PDA

View Full Version : Two pagodas

zwiswoo
05-08-2013, 07:57 AM
Question for those who're using gold, and have gone far with the pandemonium event:

I just bought my second pagoda, and have ~95M left. The first pagoda will finish building in about 12 hours. Is it better to upgrade the two side by side and get two copies of lower rung weapons or is it better to pick one and upgrade it? Is it also possible to upgrade the two simultaneously, and is that advisable re cash spending over eight days? I have ~1M IPH and 50% discount in cost, but won't spend gold on this event - decided to not buy any gold this month!

bald zeemer
05-08-2013, 07:59 AM
You only get weapons from 1. Focus on that, deal with the other one after the event.

zwiswoo
05-08-2013, 08:07 AM
Oh I see. So it's more of a distraction than anything else - the only short term benefit from the second one is to gain on build and upgrade times. Lol that definitely makes the question much easier.

05-09-2013, 11:59 PM
Are you sure the Pagoda will still be available for purchase after the event ends?

tehlolkid
05-10-2013, 12:02 AM
No, it wont be available

05-10-2013, 12:05 AM
That's what I thought...
I'll just build 2 to get the benefit of the income.

I found this info while searching this event.
Might he helpful to some.

Level 1 gets you the Chinatown Underbelly Boots: 250 / 382
Level 2 gets you the Chinatown Underbelly Blade: 400 / 456
Level 3 gets you the Chinatown Underbelly Tech Bow: 550 / 627
Level 4 gets you the Chinatown Underbelly Car: 850 / 755
Level 5 gets you the Chinatown Underbelly Vest: 750 / 1930
Level 6 gets you the Chinatown Underbelly: 1500 / 1282
Level 7 gets you the Chinatown Underbelly: 1431 / 2100
Level 8 gets you the Chinatown Underbelly: 2800 / 1587
Level 9 gets you the Chinatown Underbelly: 3000 / 2350
Level 10 gets you the Chinatown Underbelly Drifter: 5700 / 5000

Jazza
05-10-2013, 12:39 AM
If your short on cash for your upgrade, dont build the 2nd until the last few hours of the event, as long as its building before the timer runs out its all good and you can upgrade it later

Spartacus18888
05-10-2013, 01:42 AM
Great advice Jazza, thank you.

SmokeEater
05-10-2013, 03:20 AM
Wish when they had events like the pagoda they would not price the initial building purchase so high. For example the pagoda costs a little over 35m just to build it. If it were priced around 5m then the lower level players could still buy it. Then if the lower level player wants to upgrade then they can do it at their leisure or if they want to complete the event goal they can purchase cash to do it.

I would be willing to buy cash if it would not cost me close to $300 to buy enough cash. As they sit right now just to have the chance to buy it it would take me 37days to just buy it and it is not fair to all players if they do not have the same opportunity as any other player.

If I could buy one purchase of cash to build any building i would but not $300.

Jazza
05-10-2013, 03:27 AM
Wish when they had events like the pagoda they would not price the initial building purchase so high. For example the pagoda costs a little over 35m just to build it. If it were priced around 5m then the lower level players could still buy it. Then if the lower level player wants to upgrade then they can do it at their leisure or if they want to complete the event goal they can purchase cash to do it.

I would be willing to buy cash if it would not cost me close to $300 to buy enough cash. As they sit right now just to have the chance to buy it it would take me 37days to just buy it and it is not fair to all players if they do not have the same opportunity as any other player.

If I could buy one purchase of cash to build any building i would but not $300.

Its costs 15million to build ...

And on another note you will find the future building prices will vary so you will eventualy find a tier which you can afford

bald zeemer
05-10-2013, 03:27 AM
It's $15m. Even with a poor IPH, at a low level you could rob enough in 10 days to build at least 1.

And why, exactly, should you have the opportunity to buy it with a poor IPH? You similarly can't currently buy NCs (over 2.5 times the price, and a better building) plus all the buildings unlocked above your current level.

I think what you're really saying is why can't you keep on camping and still get it. And the answer is simple: They are finally trying to adjust game mechanics to stop camping being an ideal strategy. Which is a good thing for everyone.

SmokeEater
05-10-2013, 03:37 AM
Its costs 15million to build ...

And on another note you will find the future building prices will vary so you will eventualy find a tier which you can afford

You are correct I just noticed I was thinking of the building in MW. But still think the initial build should be around 5m to get more players to build it then leave the upgrades the same to promote players buying cash to accomplish the event goal. Gree still makes money and players do not feel ****d. Just to build the building if you had $0 cash in the bank would cost $160. Where Gree could get more by ( for the lack of a better term) baiting the player to by cash to upgrade when the player hears how much income can be made from the building. Like attracting bee's with a little honey.

Bala82
05-10-2013, 03:38 AM
I hate these new players this game has been around since 2011 and want benefits of this at start when we all gone through number events to get where we are.

I am glad new player can't purchase this building until they reach level 20.

Bala82
05-10-2013, 03:39 AM
You are correct I just noticed I was thinking of the building in MW. But still think the initial build should be around 5m to get more players to build it then leave the upgrades the same to promote players buying cash to accomplish the event goal. Gree still makes money and players do not feel ****d. Just to build the building if you had $0 cash in the bank would cost $160. Where Gree could get more by ( for the lack of a better term) baiting the player to by cash to upgrade when the player hears how much income can be made from the building. Like attracting bee's with a little honey.

I hate to break the bad news but next building will cost 20 million +.

Jazza
05-10-2013, 04:04 AM
Got to agree with bala, finally there is some sort of perk to being a high level instead of a camper ! Cant wait for the ltq to start later ! That will realy rub their noses in it hahahahahahahaha

bald zeemer
05-10-2013, 04:15 AM

Cash purchases are tied to IPH. Improve your IPH and you'll not have to spend as much to get a given amount of cash.

And again, just go robbing.

mxz
05-10-2013, 04:42 AM
I think what you're really saying is why can't you keep on camping and still get it. And the answer is simple: They are finally trying to adjust game mechanics to stop camping being an ideal strategy. Which is a good thing for everyone.Or he needs to camp better. L5/6 is doable with minimal gold if you've been a successful camper focused on NC upgrades and willing to log in 4-5 times a day.

Bala82
05-10-2013, 04:44 AM
Got to agree with bala, finally there is some sort of perk to being a high level instead of a camper ! Cant wait for the ltq to start later ! That will realy rub their noses in it hahahahahahahaha

Well i just hope they make it challenging - 1350 energy ready to go .

Feng1234
05-10-2013, 04:51 AM
It's $15m. Even with a poor IPH, at a low level you could rob enough in 10 days to build at least 1.

And why, exactly, should you have the opportunity to buy it with a poor IPH? You similarly can't currently buy NCs (over 2.5 times the price, and a better building) plus all the buildings unlocked above your current level.

I think what you're really saying is why can't you keep on camping and still get it. And the answer is simple: They are finally trying to adjust game mechanics to stop camping being an ideal strategy. Which is a good thing for everyone.

What, spend more money? A lot of people like cruising in this game so stop representing everyone.

Spartacus18888
05-10-2013, 05:13 AM
whats the ltq event please!

bald zeemer
05-10-2013, 05:18 AM
What, spend more money? A lot of people like cruising in this game so stop representing everyone.

Why would fixing the broken game mechanics make it less possible for you to cruise at your own pace?

I have no problem with campers. I have a problem with the game design that has made avoiding playing a game the best way to play it.

Feng1234
05-10-2013, 05:41 AM
Fair enough but stop representing everyone.

bald zeemer
05-10-2013, 06:05 AM
Care to clarify?

Max Power
05-10-2013, 08:54 AM

What is the one thing most good campers have? Good incomes. I don't see this as a way to prevent camping at all. I bought 2 without a blink on my camper.

MediumRawr
05-10-2013, 09:29 AM
What is the one thing most good campers have? Good incomes. I don't see this as a way to prevent camping at all. I bought 2 without a blink on my camper.

Same, 15 mil is change.

savneetj
05-10-2013, 10:34 AM
Is there a pop after building upgrade to tell what item we won. My stats went up a bit after 2 nd upgrade but I cannot see underbelly boots or blade in my inventory?

Bala82
05-10-2013, 10:47 AM
boot under armour
blade under melee