anyone else's because they are going through the 3 week customer service ticket method and not the direct email that some FC members have.

Jackhammer
05-09-2013, 01:10 PM
Yeah this freaked me out when I was trying to buy my Pagoda. I thought someone was attacking me while I was trying to gather my money and I was getting stressed out.

Hammertone
05-09-2013, 01:33 PM
how about the glitch where you get robbed hours after you collected?

Is that still happening? Have not seen that in a fair while.

CJ54
05-09-2013, 03:16 PM
The problem is that this is being reported on both platforms... it's not a one sided error.

We've actually found the cause on iOS, it's with that boost type on items, and we're fixing that in an update as soon as possible.

I agree CJ can acknowledge there is an issue with the money ( on both platforms ) but no mention of the time sync issues that they can't will not fix.

It is impossible to give constant updates on everything that people have a concern about (it would be boring anyway, a lot of it would just be "engineers are still looking into this one" or "waiting on Apple to approve the next binary"). That doesn't mean we're not working on it. The time sync issue has already been acknowledged as something we're working on identifying and fixing.

gambet1234
05-09-2013, 09:29 PM
...second only to actual results.

It is impossible to give constant updates on everything that people have a concern about (it would be boring anyway, a lot of it would just be "engineers are still looking into this one" or "waiting on Apple to approve the next binary").

No, it isn't. I'd love to see a thread from you once a week.

"Here's what we know about and are working on. Support won't be replying to you on these matters as a fix is in the works.
1. x glitch (seems to be iOS only, report it if you see it on Android) Still unsure of the cause.
2. y glitch - Engineers have nailed it down and are coding the fix/waiting on Apple.
3. z glitch. We don't yet know what is causing it but, believe me, we are trying"

Something like that would do wonders for our sanity... just an acknowledgement of the issues and a tiny status update. It would probably cut back on tickets a little, too, especially if you sent players to that thread in the canned reply you send out.

CohibAA
05-09-2013, 09:35 PM
I bet this has something to do with the problems:

Director of Quality Assurance
Quality Assurance | San Francisco, CA, United States
GREE is looking for an experienced Director of Quality Assurance with strong leadership abilities and excellent organizational skills. The candidate must have experience in resource allocation and estimates, change management, risk analysis and have an extensive background in consumer, gaming and Internet based software technologies. This person must be able to work in a fast paced environment and have previous experience managing medium to large teams of Quality Assurance testers.

If you are qualified, you can apply here:
http://gree-corp.com/jobs/view/&jvi=ohPFWfwr,job

Responsibilities:

Define quality procedures in conjunction with operating staff;
Identify relevant quality-related training needs and delivering training;
Ensure tests and procedures are properly understood, carried out and evaluated
Supervise managerial and technical staff in carrying out tests and checks;
Bring together staff of different disciplines and driving the group to plan, formulate and agree upon comprehensive quality procedures;

Required Skills:

5-8 years Director of QA Management experience, preferably in gaming or internet technologies
2-3 Years experience working with outsource partners, managing and maintaining the quality and budgetary requirements
3- 5 Years experience promoting quality achievement and performance improvement throughout the organization;
Maintaining awareness of the business context and company profitability, including budgetary control issues
Experience working closely with Customer Service groups

:cool:

cooch
05-09-2013, 10:19 PM

Not much $ in any of those accounts eh? LOL:cool: Throw in first born and maybe that will make the difference!

Swedevil
05-10-2013, 03:47 AM
Not much $ in any of those accounts eh? LOL:cool: Throw in first born and maybe that will make the difference!actually, a good bit in one and about half a good bit in the other. However, I have sworn off good buying this month until gree fixes the two issues I sent them 42 days ago.

Sgt Rocker
05-11-2013, 11:46 PM
This happens to me too! I loose a lot of money every time collecting, very frustrating. Will we get the lost money back??? It would be nice to see an extension on the Pagoda quest since saving up for the upgrades now take longer than it normally would.

bald zeemer
05-12-2013, 12:03 AM
You aren't losing any money. The apparent losses are the inflated amounts caused by the glitch.

Droop1972
05-12-2013, 01:25 AM
I bet this has something to do with the problems:

If you are qualified, you can apply here:
http://gree-corp.com/jobs/view/&jvi=ohPFWfwr,job

:cool:

I approve this message.

Bob Mob Recruiting
05-14-2013, 12:03 AM
This happens to me too! I loose a lot of money every time collecting, very frustrating. Will we get the lost money back??? It would be nice to see an extension on the Pagoda quest since saving up for the upgrades now take longer than it normally would.

Me Too! It's costing me 15% of my daily income! I've already lost more than the cost of my next pagoda upgrade - which I can't currently afford. My iph is only 650k, so I need every penny and this is really hurting :-(

You aren't losing any money. The apparent losses are the inflated amounts caused by the glitch.

That's not true. I've added up the incomes from my buildings as displayed on screen, I initially get the correct value and then it rolls back by 15%. It only happens on my 24h and 48h buildings, but not on my 12h???? Anyone else notice this?

bald zeemer
05-14-2013, 03:11 AM
That's not true. I've added up the incomes from my buildings as displayed on screen, I initially get the correct value and then it rolls back by 15%. It only happens on my 24h and 48h buildings, but not on my 12h???? Anyone else notice this?

The numbers displayed on the buildings are what's inflated. The output bonus is being applied twice, so naturally the buildings appear to be paying out what they would if your output bonus was double what it is. The amount equal to the second bonus then disappears the next time your game contacts the server (so attempting to bank, attempting to upgrade, refreshing rivals list, etc).

Bob Mob Recruiting
05-14-2013, 10:09 AM
The numbers displayed on the buildings are what's inflated. The output bonus is being applied twice, so naturally the buildings appear to be paying out what they would if your output bonus was double what it is. The amount equal to the second bonus then disappears the next time your game contacts the server (so attempting to bank, attempting to upgrade, refreshing rivals list, etc).

Ah! I see! So I looked at my level 1 Upscale Club.....basic payout is $82,000. I have the 10% class bonus and 25% syndicate building output bonus. $82,000 + 10% = $90,200 then plus 25% = $112,750. I get $140,938 which is $112,750 +25%.......so the error is on the displayed building output, which is adding the 25% syndicate bonus twice! The second bonus is then taken away.......but why doesn't this happen on the 12h buildings?