PDA

View Full Version : How to detect a cheater in your group!

Justsimply
05-04-2013, 03:49 PM
So our syndicate and like most syndicates we come across a lot of "nerfed" cheaters.
Since we can not post syndicate names and their members names I have figured out the best way a leader and detect they have a nerfed cheater in their ranks. And if they care they will remove them.

1)If you have a member that has 100k plus defence but suffers a large amount of losses to No Gold Forever syndicate, they are a cheater

Actually that is all. We at NGF will always beat up on the cheaters. Watch the win/loss ratio if it doesn't make sense that a person with such amazing stats is losing a lot to us, it's because they have nerfed stats.

bald zeemer
05-04-2013, 05:06 PM
I love swimming in pools of irony.

*commences leisurely backstroke*

mxz
05-04-2013, 07:07 PM
100K stats, definitely the sign of a cheater. Good call, Inspector Gadget.

MattThomas08
05-04-2013, 09:18 PM

I have it on good authority those kind of stats aren't possible without cheating. Looks like NGF solved another one gang!

http://i.imgflip.com/1d6yd.jpg (http://imgflip.com/i/1d6yd)

TZora
05-04-2013, 10:28 PM
i wonder what are his thoughts about someone with a million defense lol

CohibAA
05-04-2013, 10:33 PM
I think the operative phrase was "but suffers a large amount of losses to No Gold Forever syndicate" as apparently, they do not have any players that would normally be able to defeat stats above 100k, unless the player is nerfed.

Then again, logic doesn't seem to be very heavily concentrated in this "pool of irony" so I don't expect most of the respondents to understand. Kind of like the gene pool, this pool appears to need more chlorine.

Justsimply
05-05-2013, 12:30 AM

I would guess you didn't actually read what I wrote. So try again, and ill come back to assist you if needed.
Nvm ill just help you now.
100k plus defence (could be a million) player that lose to everyone = nerfed cheater

BigMoney
05-05-2013, 12:56 AM
I think the operative phrase was "but suffers a large amount of losses to No Gold Forever syndicate" as apparently, they do not have any players that would normally be able to defeat stats above 100k, unless the player is nerfed.

Then again, logic doesn't seem to be very heavily concentrated in this "pool of irony" so I don't expect most of the respondents to understand. Kind of like the gene pool, this pool appears to need more chlorine.

You'll have to forgive mxz, his tongue is sharper than his wit.

Ben Weston
05-05-2013, 01:14 AM
or how about the guy has a hood full of level 10 def buildings so has a posted def of say 120k but a real def of only 60-70k(seen it myself). are they cheaters or simply victims of gree's flawed game mechanics?

discuss.

cheesy
05-05-2013, 01:17 AM
or how about the guy has a hood full of level 10 def buildings so has a posted def of say 120k but a real def of only 60-70k(seen it myself). are they cheaters or simply victims of gree's flawed game mechanics?

discuss.

Short answer is both

Fatherllama
05-05-2013, 02:03 AM
Short answer is both

Very much this.

PM for more info regarding glitch/hack detection. Thanks zeemer for the tip.

BigMoney
05-05-2013, 02:13 AM
-Does the player have a high number of five- and six-match scratcher items or multiple 40-boss prizes? If yes, it's a hacker.

For clarification, by "multiple 40-boss prizes" you mean the grand prize, the one you get for beating the boss 40 times (Payne's Naughty Nighty, Mike's Old Timer, Gold Standard Gun, Mayhem Mobile, etc). I remember the first time I saw someone with ~60 rares from a boss event and thought they were a cheater before I learned that, nope, they just spent an inordinate amount of gold beating the boss 300+ times. I had only gone up to a few after 40 before I realized it wasn't worth my while (paying X gold even for a rare), but I also didn't know the level 50 boss repeats. I just imagined he got stronger and stronger and thus 300 was impossible regardless of gold.

Fatherllama
05-05-2013, 02:19 AM
For clarification, by "multiple 40-boss prizes" you mean the grand prize, the one you get for beating the boss 40 times (Payne's Naughty Nighty, Mike's Old Timer, Gold Standard Gun, Mayhem Mobile, etc). I remember the first time I saw someone with ~60 rares from a boss event and thought they were a cheater before I learned that, nope, they just spent an inordinate amount of gold beating the boss 300+ times. I had only gone up to a few after 40 before I realized it wasn't worth my while (paying X gold even for a rare), but I also didn't know the level 50 boss repeats. I just imagined he got stronger and stronger and thus 300 was impossible regardless of gold.

Yeah, multiple versions of the grand prize.

CohibAA
05-05-2013, 02:31 AM
If anyone would like examples of what to look for in screenshots of cheaters, for reference, or has some to share, message me privately please.

:cool:

mxz
05-05-2013, 09:00 AM
The amount of self-congratulations in this is just epic.

NGF - we can't spot cheaters by their inventory, so if we can beat someone they must be cheating!

Fatherllama
05-05-2013, 09:32 AM

NGF - we can't spot cheaters by their inventory, so if we can beat someone they must be cheating!

Can you please direct me to the thread that you're reading that suggests what you're saying?

Jota
05-05-2013, 09:44 AM

Let me interpret this for you as apparently it's not that easy for everyone... NGF IS NOT A STRONG TEAM, therefore if we beat a player with very high stats it means he/she is cheating and gree has already spotted it. You are welcome :)

Tony 432847666
05-05-2013, 11:02 AM
Good call simply.:)

CohibAA
05-05-2013, 11:40 AM

Your lack of reading comprehension in this thread is disturbing.

Lame
05-05-2013, 11:47 AM
Is there any reason why players already spotted by gree for cheating are being left in the game/nerfed instead of just removed

BigMoney
05-05-2013, 12:42 PM
Is there any reason why players already spotted by gree for cheating are being left in the game/nerfed instead of just removed

Well, it punishes them by having dead weight, at least. If they had removed the cheaters as soon as they were discovered, a syndicate could have replaced them with a different account that hasn't been discovered cheating yet. The first match of the war, we matched with a syndicate using a blatantly obvious (500+ of every high level RP item, etc) hacker as their defense leader. But he was nerfed, so everyone was able to post big stats by killing him repeatedly. I bet they were confused how their player with monster stats ended 0-500+ after the very first battle, haha.

Test123
05-05-2013, 12:58 PM
Ask them "Are you a cheater?"
If then say 'No' then they're OK

(Sorry just trying to get my postings up. Got threads to start)

CohibAA
05-05-2013, 01:00 PM
Hunting and bashing these cheaters has become just as fun, or more, than the event itself. To be honest, it encouraged me to spend more gold, to find and get in more hits on the cheaters when they were discovered. I know the same to be true for a few others in our syndicate also.

So, well played GREE, if this is intentional. I was telling my syndicate how I was done buying gold after this event due to the rampant cheating and hacking. If this proves to continue, and they complete the backlog of reports, it does change things for me.

Justsimply
05-05-2013, 02:04 PM

Your witty remarks make me laugh. So logically lets look at this, how much of someone's inventory can you see when in a syndicate battle? Top 45 defence items?
Well actually I'm done explaining this to you, clearly your midset of a child has stopped you from being respectful.

cooch
05-05-2013, 03:41 PM
Hunting and bashing these cheaters has become just as fun, or more, than the event itself. To be honest, it encouraged me to spend more gold, to find and get in more hits on the cheaters when they were discovered. I know the same to be true for a few others in our syndicate also.

So, well played GREE, if this is intentional. I was telling my syndicate how I was done buying gold after this event due to the rampant cheating and hacking. If this proves to continue, and they complete the backlog of reports, it does change things for me.

I think Gree spent significant amounts of time trying to figure out what to do. Hackers are like weeds or rats. They multiple fast. So why not nerf them instead? They kill out the Respect hackers but now need to hit the scratcher and cash hackers. If only the next update they can put a L or C or some symbol on their hoods so we can attack them outside of Syn wars as well.

I would think that this also puts the syns, many in top 100, on warning that they will get punished if they continue to host hackers. It's obvious with DLs but hit and miss to find them in all 60 team hacker syns.

mxz
05-05-2013, 03:49 PM
Your witty remarks make me laugh. So logically lets look at this, how much of someone's inventory can you see when in a syndicate battle? Top 45 defence items?
Well actually I'm done explaining this to you, clearly your midset of a child has stopped you from being respectful.As a 13 year old, I appreciate your kind words. I wish my father, grandfather, uncles and brothers were as wise as you, Justsimply.

Justsimply
05-05-2013, 03:57 PM
As a 13 year old, I appreciate your kind words. I wish my father, grandfather, uncles and brothers were as wise as you, Justsimply.

Just call me Papa Simply

K-Dawg
05-05-2013, 04:50 PM

Bro no offense but you're just straight up ignorant. Here's a couple tips for you when spending your time one these forums:

1. Get over this annoying troll attitude your appear to have in your posts or you'll end up like Reaper (that's bad FYI)
2. Grow up because your only embarrassing yourself and making HTC look bad
3. Read your dam posts and stop skimming them then maybe you'll be able to understand the context of what someone's trying to say so you don't go and make yourself look ignorant.

reesebutton
05-05-2013, 09:35 PM

discuss.

Could be either. Then it's up to the syndicate to check out his hood to make a realistic assessment.

The tipoff from NGF is a good start.

If he's low on defence buildings, yet has 100k def and is hammered silly by NGF (who by their own admission don't seem to have the necessary stats to beat that)... well it does look fishy.

mxz
05-05-2013, 09:53 PM
The tipoff from NGF is a good start.The tip from that player complaining that they can't log into their account will probably come quicker, no?

reesebutton
05-05-2013, 10:12 PM
The tip from that player complaining that they can't log into their account will probably come quicker, no?

Yeah sure sure, that's if the account is closed by GREE instead of the current nerfing. But that's not happening, hence this thread.

Justsimply
05-06-2013, 06:50 AM
If he's low on defence buildings, yet has 100k def and is hammered silly by NGF (who by their own admission don't seem to have the necessary stats to beat that)... well it does look fishy.

That's not not what I meant, nor did I ever say "NGF members can't beat 100k defence unless its a nerfed cheater". That statement is not true at all.

kingofwale
05-06-2013, 08:50 AM
people... this thread isn't about bashing NGF.

what Simply stated is true. Gree has nerfed players for cheating, I've seen them, I've fought them, and god I love them nerfed. ;)

Brahmin
05-06-2013, 10:19 AM
Sorry I know I'm a little slow here but, nerfed means they're easier to beat than their hacked stats would imply.

kingofwale
05-06-2013, 10:30 AM
Sorry I know I'm a little slow here but, nerfed means they're easier to beat than their hacked stats would imply.

more like they show they have a stat of 200K def.. but you can beat them with your 44K attack.

Brahmin
05-06-2013, 10:37 AM
Awesome, they should do this to hackers in all gree games.

panty sniffer
05-06-2013, 02:30 PM
CAn anyone tell me (estimate) what the highest LEGIT def rating on a high level player would be? Say Lv100 and LV200?

Does anyone know the formula or percent nerf that a cheater receives from their apparent def stat?

Lastly, have only the cash cheats been nerfed or are other hackers nerfed also? ie. RP hack.

Thanks

LegalEagle
05-06-2013, 03:46 PM
This morning we were up against a syndicate that had a player showing 235k defense. One of our big dogs attacked him and won (and definitely shouldn't have), so we kept testing. Turned out that every single player in our syndicate (some with attacks in the 20-25k range) could beat him.

It truly was a beautiful thing. Kudos to Gree for neutering rather than banning. Those puppies spill coins like a rigged slot machine in Vegas, and make teams beatable that shouldn't be.

cooch
05-06-2013, 04:08 PM
So I posted thread on this after first battle as we faced a DL with 276K stats and gree responded to my ticket as well. A nerfed hacker has no def pts. We had a camper acct attack him with 300, yes 300 attack pts, and he won.

Still wish gree could give a symbol/code for us to attack them in/out of syn if they are still active. Easy and no choice but to attack DL but it would be nice to teach top 100 et al of allowing hackers in syn.

You can't tell me that having 6 or more lvl 10 big cash buildings, hundreds of each hi respect pt weapons, and multiple pick 6, 5, and 4 scratcher awards (like 3 of each) in your review of syn members can't be detected like current #3 team claims. These type of awards, buildings and number of weapons don't stick out like a sore thumb.....but hey that's why they are in top 100 and we are not. It's not just gold spend I guess.

BigMoney
05-06-2013, 04:10 PM
CAn anyone tell me (estimate) what the highest LEGIT def rating on a high level player would be? Say Lv100 and LV200?

Does anyone know the formula or percent nerf that a cheater receives from their apparent def stat?

Lastly, have only the cash cheats been nerfed or are other hackers nerfed also? ie. RP hack.

Thanks

I doubt there are good answers to your first questions, as I'm sure there are plenty (or at least a handful) of legit players that have higher stats than any cheater you can run into. I remember seeing a TYLER DURDEN somewhere around the 80s with something like a 200k defense.

No idea how the nerfing works. I'm guessing the just cancel out the effect of hacked items (e.g. turn hacked RP items to 0/0), but I really have no idea. This is based on the fact that I have been able to defeat a nerfed cheater while someone in my syndicate with a weaker attack was not. I don't know if it's because this hacker used the illegitimate stats to gain a huge number of boss items from recent events and those still counted, or his (likely hacked) cash items weren't nerfed, or what. No idea.

This might just be the exception, but it the final battle of the war today, I ran into a blatant cash hacker that most certainly wasn't nerfed (e.g. 500+ M1A1 tanks at level 112 despite having only 241 mafia). Luckily I won, but I lost some explosives, so I'm fairly sure that means they weren't nerfed. (My attack was able to beat their displayed defense, likely because of the low mafia count, so this wasn't a case of 20k attack beating 200k defense or anything). Perhaps the cash hackers are being nerfed too and it's just this one guy who wasn't caught yet. All the cash hackers I've seen nerfed so far were also RP hackers.

panty sniffer
05-06-2013, 05:34 PM
No idea how the nerfing works. I'm guessing the just cancel out the effect of hacked items (e.g. turn hacked RP items to 0/0

I think you're right about this though I was hoping that the nerfing could be calculated for syn battles. With a quick calculation ,we would know which of our members could attack the cheat and rack up IP.

This might just be the exception, but it the final battle of the war today, I ran into a blatant cash hacker that most certainly wasn't nerfed (e.g. 500+ M1A1 tanks at level 112 despite having only 241 mafia). Luckily I won, but I lost some explosives, so I'm fairly sure that means they weren't nerfed. (My attack was able to beat their displayed defense, likely because of the low mafia count, so this wasn't a case of 20k attack beating 200k defense or anything). Perhaps the cash hackers are being nerfed too and it's just this one guy who wasn't caught yet. All the cash hackers I've seen nerfed so far were also RP hackers.

The RP and cash hacker combined is definitely a hack. The non-nerfed one you encountered was probably a time traveler, an exploit rather than a hack.

BigMoney
05-06-2013, 05:46 PM
I doubt it was just a case of time-traveling, because I don't believe tanks are available for purchase at level 112.