PDA

View Full Version : Mordern War Gallery

Hivesy
05-08-2013, 04:28 AM
I think it would be a great idea if GREE expanded this official forum site to become more of a fan's site for the game. Not just forums but features like a gallery, unit history, lists of units sortable by cash, valor, air, sea, ground, infantry, attach, defense etc.

I know a lot of this is covered in the MW Toolkit but only from a statistical standpoint. I'm talking about GREE indulging all us fans of the actual game. Not in game either as that's half the problem, viewing things on a phone or even an ipad isn't as nice as a PC monitor.

If you look at SEGA's website for the various Total War games as an example you get lovely unit pictures which you can view full screen. A little bit of background history on each unit, even some unit animations.

I'd love to see that for MW.

BlackArrow
05-08-2013, 04:39 AM
Great idea Hivesy. Maybe they could go as far as a developers blog...glimpse of whats coming and a formal forum for feedback.

Bobar
05-08-2013, 04:41 AM
i would love to see high value units in detail

SGT Rud
05-08-2013, 05:33 AM
It would be kind of cool. While I am sitting here on the forum, reading out loud to my wife who also plays, She asks to go further and put some of the good looking infantry units on a runway and make them strut a bit. She like the light gunner. If we do that, can I get the counter spy.

Blest@iBOB!.mw
05-08-2013, 07:51 AM
+1 ... I can't see anything on my phone...

Thief
05-08-2013, 08:22 AM
I absolutely love this idea as well and is one of the first 100% constructive idea i really like!

I really hope that Gree listens to us :D

Hivesy
05-08-2013, 04:12 PM
In addition to the big size unit image and a bit of text about the unit they could go further and explain why certain units are strong against ground or air for example, I think it would really bring some more enjoyment to the game.

Lets not forget our bases, they could do the same for buildings as well. On that note I still think they could bring more to the game with differentiating between your chosen country when it comes to buildings.

I get why you can't have exclusive buildings or units for each nation as it would make it hard to switch, however you could make the buildings look different. A UK headquarters or defensive gun turret could look very different to a Chinese headquarters or defensive gun turret.

We all spend a lot of time looking at our bases, and other people's bases for that matter. I really think GREE are missing a trick here.