PDA

View Full Version : Syndicate Moles

dbell525
05-05-2013, 06:03 PM
What do you guys do with moles that decide midway through to start causing trouble. One guy starts announcing that he's going to declare battle intentionally immediately following existing battle just to f the team. Any creative ideas how to handle?

cheesy
05-05-2013, 06:07 PM
What do you guys do with moles that decide midway through to start causing trouble. One guy starts announcing that he's going to declare battle intentionally immediately following existing battle just to f the team. Any creative ideas how to handle?

Make sure your whole syndicate knows not to fight in the battles he starts.
Declare a new one as soon as that battle ends. I've had the same problem before.

Davidmoneysnow
05-05-2013, 06:07 PM
After the war is over, just flat out kick that person off the syndicate. If the person is making the first, second, or third most battle points during war, keep him. But if he isn't 1st, 2nd, or 3th, kick that player out.

cheesy
05-05-2013, 06:13 PM
After the war is over, just flat out kick that person off the syndicate. If the person is making the first, second, or third most battle points during war, keep him. But if he isn't 1st, 2nd, or 3th, kick that player out.

Really?
If this person is intentionally screwing with your team don't keep them under any circumstances.

GODZ WRAITH
05-05-2013, 06:15 PM
Kick him straight after war!! Whats the point of keeping him if he keeps screwing you guys up

Alice
05-05-2013, 06:16 PM
Maybe you should announce the name publicly here, so that no other syndicate would ever accept him.

Killshot-CC
05-05-2013, 06:21 PM
If the person is making the first, second, or third most battle points during war, keep him.

That is awful advice. Happy teammates make good teammates. Boot the poisoned apple as soon as the war ends.

cheesy
05-05-2013, 06:21 PM
Maybe you should announce the name publicly here, so that no other syndicate would ever accept him.

Admin generally frowns on public shaming. Prepare a new profile for yourself if you choose to do this.

Lonestoner
05-05-2013, 06:35 PM
Admin generally frowns on public shaming. Prepare a new profile for yourself if you choose to do this.

Typically that's referring to cheating.. Not sure if he would do anything since it's just a player essentially trolling their syndicate. Listing his name without level and such should be sufficient enough to get word out without giving away enough info to warrant a ban.

Either way, making a second account is bannable too, so not really the best suggestion.. Martyr yourself, risk getting the ban, and ride it out for the 3 days it'll probably last if it does happen. Another syndicate will thank you for it later on. :)

dbell525
05-05-2013, 06:59 PM
I was thinking of trying to keep him on to cut him at the last possible second before next battle. Obvious risk is the roster spot i lose. His name is JT307.

cheesy
05-05-2013, 07:03 PM
I was thinking of trying to keep him on to cut him at the last possible second before next battle. Obvious risk is the roster spot i lose. His name is JT307.

Why keep him?

reesebutton
05-05-2013, 09:29 PM

what's the point in that? if you plan to cut him, do it early and you have time to search for an active replacement.

unless you're planning to squeeze him to repay donations. but i'd just drop him if he's just a passenger.

mxz
05-05-2013, 09:56 PM
The only real harm in declaring immediately after is the loss of a fort. Your virtual fort is useless, anyway (just another way to make you pay for more hits, don't let anyone tell you differently).

Stop buying forts and the problem solves itself. :)

BigMoney
05-05-2013, 09:58 PM
what's the point in that? if you plan to cut him, do it early and you have time to search for an active replacement.

unless you're planning to squeeze him to repay donations. but i'd just drop him if he's just a passenger.

I'm guessing he's trying to give the player a false sense of security about his status in the syndicate, only to cut him moments before the battle starts so that he will be unable to find a new syndicate in time.

reesebutton
05-05-2013, 10:16 PM
The only real harm in declaring immediately after is the loss of a fort. Your virtual fort is useless, anyway (just another way to make you pay for more hits, don't let anyone tell you differently).

Stop buying forts and the problem solves itself. :)

Another cost would be the defensive explosives lost by members who get attacked during the false-battle.

Munch on it
05-05-2013, 11:09 PM
Kick them before the prizes are awarded I know a guy that done this to a few people last war, they weren't happy about it lol

reesebutton
05-05-2013, 11:21 PM
Kick them before the prizes are awarded I know a guy that done this to a few people last war, they weren't happy about it lol

you mean kick them after the war ends (coz we can't kick during the war), but before the prizes get awarded?

didn't know that works. it'd be really great to prevent inactive members from getting the goodies.

bald zeemer
05-05-2013, 11:46 PM
You shouldn't be able to, and even if it somehow worked they could put in a ticket and will get their prizes. The possibility for abuse if this were allowed should be obvious enough.

the_brein
05-05-2013, 11:50 PM
Obviously boot the player. But I would also put the word out on him. Didn't read the post, but I saw silent assasins were offering their services or some such thing. Put a bounty on him. Ofer iTunes gift card codes.

Munch on it
05-06-2013, 12:04 AM
It does work and yes has to be done as soon as you can after the war or it won't work. The group it happened to on the last one was Five Point Generalz.

cooch
05-06-2013, 12:25 AM
You have two types of A holes. Ones that slack onto your syn...have the weapons to show their standing but don't do anything in war.. get kicked out and go for another syn. Kind of like a leach which is why so many syns are asking for IP proof after war.

The second was mostly solved with identifying the button pusher. Those tend to be malcontents or just too damn excited...but warned once and still doing it...malcontent. Drop them or you'll be forever stuck with a leach that bites!

Rastas
05-06-2013, 06:23 AM
You have two types of A holes. Ones that slack onto your syn...have the weapons to show their standing but don't do anything in war.. get kicked out and go for another syn. Kind of like a leach which is why so many syns are asking for IP proof after war.

I can't stand the leaches that just go from syndicate to syndicate without helping or using gold!

dbell525
05-06-2013, 07:07 AM
Sounds like I can dump him and have him not get awards. That is what I shall do. Thx. The theory behind keeping him was to dump at last second so he wouldn't be able to participate in the next one. He claims to have 5 different accounts that he does this with. JT307 is this one. Keep an eye out for him.

Dipstik
05-06-2013, 07:12 AM
I really don't understand the problem with people declaring war when you're not "ready." Why don't you all just fight 24/7? You'll know the fight will start every hour and you can plan accordingly. My camper's syndicate does this... they almost never fight and every time I log on they're sitting idle. A couple times I said "screw it" and declared so I could hit the wall 4 times and get a couple hundred influence points during the time they're doing absolutely nothing. They yelled at me for it. Oh well... the leader's a cheater anyway.

dbell525
05-06-2013, 07:51 AM
We prefer the recoup time to start the battle when everyone has their energy back.

daystardawg
05-06-2013, 08:19 AM

that sounds like a mole answer