PDA

View Full Version : Do ANY attack/defense boosts actually work in PVP?

BigD@wg
05-06-2013, 12:26 PM
Ok so I was sitting here looking at my profile screen (boosted stats) and got to wondering what my current unboosted stats were. So I had a faction member tell me what they saw on my profile.

My boosted stats are approximately 40k higher. This got me thinking about my repeated losses in WD battles to players with approximately 30-40k less defense than my boosted attack (in the attack screen).

So does the "skill points" answer I got from support explain these losses.

Or....Is it possible that none of the attack or defense boosts (including those from buildings) actually do anything other than make your profile stats look better? This would explain the situation a whole lot better than skill points.

What do you think?

PIRATE JUSTICE
05-06-2013, 01:23 PM
Or....Is it possible that none of the attack or defense boosts (including those from buildings) actually do anything other than make your profile stats look better?

I think you've nailed it.

In fact, this has been my thinking ever since the INVISIBLE BOOSTS were touted for the "assault bear".

BigD@wg
05-06-2013, 01:30 PM
I think you've nailed it.

In fact, this has been my thinking ever since the INVISIBLE BOOSTS were touted for the "assault bear".

Seems like the most logical conclusion.

BigBlueNationAWC
05-06-2013, 01:48 PM
I've got 100 skill points for a/d when a 200,000 guy attacked me, I won (I have approx 140,000 a/d) When I went back to kick his ass, I won again.