PDA

View Full Version : Gree, How about a Non-Gold Event???

Brian G
05-07-2013, 08:24 AM
If we really want to see who the top syndicates are then have one of the events each month be non-gold meaning there is no gold spending option to recoup health, etc. I think we would see a drastic change in top 10 for sure. These events should be more about group participation instead of who has the most money to spend. Or at the very least put a gold cap on what could be spent. Lets say 100 gold max for the battle event. My first post so don't crush me please. LOL

Band of Brothers

-BoB- Brian G

Mikecore
05-07-2013, 08:27 AM
Do u still have a player called Z _ _ _ y as your defensive leader?

As for your idea, it is a good one but it wont happen!

MediumRawr
05-07-2013, 08:31 AM
I agree, but it will NEVER EVER happen, do you honestly think (I know you're being hypothetical) but do you think Gree would pass on ANY opportunity to make money?

They aren't in this for the fun of it..... its the money that drives it.

~MR

Brian G
05-07-2013, 08:46 AM
No that player is no longer in our group. We've kicked all suspected hackers from the group well before the last event. We have a no hacker policy like many of the other syndicates have gone to.
I know Gree is in it to make money but now that they are having like 3 major battles a month unlike before it would lend to the possibility. Do I really think they'd do it No but if enough people want it then maybe they'd do it although highly unlikely.

Band of Brothers

-BoB- Brian G

Mikecore
05-07-2013, 08:48 AM
No that player is no longer in our group. We've kicked all suspected hackers from the group well before the last event. We have a no hacker policy like many of the other syndicates have gone to.
I know Gree is in it to make money but now that they are having like 3 major battles a month unlike before it would lend to the possibility. Do I really think they'd do it No but if enough people want it then maybe they'd do it although highly unlikely.

Band of Brothers

-BoB- Brian G

That's a nice fairplay Brian! Thanks!

Mistress Nikita
05-07-2013, 08:52 AM
Gree used to have events that free player teams could compete it. They were called PvP Tournaments. But, once they discovered they couldn't make money on them, they were replaced by an extra crate event.

It isn't going to happen, but I wish it would.

Swedevil
05-07-2013, 09:15 AM
I don't think the rankings would change to much. Maybe a little, but you have to consider that the same spenders would just use the money to bulk up more stats prior to the war. Plus, in this game, the strong get stronger. If you are getting top 10 every time, you'll continue pushing away from the top 100 because you're continuously getting stronger then they are.

Jazza
05-07-2013, 09:17 AM
Wishfull thinking, be great if they did one tho i gota admit but it will never happen.

Brian G
05-07-2013, 10:28 AM
I think it's very possible to have a quite different top 10-50 because group participation would reign king. If it were completely non-gold then each player would only get 8 hits (4 at begining and 4 at end of battle) per battle. So, syndicates with the most active players would, for the most part, score the most points (large assumption being median score per hit being 325). The top 3 or 4 syndicates maybe entirely made up of active players but I would think most syndicates have some dead weight.

crash&burn
05-07-2013, 10:49 AM
i agree wishful thinking...would be a cool change of pace.
I think it's very possible to have a quite different top 10-50 because group participation would reign king. If it were completely non-gold then each player would only get 8 hits (4 at begining and 4 at end of battle) per battle. So, syndicates with the most active players would, for the most part, score the most points (large assumption being median score per hit being 325). The top 3 or 4 syndicates maybe entirely made up of active players but I would think most syndicates have some dead weight.

sister morphine
05-07-2013, 10:59 AM
I'd love to see such an idea so participation becomes more important than just dumping $$. There would need to be changes to the scoring system so syndicates mostly consisting of high level players aren't penalised for being high level. Sadly, like everybody says it won't happen unless there's a player revolt against how things are...... and we know that won't happen because of silly factional interests getting in the way.

MediumRawr
05-07-2013, 11:16 AM
I'd love to see such an idea so participation becomes more important than just dumping $$. There would need to be changes to the scoring system so syndicates mostly consisting of high level players aren't penalised for being high level. Sadly, like everybody says it won't happen unless there's a player revolt against how things are...... and we know that won't happen because of silly factional interests getting in the way.

Very well Spoken (typed)

Joaquim Returns
05-07-2013, 11:40 AM
GREE is never ever gonna do this.

Zedsta
05-07-2013, 12:45 PM
I don't think it will change top ten. As they have higher levels. Weapons and stats. But for the rest of us it would be good as yes it would be down to participate

Zedsta
05-07-2013, 12:49 PM

Am I missing sumthing. I can only get 6 hits in. 4 n then 2. How do u get 4 at end...

Swedevil
05-07-2013, 03:01 PM
Am I missing sumthing. I can only get 6 hits in. 4 n then 2. How do u get 4 at end...

I was going to ask the same thing.

On another note, you have to think that these larger syndicates like the ones in top 25 have a lot of bonuses opened up, including the expansion of members. So this would aid them...

teo
05-07-2013, 03:28 PM
Gree doesn't have to be the one to create the event. We could do something on our own. Just work within the existing syn war.

Say for example that those interested in participating agree that the first X minutes of a war is no gold. We record the result and the gold battle can ensue so no gold spending syn loses out on getting their ranking in the 'real' war. Yes yes, loads of work compiling the score, I know. Easy to cheat with using gold, I know.

I actually thought about posting a challenge so it is interesting that this poll was posted.

Anyone interested in facing off with NGF without gold? You pick how long the battle would last and you can have your way with gold once that time is up. It would be for sportsmanship only; wouldn't hurt your ranking. I know we don't get to pick our opponents but we meet several higher level teams (we are 126) so if enough are interested and it is agreed upon before war starts I am sure we would end up with at least some matchups.

Could be fun. Any takers?

Brian G
05-08-2013, 10:23 AM
I apologize. I was wrong about the 8 total hits. It is only 6 hits total per battle without using gold.

Zedsta
05-08-2013, 11:02 AM
Lol. I see. Keeping ya secrets to ya self ay.....
tut tut....