PDA

View Full Version : To Camp or Not to Camp...

mgriss
05-07-2013, 02:17 PM
Ok... so I've already decided not to spend any more gold (not that I ever spent that much...) until things are fixed for us Android players. They question I have is... which (if any) events should I participate in?

I am lvl 107 with 150/160k a/d (AFTER the update where I'm closer, but slightly below accurate stats)
615k IPH, 1600 max energy and 35 stamina.

Obviously I should keep doing the LE building upgrade events and Bosses too... the stats per XP ratio is high on those.

But what about LTQs? I know the XP gained is outrageous but so are the prizes... with constant prepping and the 8+ hours it takes for me to fully regen energy, I did the last one to LvL 43 on Prestige mode completely for free. Is that far enough to be worth it? What stats gains per level should I be looking for at my strength and level?

So I guess my REAL question is... with the inflated prize unit stats, will light gold spenders who spend selectively on high-reward events (like I have done) level up behind me with higher stats and pound me? I have the feeling that if I keep earning big XP by prepping then not completing prestige mode in the LTQs I'm just gonna level into deeper and deeper water with bigger and bigger sharks... are the people coming up behind me also going to eventually beat me too?

What do you guys think? To camp or not to camp?

Thief
05-07-2013, 02:34 PM
The Answer depends on where you have fun?

However i will tell you what i would do:

#1 Participate in WD events. The prizes are great for the XP because the prizes are not only great units but also Modifiers that will stay with you for the duration of the game

#2 Boss events (as you stated it doesn't get any better for Stat/XP ratio

#3 LE buildings (If your going to increase your IPH you might as well get great units)

As for the LTQ they are XP traps. On the most recent one i think you gained as much XP on 1-36 and you did for 37-40. So perhaps you play them selectively? They are great for buliding an indestructible army but how many troops are you loosing to begin with? You will never be the top dog...but the further you go the lower on the totem poll you become. So yes there will be people who can come up behind you and beat you...but they will most likely keep going past you after a week or two.

Another thing to remember is unit inflation. Stats keep going up.

HunterKiller
05-07-2013, 03:16 PM
I think you need to keep doing all the events or you will be left behind, your stats are already more than decent for your level so I wouldn't worry too much about levelling up.
I am a lvl 149 free player with 110/120k stats in a top 75 faction and I feel more than competitive enough, still tons of people to beat so I don't think you will suffer much.

jchow69
05-07-2013, 03:55 PM
The units that you get for the LTQs are pretty good compared to the stamina you gain. I already leveled up 2/3 of way and I am on level 92 waiting to level up when reaching some mission and then get more energy to do more LTQs.:D

Munson
05-07-2013, 04:29 PM
Ok... so I've already decided not to spend any more gold (not that I ever spent that much...) until things are fixed for us Android players. They question I have is... which (if any) events should I participate in?

I am lvl 107 with 150/160k a/d (AFTER the update where I'm closer, but slightly below accurate stats)
615k IPH, 1600 max energy and 35 stamina.

Obviously I should keep doing the LE building upgrade events and Bosses too... the stats per XP ratio is high on those.

But what about LTQs? I know the XP gained is outrageous but so are the prizes... with constant prepping and the 8+ hours it takes for me to fully regen energy, I did the last one to LvL 43 on Prestige mode completely for free. Is that far enough to be worth it? What stats gains per level should I be looking for at my strength and level?

So I guess my REAL question is... with the inflated prize unit stats, will light gold spenders who spend selectively on high-reward events (like I have done) level up behind me with higher stats and pound me? I have the feeling that if I keep earning big XP by prepping then not completing prestige mode in the LTQs I'm just gonna level into deeper and deeper water with bigger and bigger sharks... are the people coming up behind me also going to eventually beat me too?

What do you guys think? To camp or not to camp?

I totally agree with you not spending gold. The amount it costs to play this game is getting out of hand, especially during the WD events.

If you have left over gold from past bonuses continue to spend it on LTQ's or bosses. This is the best and most effective way to ration your gold and increase your stats.