PDA

View Full Version : Rad's Guide to Beating the Epic Boss

RadLonghammer
05-06-2013, 01:53 PM
Since the Arena offers very little in the way of rewards, and the Epic Boss offers a comparative ton, I thought I'd share some tips on getting the most out of fighting the weekly Epic Boss. For the purpose of this discussion, I'm going to assume that we're trying to do so without spending our gems on Epic Energy.

Armors

The Nemesis armor is, obviously, one of the most important assets a knight can have in battling the boss. My strategy is to go to the Dark Prince's Chests as soon as the new boss appears on Wednesday Evening (7:00 PM, U.S. Central Time), and spend the gems I've collected over the past week until I'm lucky enough to draw the Nemesis Armor. I think you'll find that most experienced players here do quite the same. If I happen to draw the Nemesis, I quit opening chests, and save those gems for the following week. If I'm unlucky enough to run out of gems WITHOUT getting the Nemesis, I make do with what I have.

Certain Non-Nemesis armors can be quite strong against the Bosses. A mid-level player should be somewhere in the process of crafting/maxing the "Big Four" L50 Armors (Crius+, Atlantean+, Hydra+, and Living Flame+.) A high level L50 or L70 that has elemental advantage can to quite a bit of damage to the Epic Boss. This week's boss is of the Spirit element. Since we know that Fire is strong against Spirit, the Hydra+ and Living Flame+ are both strong against it. A L70 (3 or 4 star) armor with fire as an element would be even stronger, provided that it is leveled highly enough, and doesn't also contain the Earth element, against which Spirit gains an advantage.

Use this method to choose armors when you miss out on Nemesis, and use them to equip your (non commander) supplemental knights against the Boss.

Friends in High Places

You can't hope to really do maximum work against the Boss without gaining, and utilizing friends, specifically ones of a higher level than you that have strong (including, but not limited to Nemesis) armors.

Many of us on this forum are more than willing to offer our friendship to newer players who need the help. Most of us, however, would prefer that you send us a Private Message with your add code rather than spamming requests across every discussion thread. It's good forum etiquette, and when you're level 80+, and getting more friend requests from random strangers than you can keep up with, you'll appreciate the same consideration.

Don't Chug Your Energy Drink. Sip it.

Epic Energy, required to fight the boss, is VERY slow to regenerate. You gain one EE each half hour, for a maximum of 10. That means when you're out, it takes five full hours before you're full again. It's critical to use this energy wisely.

Try, in all cases, to use just as much energy to dispatch the boss as possible, and no more. You have the ability to use up to 5 knights (including friends) at once. The first costs 3 Epic Energy, the second costs 2 EE, and the third, fourth, and fifth cost 1 EE each. Therefore: 1 Knight costs 3 EE, 2 costs 5 EE, 3 costs 6 EE, 4 costs 7 EE, and 5 costs 8 EE.

Use as few knights as it takes to kill the boss, and SAVE the rest of that energy for your next battle. If you've chosen the armor for your main knight wisely, you should be able to kill the boss with only the main knight in your lineup for the first few levels. Add in the bonus Epic Energy that the boss drops, and the EE rewarded for some of the early milestones, and you'll see how we 80+ Level players bang out 15 or more kills in the first night!

***Don't take this TOO far, though. If you're not comfortable that 2 knights will be enough, go ahead and add the third for 1 more EE. If you fail to kill the boss with 2, and have to send your main knight back in against him to finish him off, you will have spent 3 instead of just 1 EE.***

Another Tip: Sometimes adding a knight is not as good a play as replacing a knight with a better knight. For example, suppose you were using your main knight in Nemesis and another knight in elementally suited armor for 5 EE, and that you just barelykilled the boss and are concerned that you won't quite do it against the next level boss. Rather than adding a 3rd knight for an additional 1EE, you can dismiss the weakest of your two knights, and replace him with a high level friend with Nemesis, getting more power for the same 5 EE.

Strength in Numbers

Each knight you add not only adds his own power, but gives a stat bonus to all knights in the group. One knight fights with his base armor stats. 2 gives +25%, 3 gives +50%, 4 gives +75%, and a 5 knight team gets +100%.

Keep this in mind when you've added a third knight, suddenly it only takes two knights to drop the boss. You might be tempted to ease back to two, but remember that the presence of the third is exactly what strengthened the first two.

Buying Insurance

The boss progresses in stats and hit points as you progress through the Boss Levels, but the progression is not linear! At the end of each Reward Tier (or milestone) the Boss makes a substantial jump in power. Subsequently, when beginning the next tier, he backs down a little. Nowhere is this more evident/pronounced than from L14 to L15. I make it a habit to "buy insurance" and add one more knight when I'm up against those milestones (Levels 15, 21, 28, 35, 43, 51, and 60). I'm often able to back it back down when beginning the next tier.

Batting Order

As you've certainly noticed, the "special attack bar" charges as you deal and receive blows. For this reason, it's often a good idea to stagger your non-nemesis knights ahead of, and between your Nemesis (or highest powered) knights. This way, your weaker knight has charged the special attack bar allowing your Nemesis knights to start off with a special attack, and get more of them than they other wise would. This becomes especially important at the higher levels. If the boss is taking 100+ hit points off of you with every hit, even a level 90 knight only gets 5 or 6 hits. Making 2 of those special attacks, rather than only one, makes a HUGE difference!

For example, if you're using 4 knights (for 7 EE), you might place them as such: 1) Non Nemesis Knight 2) Main knight in Nemesis, 3) Non Nemesis Knight, 4) Friend with Nemesis.

When Eight isn't Enough

Eventually you'll run into a point where 3 of your knights plus 2 friends (spending a total of 8 Epic Energy) still doesn't drop the boss. Keep in mind that you have a two hour window from the time the boss appears to kill him. You can go back and pound him some more as long as you have the energy to do so.

When you reach this point, there are two timing issues you need to keep in mind.

1) Always start with 10 Energy. If your 5 knight (8 EE) team doesn't kill the boss, the two EE you have left wont allow you to send a knight (or two) back in. But, if you wait 30 minutes, your EE will charge up to 3, and your main knight is good to go. If the Boss only has a few hundred Hit Points left, this will be enough to finish him.

If you've left the boss with a couple thousand HP, then you might need 2 knights (maybe main knight plus a nemesis-wearing friend) to finish him off. In this case, you'll need to wait 90 minutes for your EE to charge up to 5. That brings up the next point...

2) Watch the Clock! If you think there's a chance that your 5 knight team might not get it done, you benefit yourself by having the ENTIRE two hour window to work with. If the Epic Boss is available to you, but only has 45 minutes left on the clock, you wont have time for your EE to recharge to 5 before he disappears, and you'll have to repeat the level with the boss at full stats (and if you think you know otherwise, please keep it to yourself).

Therefore, it might be better to let the 45 minutes expire, kill some minions to summon the boss, and fight the boss with a fresh two hour clock. This leaves your options open, and avoids wasting epic energy.

If you follow these tips, and keep choosing and leveling the right armors, you'll find yourself creaming that boss without having to spend your gems on Epic Energy in no time.

Hope this helps!

Raistmar
05-06-2013, 02:01 PM
+1

Nice read!

Barryboo
05-06-2013, 02:13 PM
great thread

hhm
05-06-2013, 02:14 PM
Nice man. Good reminder.

Harvey Guo
05-06-2013, 02:32 PM
Useful guide, many details included, a must read thread for people who wanna pass further stages.

Again, a nice start is really important. For our high level player, it may directly determine we can rush to the top 5 or not, for mid-range player, it will influence them have enough time to pass more stages or not. Thus be caution, read this thread carefully is really important.

Nice work:)

By the way for the energy, I found that boss may drop the energy randomly (but seems the first boss always drop the 5 energy). This boss, many people like me rush the damage board at the first time, but I found that the boss drop the energy frequently, that allowed me keep going on and pass 18 stages, temporary being the 1 on the damage board. Others seems ran out of energy in 11 to 15 stages.

I'm not sure is there any connection between using less knight can have more chance to gain energy from boss or not. But this time I only used 1 knight and keep killing the boss and keep gaining energy. If I used a nemesis as usual time, I may need to add a follower at lv15, and I may not gain more energy to keep going on. Thus need more times and samples to prove.

Alanna
05-06-2013, 05:09 PM
With these boss fights has anyone noticed an increase with extra drops (potions, energy, ect) when using a special attack at the end?

The Wise One
05-06-2013, 05:14 PM
This deserves a sticky!

Justice711
05-06-2013, 05:53 PM
Wonderful post! :) it truly does deserve to be sticky :) a lot of other advise given by hammer bro that does a sticky as well :) maybe we should consolidate them here!

Thanks wise one for making a decision to sticky this! Thanks hammer bro for the great job!

GCSpyder
05-06-2013, 06:59 PM
Well written and understood by all.. Loving it..

Quartermiler88
05-06-2013, 07:49 PM
Thanks for the post.. This helped a lot..

smee342
05-06-2013, 10:22 PM
Useful guide, many details included, a must read thread for people who wanna pass further stages.

Again, a nice start is really important. For our high level player, it may directly determine we can rush to the top 5 or not, for mid-range player, it will influence them have enough time to pass more stages or not. Thus be caution, read this thread carefully is really important.

Nice work:)

By the way for the energy, I found that boss may drop the energy randomly (but seems the first boss always drop the 5 energy). This boss, many people like me rush the damage board at the first time, but I found that the boss drop the energy frequently, that allowed me keep going on and pass 18 stages, temporary being the 1 on the damage board. Others seems ran out of energy in 11 to 15 stages.

I'm not sure is there any connection between using less knight can have more chance to gain energy from boss or not. But this time I only used 1 knight and keep killing the boss and keep gaining energy. If I used a nemesis as usual time, I may need to add a follower at lv15, and I may not gain more energy to keep going on. Thus need more times and samples to prove.

i will say, when the beginning of the week and its the first epic boss. if i just use 1 knight to kill it. i will always get more 5 EE, but if i use 2 ive its 50/50 of getting it. and if using 3 knights. i will never get extra EE. usually by the first day i can get to 12-14. i cant get lvl 15 tell the 2nd day. but then again im only level 42.

Harvey Guo
05-07-2013, 02:28 AM
i will say, when the beginning of the week and its the first epic boss. if i just use 1 knight to kill it. i will always get more 5 EE, but if i use 2 ive its 50/50 of getting it. and if using 3 knights. i will never get extra EE. usually by the first day i can get to 12-14. i cant get lvl 15 tell the 2nd day. but then again im only level 42.interesting, I will track the record at next boss:) cheers.

Slevinn
05-07-2013, 05:42 AM
Nice post Rad and gratz with the sticky achievement! Sadly for me nothing new in this one.
Good to read that other people are playing the game the same way.

Luthienwind
05-07-2013, 11:32 AM
Thanks for providing insights in Epic Boss.

cool-extreme
05-08-2013, 04:17 PM
This order can be used to save EE taked from another tread in the forum

main knight,
main knight + follower,
main knight + nemess ally,
main knight + 2 followers,
main + follower + nemesis ally,
main + 2 nemesis allies,
main + 2 followers + nemesis ally,
main + follower + 2 nemesis allies,
main + 2 followers + 2 nemesis allies,
main + 2 followers + 2 nemesis allies back left again only with the main knight or main + follower or ally

Lcharlie
05-08-2013, 08:44 PM
I have found no advantage in finishing boss with a charged attack. I have found the nemesis reducing in defense over the last couple of weeks making it. Little harder. Before this week have killed level 60 boss every time with just 8 energy but this past week, it was not enough because the nemesis had the lowest defense ever.

Mastagarwar
05-09-2013, 12:00 AM
Rad,

I have been playing this game for a couple weeks and am now level 62. There are many things from this post that I have learned from and appreciate you spending the time to write it for the new players like myself.

Biggest thing that helped me was that you could only use one knight at a time... I went the last four bosses using 6 energy every battle because I thought I had to. With that knowledge I have beat the Dragon Tortoise boss 13 times on the first night!

You rock! Thanks a lot!

Z

RadLonghammer
05-09-2013, 05:10 PM
Rad,

I have been playing this game for a couple weeks and am now level 62. There are many things from this post that I have learned from and appreciate you spending the time to write it for the new players like myself.

Biggest thing that helped me was that you could only use one knight at a time... I went the last four bosses using 6 energy every battle because I thought I had to. With that knowledge I have beat the Dragon Tortoise boss 13 times on the first night!

You rock! Thanks a lot!

Z

Thanks man! Makes the game more fun, doesn't it?

Thorusa
05-10-2013, 01:08 PM
Has anyone else seen the picture on Knighrs and Dragons facebook page of Rad' (awesome) guide? I was wondering what the armor is in the top left corner, with the hammer? never seen it before.

hhm
05-10-2013, 01:17 PM
Rad is awesome.

Sir William
05-10-2013, 08:47 PM
Rad,

For what it's worth, your insightfulness and desire to educate and help the newer players is inspiring. It's nice to see players "give back" and help others. M

Having said that, I am currently working on my own little 'guide to..' and I may need your help if you're up for it.
In a few days when I get farther ill PM you and share what I'm working on and perhaps you'd want to contribute.

The forums are very lucky to benefit from your time.

Neomagic
05-10-2013, 11:07 PM
I completely agree, I'm mostly a lurker but the information that you are contributing (and trying to contribute? Ie: exp it takes per level) is really helpful. Keep up the good work Rad!

Jrodigy
05-11-2013, 10:48 AM
Nicely written, very informative too...if only i stayed on top of the weekly bosses as much as i should ._.

Ominousz
05-13-2013, 06:49 PM
I just noticed that your friends armor and attack cap is determined not only by your current lvl but also by your current armor/atk stats.

For example, when i used my chimera corps lvl14, my friends armor/atk cap was around 660 but then if i switched to AA+ lvl 44, it would jump to around 900.
the numbers aren't exact but a rough estimation.

sometimes, especially as a low lvl, it could be wiser to use a disadvantageous armor in order to improve your friends cap, i myself found it to be always true :-) (at least for the time being)

thought i'd share this, feel free to use, it helped me a lot in the current boss =)

Varza
05-13-2013, 08:22 PM
Hi Rad,

I wanted to thank you for this and for your other guides. I read them when I was still lurking and there is some great info in there! Thank you for sharing your knowledge!

I'm still little, but I can't wait to be able to beat the boss to 60! It will be fun! :D

BethMo
05-14-2013, 04:00 PM
One other thing to consider...

If all the knights are equal, 5 knights followed by 2 knights will do 1250% of the damage of a single knight (5 * 200%, plus 2 * 125%). 4 knights followed by 3 knights will do only 1150% (4 * 175% plus 3 * 150%). But all the knights aren't equal -- your second and third knights are much wimpier than your leader and probably have worse armor, while your friends are probably as good as your leader or better. So when you're trying to squeak out that last kill, you may be better off doing

leader + wimp + friend + friend, wait 1.5 hours, leader + friend + friend

instead of

leader + wimp + wimp + friend + friend, wait 1.5 hours, leader + friend

deathexe
05-14-2013, 04:19 PM
One other thing to consider...

If all the knights are equal, 5 knights followed by 2 knights will do 1250% of the damage of a single knight (5 * 200%, plus 2 * 125%). 4 knights followed by 3 knights will do only 1150% (4 * 175% plus 3 * 150%). But all the knights aren't equal -- your second and third knights are much wimpier than your leader and probably have worse armor, while your friends are probably as good as your leader or better. So when you're trying to squeak out that last kill, you may be better off doing

leader + wimp + friend + friend, wait 1.5 hours, leader + friend + friend

instead of

leader + wimp + wimp + friend + friend, wait 1.5 hours, leader + friend

But if you're assuming they're doing the same damage, then with 7 people the first time and 2 people the second time, you'll have 1250 damage. If you have 6 people followed by 3, you'll only have 1150 damage. That's if they all do the same damage that is. Though your method is viable only when you're at your last few kills cause you'll be using a lot of friends for one kill.

Doink
05-14-2013, 07:43 PM
very informative. thanks!

BethMo
05-15-2013, 01:32 AM
But if you're assuming they're doing the same damage, then with 7 people the first time and 2 people the second time, you'll have 1250 damage. If you have 6 people followed by 3, you'll only have 1150 damage. That's if they all do the same damage that is. Though your method is viable only when you're at your last few kills cause you'll be using a lot of friends for one kill.

Right -- if they all did the same damage. But my second and third knights don't do nearly as much damage as my main knight and my friends. This is probably true for most people.

I've only done this for the level 60 boss, which is significantly tougher than level 59. By throwing four friends at it in this fashion I managed to kill it without using crystals. This is the first week I've achieved that and I'm feeling very happy. :)

musizian
05-15-2013, 09:36 PM
Hey guys,
I have a question on collecting gems.. How do you guys do that?
The only free gems are from the videos which is rarely one a day...
Help pleasE?

deathexe
05-15-2013, 10:05 PM
Hey guys,
I have a question on collecting gems.. How do you guys do that?
The only free gems are from the videos which is rarely one a day...
Help pleasE?

If you don't get the videos then there's no way to get more. It's just luck, whether or not the videos are available or not. Also, this isn't the right place to be asking these questions.

Torgue
05-22-2013, 08:25 AM
Great thread... on to the next step. Need a guide to finish all 60 stages. I am getting to level 57 or 58 without using gems and with using one nemesis lvl30 armor (on my main). I am getting good help from allies who also have nemesis armor, but 10 allies per day is just not doing it for me. Thanks for your tips.

busteroaf
07-02-2013, 08:22 PM
There really aren't many steps outside of using the right armor combos against the boss, and sometimes the nemesis isn't the best option. From some discussion of past bosses, you ideally want to be at level 40 of the boss after 3 days. That way you can safely get 5 boss kills a day (using 2 friends each, 2x5 being your 10 friend usages each day) and reach 60. Depending on your gear and friends, you can be higher, but ideally you want to get as high as you can the first day, since most of the early bosses will see some epic energy drops and you can blow through those. Second and third day, again, get as high as you can, hopefully up to around 40.

Usul
07-02-2013, 09:22 PM
Many thanks to the time and effort that went into this!

I'm only lvl 22 after 3-4 days, but I'm hooked!

mikieblue
07-03-2013, 05:35 AM
Thanks for the post.. This helped a lot..

Definately!! +1

Unresolved
07-03-2013, 02:27 PM
Do you guys think beating level 43 epic bosses is possible with only the Big 4 maxed? I won't be able to max a Level 70 armor for awhile :\.

Raistmar
07-03-2013, 02:39 PM
Do you guys think beating level 43 epic bosses is possible with only the Big 4 maxed? I won't be able to max a Level 70 armor for awhile :\.

With the old boss difficulty, you can get to 43 with friends help. The way it is now though I'd say it'd be close to impossible.

Unresolved
07-03-2013, 02:42 PM
With the old boss difficulty, you can get to 43 with friends help. The way it is now though I'd say it'd be close to impossible.

Hmm, damn. I have another 5-7 days before I can get my last castle expansion and then another week after that to max either Swamp Shaman + or Infernal Lord + :\.

D3athShade
07-03-2013, 03:10 PM
Good thread, thanks for this :) i want old bosses back :( i can't even get to 43 :(

Newsmurf
07-03-2013, 07:27 PM
thanks for this post, was really insightful

WarChicken
07-06-2013, 05:29 PM
pretty sure my question's been answered before but i guess i just havent found where, nonetheless, is it worth it to summon boss (for 11-gems) when you're really struggling to hit lvl43(what with the OPed bosses nowadays) or simply use those 11gems for 11SA while fighting said boss? thanks!

overcire
07-06-2013, 11:38 PM
It is cheaper for me to get 10 EE rather than 11 gems to summon the boss. IT might be cheaper for you to hit a few bonus crits. ymmv. I do not tend to plan on using gem crits, just when I miss too many times or eurus crits too many times.

raist responded, and I thought I could clarify without using up anymore space. 5/5 is way better than 5/2 or 4/3 and uses only 3 additional energy. So for ten gems you get 25% more damage but also 7 epic energy, enough to do another 3 person attack, or less down time until your next win.

Raistmar
07-06-2013, 11:57 PM
It is cheaper for me to get 10 EE rather than 11 gems to summon the boss. IT might be cheaper for you to hit a few bonus crits. ymmv. I do not tend to plan on using gem crits, just when I miss too many times or eurus crits too many times.

Buying energy is only useful if you have 3 good armors for your knights to counter the boss. But if you depend on friends to do the bulk of the dmg reviving or summoning would be a better option. For SAs to be effective you need to pay close attention with the boss hp.

Johnny Depp
07-12-2013, 12:34 PM
nice thread. good reminder ;)

Bearsuo
07-13-2013, 01:41 PM
pretty sure my question's been answered before but i guess i just havent found where, nonetheless, is it worth it to summon boss (for 11-gems) when you're really struggling to hit lvl43(what with the OPed bosses nowadays) or simply use those 11gems for 11SA while fighting said boss? thanks!

I think the prices reflect desperation - 12 gems to resurrect your current line up fighting the boss, 11 gems to summon a knock over boss, 10 gems to just throw whatever you like at him again (10 energy) - yes, it can use up friends, which again, if you're not desperate for time... As Raist responded, your equipment is kind of important in figuring out the value of SA. I have yet to fix my model, but for my troop - which has been poorly geared for the last two dragons - 3, 4 SAs were what would be needed to push over hurdle of the last tier I went to, which is obviously cheaper than a whole 10/11/12 gem for another stab at the boss... but that requires, again, even less desperation and becomes an easy "lemon" strategy - oh no, I've already spent 4 gems on this fight, and I'm missing a lot, better put in another, and another, and another ...

nonetobeknow
07-30-2013, 01:11 AM
hey, im new here, i wonder if you can tell me what my current material amount if im at lv29 fighting lv30 boss ? i need to know the amount of material so that i can decide either to put my gem on summoning stone or go for the ranked prize so i could create the plus version of legendary since i wont be able to reach lv 43 :)

Wolfgangs246
07-30-2013, 01:37 AM
hey, im new here, i wonder if you can tell me what my current material amount if im at lv29 fighting lv30 boss ? i need to know the amount of material so that i can decide either to put my gem on summoning stone or go for the ranked prize so i could create the plus version of legendary since i wont be able to reach lv 43 :)

You can check out how many materials you have in your armorsmith by scrolling to the right when you enter the page where you can select armors for crafting. The armors where you lack materials will be greyed out but you should still be able to see how many materials you have on hand for each armor type.

deathexe
07-30-2013, 01:40 AM
You can check out how many materials you have in your armorsmith by scrolling to the right when you enter the page where you can select armors for crafting. The armors where you lack materials will be greyed out but you should still be able to see how many materials you have on hand for each armor type.

That's for iOS. By completing level 29, you should have 22 materials ( 1 material per kill from 15 - 21, 2 material drops from 22 - 42 )

Basically, if you want to summon the boss from 29 onwards, you would have to summon the boss once for each level from 30 to 43.

nonetobeknow
07-30-2013, 02:55 AM
That's for iOS. By completing level 29, you should have 22 materials ( 1 material per kill from 15 - 21, 2 material drops from 22 - 42 )

Basically, if you want to summon the boss from 29 onwards, you would have to summon the boss once for each level from 30 to 43.

the cost of the gem gonna rise for each summon ? im kinda confuse which level you refering to, my victory reward lv or the boss lv. im android user, sorry for that.

Marco_
07-30-2013, 03:48 AM
the cost of the gem gonna rise for each summon ? im kinda confuse which level you refering to, my victory reward lv or the boss lv. im android user, sorry for that.
After level 29, you're 14 levels short of 43. Each level 30-42 == 2 materials (and 43 is 3 materials leaving you with 1 spare), 1 summoning == 2 materials => 14 summonings needed, which is 14 * 11 = 154 gems. (gem cost goes up from 11 to 30 once the boss even is over; summoned bosses are all level 1)

SpongeBOZZ
08-08-2013, 06:13 PM
funny guide :D

ilvtfu
08-17-2013, 07:08 PM
this is great, helped me a lot :)

rogercamel
08-19-2013, 07:57 AM
Great guide. One other thing that may be useful. I worked out the damage and defence maths for this and depending on the boss different combinations can be better.
For an epic boss with two consecutive elements (ie. fire-spirit, spirit-earth, earth-air, air-water, water-fire) it is best to use armours with consecutive elements with both strengths (ie, water-fire vs fire-spirit), this gives a damage advantage of 2 with no weaknesses. After that armours with 1 strength and no weaknesses are best.
In the case of an epic boss with 2 non-consecutive elements then 1 strength and no weaknesses is actually better than 2 strengths and 1 weakness (there are no 2 strength, no weakness combinations for this type). Of course if you are getting the same number of hits in for both types of armour then the 2 strengths will be better.

Finally the best way to evaluate how good an armour is when compared to another (not taking into account elements) you should multiply the attack and defence together, not add them (like I have been doing till now). I can provide the full formulas if needed, I was doing them so I could beat the epic boss at each level using minimal knights.

Usul
08-19-2013, 08:32 AM
Great guide. One other thing that may be useful. I worked out the damage and defence maths for this and depending on the boss different combinations can be better.
For an epic boss with two consecutive elements (ie. fire-spirit, spirit-earth, earth-air, air-water, water-fire) it is best to use armours with consecutive elements with both strengths (ie, water-fire vs fire-spirit), this gives a damage advantage of 2 with no weaknesses. After that armours with 1 strength and no weaknesses are best.
In the case of an epic boss with 2 non-consecutive elements then 1 strength and no weaknesses is actually better than 2 strengths and 1 weakness (there are no 2 strength, no weakness combinations for this type). Of course if you are getting the same number of hits in for both types of armour then the 2 strengths will be better.

Finally the best way to evaluate how good an armour is when compared to another (not taking into account elements) you should multiply the attack and defence together, not add them (like I have been doing till now). I can provide the full formulas if needed, I was doing them so I could beat the epic boss at each level using minimal knights.

You should check out this thread:

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?55912-Theorycrafting-solved-the-Epic-Boss-damage!&highlight=theorycrafting

rogercamel
08-19-2013, 10:23 AM
You should check out this thread:

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?55912-Theorycrafting-solved-the-Epic-Boss-damage!&highlight=theorycrafting

Nice. Pretty much confirms most of my equations. One thing I was going to add to this though for epic bosses, is to always put your knight who does the least damage first, because they will always get one less hit in than the others.

Revelate
08-21-2013, 12:19 AM
Nice. Pretty much confirms most of my equations. One thing I was going to add to this though for epic bosses, is to always put your knight who does the least damage first, because they will always get one less hit in than the others.

Not necessarily, can be advantageous to put the beefiest tank there assuming you have a better armor for a hitter in slot two. Swamp shaman vs. Slimelord was a good example, solid defensive armor that managed to soak several hits while building my own SA for moontide in slot 2 (or other people's Notus+ if they had it for the double damage), and slot 3 was some throw away armor, the infamous sauce pan helmet, dustbin shield, and broom sword, who's only real purpose was to provide additional damage bonus and soak maybe two hits to line up a SA for the vastly superior friends in slots 4/5.

Play with the spreadsheet that Lii links near the bottom of the thread that Usul posted; your idea will likely work in the vast majority of attempts, but in some cases may want to swap the lineup a bit for maximum damage.

Also can be handy if you trigger the first SA (appears to be boss percentage health based but I haven't tracked it down explicitly and not sure anyone else has either) with the first toon, that's can mean an extra hit for the main in slot 2, which can be a swing of ~2K boss health which is non-trivial at any level.

Fortunately boss hunting at least to 51 very rarely comes down to needing to do everything perfectly assuming decent friends list and at least one solid armor. It'll likely be two months before I can make a realistic 60 attempt on an easy boss, but people were finishing this current one a day or more ahead so realistically there's a current gear level which mostly trivializes it with likely some small gem expenditure in the last round or two.

bosskiller
08-21-2013, 03:36 PM
Hey I know you directly said not to do this but I tried to message you and ir said your box is full. Please add WBB-DRW-HYR thanks you!

moongoose
08-21-2013, 06:29 PM
Nice guide

Tianna
08-22-2013, 08:42 AM
Great guide, thank you!

Lelouch Lamperouge
08-24-2013, 04:39 PM
Ok when i reach a reward tier when i get stuck (like at tier 15, personally i like just collecting the epic armour and im only level 39 now so its not like i will actually get to tier 43 and be able to craft the + version) what i do is use two of my own knights (in appropriate elemental amour, like this week its the leviathan, so im using the AA+ (currently level 26) and the Crius + (currently level 22)) on ny main and another, then i hire two friends for a total of 7EE for my first fight to save 6EE to hire another two friends
What im curious about is if im doing this efficiently? Like would it be more efficient if i used 8EE first fight then 5EE next fight (one friend) to get the 100% boost for the first? Or is the way im doing it currently more efficient?

cubey
08-24-2013, 07:55 PM
Ok when i reach a reward tier when i get stuck (like at tier 15, personally i like just collecting the epic armour and im only level 39 now so its not like i will actually get to tier 43 and be able to craft the + version) what i do is use two of my own knights (in appropriate elemental amour, like this week its the leviathan, so im using the AA+ (currently level 26) and the Crius + (currently level 22)) on ny main and another, then i hire two friends for a total of 7EE for my first fight to save 6EE to hire another two friends
What im curious about is if im doing this efficiently? Like would it be more efficient if i used 8EE first fight then 5EE next fight (one friend) to get the 100% boost for the first? Or is the way im doing it currently more efficient?

3/4 allows you to use 4 friends all together so gives more damage in total. 2/5 only lets you use 3 friends.

DG Magneto
08-24-2013, 08:23 PM

Assuming all knights have equal stats (which they never do)
5 Knights (200% damage) = power of 10 knights and
2 Knights (125% damage) = power of 2.5 knights
12.5 total

4 Knights (175% damage) = power of 7 knights and
3 Knights (150% damage) = power of 4.5 knights
11.5 total

-------- Sidekick knights re- calculation ---------
5/2 (200%) then 125%
Main knight 1 x 2.00 = 2
Sidekick1 1 x 2.00 x .67 = 1.34
Sidekick2 1 x 2.00 x .67 = 1.34
Friend x2 2x2.00 = 4
Total for first wave 8.67

second wave (1.25%)
Main Knight 1 x 1.25
Friend x1 1 x 1.25
Total for second wave 2.5

Total 11.17 for 5/2

4/3
Main knight 1 x 1.75
Sidekick 1 x 1.75 x .67
Friend 1 x 1.75
Friend 1 x 1.75
Total for 4 = 6.42

Main Knight 1.x 1.5
Friend 1 x 1.50
Friend 1 x 1.50
Total for 3 = 4.5

Total = 10.92

After new calculations you can see that it is very close assuming the same gear. Your friends best character will tend to have very nice armor compared to your sub knights. It is therefore recommended you do 4/3 (or 3/4) given you have enough friends available.

Lelouch Lamperouge
08-25-2013, 08:18 AM
12.5 total

11.5 total

Friends would have to be quite a bit more powerful to be the better choice. They usually are though. Good luck!

My friends stats are anywhere between 1450 att and deff and 1000 att and deff
My stats at best are 767 att and 776 deff (AA+ level 26) on my main and 659 att and 713 deff (Crius+ level 25) on a secondary (also level 39, almost 40)
So would it be a better choice?

Revelate
08-25-2013, 07:52 PM
12.5 total

11.5 total

Friends would have to be quite a bit more powerful to be the better choice. They usually are though. Good luck!

I think you're forgetting the sidekick penalty, which is something like 67% of a main character. In your top equation drop out 1.33 knights effectively in your math which brings the raw value below the 3/4 route. Also it's incredibly rare that you're going to have 2 let alone 3 sets of armor better than most of your friends list assuming similarly leveled (or superior) friends, and that further devalues the 5/2 when you really need to maximize a boss on a total of 13 EE available.

Generally speaking if you know you'll need it, it's better to go 3/4 or 2/5; basically on the second time the boss will SA right off the top the number of times it did in the first round in my experience (my math may be a little off there, I haven't tracked percentages correctly but this seems right anecdotally), so the fewer knights go first, the less likely you are to trigger multiple SA's off the top which is what hurts 5/2 so often is usually you'll get 2 immediately on the second fight (after taking 2 the first fight, 4 guarunted crits) whereas 2/5 you may only get 3, or even 2 guarunteed crits from SA's against your knights. More health efficient.

Alitia
08-26-2013, 05:26 AM
Good read! It's very useful. I hope others will come to read this too.

BobSaget1
08-26-2013, 11:07 AM
So much useful information, everyone should read

HalbeSuppe
08-30-2013, 02:24 AM
Meh so many questions :)

Which combination do you think is better:

3+2 (for max% dmg) and 1+1 or
2+2 and 1+2
(always own troops+friends).

I intend to the 2nd one but i am not 100% sure because of the %dmg

Marco_
08-30-2013, 03:30 AM
Meh so many questions :)

Which combination do you think is better:

3+2 (for max% dmg) and 1+1 or
2+2 and 1+2
(always own troops+friends).

I intend to the 2nd one but i am not 100% sure because of the %dmg
There is no "better".
You do 5/2 or 2/5 as long as that works, since it only uses up 3 friends, then switch to 4/3 or 3/4 once that no longer works.
4/3 / 3/4 == friend are bottlenecking it to 10 / 4 = 2.5 runs per day.
5/2 / 2/5 == assuming 7 hours of sleep and boss runs immediately before/after sleeping: 24-(7-5) * 2 = 44 usable EE per day 44 / 13 ~= 3.4 runs per day based on EE, 10 / 3 = 3.33 runs per day based on friends.

HalbeSuppe
08-30-2013, 09:37 AM
There is no "better".
You do 5/2 or 2/5 as long as that works, since it only uses up 3 friends, then switch to 4/3 or 3/4 once that no longer works.
4/3 / 3/4 == friend are bottlenecking it to 10 / 4 = 2.5 runs per day.
5/2 / 2/5 == assuming 7 hours of sleep and boss runs immediately before/after sleeping: 24-(7-5) * 2 = 44 usable EE per day 44 / 13 ~= 3.4 runs per day based on EE, 10 / 3 = 3.33 runs per day based on friends.

that theoriecrafting oO
4/3 means mainchar + what? 5/2 is main + 1 minion + 2 friends i guess

Sifu
08-30-2013, 10:04 AM
The 4/3 or 5/2 designation is how many knights you take. Always start with 10 energy.

5/2 means:
Main - Follower - Follower - Friend - Friend (8 energy)
Regen energy before the 2 hour timer runs out (starting at 2 and getting to 5 means 1 1/2 hours later)
Main - Friend or Follower depending on need (usually friend because they are stronger)
Obviously, the follow and mains can be moved around however you see fit.

4/3 works with the same idea.
Main - Follower - Friend - Friend (7 energy)
Regen energy (3 remaining and going 1 1/2 hours to get 3 more)
Main - Friend - Friend (6 energy)

It seems to be getting more common that people are using 3/4 instead of 4/3. I've been trying this way and it seems to work well.

Main - Friend - Friend (6 energy)
Regen energy (4 remaining and going 1 1/2 hours to get 3 more)
Follower - Main - Friend - Friend (7 energy)

From what I have read, the 3/4 or 4/3 give you the ability to do the most damage because you are using the most friends. Friends should be closer to or better than your main and better than your followers.

So the idea would be to progress as the boss progresses.
Main until he can't go alone
Main plus followers until that's not enough (reserving friends for when you'll need them)
Main plus followers plus friends until that's not enough
5/2 until that's not enough
3/4 or 4/3 until that's not enough
Wait for next week.

When you start adding friends, you can really play around to fine tune your energy and friend usage. Sometimes, you are better off taking your main and one friend rather than your main and two followers for example.

JiihaaFIN
09-07-2013, 07:35 AM
Meh... I always get stuck at lvl 13

overcire
09-07-2013, 02:08 PM
You got to the same level boss two weeks in a row? I recommend enhancing your armours and getting experience by questing. Good luck.

Moritsume
09-07-2013, 09:04 PM
Do the minions in Kingdom of Darkness not count for spawning the Epic Boss? Normally I clear 1-2 stages of a level (usually snakeskin farming) and he'll pop up, but I've cleared Normal, Mighty, and 2/3 of Honor on Kingdom of Darkness and he still hasn't spawned @_@.

TwisTer
09-07-2013, 11:48 PM
Do the minions in Kingdom of Darkness not count for spawning the Epic Boss? Normally I clear 1-2 stages of a level (usually snakeskin farming) and he'll pop up, but I've cleared Normal, Mighty, and 2/3 of Honor on Kingdom of Darkness and he still hasn't spawned @_@.

No stage ending with a mini boss will spawn an epic boss. Go to relic runes

Fts91
09-27-2013, 03:40 PM
Since the Arena offers very little in the way of rewards, and the Epic Boss offers a comparative ton, I thought I'd share some tips on getting the most out of fighting the weekly Epic Boss.

They should definitely give out more rewards in the arena. I'd say, for every 10 wins, you get a guaranteed amount of XP depending on your level (doesn't even have to be a lot). And the gold reward is way to low. Seriously like 5 gold or whatever it is for level 100s? And also, the reward for black medalist is a legendary armor? I mean cmon, for being the strongest player in the game you'd seriously want a legendary that a lot of times isnt even good? What about an epic armor that has a different color/trim just so everyone knows ur like the baddest player around?

Lastly, instead of having titles like "Black Medalist" and "Gold Medalist" like few of us can hope to achieve, why not have more titles for number of wins or for getting a 50 win or 100 win streak OR maybe even a cape for getting a big win streak?;)

Dexx
09-29-2013, 06:12 PM
inb4noobaskifepicbossglitchstillworks

kleo
10-12-2013, 11:39 PM
is there someone who has a nemesis for the raven?

please help me i'm stuck at level 13 :(

add me please (android)

WBB GDN VBC

Instagram
10-14-2013, 11:31 PM
ANOTHER TIP:
1)Wait for epic energy to reach 10 (max)
2) Attack with 2 knights + 2 friends attack (7 energy)---(3 left)
3)Wait till 3 epic energy regenerates (6 energy)
4)Main Knight + 2 friends (6 energy)

Requires person to be active as for 3 energy to regenerate it takes about 1h45mins. Meaning u have only 15mins left to attack Epic boss again.

~This method can get u 5k-13k more damage. (5k being for low lvls 13k+ for high lvls) :D

madfighters
10-15-2013, 05:43 AM
very useful guide i normally give up at boss 15 but i am determined to do better
now i just need to find helpful high leveled friends

Marco_
10-15-2013, 06:02 AM
ANOTHER TIP:
1)Wait for epic energy to reach 10 (max)
2) Attack with 2 knights + 2 friends attack (7 energy)---(3 left)
3)Wait till 3 epic energy regenerates (6 energy)
4)Main Knight + 2 friends (6 energy)

Requires person to be active as for 3 energy to regenerate it takes about 1h45mins. Meaning u have only 15mins left to attack Epic boss again.

~This method can get u 5k-13k more damage. (5k being for low lvls 13k+ for high lvls) :D
Some additions:
- wait to just before it hits 10. say less than 15 minutes on the clock is probably ideal. Any time maxed out == wasted energy.
- Instagram's text is advise for what to do when 5 in one run or 5 + 2 / 2 + 5 is no longer enough; don't go using up 4 friends per level unless you can't clear it any other way. ;)
- because of the way Gree set it up, the boss is guaranteed to start with 1 or 2 crits on the second run (seems to be 2 if the boss is below a certain level of health after the first run). This results in first run being commander/main knight + 2 friends and second run being 1 follower + commander + 2 friends getting better results than the other way around, since the follower can tank the crits instead of the commander.
- regeneration is 1 unit per 30 minutes, so 3 in 1 1/2 hour

Bacon and Eggs
10-16-2013, 06:15 AM
good thread for beginners
thanks for drafting it up

Boogery
10-24-2013, 07:34 AM
The new boss, Circe is Air/Earth. If I use Wraith which is Spirit/Earth, do I get a double bonus since Air is weak against Earth and Earth is weak against Spirit?

Necromancers
10-24-2013, 07:45 AM
The new boss, Circe is Air/Earth. If I use Wraith which is Spirit/Earth, do I get a double bonus since Air is weak against Earth and Earth is weak against Spirit?

It would do 2x damage.

Boogery
10-24-2013, 07:57 AM
It would do 2x damage.

Awesome thanks!

GGArmani
11-01-2013, 08:30 AM
Useful information :)

LionRyan
11-01-2013, 09:03 AM
What's a good counter for this week EB. Is there any water/wind armor?

LionRyan
11-01-2013, 09:04 AM
Anyway very useful information we have here

GGArmani
11-01-2013, 09:04 AM
Wind & Water

bosskiller
11-11-2013, 10:13 AM
What's a good counter for this week EB. Is there any water/wind armor?

Maelstrom Irons :)

asela
11-13-2013, 06:06 PM
It would do 2x damage.

Thanks, good to know. Will be using my Jian's Battlegear to much more affect this EP.

Just curious, how possible is it to get to Level 60 EP without the use of gems. Just on the Energy bar, it seems like you will run out of time before getting to the 60th battle.

Dianish
11-26-2013, 09:12 PM
Thanks, good to know. Will be using my Jian's Battlegear to much more affect this EP.

Just curious, how possible is it to get to Level 60 EP without the use of gems. Just on the Energy bar, it seems like you will run out of time before getting to the 60th battle.

Spend energy wisely. Only hire the exact number of knights required to kill the boss + Strong friends.(I hit 60 with 36 hours left on Asherah) - Some people even set their alarm when they go to sleep so they can wake up and kill boss and head to bed again. I have reached 60 out of 60 4 times now and its NOT needed to spend any gems at all. It can be done even though you only have 1 armor with 1 elemental advantage.

Havok-GG
11-27-2013, 10:00 PM
Hey there, I'm Havok - Guildmaster of Galaxy Gladiators.

I was fighting the Epic Boss today and saw Batman!
http://imageshack.com/a/img801/9066/oyg9.png

NooBtastic
11-28-2013, 01:24 PM
Thanks rad! Very good guide Nd well thought out

NooBtastic
11-28-2013, 01:24 PM
Please continue to add!

knights
11-29-2013, 10:16 AM
Hey there, I'm Havok - Guildmaster of Galaxy Gladiators.

I was fighting the Epic Boss today and saw Batman!
http://imageshack.com/a/img801/9066/oyg9.png

Please sure there's a joker somewhere too!

lZellyl
12-01-2013, 09:52 PM
thank for great guide

Dcpk
12-02-2013, 07:29 AM
Cool guide hope to hit 60 next epic boss

Synovia
12-05-2013, 10:12 AM
This order can be used to save EE taked from another tread in the forum

main knight,
main knight + follower,
main knight + nemess ally,
main knight + 2 followers,
main + follower + nemesis ally,
main + 2 nemesis allies,
main + 2 followers + nemesis ally,
main + follower + 2 nemesis allies,
main + 2 followers + 2 nemesis allies,
main + 2 followers + 2 nemesis allies back left again only with the main knight or main + follower or ally

The bolded should never be used. While it saves you 1 energy over the main+2xfollower+friend, it blows through your friends list too fast.

You create 48 energy a day. At 7 energy per 4 knights, you can basically kill 7 levels a day, without taking into account any energy boosts you get dropped or are given as rewards. The Knight+friend+friend limits you to 5 (you run out of friends).

Essentially the 1 energy saved isn't worth the extra friend used. You shouldn't be using 2 friends unless you're sending 5 knights, or you're pretty much as far as you can get and are doing the 5/2 or 3/4 thing.

whitedevil
12-11-2013, 01:46 AM
yea great guide keep it up

KTran2013
12-11-2013, 11:09 PM
Hello all. Please note that the new update will allow you to do some things you haven't been able to do before. The MOST IMPORTANT being:

With 10 Epic Energy: You can use 3 knights, 2 friends (8 Epic Energy). This will leave you 2 energy left. With this, you can simply wait 100 minutes for 4 more energy (with about 20 minutes to spare on the Epic boss counter) and now you're ready to attack the Epic boss with a combination of 3 more knights (6 Epic Energy).

Please note that the update makes it so that you get energy every 25 minutes rather than every 30 minutes. Therefore, you max out energy at 4 hours, 10 minutes instead of 5 hours. This also means that you technically get more energy in a day than you used to. Please plan accordingly!

Cheers!

jamesfred
12-14-2013, 04:53 AM
+1 great guide!
Very informative, thanks a lot!

Eljun
12-16-2013, 11:12 AM
This is a god topic and will help a lot for the beginners. Good Job! ;)

The Justice
12-22-2013, 05:26 AM
Veeeery nice job!! ;)

09cobaltss
12-22-2013, 07:53 PM
This causes me to get a ridiculous amount of unwanted friend requests. I wish I could just ignore them but those red numbers are annoying too

jamesfred
12-22-2013, 10:24 PM
if i crafted and leveled up the eb armor to unlock the eb armor+ at what level does anybody can craft the EB armor+?
if level 15 we can craft the first EB armor.. wat level of monster can i craft the second?

hmm and for a player... at what level do guys can kill the eb so he can craft the second?

Dianish
12-22-2013, 10:26 PM
if i crafted and leveled up the eb armor to unlock the eb armor+ at what level does anybody can craft the EB armor+?
if level 15 we can craft the first EB armor.. wat level of monster can i craft the second?

hmm and for a player... at what level do guys can kill the eb so he can craft the second?

You need to enhance the Non+ to lvl 35 to unlock the +version. But to have enough mats for a 2nd armor you need to reach EB 43th kill. IF you wish to have a 3rd armor - You will need to get 60 kills.

tierigin
12-31-2013, 02:12 AM
With this latest boss I killed the boss 15 times and didn't have enough mats to be able to craft Armor of Glacius. I needed to kill the boss 1 more time. How is this possible?

Menex
01-01-2014, 03:18 PM
Thanks for posting this guide! i can see youve put alot of work into it and i hope everyone appreciates your work, i personally found many interesting things which i hope will help me to kill them bosses :P

Rookeye
05-27-2014, 12:22 PM
Thanks for your hard work/effort here! Alas, I was hoping for a Dummies version, since I still am having difficulty understanding the whole Kanid boss dealio...

For instance:

* I've beaten him four times now, but he doesn't stay beaten.
* sometimes he's weaker than previously, not stronger; why is that?
* his Kanid-o-meter fills and empties...what does this mean?

I've determined that I just need to pick a fight with ANY of the local monsters and Kanid will appear...so no summoning needed. Naturally, I still need to have full energy or the summoning is wasted. Thanks for explaining the bit about Epic Energy; I didn't get that at all... Still doesn't explain why sometimes only two knights can kill him, and others--SAME ARMOR, MIND YOU--three get their heroic heinies handed to them by the Hound. *sigh*

Sol Invictus
05-27-2014, 06:28 PM
* I've beaten him four times now, but he doesn't stay beaten.
* sometimes he's weaker than previously, not stronger; why is that?
* his Kanid-o-meter fills and empties...what does this mean?

I've determined that I just need to pick a fight with ANY of the local monsters and Kanid will appear...so no summoning needed. Naturally, I still need to have full energy or the summoning is wasted. Thanks for explaining the bit about Epic Energy; I didn't get that at all... Still doesn't explain why sometimes only two knights can kill him, and others--SAME ARMOR, MIND YOU--three get their heroic heinies handed to them by the Hound. *sigh*

The EB doesn't stay beaten because the goal is to beat the EB as many times as you can, all while the EB gets progressively harder.

At certain intervals, rewards are given for beating the EB. The EB gets harder and harder until you reach a milestone (3, 6, 10, 15 kills, and so on) when they will be at their most difficult. But after beating them that time their stats go down slightly as the new interval begins.

The "Kanid-o-meter" shows your progress along a specific interval. For instance, if you have 13 EB kills, the "Kanid-o-meter" will be half full because you'll be half way through the 10-15 kill interval.

Rookeye
05-27-2014, 06:30 PM
Ahhhh...I found more "Rad" posts, and I'm starting to see the light... ;)

Ant venom
05-30-2014, 09:30 PM
Very helpful but you just copied it from a website!!!

Rookeye
05-30-2014, 09:52 PM
Heh...you DO realize Rad's no longer with us, right? ;)

Dianish
05-30-2014, 10:20 PM
Very helpful but you just copied it from a website!!!

You can't just make such accusations without any proof to back it up.

Also, who said it wasn't hi's own guide he copied and posted? This guide is 1 year old. You are the first to make this accusation.

Rookeye
05-30-2014, 10:39 PM
Agreed, thanks for saying it. Since Gree employees posted Rad's Guide as one of their helpful links, I think it fair to say Gree accepts this (and other items similarly stickied) as Rad's own work.

EDIT: I googled samples of some of the text of his guide, and the only place they occur on the internet (according to Google) is this Guide right here. If you're gonna throw wild accusations, the burden of proof is on you.

White Knight
09-03-2014, 03:58 PM
Great info .. very helpful

roookey1
09-08-2014, 10:28 PM
After many tries, I have come to the conclusion that beating the EB boss to the highest level 63 is impossible without either having top-notch matching element epic armor (something the average and non-gem-spending player will never have) or spending a remarkable amount of gems (at least 100).

L43 is usually possible without gems, using existing and latest EB+ armor. Still, good friends are required to get there in time.

To reach the L51 milestone, at least average epics are required (outdated ones like Blazeborne & Co. don't help anymore), and no chance making it without good friends.

So it would be fair to say that L52-L60 is a 'paid feature' and the questionable rewards for it (prince keys and gold keys usually only give 2/3 star crap, 5 gems are a joke compared to what you need to get there) are just good for one's ego. Which is kinda sad, shouldn't one be able to get there when having the best armor you can get *without paying* and with really hard efforts?

Any other observations/ideas?

loine88
09-30-2014, 09:02 AM
still have only got to 43 once

SITH F35 GM Ricky
10-01-2014, 06:37 PM
Great thread. +1

GeneralUsa
10-08-2014, 08:02 AM
Excellent thread! Thanks for taking the time to post the tips. +1

Michiel81
10-09-2014, 12:02 PM
Yeah i'm having massive problems taking EBs down now, for some reason my stats dropped massively.

Where i had 2055 Attack before last update i only got 1687 now with Spartans Wargear.
I tried re-equipping them but stats stay low, is this a bug or did i miss something?

Normally i was able to go up to rank 14 with just 1 character using the best armor for the fight, now i didn't even make it to 10 and had to use 2 chars, also i use Haunted Citadel to trigger EB events and was able to get 3 tries easy using my 6 characters, now i only get 2 tries and i'm dead on 2nd try.

sxespanky
10-10-2014, 05:53 AM
Yeah i'm having massive problems taking EBs down now, for some reason my stats dropped massively.

Where i had 2055 Attack before last update i only got 1687 now with Spartans Wargear.
I tried re-equipping them but stats stay low, is this a bug or did i miss something?

Normally i was able to go up to rank 14 with just 1 character using the best armor for the fight, now i didn't even make it to 10 and had to use 2 chars, also i use Haunted Citadel to trigger EB events and was able to get 3 tries easy using my 6 characters, now i only get 2 tries and i'm dead on 2nd try.

did your position in guild change? or change guild? thats probably a guild perk bonus change.

also do a different level - something easy like skeli tombs like said in the other page you put this problem in.

poprocks
10-16-2014, 07:00 AM
I think your gems are better spent saving them for a 999 or 1200 gem opening to get epics. You should invest your time in finding higher leveld friends to help you get the EB+ armors and leveling up your own armors to get you there.

Derrick Lee Bradshaw
11-13-2014, 11:13 AM
Very good post

Tweet
12-08-2014, 02:26 PM
I think your gems are better spent saving them for a 999 or 1200 gem opening to get epics. You should invest your time in finding higher leveld friends to help you get the EB+ armors and leveling up your own armors to get you there.

Gems may be useful when getting the first EB+, but this can also be accomplished through inviting high level friends. A good thing for newer players is to check out the top list of EB boss, and send invites. It may only get a few, but those can be helpful in the long run.

Kevoo Shadrick
12-11-2014, 03:23 PM
Thanks bro!

appreciate it

Carter Noble
12-18-2014, 11:10 AM
Does anyone have any idea, what is the lowest level possible (your character should be) in order to beat the EPIC boss on level 15?

I forgot to add in my last response, is it better to save gems and use towards epic bosses, or just opening limited chests?

I'm level 1 currently.

Rookeye
12-19-2014, 08:53 AM
Well it depends on the friends you have equipped, usually. You can totally suck, if you have two awesome friends...

The choice to do chests or not is a personal one. I've never opened a chest, but I have friends who regularly do. I believe both options are equally viable.

starZeagle
01-28-2015, 08:31 AM
Hi I am a some might say 'noob' but I have been playing for two weeks and I am level 25 and I would like some advice! This advice is on how to get armours. At the moment I have a lot of 1 stars, a couple of 2 stars and 1 3 star. My problem is that I can't get any more 3 stars or 4 stars. I have recently (with the frog prince) been trying to get 4 star armours, and I came really close! I would like people (if they wouldn't mind) to if they do what this thread says, get nemisis armour, I would like if I can have your friend code, or if you don't want to do that, then give me some personal tricks :) thanks in advance

Brimstome
01-28-2015, 11:34 AM
I know how to beat the epic boss but how can you generate more heart drops or can you?