PDA

View Full Version : GREE did you just really schedule Chinatown the same weekend as MW 2 weeks from now?

groovdog
05-06-2013, 12:18 PM
Are you crazy? Fix it or I am done paying in all three games. Frankly I should thank you for ending my addiction. Where else would a crack dealer OD their customers. Only Gree(d).

Joaquim Returns
05-06-2013, 12:18 PM
Yes they did.

Bala82
05-06-2013, 12:19 PM
You do know not everyone plays all the games?

Joaquim Returns
05-06-2013, 12:21 PM
You do know not everyone plays all the games?

Do you play all the games, Bala?

groovdog
05-06-2013, 12:22 PM
You do know not everyone plays all the games?Yes but many of their biggest spenders do. And it doesnt matter. Why compress the cycle anyways. If they want every 2 weeks I will stop for a different reason.

BigMoney
05-06-2013, 12:22 PM
Uhh... what event is Chinatown?

groovdog
05-06-2013, 12:23 PM
Uhh... what event is Chinatown?The one that starts a week from Friday? :)

tehlolkid
05-06-2013, 12:24 PM
I think they will change dates.

Bala82
05-06-2013, 12:45 PM

Nope i don't but since i am in camping syndicate it wouldn't really bother me if i did - I am only intrested in doing boss events.

Cluff
05-06-2013, 12:48 PM
If the next battle really starts on 5/17.. I will not spend a dollar on gold.. my credit card is still burning up.. c'mon gree

BigMoney
05-06-2013, 12:53 PM
Perhaps my dataset hasn't updated, since I still see the old items under "rewards", but the names/bonuses for them changed to Chinatown things. 1st place gets "5% More Alliance Attack"-- what the hell is that?

Poopenshire
05-06-2013, 12:55 PM

Please tell me this is a joke account!

Bala82
05-06-2013, 12:56 PM
5 % Mafia attack person got confused with MW rival are called Alliance in MW.

[FwD] J1M H3N50N
05-06-2013, 12:56 PM
im curious about that one also

Joaquim Returns
05-06-2013, 01:02 PM
Please tell me this is a joke account!

Poop, long time no see. How's it going?

[CM]]forgetaboutit
05-06-2013, 01:07 PM
Perhaps my dataset hasn't updated, since I still see the old items under "rewards", but the names/bonuses for them changed to Chinatown things. 1st place gets "5% More Alliance Attack"-- what the hell is that?

Works with the #3 prize in the last Battle

panty sniffer
05-06-2013, 01:12 PM
My syn leader will have the same issue. Hope they change the date. His MW takes priority I think. Both time and gold problem.

Gree is kicking themselves in the nuts with this. People are more likely to choose one or the other rather than both or all three games to focus on. Your attention can only be in one place at a time even if you are a good multi-tasker.

Master Stormzs
05-06-2013, 01:26 PM
As long as we keep spending like sheep, Gree will keep making the times between events shorter.
Lol, I'm waiting for them to make events only a few hours long, followed by Battles for Empire City every other day..Come on Gree you can really milk the players that way..your quarterly profits will soar like never before!
Sorry, couldn't help myself..on a more serious note; the only language Gree understands is $$ and only actions from the players will get through to them. So will you follow the sheeps or take action?

Rastas
05-07-2013, 01:41 AM
Most of my gold spenders will sit this one out as we have already gone over our monthly budget so we will most likely slip back in the ratings and have to make up for it in the following battle. I don't know why it was scheduled so soon.

bald zeemer
05-07-2013, 01:45 AM
Nope i don't but since i am in camping syndicate it wouldn't really bother me if i did - I am only intrested in doing boss events.

So you're hardly Gree's target customer base.

Anyway, my best guess at Gree's current thinking is that they want 2 events per month, one before the bonuses are paid out, for people to buy more vaults on, and one after, so they burn their bonus gold and hence need to buy vaults for the subsequent battle.

THQ
05-07-2013, 06:52 AM
A week and a half between battles is just too much, stop being so GREEdy!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

moocow
05-07-2013, 10:06 AM
One word

GREEdy

cooch
05-07-2013, 10:19 AM
Relax it's a marketing or executive test to see how much elasticity customers have in spending and doing it in multiple games. Plus single game players may spend more if they see a drop in ranks. Wouldn't be surprised if they don't offer a discount to drain gold or go with a 40% to force spending.

All depends on how many folks step up and spend...CC and MW are top 10 money makers in App store. I wait the results of this experiment. None of the threats of boycotts by players has ever worked. Only way msg would be sent is if top 10 actually stop spending for this event. Not going to happen!

archambeau
05-07-2013, 10:39 AM
Are you crazy? Fix it or I am done paying in all three games. Frankly I should thank you for ending my addiction. Where else would a crack dealer OD their customers. Only Gree(d).
I can't believe greed would do this to themselves. Many people play both. I have two CC members and lead all battles and my MW member was also a member but I left my faction because I am too dedicated to my syndicate and have been playing 2 years. I thought it only fair that the faction have time to replace me with some one that can participate as we were full. I hadn't been with them long. I've been with my syndicate from the start and I have people that depend on me to run the show. Besides the members in CC seem much more fun at battles. Lol! We have a blast!

archambeau
05-07-2013, 10:42 AM
They are sure going to lose revenue I couldn't buy gold for both my CC members in battle. I buy two vaults when they space them out. That's hard enough with the to games battles getting closer and closer together. .

daystardawg
05-07-2013, 12:11 PM
Relax it's a marketing or executive test to see how much elasticity customers have in spending and doing it in multiple games. Plus single game players may spend more if they see a drop in ranks. Wouldn't be surprised if they don't offer a discount to drain gold or go with a 40% to force spending.

All depends on how many folks step up and spend...CC and MW are top 10 money makers in App store. I wait the results of this experiment. None of the threats of boycotts by players has ever worked. Only way msg would be sent is if top 10 actually stop spending for this event. Not going to happen!
If That Is The Case They Are Stupid Managers. I Have An Mba And As Soon As I Saw The Schedule, I Said 'People Will Burn Out'

murf
05-07-2013, 12:13 PM
If That Is The Case They Are Stupid Managers. I Have An Mba And As Soon As I Saw The Schedule, I Said 'People Will Burn Out'

Did They Teach You To Capitalize All Your Words In Business School?

daystardawg
05-07-2013, 05:24 PM
No For Some Reason When I'm Typing On My Phone Here OnThe Forum,
My Keyboard Won't Space AndCapitalizes Every Word. It Works Fine Every WhereElse.

DaHoosier
05-07-2013, 06:12 PM
Utterly ridiculous!
Strike one.. Schedule for same weekend that an event is going on in another popular Gree game many play.

Strike Two.. Schedule event to start 10 days after the previous event.

Strike 3 ......

Gree you are very close to burning out your player base. It is nice to have the boss events, case events, LTQ etc. but now your trying so hard to cha'ching the cash register you are even overlapping events and cramming them together.

Sometimes less is more, you are risking burning players out and alienating them forever.

It is really starting to feel a bit like I'm on a hamster wheel, I'm starting to get a bit tired.

It is taking weeks now to to address support tickets, cramming in more events and adding more issues piled upon each other how can the support people have any hope of keeping up? I don't think you can hire and train them fast enough.

You guys have a good thing going here, but there is such thing as too much.

Bala82
05-08-2013, 10:55 AM
I think they are trying line up event with MW so when Next set MW event start and same will happen in crime city. I think sync the event together which is so stupid. They are try to see which game player will choose.

I have a feeling this is bet between Crime city developer and modern war developers and winners get a finacial bonus . Why else would this ?.

groovdog
05-08-2013, 11:24 AM
Already seen 5 600K+ MW/KA players leave the game and 1 mil+ WD go free after next KA event. All in the last 3 days. Good job Gree. To those players, you have won. :)

Poopenshire
05-08-2013, 11:32 AM
we have atleast 5 people in our faction who play CC and MW and KA are playing only MW. usually they score 500k points plus in each game, but not anymore.