PDA

View Full Version : Fight FREE for BfC Challenge - The best thing you never spent money on

Tanner
05-08-2013, 08:37 AM
So, since some have had a bit too much of the gold spending for a while and others just like to play for free The Ranger Elites Guild and Bravehearts of Scotland are sponsoring a Fight Free for BfC Challenge. May the best team win!

So the concept is pretty simple, right? Your faction just agrees to fight for free in BfC. It's so easy it even rhymes. How easy could this be? Pretty easy, see? If you didn't want to do it before, I bet now you'll think about more. Save your cash for the units that best suit you. Or, don't, maybe buy your little girl a tutu. Either way you choose, spend how you see fit, but awards only go to those who play without spending a bit. How do we enter, you might start to think? Simply ignore that powersmasherrefillinator button, don't tap that thing! Well, what if we're close to the next tier and want those special bonus unit pixel guys? I might suggest that you decide as a team what's wise. But remember, these 1st/2nd/3rd trophy-banners give special hidden boosts a la the assault bear. You wouldn't want to miss out on such a great treasure! Silly you say - a banner to paste on a page, why it's just made of pixels! What a THOUGH! You're on to something there, Mr. Bischel.

HGF, I'm glad you guys spoke up (http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?53827-Bravehearts-of-Scotland-no-gold-for-Columbia) - I couldn't have asked for a better faction to tack a target to. =]

Take The Challenge! (https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1tpHcF2cm6_upMiptLeBwhE0wqpvQVw5FqoTnH_DtNB0/viewform)

See Who is taking the Challenge (https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1tpHcF2cm6_upMiptLeBwhE0wqpvQVw5FqoTnH_DtNB0/viewanalytics)

Wear your Badge with pride!
http://i1320.photobucket.com/albums/u527/Tanner4MW/MW/FREEBADGE_zps3c26dc6e.jpg (http://s1320.photobucket.com/user/Tanner4MW/media/MW/FREEBADGE_zps3c26dc6e.jpg.html)

PIRATE JUSTICE
05-08-2013, 08:42 AM
Yes, sanity is creeping back into this scam.

Let the addicts do their thing, the independents can do their thing.

This CARTEL (IOO) supports this excellent, challenging, strategy based event.

Who cares what those others do, this is the event worth watching!

Tctiger
05-08-2013, 09:02 AM
good idea! that would make it more interesting for the free forum factions and we are used to doing the final leader board ourselves anyway , it will be like a mini WD i like it .

BigD@wg
05-08-2013, 09:23 AM
I support this message :D

Miner
05-08-2013, 09:45 AM
This message is approved by Miner. I support the Cartel. I sit with the Ranger's Elite as a free WD event player and support them in their efforts.

pelle plutt
05-08-2013, 09:47 AM
I bet REG can make 1.5+ M points (free) - any takers?

Long dong silver
05-08-2013, 10:24 AM
I'm in support of a Free WD.... No Gold from Me

Cheers
Lee

Poppa
05-08-2013, 11:02 AM
Great idea. Our own wd event. B.O.S will win all the bragging rights that go alongvwith it😊

HGF69
05-08-2013, 12:47 PM
Well obviously we are in Tanner, I'm glad another faction supports our idea and has now made it competitive.

Your challenge is accepted and I suggest you update the OP to add all those factions who which to join in!

If your faction wants in just let us know and Tanner will register you. Final WD ranking points will decide the winner.

qqqq
05-08-2013, 01:01 PM
It looks like a wise idea, Tanner, also taking into consideration that Gree messed the battle results and so a great part of gold hits would be wasted

HGF69
05-08-2013, 11:45 PM
Anymore takers? It's free to join!

I am a cow
05-08-2013, 11:49 PM
We may be going for free this time attempt 1 =???

BADMARKX
05-08-2013, 11:57 PM
I still had fun playing one for free. Even though I know our team is good for top 100, it's a fun experiment to see how many points you can score for free.
The idea of honouring a free team is a good idea too.
Lets face it, money aside, there is some real skill to this game.
Factions that have their act together can still have fun and score well with the right tactics.
Top 750 is at least achievable.

Fatherllama
05-09-2013, 04:08 AM
I still had fun playing one for free. Even though I know our team is good for top 100, it's a fun experiment to see how many points you can score for free.
The idea of honouring a free team is a good idea too.
Lets face it, money aside, there is some real skill to this game.
Factions that have their act together can still have fun and score well with the right tactics.
Top 750 is at least achievable.

I wouldn't actually say there's any skill involved, but rather knowledge and strategy.

Mcdoc
05-09-2013, 04:44 AM
I have no choice on the matter - my last 5 Gree purchases have FAILED.

Fanta32
05-09-2013, 06:05 AM
Can be down to luck of draw of who we get paired with, Is it any clearer if you are ranked with similar size/strength/ranked factions or a compilation and failed formula if them?

Would hate to go free and still et matched against constant top 100.

Tanner
05-09-2013, 07:18 AM
Can be down to luck of draw of who we get paired with, Is it any clearer if you are ranked with similar size/strength/ranked factions or a compilation and failed formula if them?

Would hate to go free and still et matched against constant top 100.

Color me clueless when it comes to how greeD pairs us.
I'm excited to bring it free and see how awesome we can be.
If you all win by luck or chance, I'll join you in your happy dance.
If by chance we win this war, well, it was all talent, skill and nothing more!

=]

see OP for signups.

SHANESTER
05-13-2013, 07:22 AM
So, how does anybody know wether or not the participating factions actually use gold or not?

Rowdydowdy
05-13-2013, 07:27 AM
I think you can tell by the points at the end and by how fast your level ten wall becomes rubble...

SHANESTER
05-13-2013, 08:29 AM
so, its the honor system, great.
i still think we need to press gree to post total gold used per team after the event. it's only fair we know how well our strategic efforts compare to others (after all it's suposed to be a strategy game not an auction). Or should gree change their closing statemet in the WD walk through to "we'd wish you luck but you don't need luck. You need money."
It wouldn't hurt to have an individual profile stat for gold spent either. i think that would make the free players and light gold users a little more content. that way everybody would have a better idea of how well they compare on a stratigic level.
I vote for gold spent stats!

DME
05-13-2013, 09:00 AM
GREE won't share how much a player/faction spends and they shouldn't. Why would they take the risk of pissing off their source of income. It isn't that difficult to identify the big spenders anyway.
It's really nobodies business exactly how much somebody is spending but the person actually spending. It should be up to the individual as to whether or not they disclose how much they spend/have spent.

josempolo
05-13-2013, 09:38 AM
I totaly agree with this idea. Gold expenses has become to big, in the way to win.. This will be more mind healthy and more even.

SHANESTER
05-13-2013, 11:34 AM
GREE won't share how much a player/faction spends and they shouldn't. Why would they take the risk of pissing off their source of income. It isn't that difficult to identify the big spenders anyway.
It's really nobodies business exactly how much somebody is spending but the person actually spending. It should be up to the individual as to whether or not they disclose how much they spend/have spent.

DME, saying its nobodies business is like telling the Olympic committee it's not their business who uses steroids. Or what right does the MLB have regulating the players bats. Can a PGA players us a golf ball that doesn’t conform to USGA guidelines? No, because these things drastically tip the scales, so they are regulated. Gold use drastically tips the scales in the game. I understand why Gree allows it which is fine. Just post the gold use, so when we loss we know why. That is fair. And as long as we rival one another what each of us does is everybodies business. If you want a secret game go buy one and the console won’t tell a sole how you get your victories.
Besides, what would be so upsetting about posting gold use. If you’re ashamed of your gold spending then either stop spending or start bragging about it.
And who really cares about the big spenders anyway? They aren’t on my rival list. It’s the ones that aren’t so obvious that we rival against everyday.
I still vote post the gold use! Keep MW a strategy game.

HGF69
05-13-2013, 11:50 AM
I think you can tell by the points at the end and by how fast your level ten wall becomes rubble...

Your wall will be rubble anyway with 40-50 players online at once, we are that organised

DME
05-13-2013, 12:04 PM
DME, saying its nobodies business is like telling the Olympic committee it's not their business who uses steroids. Or what right does the MLB have regulating the players bats. Can a PGA players us a golf ball that doesn’t conform to USGA guidelines? No, because these things drastically tip the scales, so they are regulated. Gold use drastically tips the scales in the game. I understand why Gree allows it which is fine. Just post the gold use, so when we loss we know why. That is fair. And as long as we rival one another what each of us does is everybodies business. If you want a secret game go buy one and the console won’t tell a sole how you get your victories.
Besides, what would be so upsetting about posting gold use. If you’re ashamed of your gold spending then either stop spending or start bragging about it.
And who really cares about the big spenders anyway? They aren’t on my rival list. It’s the ones that aren’t so obvious that we rival against everyday.
I still vote post the gold use! Keep MW a strategy game.

No...just no.
Your comparisons are just ridiculous. You're comparing money spending to cheating. If you were comparing steroid use and the rest to hacking, then you would be correct.
In a way it's like a privately owned company not having to publish earning reports, as there are no outside investors, but a PLC having to do so due to outside investors (share holders).

Auspex
05-13-2013, 12:47 PM
No...just no.
Your comparisons are just ridiculous. You're comparing money spending to cheating. If you were comparing steroid use and the rest to hacking, then you would be correct.
In a way it's like a privately owned company not having to publish earning reports, as there are no outside investors, but a PLC having to do so due to outside investors (share holders).

Yes I have to agree with you DME. I'm certain they would be required by law to NOT post individual customer spending habits on the web. Thankfully my grocer, baker and liquor store also don't post my spending habits on the web.

SHANESTER
05-13-2013, 01:39 PM
Yes I have to agree with you DME. I'm certain they would be required by law to NOT post individual customer spending habits on the web. Thankfully my grocer, baker and liquor store also don't post my spending habits on the web.

I didn't say post their money spent purchasing gold, how they got the gold, or even how much gold they have. I simple suggested posting how much in game gold they spend in the game. It wouldn't reveal anybodies financials. it certainly wouldn't be illegal. nobody would even know how they got it, weather it was free gold or purchased gold, what discounts they got, or even how much they have left. but it would simple tell everybody how much gold contributed to that teams faction placing. And likewise if gold spent was somehow posted on personal profiles it would give you a better idea of how much gold contibuted to that rival's stats and base.
It's really not that complicted of an idea, nor a complete one, just a real good one:D. i'm sure the developers could perfect it and make it work for everybody somehow.
I'm not opposed to gold use by the way. I'm a gold user myself. I use all the gold Gree gives me for free.:)

SHANESTER
05-13-2013, 02:20 PM
No...just no.

DME, money spending is the cheat!
It's not a perfect comparison only because the Olympics doesn't allow the steroid cheat. It would be more comparable if the Olympics not only allowed steroid use but required that all steroids used be purchased through them. Then you would have Gree’s modern war prototype. In a strategy game gaining an advantage directly through a financial purchase is a cheat. Everybody, including Gree, understands that. They are funding their free strategy game by allowing a cheat.
We play because the game is fun and free. If you paid $75 for the game for your xbox then found you’d have to spend more to succeed, you’d want your money back.
That’s not really the issue though, not for me anyway. I understand Gree’s angle and think they did an overall good job making the game playable for both the free players and the big spenders. I simple want to know more about how the gold spending affects my game play and my faction’s game play for strategies sake. Doesn’t seam like too much to ask to me. Let me know if I lose, is it because of my strategy or because that player dropped 5,000 gold bars on their stats this morning? That is fair. I won’t complain. I’ll just know why he kicked my butt. I’ll pick it up off the ground and move on to next rival. It’s not that big of a deal, just post the gold factor somehow!

Some Random Clown
05-13-2013, 02:27 PM
The Random Clowns have always been free players, that's why we are in the 1000 range club and not in the 500s. We have 32 players and good strategy but not perfect attendance and maxed bonuses. To play free you have to play smart. There's No way to police the players spending habits on here. My opinion but if your team total exceeds 750K for a 40 member team you get into sketchy territory and will need to post total fights and total WD points scored per fight. You get lucky and have the opponents loosing against your team you get more points so thats the sketchy part thats hard to track. There is only so much time to fight when you fight free and every tick matters when you recharge.

DME
05-13-2013, 02:31 PM
What strategy? It's a stats game. If somebodies stats are higher than yours there is no way to overcome that other than by improving your own stats or getting lucky with the dice roll and that is true whether they are a gold buyer or not.

Blitz.BestoftheBest
05-13-2013, 03:44 PM
We, Best of the Best, are in. Let's do this shiznit. Top 750 in Columbia, top 500 in the following.

We have top 100 quality bonuses, and have 15 slots available after a merger. Send me a PM if interested.

Poppa
05-13-2013, 08:38 PM
So, how does anybody know wether or not the participating factions actually use gold or not?honor system

HGF69
05-14-2013, 01:56 PM
We, Best of the Best, are in. Let's do this shiznit. Top 750 in Columbia, top 500 in the following.

We have top 100 quality bonuses, and have 15 slots available after a merger. Send me a PM if interested.

Just send me your top 2 players, I have 2 slots!! Get in before Columbia or forever hold your peace.

People's Front of Judea G
05-14-2013, 02:57 PM
Our faction is playing BfC for free as we refuse to give Gree any of our hard earned dollars while they ignore our complaints regarding the complete schmozzle they have made of the attack/defence algorithm. Why spend gold on stamina refills when half the attacks will fail because of BS Attack/Defence mismatches? We're tired of losing attacks to people with less than 50% and/or 300k less stats than us. So we refuse to reward Gree for their incompetence.

Tito89
05-14-2013, 04:11 PM
Killer tomatoes have only ever had one gold player, ME! It's was free gold though;) this idea is cool and there should be a separate league for it.

King little fruit fly
05-14-2013, 07:17 PM
Send all your top gold players this way, PM me!

King little fruit fly
05-14-2013, 07:18 PM
Although I support gold free anytime! :D

erickd271
05-15-2013, 08:06 PM
im level 166 with the following stats:
Attack: 237,302
defense: 235,621
# of allies: 534
# of units: 5,538
iph: $1,587,769
gold user?: Sadly no
anyone want to take me in??
pm me if your interested in me or post below

VSH
05-16-2013, 03:53 AM
I support gold free gaming, even though I light spend as do some of my team mates.
A game which relies solely on hard work, strategy, etc (and maybe a little luck..) is how it SHOULD be.
However, as with most things in the real world, money trumps all. Thats fair enough, no complaints as such. I personally am not prepared to spend too much of my real money, from my real job, in the real world on some make believe currency, in a made up game, lol. Good luck to those who do though, that's their choice.

As for publishing details of how much gold players use, it'll never happen. GREE wont bite the hand that feeds it.

Tanner
05-19-2013, 03:58 PM
So how's are my free friends holding out? Anyone excessively tapping today? I wonder what the highest point total you've seen from a single free battle is?

Poppa
05-19-2013, 08:31 PM
Bravehearts are doing good. We went up against pfj and they put up 170+points