PDA

View Full Version : A change in Gree's plans

Auspex
05-08-2013, 02:20 PM
In the last couple months I've noticed that Gree has taken a much different approach to MW it seems that getting reasonably decent gold units is now a matter of doing LTQ's and beating the boss the handouts have increased massively.

I've been slow to consider this a good thing as I've been conditioned to the grind that optional pay games usually provide for players that intend on playing free. Free = Grind for years to get where a few dollars could get you today. I've always considered this fine as I have picked which games I will pay for and which are just silly.

There is some evidence that Gree has changed their tactic and are going to try to move to a different level of pay for play providing Fun vs providing a way out of the grind.

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/190890/Grees_looking_into_monetizing_fun_instead_of_frict ion.php

There are a few documents like this on the net maybe they have changed their approach to making money?

KFH
05-08-2013, 05:41 PM
They found a new way to make people spend gold without feeling bad about it. Since the LTQ's have started i'v been using twice the amount of gold to beat them for better units. It feel like it's a good deal now, but in a couple of months they will just make units that are twice as powerful making these obsolete.

ohgreatitsryan
05-08-2013, 05:47 PM
They found a new way to make people spend gold without feeling bad about it. Since the LTQ's have started i'v been using twice the amount of gold to beat them for better units. It feel like it's a good deal now, but in a couple of months they will just make units that are twice as powerful making these obsolete.

It won't be long until it's like KA and any major prize unit has 10k+ stats.

OUTLAW JUSTICE
05-08-2013, 05:55 PM
I have been banned, i need help. please please help me. someone, i will do whatever you want.

I need this, i will never go bangkok again

Golf4life
05-08-2013, 05:57 PM
dude you kept talking so much smack about the developers of the game and trying to get people to STOP spending money on it, what did you expect?

if you cut off their income, obviously the game will shut down.

it was stupid from the beginning and you did this to yourself.

I have been banned, i need help. please please help me. someone, i will do whatever you want.

ohgreatitsryan
05-08-2013, 05:58 PM

So, you got banned from entering Thailand and really miss those sweet, sweet, sweet Thai hookers?

Golf4life
05-08-2013, 06:34 PM
hitting this one on the head early.

PJ54
This message is hidden because PJ54 is on your ignore list.
View Post.
Remove user from ignore list

glitters
05-08-2013, 06:43 PM
Gree games never included grinding elements to begin with (unless you take the thingly stretched view that camping = grinding). Gree is just suggesting it plans to drive out the free players from experiencing the fun by imbalancing the game even more between free and paying customers. The proof is in the pudding.

Jhenry02
05-08-2013, 06:45 PM
Lol already deleted

Golf4life
05-08-2013, 06:46 PM
haha awesome

CJ seems to be on his game tonight!

Lol already deleted

KFH
05-08-2013, 06:56 PM
Never tried KA, might download tonight just to see for comparison. Spend to much time on MW feel like i would just get pulled in to the other games

Muse_boa
05-08-2013, 07:03 PM
Lol, that's quick, two posts, running out on devices? Need a wing man? Was just reading old posts on rumours on how to cloak your base (the history of this forum is very entertaining. I'm sorry i joined so late

Xjarhead
05-08-2013, 07:14 PM
EE
Hello....pudding cakeAw you know our friend FFP has a patent on that name, make sure you do it Justice, no PUN intended

Bobar
05-09-2013, 02:16 PM
gameplay has changed, indeed. no need to build up a good base (which was a long term mission indeed). but noone is forced to play it. i still like it