PDA

View Full Version : 2leagues, heavy gold/light gold

Tito89
05-05-2013, 01:50 AM
every time i check the winners list on the world domination mission plan, its Pirate united nation all the way, that got me thinking. why not have 2 leagues for world domination. elite league for the factions like the pirates and ferrs emperors etc where they can slug it out for units and have standard league for the factions who dont always use gold, unless its given to them from funzio (like me). it would open up the excitement to have different people actually winning in their league than having a sure bet on the pirates continually winning over and over again. plz guys tell me what you think about this. thnx:cool:

Joh
05-05-2013, 02:07 AM
It's not a bad idea as long as everybody Adheres to the rules. What's to say that you have all the non-gold players battleing and one person decides he wants to buy gold to get the extra edge against everybody else, gree will not stop anybody from buying gold

Tito89
05-05-2013, 02:09 AM
true, true. then what about a cut off point? say the top 100 battle each other and all those below (which most are not heavy gold) fight each other?

manlikesam
05-05-2013, 02:32 AM
It's a very good idea , but it wouldn't work ! There would be factions that just stop using gold to drop into the standard league to win it

Mcdoc
05-05-2013, 02:54 AM
It would have to be a very strict rule - one gold refill from ANY teammate would automatically disqualify your team from the Free league. Then you would see some Top Talent (AND disciplined teams) make their mark on the leaderboard.

Big John
05-05-2013, 03:20 AM
Any gold spent and you would be matched with the big boys.

WI(AusNz)
05-05-2013, 04:13 AM
I love the idea,

i posted a similar idea in another post

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?53517-Greatest-Spenders-vs.-Greatest-Players...an-Essay-on-how-Colombia-should-be-Decided/page2

Big prizes can be reserved for the golden league and smaller prizes for the non-gold league. Everyone will continue to participate in the WD event as per normal (as gree needs to keep their revenue and pay their staff a wage), but this non-gold league can be in-between and maybe shorter duration.

It needs to be Gree sanctioned and administered no-gold otherwise, people will cheat with gold.

Instead of losing revenue for Gree (which the detractors will say the idea will never float), I think it would gain revenue by pulling more people to the game.

thunder
05-05-2013, 05:06 AM
It will never happen. Think of it from gree point of view. Lets have 2 brackets so we can lose thousands of dollars every event. Go to your employer and tell them you found a way that we will lose thousands of dollars every month. Good idea buy wont happen. You cant blame gree either they are here to make money just like your employer

a4194394
05-05-2013, 02:23 PM
No free players can win the best prize in a FREE play game. An always true basic commercial theory.

Ranger4Life
05-05-2013, 02:48 PM
There are prize tiers. That's as close to different leagues as you will get. There is no incentive for Gree to develop something that generates 0 revenue. That's just common sense.

Bobar
05-05-2013, 03:17 PM
It would have to be a very strict rule - one gold refill from ANY teammate would automatically disqualify your team from the Free league. Then you would see some Top Talent (AND disciplined teams) make their mark on the leaderboard.

like the idea, but we all know this wont happen

ant1greeny2
05-05-2013, 04:09 PM
Great idea!

ant1greeny2
05-05-2013, 04:11 PM
It would make it more competitive for "light gold) Factions as we would actually have a chance!

ant1greeny2
05-05-2013, 04:13 PM
At the moment, if you want to do really good, you have to buy gold, which makes it a competition of who's the richest!

ant1greeny2
05-05-2013, 04:14 PM
You should PM Sticky

ant1greeny2
05-05-2013, 04:15 PM
Maybe it'll be in the next update!

ant1greeny2
05-05-2013, 04:16 PM
That'd be cool!

Meta Rage Trollbot
05-05-2013, 04:20 PM
There are prize tiers. That's as close to different leagues as you will get. There is no incentive for Gree to develop something that generates 0 revenue. That's just common sense.

Mt thoughts exactly. It would also act as a minor disincentive for gold players to keep spending. A novel idea, but I'm not sure it will happen.

Tanner
05-05-2013, 04:40 PM
There's no way to express the amount of gratitude I've got for those who choose to spend. I really enjoy this game, sometimes too much. ;) So, I'll just say it again, THANKS for spending.

However, that said, this idea is so cool. But, I've got agree w Ranger & Bot, never.gonna.happen.

SO, what's to say we don't just see who can place the highest for FREE?!?! eh? I mean, why not? Why wait for greeD to change something that's never gonna change?

Let me ask this (pardon the hijack)

Tito89
05-05-2013, 07:02 PM
new thread with better ideas on forum, plz check it out!