PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone recognize this loot item?

DaHoosier
05-05-2013, 02:44 AM
Called the Colombian Defender 128 Attack 158 def looks like a vest

During our battles ran into a level 62 with 298 of these. He had like 189k def without any footballs, turkeys etc.
I found this a bit suspect and do not want to report anybody falsely. Clicked on Buy and it said it is a loot item. Would be hard pressed to think anyone could get 298 of any event item.

He was on what I think many here would consider a well respected Syndicate so hoping somebody here recognizes where it came from.

nytelock
05-05-2013, 03:29 AM
Crates maybe?

Fizoli
05-05-2013, 03:55 AM
I have many vest type items in my Armor inventory but no Columbian Defenders. I am level 191, been at this along time.

DaHoosier
05-05-2013, 05:16 AM
I got some new information, this may have been from the Escobar Boss event. Anyone have an idea how long ago that was?

Vito Corleone
05-05-2013, 05:16 AM
Called the Colombian Defender 128 Attack 158 def looks like a vest

During our battles ran into a level 62 with 298 of these. He had like 189k def without any footballs, turkeys etc.
I found this a bit suspect and do not want to report anybody falsely. Clicked on Buy and it said it is a loot item. Would be hard pressed to think anyone could get 298 of any event item.

He was on what I think many here would consider a well respected Syndicate so hoping somebody here recognizes where it came from.
There's an armor called Traficker Armor with a Colombian flag on it. But that was from the BOSS Escobar. Suppose this is something different then.

Polarbear
05-05-2013, 05:23 AM
Beta boss loot.

Ragmondino
05-05-2013, 05:31 AM
It's boss event. Report and move on. Player is completely legit. This subject and player has been done on here about 20 times now..
You think it's suspect report him. It'll just be wasting supports time.

Ragmondino
05-05-2013, 05:33 AM
And if you know what syn he is in why make a whole thread rather than talk to the syn involved? Would that not of been easier and quicker rather than trying to stir up trouble?

DaHoosier
05-05-2013, 05:33 AM
Beta boss loot.
I also heard this privately fom another source. How could Gree justify an active player with a bunch of Beta loot giving him a huge advantage for his level?
Would he even been accepted in to the high ranking faction that he is a member of?

Dipstik
05-05-2013, 05:42 AM
There is no justification for it... It's just poor design and laziness.

sister morphine
05-05-2013, 05:52 AM
There is no justification for it... It's just poor design and laziness.
Absolutely.

DaHoosier
05-05-2013, 06:04 AM
And if you know what syn he is in why make a whole thread rather than talk to the syn involved? Would that not of been easier and quicker rather than trying to stir up trouble?

Excuse me sir? I am not trying to stir up trouble. I have not mentioned which Syndicate this player is a member of.

I was sincerely investigating this, what other place to ask than here on the forum and it's very knowledgable player base?

Of course I planned on contacting the Syndicate involved as soon as I get the information on it's leadership.

I have received further Information that this was from sort of glitch from beta testing. I would call that far from legitimate. Sure maybe he did not hack, but this is clearly a distinct advantage for this player and surely for his syndicate.

Now if Gree chooses to ignore this or is too lazy to address it. This surely does not mean that the syndicate involved should take advantage of this knowingly. At least if they have any self respect or value their reputation.

A level 61 player with 190k attack stats is quite an unfair advantage with the way the battle points scoring works. I surely know which player on our team would be using our gold pool.

Someone from the Syndicate in question is welcome to message me with further justification. People are spending a lot of hard earned money for these events, keep that in mind.

Ragmondino
05-05-2013, 06:13 AM
Excuse me sir? I am not trying to stir up trouble. I have not mentioned which Syndicate this player is a member of.

I was sincerely investigating this, what other place to ask than here on the forum and it's very knowledgable player base?

Of course I planned on contacting the Syndicate involved as soon as I get the information on it's leadership.

I have received further Information that this was from sort of glitch from beta testing. I would call that far from legitimate. Sure maybe he did not hack, but this is clearly a distinct advantage for this player and surely for his syndicate.

Now if Gree chooses to ignore this or is too lazy to address it. This surely does not mean that the syndicate involved should take advantage of this knowingly. At least if they have any self respect or value their reputation.

A level 61 player with 190k attack stats is quite an unfair advantage with the way the battle points scoring works. I surely know which player on our team would be using our gold pool.

Someone from the Syndicate in question is welcome to message me with further justification. People are spending a lot of hard earned money for these events, keep that in mind.

You know what syn he is in, and the syn has a lot of high profile players in it. So it is very easy to contact one. You chose instead to start yet another thread on the same issue. You chose to make a noise about it first, then contact the syn after, purely to try and stir up a problem. Otherwise you would of Pm'd a syn member first.
Whatever you hear is not first hand, the member in question is also a forum member. Speak to Him. There are people here willing to tell you his name.
They are legitimate items, if you don't agree that's an issue to take up with gree. If you want info pm the guy personally. But it's clear you won't you'll just post more on here to try and stir up some more and try to get a witch hunt started.
Well played.

DaHoosier
05-05-2013, 06:46 AM
You know what syn he is in, and the syn has a lot of high profile players in it. So it is very easy to contact one. You chose instead to start yet another thread on the same issue. You chose to make a noise about it first, then contact the syn after, purely to try and stir up a problem. Otherwise you would of Pm'd a syn member first.
Whatever you hear is not first hand, the member in question is also a forum member. Speak to Him. There are people here willing to tell you his name.
They are legitimate items, if you don't agree that's an issue to take up with gree. If you want info pm the guy personally. But it's clear you won't you'll just post more on here to try and stir up some more and try to get a witch hunt started.
Well played.

Number one I have yet not seen any post in regard to this issue on here.

Why would I contact anyone in the Syndicate before having better information?

I do not appreciate your tone or insulting manner as to my motives.
I would not want to cause trouble for anyone unfairly, precisely the reason I did not post any names of the player or his Syndicate.

I would think your definition of legitimate is much different than mine. Large numbers of high stat items from beta testing not available to anyone else is not exactly what I would fair in any way to the rest of the players. If these were items anybody had access to with gold or otherwise then there would be no issue. But just because Gree made some sort of mistake or some programming glitch does not make it justified.

If leadership of the Syndicate involved takes advantage of this knowingly how is that fair or legitimate to the other players without this advantage.

A few months ago before Syndicates nobody really would of cared much. People spend their hard earned money for these events, so it should be understandable players are very passionate about these issues.

Maybe there should be another 20 posts about this, they say sunlight is the best disinfectant.

That being said I will make an effort to contact this player and am willing to hear the explanation. If I am wrong or this is all some sort of mistake on my part I will quickly come on here and apologize and close this thread.

Again no names have been mentioned purposely.

BigMoney
05-05-2013, 07:00 AM
[Removed for ignorance on my part, sorry]

sister morphine
05-05-2013, 08:19 AM

(CCK) Cam
05-05-2013, 08:24 AM
I might know someone who was a beta tester and he never had it...

mxz
05-05-2013, 08:47 AM
Here are some links to a few threads that mention this particular beta perk.

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?47016-Strange-inventory
http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?48887-Where-do-these-come-from&p=650586&viewfull=1#post650586
http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?41562-People-who-encourage-hackers/page2

Killshot-CC
05-05-2013, 10:42 AM
Why is it whenever someone questions clearly skewed stats, HTC members shout him down? The guy had a simple question about something that's clearly wrong and there are more posts are telling him to pipe down than addressing his entirely legitimate concern. Maybe that's why hacking is so prevalent when players who should know better chastise anyone for even discussing it. I had always thought we didn't get along, but we all saw eye-to-eye on the problems in the game. You've proven me wrong.

Ragmondino
05-05-2013, 11:51 AM
Why is it whenever someone questions clearly skewed stats, HTC members shout him down? The guy had a simple question about something that's clearly wrong and there are more posts are telling him to pipe down than addressing his entirely legitimate concern. Maybe that's why hacking is so prevalent when players who should know better chastise anyone for even discussing it. I had always thought we didn't get along, but we all saw eye-to-eye on the problems in the game. You've proven me wrong.

This is a subject that's been done to death. It's been on here a lot. The right thing to do, as we have done and so have you, is approach in pm first. If there is no valid response then do what you feel is necessary. And please don't pretend to care about hackers when SAS2 is rife with them. Why would players be worried about hacking, when they know the team in 2/3 will happily take them in?

BigMoney
05-05-2013, 12:31 PM
Now you're being silly. If a player has items from all tiers of a boss (the vast majority below 10 owned), but 306 of a very powerful armour item and 139 of a very powerful melee item - and those items if I'm correct not available to ordinary players at all - then there is an obvious problem.

I should say now that I know the player concerned and count him as a friend. He is not at fault here but Gree are for a perverse decision to allow retention of these items, especially in such huge quantities. The same applies to other players affected by this glitch.

Sorry. Should have put as a disclaimer that I wasn't aware of the specific player involved. That makes a lot more sense.

Swedevil
05-05-2013, 02:33 PM
The man came on here and asked a simple question. I would've done it the same way probably because you never know if you approach a syndicate about a certain member, if they will be honest. He didn't know. He also may not have known who the member is on here. What if he asked the specific member on here and they lied to him?
Now in this case, I know who it is and I don't fault the player. He, while testing, found a glitch, exposed it and reported it. What was supposed to be done. I don't agree with Gree for letting him keep the items and I hope Gree has some kind of notes on his account for future because be will forever get reported and hopefully doesn't get banned for even a day on a mistake.

DaHoosier
05-05-2013, 02:52 PM
I have received what I believe pretty complete information and am satisfied that the player and Syndicate involved have tried in good faith to address this with Gree.

That being said, this is just another example of Gree's apathy or possibly incompetence in handling what could be considered a signifigant problem to some.

I have have investigated and reported countless hackers, cheaters etc. This is by no means the 1st very odd situation like this, some being accounts being reset for big gold spenders, large gold bonus mistakes etc.

The customer base expects better than this, many of us are paying customers and will not stand for it for very long.

I hope no one is every discouraged from posting questions of this sort if they have a valid concern. But number one rule do not use names and do not accuse anyone of anything publicly without clear proof.

Killshot-CC
05-05-2013, 05:41 PM
The right thing to do, as we have done and so have you, is approach in pm first. If there is no valid response then do what you feel is necessary.

How do you know he didn't do just that? The only way you'd know the answer to that is if it's your team he'd have needed to contact. Are you saying the player with 300 of these limited items is in HTC Blue? It would explain why you don't want people discussing it.

He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.

bald zeemer
05-05-2013, 05:57 PM
How do you know he didn't do just that?

Apart from the fact that the OP repeatedly stated that he didn't, there is indeed no way he could've known that.

So, since the gold-hacking Kor has left SAS (of his/her own accord), you must be on the hunt for some new big-time hackers to fill the void, yes?

Dipstik
05-05-2013, 06:02 PM
"Gold hacking kor?"

Killshot-CC
05-05-2013, 06:06 PM
Good question Dippy. Please explain, bald zeemer.

Mistress Nikita
05-05-2013, 06:10 PM
who or what is a kor?

MattThomas08
05-05-2013, 06:18 PM
Good question Dippy. Please explain, bald zeemer.

An explanation would be fantastic. Perhaps instead...

Let he who is without a clue cast the first stone.

Mistress Nikita
05-05-2013, 06:23 PM
As far as I'm concerned, the issue of hackers needs to be discussed frequently, often, all the time, every day, ad nauseam. If we don't push the issue here, Gree won't do anything about it.

Dipstik
05-05-2013, 06:37 PM
Kor generally refers to Koralene. A drama queen with a hot nanny who trolled hard about 6 months ago and left. No way he's playing now, much less hacking gold.

Killshot-CC
05-05-2013, 06:43 PM
As far as I'm concerned, the issue of hackers needs to be discussed frequently, often, all the time, every day, ad nauseam. If we don't push the issue here, Gree won't do anything about it.

Hahaha. You echo my feelings perfectly, but with less controversy and with something better to look at.

PawnXIIX
05-05-2013, 10:43 PM
It's not brought up because the beta program isn't to be discussed.

One question - Didn't his profile name sort-of give away the name of the syndicate? Many of the members changed their names to reflect the syndicate name :p

Ragmondino
05-05-2013, 10:48 PM
Well yeah apart from the op saying he had spoken to anyone no I had no way of knowing.
Anyway, still got Solomon? The guy your own leader reported for hacking?
Koralene left of her own accord right? Cause again, there was no isse with her hacking. How about Todd? He get removed even though evidence of hacking was given before he was accepted in? Want me to go on?

Mistress Nikita
05-05-2013, 10:55 PM
One question - Didn't his profile name sort-of give away the name of the syndicate? Many of the members changed their names to reflect the syndicate name :p

I think I know what you're talking about here. And, if I'm correct, your information is so three syndicates ago.

PawnXIIX
05-05-2013, 11:06 PM
I think I know what you're talking about here. And, if I'm correct, your information is so three syndicates ago.

Three syndicates ago?

...and no it seems I was wrong, he was one of the ones who didn't change his name. Carry on.