PDA

View Full Version : LEVEL UP is NONSENSE ~ GREE

TYR_Rune
05-07-2013, 08:00 PM
Hey Gree, I have some few complains about the game's level up mechanics.. I didnt posted this in the WOrld Domination Feedback thread since this is more than just world domination issues.

Why is it leveling up more like leveling down?
I think in every mmorpg that you can find, the term "Level-up" also means gaining more power and more advantage over the others..(its more like if youre lazy to play the game, you wont make any progress and your rivals will overtake you)
But why is it here in MW when we do level up we seem to lose the edge? Just doesnt makes sense to me.

First off, high level players tend to gain fewer WDpoints if we hit the LLPs..
Despite the fact that most LLPs in well-organized factions are far more stronger than average HLPs..
No competing faction accepts a low-stat LLPs! Most LLPs that you can find in a faction, specially those from high-calibre factions, are heavy gold players!
Those low stat LLPs are either in a camper faction OR belong to no faction at all...
Its just so unfair that LLPs can score far more than HLPs.. WE ALL PAY THE SAME AMOUNT OF GOLD!

Second, leveling up makes it harder and harder to fight in the BOSS event..

Third, Ive noticed that the more rank and level we gain, the lesser we gain battlepoints in PvPs!
Take for example those rank-colonel players that Ive hit that were giving me 250+ BPs (I was colonel at that time as well) but when I reached rank-general and gained one more level, the very same rank-colonel players that Ive attacked just a day ago are now just giving me some 160+ to 190+ BPs.

and Fourth, PvP valor bonuses are disappearing one by one as you continue to level up! And by the time I reached level 201 and beyond, all PvP valor bonuses disappeared completely.

Gree, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE make some adjustments to your "level up" scheme, you are forcing us to stagnate and preventing us not to make any more progress.

It seems to me that the only way forward for High-Level players is to spend more and more real $ just to buy more gold units and participate in expensive events.

Edited: ENEMY UNKNOWN LTQ > VERY DISAPPOINTING GREE
WE GET FAR LESS VALOR NOW!
Again Gree, you are forcing Valor Players like me to level-up just to gain much needed valor.
To level-up which means to be in a far less advantageous situation!

PIRATE JUSTICE
05-07-2013, 08:08 PM
Duh, yeah.

Why do you think Gree used that airplane trinket to ENTICE players to reach level 250?

Zandeko
05-07-2013, 08:17 PM
Wait, so you want a strategical benefit beyond a 1 unit reward?

More strategy... in modern war?.... Who would want that?

TYR_Rune
05-07-2013, 08:19 PM
Duh, yeah.

Why do you think Gree used that airplane trinket to ENTICE players to reach level 250?

And why dont you try to read first my entire post? Try to consider what I said in my 4 complains...

MiG-250 is BS... sooner or later it'll get obsolete.. further, I said it was BS cuz it was an unfair event.. unfair for LLPs.

Im sorry but I have a wider range of concerns than just a mere event staged in an unfair manner.

Jhenry02
05-07-2013, 08:39 PM
Omg Logic!
This has no place in a modern war forum! Be gone vile one!!!

Jhenry02
05-07-2013, 08:49 PM
I'm sorry rune. It's just been soooo long since I've seen a meaningful post that didn't come from Devin.

I agree, as I near 200 the game becomes harder and harder. Bosses have more health, crate cash opens cost more, all the things you say. The only way to gain any units worth it are in WD or LtQ. So I get to play this game for fun 6-8 days a month.
Awesome.

-J

Perilous
05-07-2013, 08:59 PM
Here here...

BADMARKX
05-07-2013, 09:14 PM
I've been playing this game all wrong!

PIRATE JUSTICE
05-07-2013, 09:41 PM
And why dont you try to read first my entire post? Try to consider what I said in my 4 complains...MiG-250 is BS... sooner or later it'll get obsolete.. further, I said it was BS cuz it was an unfair event.. unfair for LLPs.Im sorry but I have a wider range of concerns than just a mere event staged in an unfair manner.I read the entire post. Bottom line, Gree doesn't care if players aren't paying real money for illusions. Think "gentlemen's club", "exotic dancer", "illusions", and "cash"; but there ain't never no sex in the "boom boom room".

solo.modernwar
05-07-2013, 10:07 PM
I'm sure this will be lost on the vast majority of folks here, but anyone out there remember the 1976 Michael York movie named "Logan's Run"?

Level 250 in Modern War is the equivalent of age 30 in "Logan's Run"... There's an end-game to all of this, unless you have some incredible stats - then you, too, can become a "runner."

Viperpv
05-07-2013, 10:15 PM
Agree have found myself wondering if should take part in events ive got good stats for my level so get really good WD, and the game is all about wars now, if getting more xp = doing worse in wars than why bother save gold you'd spend on LTQ for war and get the same result.

rutty
05-08-2013, 01:37 AM
The reduced points from attacking lower ranked/level players is perfectly normal and expected "rewards" that tries to ensure balance in the game. It's the same in World of Warcraft - lower rewards from attacking lower level players (IIRC - been a while). It's just a way of trying to make similar-ranked players more attractive to attack.

I would tend to agree that leveling up isn't actually much of advantage in this game - the tiers for the bosses are a joke - and the higher-ranked players do need to be rewarded better. I would also say that it's too easy to level up if you're willing to pay for the privilege - Gree have messed up the game balance in order to fill their coffers.

Still, I don't think you should be especially surprised to see diminishing returns from LLP if you level up

Bobar
05-08-2013, 01:47 AM
totally agree. i stopped doing the normal map-missions. it´s not worth to get xp and level up.

Vincent_
05-08-2013, 03:33 AM
You seem to think this is an accident... Look at it this way. Your character doesn't level up, your stakes do. And after investing all that time and emotion, likely enough so does your willingness to pay.

@PJ, we don't know each other, but ya made me think. Thnx!

HunterKiller
05-08-2013, 03:46 AM
Back when some of us first started in this game, all there was to do was missions and PvP, and we thought that was cool, and that it was good to level up.
Now we have factions and WD and we all wish we had just camped and not done PvP and missions at the start, because there is really no point in either activity now that the free units we get from LTQ and other events totally eclipse our little cash and valour units.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Air Force Vet
05-08-2013, 03:47 AM
Hey guys and gals, be lucky to even play this game in the first place. There are plenty of other useful things to do. But I know we are all hooked and committed to playing this "game". Have fun everyone.

mistergreen
05-08-2013, 05:59 AM
high level players tend to gain fewer WDpoints if we hit the LLPs

As it should be. Does this really require explanation? Why do people not understand this?

TYR_Rune
05-08-2013, 06:59 AM
As it should be. Does this really require explanation? Why do people not understand this?

And why do some people fail to understand that both HLPs and LLPs spend the same amount of gold but earn a huge difference in score, REGARDLESS OF STATS, a score that favors only the LLPs?

TYR_Rune
05-08-2013, 07:06 AM

Someday, somehow, youll become a high level player too.. and Im pretty sure that someday, somehow, youll understand what Im trying to say now..:)

Thump3r
05-08-2013, 07:08 AM
There should be the same amount of WD points given out to people no matter what the level you are. We all pay the same for a med pack. It would make it fair for everyone. Thats all I can say.

rutty
05-08-2013, 07:21 AM
There should be the same amount of WD points given out to people no matter what the level you are. We all pay the same for a med pack. It would make it fair for everyone. Thats all I can say.

No. Gree need to ensure that HLP don't spend all day bottom feeding from weaker players, otherwise they'll just give up. It's about balance, and while I'm sympathetic to the fact that Gree haven't balanced this game (or the others) very well at all it's something that is very common in other games too.

It's true that the higher levels should have more to look forward to (it was Purples in my days in WoW - no idea what there is now) and that the boss event is upside down. Reduced returns from bottom feeding is right and proper. Suck it up? ;)

S2k
05-08-2013, 07:45 AM
For me I think GREE may lose money with this setup.. I am nearing lvl 150 where boss events become much harder and also less pts in war.. I will see the others around me at lower lvl's getting bigger and bigger prizes that i am no longer able to compete for without using a tonne of gold..

I know I won't do the gold which means I become more and more uncompetitive leading to frustration and then stop playing.. Simples..

TYR_Rune
05-08-2013, 08:03 AM
No. Gree need to ensure that HLP don't spend all day bottom feeding from weaker players,.............

LLPs arent necessarily weaker players.. some, if not most LLPs, specially those that belong to a faction are even far stronger than regular HLPs...

Further, factions with a clear objective in WD and specially those high-calibre factions DONT ACCEPT a weak LLP.
Most weak LLPs are either in a camper faction or belong to no faction at all..

And I see no problem at all with stronger players feeding on "weaker players", thats just the name of the game..
I think ALL OF US always attack a weak target to ensure successive wins..

ProCision
05-08-2013, 08:12 AM
Someone said that this game all about wars now. The game is no longer about wars at all. The game is all about LTQ's. Look at what kind of stats you can pull off of a LTQ vs getting top 10 in a WD event. If I were to spend any money in this game it would be on LTQ's. The wars are for fun, no money needed to play and still get a crummy unit. If We all played the wars for free it would be better and a real competition. Not a competition on who can spend the most.

kygiacomo
05-08-2013, 08:14 AM
And why do some people fail to understand that both HLPs and LLPs spend the same amount of gold but earn a huge difference in score, REGARDLESS OF STATS, a score that favors only the LLPs? i agree man this lvl up plot is BS the low level players get more points and HLP get sh it..they gave back 178 gold for med pack to a buddy..i dont understand how they could even calulate that into useing 25 for health refill..the game is getting more effed up as we go along..and gree is getting paid well so they dont care...

rutty
05-08-2013, 08:33 AM
And I see no problem at all with stronger players feeding on "weaker players", thats just the name of the game..
I think ALL OF US always attack a weak target to ensure successive wins..

Yes. Choose an easy target, earn less but you have to do it more. Choose a harder target, earn more but chance of unit losses. Seems fair to me. I always attack players with less than half my stats to avoid unit losses and accept that it takes a loooong time to gain significant reward.

I'm not unsympathetic to stronger players' plight (I'm strictly middle-ranked myself) but this game isn't all about you. Gree are right to try and balance it out, even if they are doing a horrible job of it most of the time

TYR_Rune
05-10-2013, 11:26 AM
This deserves a bump until Gree take notice of this..>.<

Roscoe782
05-10-2013, 12:28 PM
Someone said that this game all about wars now. The game is no longer about wars at all. The game is all about LTQ's. Look at what kind of stats you can pull off of a LTQ vs getting top 10 in a WD event. If I were to spend any money in this game it would be on LTQ's. The wars are for fun, no money needed to play and still get a crummy unit. If We all played the wars for free it would be better and a real competition. Not a competition on who can spend the most.

Bump:)
I also totally agree with this. I can still get awesome stats just doing LTEs/boss/crate with limited gold spending, much less than I would normally do during a WDP event. Do I get the ultimate prestige vehicle? No. Do I get the normal one? Usually. All it is numbers and indestrucibles. I can make a vault of gold last a whole month and have fun instead of using a whole vault in 1-2 days of a WDP event and feel terrible. So, this change from focus on WDP to LTE has actually helped me spend less money. I don't think I am the model of what Gree has intended though. I think Gree figures everyone will spend crazy to get the prestige vehicle/beat the last boss/get the last crate, etc, in addition to WDP events, which they may, but I hope its not as many as they figure. I hope more people have realized this...

In addition, looking at the loot for Columbia, do you really need to spend a lot in that event for the bonuses those units offer? Sure don't need the WDP event for stats anymore...

TYR_Rune
05-13-2013, 06:03 PM
Hey Gree, like I said, Ill keep bumping this until you take notice of this thread..

And by the way, once again, you have gotta be kidding me with the current Cartel Bag event LMAO!!!!!!... it looks to me that those would-be top-50 winners and the top-1 winner have not much advantageous use for their prizes..

The top-50 prize is Arc Gloria 4320/4745 with a bonus of 5% Casualty Reduction... then there is the top-1 prize which is the DEA Operative 11963/9996 with a bonus of 30% More Valor from Battles......

These bonuses arent needed by the winners since all of them are Gold Players with massive gold units in their inventory! This event is a joke!

TYR_Rune
05-18-2013, 06:38 AM
Gree address our problems now! Can someone from the mods tell us what action you are doing to fix all these issues?

Arj
05-18-2013, 07:20 AM
Leveling has always been a disadvantage in some ways from the start of the game. Players use to fear going about leveling above a 100 and entering a whale zone. But I think Gree messed it all up when they practically didn't add all the positives of leveling you received up to around level 100. Certain buildings use to require to level, certain maps required leveling, you would also receive more valor from pvp missions. Leveling use to be a thing you would need to do but gradually and not to fast.
Now there is no reason to really level above a 100, and you best to just sit in that range IMO. Of course all these mini events force you to level so people will still keep leveling. You may not find those negatives you listed as bad if there was non limited buildings only accessible after level 200, either cash or further units, or maybe better mission maps only opened after 200.

Brahmin
05-18-2013, 09:46 AM
These bonuses arent needed by the winners since all of them are Gold Players with massive gold units in their inventory! This event is a joke!

I was thinking the same thing

alexmodernwar
05-18-2013, 01:06 PM
Here is what i think gree should do for higher level players in order for them to score better in wd points as high level players are now a liability as they give of points, etc
Make it so that a player that reaches a certain level gets more hits to go in to battle with \
so at the moment we all get 4 hits on the regen
say thats ok to level 100
then level 150 its 5 hits
200 6 hits
225 7 hits
250 8 hits

Brahmin
05-18-2013, 04:58 PM
It makes sense that llp's give fewer points than hlp's since hlp's have had many more opportunity's to build up units through events. There's no way that should change.

kelvinng
05-18-2013, 05:30 PM
how about for every 10 lvl user get 1 % overall attk, lvl 250 get 25% improvement. Hope it will entice people to lvl

TYR_Rune
05-22-2013, 06:33 PM
how about for every 10 lvl user get 1 % overall attk, lvl 250 get 25% improvement. Hope it will entice people to lvl

Here is what i think gree should do for higher level players in order for them to score better in wd points as high level players are now a liability as they give of points, etc
Make it so that a player that reaches a certain level gets more hits to go in to battle with \
200 6 hits
225 7 hits
250 8 hits

Gree, looks like we have a few brilliant suggestions here.. could you at least consider these? PLEASE???

Btw, I would like our fellow forum players to continue making suggestions to further improve this game.

Yankster
05-22-2013, 06:41 PM
Agreed. There isn't any been fit for the anxious players to use energy and anxiously get to level 250 nor the long dedicated ones. As newbies can enter and obtain the same units and hold the same stats there isn't any "logical" way for a high level player to get points in WD events or boss events. So what way could a high level player get scores the same as a low level player? I don't think that was taken into consideration. Unless you get your account reset...

Paisthecoolest
05-22-2013, 06:46 PM
200 6 hits
225 7 hits
250 8 hits

That is a great idea.

Colonel Jessup
05-22-2013, 07:43 PM
Good post, I agree

TYR_Rune
05-27-2013, 10:46 AM
Ill keep bumping this until I get results!!! Grrrrrrrree!

jchow69
05-27-2013, 11:32 AM
I agree, leveling up is more like leveling down. The only good part of leveling up is getting the skill points.

TYR_Rune
05-28-2013, 06:46 AM
Hey Grrrrrree! Here I am again! Whining and still DISAPPOINTED!

jerky62
05-28-2013, 08:51 AM
This aggression will not stand, man....

lemonhaze
05-28-2013, 09:08 AM
Gree, looks like we have a few brilliant suggestions here.. could you at least consider these? PLEASE???

Btw, I would like our fellow forum players to continue making suggestions to further improve this game.

great tread bro but i doubt they will address our concerns..they seem to care less and less about the people that pay for their BMWS to drive around..only a matter of time b4 they fail but its just like a ponzi shceme they will done be rich and wont care and pass the key to someone else to fix what they destroyed

Chairman Han
05-28-2013, 10:37 AM
One should see this problem with just a few days of playing this game. That's why there are so many campers. At least the LTQs are making everyone leveling up now.

Slick50
05-28-2013, 11:39 AM
I am tired of only taking 2,000 units to battle which happened at level 100. The +5 allies per level should continue which means at level 250, with 1,250 allies, we should be able to bring 5,000 units to battle. This is enough incentive to make me level up.

TYR_Rune
05-28-2013, 08:18 PM
Bump! Bump!

SHANESTER
05-28-2013, 10:51 PM
There is definitely a problem with the leveling up portion of this game. it discourages game play which doesn't make sense (especially from Gree’s perspective). And with only one account, it can make this game very boring at times.
I do however agree with the pvp reward system Gree has set up. It adds a necessary balance and good strategy to the game.
Where i think they have failed is with the awarded experience points. Experience affects primarily your pvp play. Why award so much experience during pve play? That doesn't make sense to me. After all it's actual player versus environment experience not player versus player experience, right?
Gree needs to eliminate the experience gain from pve play to properly balance the game. Maybe keep the awarded exp points from completing an entire map or an ltq objective but not from each activity on the map.
If the pve activities didn't award experience they would be an excellent side line activity to have fun and help build your player a little between pvp activities that wouldn't significantly effect your experience level.
The experience gained from pve play in this game is the majority of the bad balance. Gree needs to chill out with all the awarded experience points.
Just say no to experience awards! Spread the word

TYR_Rune
05-29-2013, 06:06 PM
There is definitely a problem with the leveling up portion of this game. it discourages game play which doesn't make sense (especially from Gree’s perspective). And with only one account, it can make this game very boring at times.
I do however agree with the pvp reward system Gree has set up. It adds a necessary balance and good strategy to the game.
Where i think they have failed is with the awarded experience points. Experience affects primarily your pvp play. Why award so much experience during pve play? That doesn't make sense to me. After all it's actual player versus environment experience not player versus player experience, right?
Gree needs to eliminate the experience gain from pve play to properly balance the game. Maybe keep the awarded exp points from completing an entire map or an ltq objective but not from each activity on the map.
If the pve activities didn't award experience they would be an excellent side line activity to have fun and help build your player a little between pvp activities that wouldn't significantly effect your experience level.
The experience gained from pve play in this game is the majority of the bad balance. Gree needs to chill out with all the awarded experience points.
Just say no to experience awards! Spread the word

The XP award is great, it isnt the problem, and its the only way to level up..
And besides, it cannot be removed from the PVP rewards, since its already too late for high-level players specially those who already maxed lvl 250..

The problem is the penalties slapped to us when we do level up.. Penalties and disadvantages that force us to spend more gold in World Domination events, in Boss events, etc..

Further, All money units in the store are terribly low on stats and very expensive, and once we reached level 201 our source of valor begins to dwinddle (they even drastically minimized the valor prizes in our current LTQ)

From GREE's point of view, we are expected to become heavy gold players once we become high-level players.. Its the only way forward just to keep our high-level accounts competitive..

Campy McCamperpants
05-29-2013, 07:49 PM
what he said

SHANESTER
05-29-2013, 08:05 PM
The XP award is great, it isnt the problem, and its the only way to level up..
And besides, it cannot be removed from the PVP rewards, since its already too late for high-level players specially those who already maxed lvl 250..

The problem is the penalties slapped to us when we do level up.. Penalties and disadvantages that force us to spend more gold in World Domination events, in Boss events, etc..

Further, All money units in the store are terribly low on stats and very expensive, and once we reached level 201 our source of valor begins to dwinddle (they even drastically minimized the valor prizes in our current LTQ)

From GREE's point of view, we are expected to become heavy gold players once we become high-level players.. Its the only way forward just to keep our high-level accounts competitive..

I didn't mean all XP awards. they are obviously needed for the levels. i was specifically talking about XP awarded for each pve action. They were too high with the casualty rate, people complained enough, they agreed and reduced it. they can do the same with the XP awards for the pve actions and they need to. If a player had any interest in pvp play and the WD event they would be stupid to complete map levels and pve goals. So whats the point of having them? they are a good idea, they just screwed up the overall dynamics of the XP award system. It should be a challenge to level up. the way they give out XP, its more of a challenge to not level up. by reducing all the XP awarded they can correct it and they need to.

Booje
05-29-2013, 11:28 PM
A lot of good points here. Too bad gree won't listen to any of them

generalofBB
07-22-2013, 01:39 PM
Im jumping on the band wagon to!!! I just completed colonel rank and am now a general and very disappointed to say the least for all the reasons posted in this forum. Where does anyone work their butt off for a promotion that will pay them less???? I understand about not being able to pick on weaker players but that is where stats should come into play and not levels! I have a member of my faction who is 65 levels below me and when joining he had lower stats than i and now he is higher than me. Why? Partially because he can get to boss #45 without gold where i can only get to #25. He receives better units because he can complete the higher bosses. If we were enemies why shouldnt i be able to attack him? And be able to get more pts from him? Im all for not being able to pick on the weak but levels should not determine strength AND promotions should be rewarded not penalized!!!!! I have been playing mw for quite a while now and i seem to keep finding more and more empty bases or players just not doing anything. I guess all games must end. I may be the next empty base... Take note gree...

KFH
07-22-2013, 01:43 PM
Completely agree, but at this point i feel like i have to keep doing the missions to keep up with people coming up on my level. either way it's a pain, i hope they make a new bracket soon

Prvt. Parts
07-22-2013, 01:49 PM
Posted this in a similar thread:

Really the only way to be at an advantage is to have a low-level account where you buy LOTS of gold units.

I think we can mostly agree that cash units are pretty much worthless now, so being a camper with high IPH and low stats is not going to do much for you. You have to be a camper with high stats...but the strong units are all won through actions that level you up (LTQ, boss events, crate events, PvP tournaments).

The only way you get strong without leveling up is by buying gold units, and these are THE most expensive way to add to your stats. Gree knows this. It doesn't matter if high-level players stop spending as much when they get low WD points - all of these players are starting over with new llp accounts and buying lots of gold units.

G mack
07-22-2013, 01:59 PM
wd points should be similar to fvf points used in the rank system. based mostly on stats not level. the wd events are unbalanced towards campers.

John Snow
07-22-2013, 02:11 PM
I'm amused that this is actually a question. If you've invested enough time to get to level 200 or 250 or to general rank, you are addicted to this game. Like any addict, after awhile you need slightly larger doses to get the same high. So Gree makes you spend just a little more gold to get the same number of CPs, beat the same number of bosses, etc.

Arizona
07-22-2013, 02:37 PM
**Yeah, what John Snow say!

Stop whining and open your veins and take it like you always have.

It sounds crude but that's what it comes downs to...

...or go out and smell the fresh air; gaze at the random beauty of clouds, wonder at nature in all it's forms or click buy another vault!

Ugggh!

generalofBB
07-22-2013, 05:31 PM
@john snow i dont not get the analogy of being addicted? Wanting to be rewarded for an accomplishment has nothing to do with being addicted... Playing the game to the point where it affects your life adversly is addicted but that has nothing to do with what is trying to be accomplished here... Some of us think the game needs to be changed. If you do not then that is ok but to liken people who play the game and would like to see some changes to addicts is rather judgemental and ignorant @Arizona Youre not being crude just unintelligent... Because someone gets to level 200 or general rank does not mean they are addicited by any means... I can assure you i spend more time outdoors than most and know alot more about nature as well. I do however play modern war when i have a few minutes here and there day to day. This thread is not about whining it is about making gree aware of an issue that can and should be addressed. The very fact that serious players make a new account to start over and do things differently only reinforces that there is an issue that needs to be addressed. This game has the ability to be made better and in my opinion that is what this thread is about.