PDA

View Full Version : influence point question?

Cluff
05-05-2013, 10:05 PM
A guy in my syn thinks when two people attack the same person at the same time you get half points... so when you are getting 400-500 per attack then all the sudden get 200 it because someone else hit em too.. is that true.. personally I think its random

Killshot-CC
05-05-2013, 10:11 PM
I've had the exact same suspicion.

BigMoney
05-05-2013, 10:16 PM
I think it's random. I'm in a smaller syndicate where most of the players are just using their free attacks, and I've gotten the sudden drop to 200 way too often for that to be the reason. I'm fairly sure the points given are just random between some given range (e.g. 200-450 with no hideout and no IP bonus for someone of a much higher level, and different ranges for different levels of players, e.g. 150-300 for similar level players, I don't know what it is exactly, osmething like that), as over a large number of attacks from each of the wars (almost always attacking someone with a level way above mine), I always end up averaging around the same number of points per attack-- which is about 315IP/atk (no IP bonus). So random distribution (uniformly random perhaps?), tends towards the mean.

BigMoney
05-05-2013, 10:20 PM
Now that I'm thinking about it, 325 would be the mean of a uniformly random distribution on [200,450], obviously. The 10 point discrepancy could occur from the number of times I attack while the hideout is still up (usually my free attacks in battles against stronger teams) or the number of times I attack a player from a much stronger syndicate (that doesn't have any high level players weak enough for me to attack, forcing me to attack someone close to my level).

bald zeemer
05-05-2013, 10:22 PM
I'm positive that the number of people hitting them isn't a factor - every time FC plays Inds there's about 15 people constantly hitting Lupo, and he pays off good IP, consistently.

AFed
05-05-2013, 10:38 PM
A guy in my syn thinks when two people attack the same person at the same time you get half points... so when you are getting 400-500 per attack then all the sudden get 200 it because someone else hit em too.. is that true.. personally I think its random

Definitely random

PawnXIIX
05-05-2013, 10:50 PM
It's annoyingly random but the range definitely depends on the gap between levels.

Tony 432847666
05-05-2013, 11:00 PM
I'm positive that the number of people hitting them isn't a factor - every time FC plays Inds there's about 15 people constantly hitting Lupo, and he pays off good IP, consistently.
Just out of curiosity, most of ppl are names Indian in IN, how did you guys find that poor guy out.:)

Cluff
05-05-2013, 11:09 PM
So random is the concensus... thats what I thought..

bald zeemer
05-05-2013, 11:26 PM
Just out of curiosity, most of ppl are names Indian in IN, how did you guys find that poor guy out.:)

Inventory, stats, avatar and mafia number. It's actually pretty simple.

cooch
05-06-2013, 12:17 AM
Inventory, stats, avatar and mafia number. It's actually pretty simple.

I've noticed a decrease in pts given this war consistently. Sometimes I need to alternate between 2-3 targets to keep pt total high What is random is the pt awards for attacking the nerfed/neutered hackers.

Ben Weston
05-06-2013, 03:52 AM
how are you guys getting so many IP per hit? my att is 100k and even if I hit someone at 95k or above I only get 100-150 IP with the hideout active. the most I've ever got is about 350 even with hideout down but that's super rare!! attacking rivals with around half my att points normally gets me around 50 IP.

sister morphine
05-06-2013, 03:59 AM
how are you guys getting so many IP per hit? my att is 100k and even if I hit someone at 95k or above I only get 100-150 IP with the hideout active. the most I've ever got is about 350 even with hideout down but that's super rare!! attacking rivals with around half my att points normally gets me around 50 IP.
You answered your own question. Destroy the hideout first. Even for mostly free players it's worth everybody buying a little gold to do that, unless the hideout level is so high it would take too many hits to make it worthwhile for you. But having a consistently good turnout from your syndicate members spreads the burden.

bald zeemer
05-06-2013, 04:01 AM
It's level differential, not stats, that determine IP.

I've previously gotten mid-500s off a sub-100k stat player - because I had a 40+ level differential.

Ben Weston
05-06-2013, 04:07 AM
ahhh, I thought it was stats that made the change not level!! awesome then, i'm 213 :(

Ben Weston
05-06-2013, 04:10 AM
as a test I just hit a 212 and got 113 IP, this is yet another reason campers are winning and gree should address this, it should be based on stat differential rather than level as this is far fairer.

BigMoney
05-06-2013, 04:41 AM
I've noticed a decrease in pts given this war consistently. Sometimes I need to alternate between 2-3 targets to keep pt total high What is random is the pt awards for attacking the nerfed/neutered hackers.

What you're doing amounts to no more than superstition. Go ahead, find two targets the same number of levels above you, and keep track of the IP you gain from each of them. The more you attack, the closer to an average number you're going to get, no matter what order you hit the opponents in.

Test123
05-06-2013, 04:53 AM
I have absolutely no opinion on this subject whatsoever, but hopefully I can now start creating threads.

Sorry for the interruption.

Carry on.

bald zeemer
05-06-2013, 04:54 AM
as a test I just hit a 212 and got 113 IP, this is yet another reason campers are winning and gree should address this, it should be based on stat differential rather than level as this is far fairer.

If it were based on stat differential then no top player would be able to score anything even vaguely worthwhile.

How on earth would a team like FC, with 10+ million-attack-club players get points?

blubb
05-06-2013, 07:33 AM
There must be another Factor too...
I attacked with my Camper (LvL 44) a Guy (LvL 153!!), also 109LvLs!! above me, and got 4 Times 250 - 300 IPs.
(yes, the Hideout was down!)

Cluff
05-06-2013, 07:48 AM

dont attack with the wall up so dont know how many points I would get there.. but with wall down I only attack lvl 205 or higher (I am lvl 190).. this gets me 350-450 points pretty consistantly.. with a random 200s amount thrown in for good measure

Dipstik
05-06-2013, 08:20 AM
I have absolutely no opinion on this subject whatsoever, but hopefully I can now start creating threads.

Carry on.

Best... post... evar!

sister morphine
05-06-2013, 08:30 AM
Best... post... evar!
Lol, hope his threads will be as good

Kidkiller
05-06-2013, 09:43 AM
Level gap is the thing to look for. The more level you got below the target the higher yield are the IP point . I'm only lvl 65 with 47.6k attack and just look to my sig . And I just do couple high yielding battle. With lvl 100 to 250 to bash (strangely I'm impressed at such level they couldn't have higher def than my attack) got a median range of 350IP per shot.

hawkeye_9
05-06-2013, 10:39 AM

Carry on.

Test, I hope you won't mind if I use this line a couple times myself! Well played.

-Hawkeye

Test123
05-07-2013, 06:34 AM
Test, I hope you won't mind if I use this line a couple times myself! Well played.

Knock yourself out! All royalties gratefully received.

Lol, hope his threads will be as good

I wouldn't hold my breath if was you.

Ben Weston
05-07-2013, 07:49 AM
If it were based on stat differential then no top player would be able to score anything even vaguely worthwhile.

How on earth would a team like FC, with 10+ million-attack-club players get points?

it would make zero difference to FC at all, you currently score low points due to being high level players anyway but you make up for by throwing impossible amounts of gold at the game.

all the current system does is encourage camping further, skill comes into play more by matching yourself against other players of equal strength rather than low stat/high level players that offer absolutely no challenge what so ever.