PDA

View Full Version : It's A Nice Day Outside

Starling
05-06-2013, 02:02 AM
I'm a gamer and I'm an addicted gamer. Not just to MW but games. Video, Internet, card, sport, etc...But I really enjoy MW. I have made some cool friends like Blest, Durt, steveo127, BL Swagger, and many more. That is why I still play. But truth be told I WAS A GOLD SPENDER. Gree is a business and they are trying to make money. They have a good product here and i dont fault them for trying to get us to spend money on it. i have on my own free will chosen to spend money on Gree services. After Ireland, I decided enough was enough. I'm not rich nor poor. I'm actually middle class. So when I look at my receipts and see what I e spent on MW, I ask "What do I have to show for it?" Answer is nothing really. Hmmm. So I started to think about another game I used to play. It's called Evony. Both Evony and MW are maintenance games. Meaning they need you to spend time on them. Not money really but time. And lots of it. The more time you play, the longer it takes to achieve your next level of goals. We are impatient so we whip out the money to speed things up. We're competitive and whip out the wallet for that too. Now I'm not saying don't spend money. I'm saying be in control and spend wisely!

So back to Evony for a moment. I had some super powerful bases with huge armies and fortresses. I spent some money there too. But eventually I left the game. MW is its twin. Sooner or later we will walk away from this game. With nothing to show for what I spent my money on. Hence the free play now.

So spend/don't spend is your choice really. Time invested same thing. I just hope that when its a nice day outside, you go for a walk. I won't though, because I like to fish! See you at the lake or river!

Starling
No factions mentioned because this isn't an endorsement for factions but for you to consider your investment.

I am a cow
05-06-2013, 02:05 AM
I'm a gamer and I'm an addicted gamer. Not just to MW but games. Video, Internet, card, sport, etc...But I really enjoy MW. I have made some cool friends like Blest, Durt, steveo127, BL Swagger, and many more. That is why I still play. But truth be told I WAS A GOLD SPENDER. Gree is a business and they are trying to make money. They have a good product here and i dont fault them for trying to get us to spend money on it. i have on my own free will chosen to spend money on Gree services. After Ireland, I decided enough was enough. I'm not rich nor poor. I'm actually middle class. So when I look at my receipts and see what I e spent on MW, I ask "What do I have to show for it?" Answer is nothing really. Hmmm. So I started to think about another game I used to play. It's called Evony. Both Evony and MW are maintenance games. Meaning they need you to spend time on them. Not money really but time. And lots of it. The more time you play, the longer it takes to achieve your next level of goals. We are impatient so we whip out the money to speed things up. We're competitive and whip out the wallet for that too. Now I'm not saying don't spend money. I'm saying be in control and spend wisely!

So back to Evony for a moment. I had some super powerful bases with huge armies and fortresses. I spent some money there too. But eventually I left the game. MW is its twin. Sooner or later we will walk away from this game. With nothing to show for what I spent my money on. Hence the free play now.

So spend/don't spend is your choice really. Time invested same thing. I just hope that when its a nice day outside, you go for a walk. I won't though, because I like to fish! See you at the lake or river!

Starling
No factions mentioned because this isn't an endorsement for factions but for you to consider your investment.

You are wise now, let this be a lesson to the rest of you. Good choice starling come and play for free like the rest of us :D

ppownage
05-06-2013, 02:12 AM
couldnt agree more starling :) and being a free player really isnt that bad :p my stats went from 30k/30k to 72k/110k without spending any money :D

I am a cow
05-06-2013, 02:15 AM
couldnt agree more starling :) and being a free player really isnt that bad :p my stats went from 30k/30k to 72k/110k without spending any money :D

I agree theres no point in spending money now that the LTQ prizes are OP

WI(AusNz)
05-06-2013, 04:21 AM
This game has nothing on Evony. I was addicted to that game too for about a year (you were probably one of the guys who teleported their level 10 city to a vacant block near one of my level 10 cities and took both of them away).

Evony was sophisticated and employed much more strategy and calculation than this game (ie, whats my mix of calvary, arches, horses etc, i need to take out a level 8 city defended by level 10 walls, 10k pikeman, 100k arches and 20k warriors? oh yeah, should i risk my level 330 attack hero or send my level 50 politics hero? how many waves, is he reinforced by second close by city etc etc).

That game was way too greedy of time and you needed to be near a computer 24/7. The PC leant to a more sophisticated and complicated matrix. i was always amazed by the level of detail one could get immersed into that game and how much the developers had thought about it.

This game is easier on time and much easier to play. It is also much more forgiving. You don't spend 200 hours building up a level 10 farming city just for it to be taken by some cashed up cow in a matter of one hour together with your best politics hero. the most you ever lose in this game is a couple of great units.

While this game has nothing on evony in terms of complexity, I would prefer this game since you are not tied to a computer (its mobile on your phone) and 200+ hours of your hardwork cannot be taken away with a swipe of a cashed up cow.

Poppa
05-06-2013, 12:06 PM
Im done spending also. This what i imagine AA must be like. Ha Ha

Joaquim Returns
05-06-2013, 12:14 PM
Spending on GREE games is bad. Seriously, you're spending money to buy something that you're gonna spend a couple of minutes later. You're throwing away your money like that!

BigBlueNationAWC
05-06-2013, 01:44 PM
I'm always a free player and don't spend any money on anything. If you spend a lot of money on a game and you delete it, it sucks to loose everything.

LeBarticus
05-06-2013, 01:50 PM
Nice post, I've been thinking the same thing.

Bobar
05-06-2013, 02:00 PM
speaking out of my heart

jjm521
05-06-2013, 02:06 PM
Not to get all philosophical or anything, but when you really think about it, we all spend money on things that, in the end have nothing to show for it. Night out at the movies, at the bar, cable/satellite TV, etc. Its called leisure/entertainment. Its not as big a deal as some of you seem to make it out to be, if youre being normal about it. I guess if you go to the movies/bar and spend 300 bucks in a night, you may need help, but going out for a few hours to relax will cost you money, even if you have nothing to show for your "investment" (i hate that word when it comes to discretionary spending btw).

Blest@iBOB!.mw
05-06-2013, 03:36 PM
I have made some cool friends like Blest

That's right! He's talking about me snitches... :cool:

p.s. watch out for that "Durt" character... He's shady. :p

General Maximus
05-06-2013, 04:11 PM
I tip my hat to you Starling. You bring up some good points.