PDA

View Full Version : Greatest Spenders vs. Greatest Players...an Essay on how Colombia should be Decided

steveo127
05-03-2013, 11:05 PM
Do you hear the grumblings about how, "we'd beat PUN, they just spend more money than us." or "The emperors just run a business...with that sort of cash output, we would win WD." For those fortunate (or is it, spending all of your hard-earned cash) enough to be in a Top 100 faction, it is common knowledge that what wins WD events is just money spent. It's always about money. Why should it be? This is a game, which is FREE to download. A game should not always be about money. Why don't we reward those who are simply the greatest players? Let's visit that topic, shall we?

Point is, GREE rewards those who pay, vs. those who are actually passionate about the game. Are the "greatest" players really the ones with the stats that are the highest, those who drops stacks of Benjamins on this game? Or instead are the greatest players those that offer Infinite Justice as PJ does? Or one who answers the questions of the many by making epic loot drop spread sheets as Maverick did? Or would you put your vote for the greatest player on Devin's name? His countless hours spent compiling information on LTQ events and then sharing this information with the common player here on the forums has allowed us to strategize in a time-based event (hence its being named Limited Time Quest...) and meant great results from this event.

Yes you can say that there are leaders of factions who help their members out by paying ridiculous heaps of cash to purchase faction bonuses for the group...But who is the truly more passionate player? Who is the bigger philanthropist? Is it:

(A) The man who spends spends spends, impressing everyone with his results and thereby planting a seed in us that will grow to say, I want to be like him: "more cash spent = more satisfaction" <------BOOO!!

or

(B) The man who liberates us of our shackles, removes our blinders, and allows us to once again think <--------my vote

Man conquers the Earth because of the power of our brains. So why don't we all stand back for a moment and start using it???

Here's a thought I came up with after using my brain. WD is solely determined by the amount of money spent. I believe this is a steaming pile of buffalo patties. I believe that instead, those who are the most passionate for the game, (those whom I suggested be considered the "greatest" players) should be those who decide WD events.

Why should a faction of 60 dedicated, strictly-free players only get a Top 1500 prize, while a gold-spending faction of 30 players may get a Top 75 prize?

Instead of rewarding money spent, let's all reward enthusiasm, and those who are the most avid.

Let's all join The Cartel, and be gold-free in Colombia.

Only then shall we see which faction is truly comprised of the greatest, craziest, most addicted (notice I did not say addicted to spending) fanatics.

What is the tallest mountain on Earth?
Everest you say? Incorrect.
Mauna Kea is taller, as it rises from the ocean's depths to a height 4,500 feet greater than that of Mount Everest.
Only when we level the playing field can we truly see which mountain is tallest...

Similarly, this is what we must do in Colombia. We must all level the playing field. Let

Such is the way Colombia must be approached.
Such is the way of he who releases his mind from GREE's choking clutch.
Such is the way of he who reads of The Gospel of Infinite Justice.
Such is the way of The Cartel.

Though this gift of insight may seem unintelligible and disorganized, please, for your own sake take the time to reflect on the ideas I have proposed. Will you be gold-heavy and hide behind your wallet, in Colombia? Or will you be one of the greatest players, and take it upon yourself to protest for the good of all man (and his hard-earned cash), in Colombia? Will you fight for yourself? Or will you fight for your brothers and sisters? Governments derive their power from the consent of the governed. Together, we the people can rebel and take back what is rightfully ours from the dictatorship that is Ferr's Emp.....ermm......GREE!!!

Este mensaje es aprobado por El Cartel

Thank you; long live the freedom to think.

PIRATE JUSTICE
05-03-2013, 11:15 PM
The young man explained it well.

Sadly, most of you won't understand, because it's composed of more than three words, no pictures, and it's intelligible.

Let the two idiot factions fight each other.

Who cares anymore.

How many Ali v Frazier fights, or Ali v Foreman fights do you want to watch?

Ho hum, who cares?

Let Gree hold their silly WD, let the two dummy factions "fake" battle, have some real fun.

On Monday, their fake leaders will have exploited the lab rats for more moolah than last time. So what? Who cares?

Join THE CARTEL, sit this non-event out, keep your money; give it to your mom, your kids, your spouse, your dad, great yourself to something nice, or help a charity.

Attica, Attica, Attica...BOYCOTT THE NON-EVENT!

I am a cow
05-03-2013, 11:22 PM
This sounds good wonder where you will place in columbia

PIRATE JUSTICE
05-03-2013, 11:33 PM
This sounds good wonder where you will place in columbiaI won't place, unless everyone doesn't hit that button. If everyone refused to hit the button, we'd all WIN with a score of 0000000.

I am a cow
05-03-2013, 11:34 PM
good point

Arnaud
05-03-2013, 11:50 PM
No gold in colombia would be great, unfortunately, it wont happen for many reasons:

- some people dont have access to this forum and wont know about it (many players dont even speak english)
- some people dont care/disagree with the idea
- some gree employee players will declare
- some greedy players will take the opportunity to win
- there is always a stupid player who declares by mistake (although that decreas by magic since the faction alerts were implemented lol)

And i'm sure we could find many other reasons... Too bad though, i loved the idea!

Zach3432
05-03-2013, 11:55 PM
I said that once on a PJ thread and got chastised for it. It doesn't matter that some people will still spend, it only matters that a good many of spenders, from the heavy to the light, keep our cards away from Gree. That would also include not "gearing up" for the next war because of the 20% sale, completely away.

steveo127
05-03-2013, 11:56 PM
My friend, to you I say this:

If you must spend gold, do it for yourself. Be conscious Every.Single.Time. that you purchase Gold. Be aware that spending $1000 to qualify for a monthly bonus, is spending more on a game than you spent for the piece of hardware on which you play that game (Smartphone, phablet, tablet). Remember that YOU hold the power in YOUR finger tips. Choose to purchase gold only if it satisfies YOUR desires. Do not feel the need to do so simply because it makes your Faction's Dictator happy. Do not feel the need to do so only because there is a special splash screen dedicated to this new event. Do not do this for GREE. Do it for yourself....Go now, spread the word of The Cartel

No gold in colombia would be great, unfortunately, it wont happen for many reasons:

- some people dont have access to this forum and wont know about it (many players dont even speak english)
- some people dont care/disagree with the idea
- some gree employee players will declare
- some greedy players will take the opportunity to win
- there is always a stupid player who declares by mistake (although that decreas by magic since the faction alerts were implemented lol)

And i'm sure we could find many other reasons... Too bad though, i loved the idea!

kostam7
05-04-2013, 12:02 AM
I said that once on a PJ thread and got chastised for it. It doesn't matter that some people will still spend, it only matters that a good many of spenders, from the heavy to the light, keep our cards away from Gree. That would also include not "gearing up" for the next war because of the 20% sale, completely away.
Absolutely agree! we cant have everyone agree with our ideas. The purspose of this act is to make Gree realise that at the end of the day we have the power in our hands and we can determine which BMW their CEO will buy...

Mcdoc
05-04-2013, 12:20 AM
Ok - I read every word - so I. Confused - you seem to have 2 solutions -

1) let a few people from the forum decide who,the winner is - or
2) join the cartel? . . .

I didn't want this new discussion to get buried inside this thread - so I took my point to a whole new thread to give it proper discussion:

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?53521-The-Cartel-maybe-a-good-idea-if-not-for-.-.-.&p=740187#post740187

PIRATE JUSTICE
05-04-2013, 12:23 AM
THE CARTEL has no leaders.

It has only independent, owner operators.

No one needs to be told anything to affiliate with an idea.

Think of any idea, no one owns it, or controls it.

Being a libertarian isn't everyone doing one thing.

This is true with the cartel.

Do whatever you want to do, even give Gree your money.

It's your choice, not anyone's but yours.

We hope you'd choose not to give Gree a dime, but it's your choice.

King little fruit fly
05-04-2013, 12:27 AM
Do you hear the grumblings about how, "we'd beat PUN, they just spend more money than us." or "The emperors just run a business...with that sort of cash output, we would win WD." For those fortunate (or is it, spending all of your hard-earned cash) enough to be in a Top 100 faction, it is common knowledge that what wins WD events is just money spent. It's always about money. Why should it be? This is a game, which is FREE to download. A game should not always be about money. Why don't we reward those who are simply the greatest players? Let's visit that topic, shall we?

Point is, GREE rewards those who pay, vs. those who are actually passionate about the game. Are the "greatest" players really the ones with the stats that are the highest, those who drops stacks of Benjamins on this game? Or instead are the greatest players those that offer Infinite Justice as PJ does? Or one who answers the questions of the many by making epic loot drop spread sheets as Maverick did? Or would you put your vote for the greatest player on Devin's name? His countless hours spent compiling information on LTQ events and then sharing this information with the common player here on the forums has allowed us to strategize in a time-based event (hence its being named Limited Time Quest...) and meant great results from this event.

Yes you can say that there are leaders of factions who help their members out by paying ridiculous heaps of cash to purchase faction bonuses for the group...But who is the truly more passionate player? Who is the bigger philanthropist? Is it:

(A) The man who spends spends spends, impressing everyone with his results and thereby planting a seed in us that will grow to say, I want to be like him: "more cash spent = more satisfaction" <------BOOO!!

or

(B) The man who liberates us of our shackles, removes our blinders, and allows us to once again think <--------my vote

Man conquers the Earth because of the power of our brains. So why don't we all stand back for a moment and start using it???

Here's a thought I came up with after using my brain. WD is solely determined by the amount of money spent. I believe this is a steaming pile of buffalo patties. I believe that instead, those who are the most passionate for the game, (those whom I suggested be considered the "greatest" players) should be those who decide WD events.

Why should a faction of 60 dedicated, strictly-free players only get a Top 1500 prize, while a gold-spending faction of 30 players may get a Top 75 prize?

Instead of rewarding money spent, let's all reward enthusiasm, and those who are the most avid.

Let's all join The Cartel, and be gold-free in Colombia.

Only then shall we see which faction is truly comprised of the greatest, craziest, most addicted (notice I did not say addicted to spending) fanatics.

What is the tallest mountain on Earth?
Everest you say? Incorrect.
Mauna Kea is taller, as it rises from the ocean's depths to a height 4,500 feet greater than that of Mount Everest.
Only when we level the playing field can we truly see which mountain is tallest...

Similarly, this is what we must do in Colombia. We must all level the playing field. Let

Such is the way Colombia must be approached.
Such is the way of he who releases his mind from GREE's choking clutch.
Such is the way of he who reads of The Gospel of Infinite Justice.
Such is the way of The Cartel.

Though this gift of insight may seem unintelligible and disorganized, please, for your own sake take the time to reflect on the ideas I have proposed. Will you be gold-heavy and hide behind your wallet, in Colombia? Or will you be one of the greatest players, and take it upon yourself to protest for the good of all man (and his hard-earned cash), in Colombia? Will you fight for yourself? Or will you fight for your brothers and sisters? Governments derive their power from the consent of the governed. Together, we the people can rebel and take back what is rightfully ours from the dictatorship that is Ferr's Emp.....ermm......GREE!!!

Thank you.

Steve, you just join my list of favorite posters here. :D

KFH
05-04-2013, 01:17 AM
Like the essay, but isn't K2 the largest mountain if your including ocean depth? ohhh just googled it your right :)

steveo127
05-04-2013, 01:24 AM
no. K2 is in the same mountain range between the Nepal/Tibet border, as Everest is. K2 is slightly shorter than Everest. neither has its base below sea level.

and thank you for reading; the people must be told, their voices must be heard, big government will listen when the civil unrest causes drops in profit

Este mensaje no es aprobado por El Cartel, solo es aprobado por steveo127

Like the essay, but isn't K2 the largest mountain if your including ocean depth? ohhh just googled it your right :)

Tanner
05-04-2013, 03:43 AM
My favorite phrase here: "hide behind your wallet."

Noooiiiiiiiccceeee!

Mav & Devin have my vote.

Welcome to the greatest team ever! =]

Jacko99
05-04-2013, 03:56 AM
Devin, khimsoo and mav would get my vote along with Durt for helping to oust the hacks.

yankeefreak
05-04-2013, 04:16 AM
(Man conquers the Earth because of the power of our brains. So why don't we all stand back for a moment and start using it???)

How did you come up with that??? It might have started that way, but look at the world today, the biggest guys with the most money wins. So that doesn't even make sense. Here is a perfect example. North Korea vs. America. If a war was to break out, which seems like a certainty, who would win? Well the correct answer is America and her allies...but why? The North Korean infantry is better trained then the American infantry, and if you took away technology and went ground to ground against land forces, we (America) would get our asses handed to us, but thankfully for the fact that we (America) are the biggest bully, have the most fake money (just like Modern War), as it is printed on paper and has no real value, and are able to get other fake money powers in Western Europe to be on our side, the war will be won by the west. If you took away money and sat on pure brains and/or brawn, then America would not be a super power.

In essence your argument is weak. We have been in Iraq/Afghanistan for over 10 years. They SUCK as a military power, well Iraq had a decent military, the Taliban have no idea how to fight organized (believe me, I am on my 5th deployment), yet it has taken 11 years to come close to making a difference, and most of us believe we have not made a difference.

So therefore if it is purely the power of the brain that causes victory then we must not be very smart.

megaants
05-04-2013, 04:46 AM
The young man explained it well.

Sadly, most of you won't understand, because it's composed of more than three words, no pictures, and it's intelligible.

Let the two idiot factions fight each other.

Who cares anymore.

How many Ali v Frazier fights, or Ali v Foreman fights do you want to watch?

Ho hum, who cares?

Let Gree hold their silly WD, let the two dummy factions "fake" battle, have some real fun.

On Monday, their fake leaders will have exploited the lab rats for more moolah than last time. So what? Who cares?

Join THE CARTEL, sit this non-event out, keep your money; give it to your mom, your kids, your spouse, your dad, great yourself to something nice, or help a charity.

Attica, Attica, Attica...BOYCOTT THE NON-EVENT!

Lolol I understand his words more than your usual weird rambling

WI(AusNz)
05-04-2013, 06:28 AM
Like the idea but it needs to be government sanctioned. If not, human nature (greed) will always make some take advantage of the situation and spend gold. Why can't there be a gold WD event and a non-gold WD event were there is no medipacks? If they are spaced in 2 or 3 week intervals (one on and one off) gree makes their money and can pay wages with the "on" event and the diehards go at it with the "off" event (no medi packs). It will set the true dedicated players from the fake ones. Gree may actually suprise us all if thst was the case and win more of the dedication of some users.
We all know why we pay taxes and would agree that taxes are necessary, but if no one was looking, each one of us would of course avoid the payment. This is why societies form gov'ts to set the rules. My point is, a public cry for no gold WD event will never work. It needs to be an administered non gold WD event. Lets hope gree can find it in their wisdom to do this.
Gree are currently helping to write codes of ethical conduct for games such as modern war. Lets hope they hold an event that reconnects with the grass roots gaming rather than every event being about who has the most dollars.
Great post. You have my full support!

WI(AusNz)
05-04-2013, 06:30 AM
As a final note, a free player is more valuable to gree than you might think.

DanL
05-04-2013, 06:42 AM
If you really pay $100 or more to buy some virtual gold to spend and receive a picture that only serves one purpose and that purpose is a free game.......Then you, my friend, are pretty ****in' gullible. I might spend $10 on a event here and there just to blow some cash, but daaaamn. To PUN and the Emperors I say.....Go buy an ATV or a car. You'll get more fun out of it.

Rowdydowdy
05-04-2013, 07:43 AM
People will play there is no doubt about it. People will declare,and people will use gold. Not everyone is a member here or reads the forum. I have spent the past few days sending cut and paste info to allies to come here and read the forum.
I do know that Gree will have less players in Columbia than Ireland as a result.Maybe the ones who still play will spend more? Whether you agree with The Cartel revolution or not can you as a cash player say you believe Gree cares about the customer? Do you think they care about anything other than their bottom line. Don't be surprised to see more free Gold and other freebies that do not change anything as everyone gets them as that is how they sucker you to continue.
The Cartel idea may not spread to everyone or be embraced by those who hear about it. But it's a start. Read these post and look at the number of people who already support the idea. You will see that already a fair amount of money will not be making its way to the Gree accounts.
So whether you like PJ,me or anyone else who supports this idea you should at least support the idea that Gree should be accountable to the players and listen to them. Are you not tired of back to back events? Are you not tired of endless tickets with computer generated responses weeks after the issues? Are you not tired of the hackers and the repeated game malfunctions?
If you are tired of the nonsense,tired of the non response join us and sit it out. It cost you nothing and you save money.
If your good with how Gree listens to it players,ignores the hackers and ignores you when youve been beat by hackers then Play, it's your money.

Ninja_122
05-04-2013, 10:08 AM

If you must spend gold, do it for yourself. Be conscious Every.Single.Time. that you purchase Gold. Be aware that spending $1000 to qualify for a monthly bonus, is spending more on a game than you spent for the piece of hardware on which you play that game (Smartphone, phablet, tablet). Remember that YOU hold the power in YOUR finger tips. Choose to purchase gold only if it satisfies YOUR desires. Do not feel the need to do so simply because it makes your Faction's Dictator happy. Do not feel the need to do so only because there is a special splash screen dedicated to this new event. Do not do this for GREE. Do it for yourself....Go now, spread the word of The Cartel

Este mensaje es aprobado por El Carte

I agree n would like to think that a game like this can still b enjoyable to all to help us relax from RL issues without forgetting what is really important in life....family n friends. I will ask al this question: would you rather spend your hard-earn money on pixel and fictional game where u get nothing to show for at the end of the day or would u choose to spend it on family, friends or yourself, I for one can tell u I will with my family and friends. I believe in what PJ, Steve, Mav, Devin and many others have done for so many of us helping us succeed n get better at this game n still have fun. I thank them for their insights n many tips n countless hours of voluntarily putting together info that they willingly share with all. That alone is more wins than points can get.... Hence they r winners no matter how u want to look at it. Thank u guys for what you've put into this game n shared with us!!

El cartel seguira para Adelante!!

AeroTT
05-04-2013, 01:13 PM
(Man conquers the Earth because of the power of our brains. So why don't we all stand back for a moment and start using it???)

How did you come up with that??? It might have started that way, but look at the world today, the biggest guys with the most money wins. So that doesn't even make sense. Here is a perfect example. North Korea vs. America. If a war was to break out, which seems like a certainty, who would win? Well the correct answer is America and her allies...but why? The North Korean infantry is better trained then the American infantry, and if you took away technology and went ground to ground against land forces, we (America) would get our asses handed to us, but thankfully for the fact that we (America) are the biggest bully, have the most fake money (just like Modern War), as it is printed on paper and has no real value, and are able to get other fake money powers in Western Europe to be on our side, the war will be won by the west. If you took away money and sat on pure brains and/or brawn, then America would not be a super power.

In essence your argument is weak. We have been in Iraq/Afghanistan for over 10 years. They SUCK as a military power, well Iraq had a decent military, the Taliban have no idea how to fight organized (believe me, I am on my 5th deployment), yet it has taken 11 years to come close to making a difference, and most of us believe we have not made a difference.

So therefore if it is purely the power of the brain that causes victory then we must not be very smart.

You are saying money buys technology; but without the power of the human brain, that technology would not exist, leaving nothing to buy.

The middle East conflict can't be won for many reasons. Just look at how America declared her independence. Similar type of fighting styles except with the roles reversed.

steveo127
05-04-2013, 01:23 PM
Well said Aero...Like the Signature and the Avatar too!

You are saying money buys technology; but without the power of the human brain, that technology would not exist, leaving nothing to buy.

The middle East conflict can't be won for many reasons. Just look at how America declared her independence. Similar type of fighting styles except with the roles reversed.

kygiacomo
05-04-2013, 01:24 PM
I won't place, unless everyone doesn't hit that button. If everyone refused to hit the button, we'd all WIN with a score of 0000000.

Absolutely agree! we cant have everyone agree with our ideas. The purspose of this act is to make Gree realise that at the end of the day we have the power in our hands and we can determine which BMW their CEO will buy... why dont we have our own faction with just fun an no $ requirments..i will be the first to join..would be fun to have a laugh and not be under no pressure..sooner or later people will get tired of spending cash..it takes no stragety to play now only thick wallets

steveo127
05-04-2013, 01:34 PM
Hmm....

perhaps if GREE opens up about 50 more Faction Increase Size bonuses, for FREE, then yes. There are hundreds of independent owner operators of The Cartel now...

still, a novel idea! Though I am happy where I currently lie with just a REGular group of friends, I embrace your enthusiasm and will give thought to it. thank you for USING YOUR BRAIN. feel free to copy or create your own cartel avatar/signatures....

slave-owners made it illegal to educate slaves, for illiteracy was a key in preserving slavery. they prohibited teaching slaves to THINK and COMMUNICATE. that is where we derive our power, in communication. the people must know!!!

Go Forth and Spread the Word of The Cartel

este mensaje fue aprobado por El Cartel

why dont we have our own faction with just fun an no $ requirments..i will be the first to join..would be fun to have a laugh and not be under no pressure..sooner or later people will get tired of spending cash..it takes no stragety to play now only thick wallets

Defender11
05-04-2013, 01:38 PM
Who's giving me odds on a:
Pun
Emperor
Superfaction
123 in Columbia?

And what odds will you give me?

kygiacomo
05-04-2013, 01:39 PM
I won't place, unless everyone doesn't hit that button. If everyone refused to hit the button, we'd all WIN with a score of 0000000.

Absolutely agree! we cant have everyone agree with our ideas. The purspose of this act is to make Gree realise that at the end of the day we have the power in our hands and we can determine which BMW their CEO will buy...

Hmm....

perhaps if GREE opens up about 50 more Faction Increase Size bonuses, for FREE, then yes. There are hundreds of independent owner operators of The Cartel now...

still, a novel idea! Though I am happy where I currently lie with just a REGular group of friends, I embrace your enthusiasm and will give thought to it. thank you for USING YOUR BRAIN. feel free to copy or create your own cartel avatar/signatures....

slave-owners made it illegal to educate slaves, for illiteracy was a key in preserving slavery. they prohibited teaching slaves to THINK and COMMUNICATE. that is where we derive our power, in communication. the people must know!!!

Go Forth and Spread the Word of The Cartel

este mensaje fue aprobado por El Cartel well said bro..i know they will never get another penny out of me for pixals on a screen..

steveo127
05-04-2013, 01:50 PM
Odds? 100%

HOWEVER:

I have been associated with spots #1 and #2 in the past, and I want to make it clear:
I hold no contempt toward those whom spend their money. I only ask that these people think about what they are doing when they click that little button Every.Single.Time.

There is a difference between he who can pull $100's out of his pocket to pay for this game, and he who must forgo rent, utility, car insurance bills, and drive to the bank to take out a loan to pay for the game.

Both have the means to pay, but it may not be rational for the man who has more to lose to spend cash. One has the ability, the other must sacrifice in order to gain that ability. Regardless, it is imperative that both think.

GREE is a publicly traded company, it survives by earning profits to impress shareholders. I hold no animosity toward GREE. GREE has every right to survive and thrive as a company. I only ask that its leaders make their cash off of people who have the ability and willingly choose to spend their money. I find it criminal that they accrue millions of dollars out of people who do not realize what they are getting themselves into, and quite frankly can't afford the luxury to pay-to-play.

If you are a lawyer, entrepreneur, doctor, astronaut, or engineer with heaps of disposable cash at your fingerprints and you wish to spend that money on a game to acquire special pixel formations aka trinkets, then more power to you...

But for those of us who have been duped into thinking it okay to spend just because there's a fancy splash screen proclaiming World Domination, have your wife, girlfriend, husband, mother, cousin twice-removed, whoever, hide your wallet from you for one hour. And for that hour, set aside 30 minutes time to think about what you are doing when you click Confirm Purchase.

That's all that the Cartel asks. Think and make a conscious choice before you throw away your money. Thank you.

Long live the Cartel, protecting the freedom to think, and the freedom of choice.

Who's giving me odds on a:
Pun
Emperor
Superfaction
123 in Columbia?

And what odds will you give me?

PIRATE JUSTICE
05-04-2013, 01:53 PM
As a final note, a free player is more valuable to gree than you might think.Gree needs to feed the predators. But, we know GREEdy companies have deployed weak drone accounts. The lions and tigers must be fed.

Arj
05-04-2013, 05:24 PM
I like the idea but I don't believe it will happen.

I am a free player(apart from tapjoy gold) and have played this game for almost 1.5 years, never regretted not buying up till now. Once you buy, you are trapped into buying more in order to protect your previous purchase, terrible cycle.

I have considered buying in order to progress into a top 100 faction, still iffy if I will or not, I'm quite happy with top 250 while just playing for fun.

This games always has been about selling gold, they have just taken it to far with these world events. Why not just remove the medpack option(from the main event), people can still spend their gold on other events and buy more units, the best factions(by stats and not spending power) will win. People will be recruited into factions for their stats and not wallets.

Either way being a free player was definitely the choice for me up till now(partly thanks to maverick on this forum), but it is sad to see the games just all about spending now, you don't even see strategy posts or threads anymore.

I don't post on here often anymore, but I still lurk to see what people are saying and like some of your guys threads so keep it up. Hope gree loses this short sighted approach but they most likely wont:/

Arj

steveo127
05-05-2013, 08:05 AM
My friend to you I say:

YOU ARE ONE OF THE GREATEST PLAYERS IN MODERN WAR, AMONGST THE RANKS OF FELLOW COMPATRIOTS SUCH AS MAVERICK, DEVIN, AND PIRATE JUSTICE

Giving such insightful, thoughtful comments is truly helpful to all, and is as helpful for those on the fence about spending or not as anything is. Every penny saved for any individual who cannot afford to spend a pretty penny, makes all of my time spent writing these posts, worthwhile.

My last piece of wisdom I will impart on thee is this: it is never too late to stop. Don't sucker yourself into thinking that you're in too deep for you to go gold-free now. You always will have the freedom of choice.

Long live the Cartel; the freedom to think, the freedom of choice.

I am a free player(apart from tapjoy gold) and have played this game for almost 1.5 years, never regretted not buying up till now. Once you buy, you are trapped into buying more in order to protect your previous purchase, terrible cycle.

I have considered buying in order to progress into a top 100 faction, still iffy if I will or not, I'm quite happy with top 250 while just playing for fun.

This games always has been about selling gold, they have just taken it to far with these world events. Why not just remove the medpack option(from the main event), people can still spend their gold on other events and buy more units, the best factions(by stats and not spending power) will win. People will be recruited into factions for their stats and not wallets.

Either way being a free player was definitely the choice for me up till now(partly thanks to maverick on this forum), but it is sad to see the games just all about spending now, you don't even see strategy posts or threads anymore.

I don't post on here often anymore, but I still lurk to see what people are saying and like some of your guys threads so keep it up. Hope gree loses this short sighted approach but they most likely wont:/

Arj

Rough Neck
05-05-2013, 08:11 AM
My friend to you I say:

YOU ARE ONE OF THE GREATEST PLAYERS IN MODERN WAR, AMONGST THE RANKS OF FELLOW COMPATRIOTS SUCH AS MAVERICK, DEVIN, AND PIRATE JUSTICE

Giving such insightful, thoughtful comments is truly helpful to all, and is as helpful for those on the fence about spending or not as anything is. Every penny saved for any individual who cannot afford to spend a pretty penny, makes all of my time spent writing these posts, worthwhile.

My last piece of wisdom I will impart on thee is this: it is never too late to stop. Don't sucker yourself into thinking that you're in too deep for you to go gold-free now. You always will have the freedom of choice.

Long live the Cartel; the freedom to think, the freedom of choice.

...LIAR...

Agent Orange
05-05-2013, 08:28 AM

This is a rather interesting thought, what if nobody declared war? Then we'd have a 4000 faction tie. Would Gree actually send out 4000 1st place prizes? I kind of doubt it but it would be funny as heck.

But the big problem would be how do you police this. Well the answer might be rather simple. What are the odds that PUN will win again, sorry Ferr but that seems to be the reality. If that is the case what if only PUN declared war and anyone who broke the agreement got matched to them if they were the only rival faction available? Granted the problem then becomes wall hits come to think of it.

But if that were somehow factored out that would mean 1 number 1 faction and 3999 2nd place factions.

Sadly the odds of everyone agreeing to something like this is rather slim.....

Agent Orange
05-05-2013, 08:38 AM

Arj

I can't call myself a totally free player any longer as I spent $40 the other day on that last event. But the reality is for those who play for free or spend a limited amount on gold, you will never really get into the most powerful factions since it's now all about winning by spending large amounts of money.

I guess the question is, do you need to be in one of these higher factions? There is no strategy involved, no real skill involved either. Oddly I have to admit that some of these new events are rather interesting, especially from the standpoint of a free player. For example on that last 2 tiered event my LLPs were able to do quite well only spending a bit of the free gold that Gree doled out a while ago. In fact other then the units that gave boosts these events actually have much better payout then doing the battles.

You play nonstop for 3 days in a weaker faction to get a top 1000 or less prize while you could breeze through the other events and pick off much better prizes. I admit that team play is a lot of fun given the right faction however if one looks at the actual payouts it's pretty obvious how much of a WOT battles are.

So I guess that begs the question, why even participate in them if you can't hope to be in the top groups?

Rough Neck
05-05-2013, 08:52 AM
Odds? 100%

HOWEVER:

I have been associated with spots #1 and #2 in the past, and I want to make it clear:
I hold no contempt toward those whom spend their money. I only ask that these people think about what they are doing when they click that little button Every.Single.Time.

There is a difference between he who can pull $100's out of his pocket to pay for this game, and he who must forgo rent, utility, car insurance bills, and drive to the bank to take out a loan to pay for the game.

Both have the means to pay, but it may not be rational for the man who has more to lose to spend cash. One has the ability, the other must sacrifice in order to gain that ability. Regardless, it is imperative that both think.

GREE is a publicly traded company, it survives by earning profits to impress shareholders. I hold no animosity toward GREE. GREE has every right to survive and thrive as a company. I only ask that its leaders make their cash off of people who have the ability and willingly choose to spend their money. I find it criminal that they accrue millions of dollars out of people who do not realize what they are getting themselves into, and quite frankly can't afford the luxury to pay-to-play.

If you are a lawyer, entrepreneur, doctor, astronaut, or engineer with heaps of disposable cash at your fingerprints and you wish to spend that money on a game to acquire special pixel formations aka trinkets, then more power to you...

But for those of us who have been duped into thinking it okay to spend just because there's a fancy splash screen proclaiming World Domination, have your wife, girlfriend, husband, mother, cousin twice-removed, whoever, hide your wallet from you for one hour. And for that hour, set aside 30 minutes time to think about what you are doing when you click Confirm Purchase.

That's all that the Cartel asks. Think and make a conscious choice before you throw away your money. Thank you.

Long live the Cartel, protecting the freedom to think, and the freedom of choice.

...LIAR...

Domino_brown
05-05-2013, 01:25 PM
I'm so sick of reading this cartel bull.

If you don't want to spend , then don't .

If you don't want to compete , why play?

Group hugs are fine, but I still like a fight;)

yankeefreak
05-05-2013, 01:49 PM
i'm so sick of reading this cartel bull.

Group hugs are fine, but i still like a fight;)

boom boom!!!

GODZ WRAITH
05-05-2013, 04:13 PM
No gold for one war. YES GREE introduce that, we will soon see what Pun is like without gold. And that way it will be a good matched war!!! not PUN and Ferrs reving up those wdp points. Just make it for even one war. BRING IT ON!!!!!!

Rough Neck
05-05-2013, 04:17 PM
I'm so sick of reading this cartel bull.

Group hugs are fine, but I still like a fight;)

.....++1.....

Tito89
05-05-2013, 07:12 PM
http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?53658-2leagues-heavy-gold-light-gold-!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!refined-ideas!!!!!!!

this link could answer our problems of heavy spenders, if you think not i dont mind but the link above could solve this.

King little fruit fly
05-05-2013, 07:36 PM
No gold for one war. YES GREE introduce that, we will soon see what Pun is like without gold. And that way it will be a good matched war!!! not PUN and Ferrs reving up those wdp points. Just make it for even one war. BRING IT ON!!!!!!

Awesome idea, but it is not going to happen. ;)

PIRATE JUSTICE
05-05-2013, 07:39 PM
The addicts will do ANYTHING to buy MORE, not less gold.

jjm521
05-05-2013, 08:31 PM
So on the one hand, youre telling people not to spend gold, and a few sentences later, you propose that Pirate justice and Devin could be the best players this game has (both big gold spenders). Devins posts are usually awesome, but he spends a lot of money on gold so maybe not the best example when your main point was to reward players for something other than spending gold. Its doubtful Devin could do what he does if he was a free player. And PJs stats are so ridiculous that hes either a big spender, or a hacker....and i doubt its the latter. I pretty much stopped reading after that as the premise of your "essay" lost all merit in the first few paragraphs. Good effort though, maybe a c+.

steveo127
05-05-2013, 09:59 PM
Devin ONLY buys gold for LTQ events, to help other people. I've been in his faction. I know him, great guy. That's probably the best example of a selfless act that I've ever seen; so don't be quick to make hasty generalizations.

and if you'd care to research before you comment, you'd know that yes, PJ was a spending addict, though he went to his SA meetings (Spending Addict) and is now a better man. He is just looking out for everyone else; a philanthropist as well I suppose.

In conclusion, I think it VERY appropriate to have the premise of my argument be on the charity work of normally free-to-play people like Maverick and Devin, and the activist work that PJ doth do.

I give your dissection of me, maybe a b-

So on the one hand, youre telling people not to spend gold, and a few sentences later, you propose that Pirate justice and Devin could be the best players this game has (both big gold spenders). Devins posts are usually awesome, but he spends a lot of money on gold so maybe not the best example when your main point was to reward players for something other than spending gold. Its doubtful Devin could do what he does if he was a free player. And PJs stats are so ridiculous that hes either a big spender, or a hacker....and i doubt its the latter. I pretty much stopped reading after that as the premise of your "essay" lost all merit in the first few paragraphs. Good effort though, maybe a c+.

Rough Neck
05-05-2013, 10:11 PM
Devin ONLY buys gold for LTQ events, to help other people. I've been in his faction. I know him, great guy. That's probably the best example of a selfless act that I've ever seen; so don't be quick to make hasty generalizations.

and if you'd care to research before you comment, you'd know that yes, PJ was a spending addict, though he went to his SA meetings (Spending Addict) and is now a better man. He is just looking out for everyone else; a philanthropist as well I suppose.

In conclusion, I think it VERY appropriate to have the premise of my argument be on the charity work of normally free-to-play people like Maverick and Devin, and the activist work that PJ doth do.

I give your dissection of me, maybe a b-

.....LIAR.....

Bravo20
05-05-2013, 10:36 PM
I think you, Pirate Justice, and Steveo are the biggest fruckwits out there. The fact is you have both ran out of money and are both pissed at the fact that you cannot progress like you would like to. Unlucky guys you blew your wad too soon....it happens. How many countries in the world? some of us are just biding our time...a bit like camping really. When everyone has spent their inheritance, mortgaged their houses, etc a few hard core players will step up and it won't be 85mil for a campaign....keep spending everyone!

steveo127
05-05-2013, 10:46 PM
I'm a college-bound senior. since i downloaded this app, over a year ago, i've spent a total of $475...

PJ is a retired SUPREME RULER OF THE UNIVERSE, (dealing out infinite justice of course) and most definitely is no where near broke, LOL. oh and he happens to have the highest defense in the entire game. almost 9 million. try that for a non-hacker.

next?

I think you, Pirate Justice, and Steveo are the biggest fruckwits out there. The fact is you have both ran out of money and are both pissed at the fact that you cannot progress like you would like to. Unlucky guys you blew your wad too soon....it happens. How many countries in the world? some of us are just biding our time...a bit like camping really. When everyone has spent their inheritance, mortgaged their houses, etc a few hard core players will step up and it won't be 85mil for a campaign....keep spending everyone!

Bravo20
05-05-2013, 10:58 PM
he might be, and great for him..way higher than I (might take a few hundred years for me to get there) but the fact is you both have had enough of this game, but you have both invested too much to leave it. Instead you post to show how great you are... And Steveo, by your response and your little moving avatar suggest that perhaps you hook up with Pirate Justice? seems you are in love....

steveo127
05-05-2013, 11:06 PM
invested too much to leave it? I willingly choose to stay. I am not a free player, nor have I ever been really. I preach that I am a part of The Cartel, because The Cartel is all about awareness. Not asking people to stop spending, just that they do so consciously, and not get trigger-finger when they're clicking purchase, purchase, purchase...

and my avatar is awesome and yes you are so right; PJ and I are butt pirates together. happy that you're the first to know?

good day sir.

he might be, and great for him..way higher than I (might take a few hundred years for me to get there) but the fact is you both have had enough of this game, but you have both invested too much to leave it. Instead you post to show how great you are... And Steveo, by your response and your little moving avatar suggest that perhaps you hook up with Pirate Justice? seems you are in love....

Bravo20
05-05-2013, 11:14 PM
lol, Stevo! my hat off to you, a very good comeback. Again no hard feelings. Was expecting a rant...if you are a senior at high school going into University ,you are (if you say to be) going to go far. Good luck but please keep the Cartel stuff to a minimum....I think we all understand it and realize it every day.

Good day, to you too, Sir.

Rough Neck
05-05-2013, 11:15 PM
invested too much to leave it? I willingly choose to stay. I am not a free player, nor have I ever been really. I preach that I am a part of The Cartel, because The Cartel is all about awareness. Not asking people to stop spending, just that they do so consciously, and not get trigger-finger when they're clicking purchase, purchase, purchase...

and my avatar is fücking awesome and yes you are so right; PJ and I are butt pirates together. happy that you're the first to know?

good day sir.

.....LIAR.....

steveo127
05-05-2013, 11:22 PM
there's a difference between you disagreeing with me, and rough neck disagreeing with me. I like you, and no hard feelings. I get that it's pretty excessive...didn't mean for it to be...
started out with one message, then another. then it turned into fighting off idiots like Octavian and Rough Neck who misinterpret my words, and just having to reiterate repeatedly....

I sincerely say, I like you. not as butt pirate buddies, but as respecting you. good luck with everything :)

lol, Stevo! my hat off to you, a very good comeback. Again no hard feelings. Was expecting a rant...if you are a senior at high school going into University ,you are (if you say to be) going to go far. Good luck but please keep the Cartel stuff to a minimum....I think we all understand it and realize it every day.

Good day, to you too, Sir.

Rough Neck
05-05-2013, 11:26 PM
there's a difference between you disagreeing with me, and rough neck disagreeing with me. I like you, and no hard feelings. I get that it's pretty excessive...didn't mean for it to be...
started out with one message, then another. then it turned into fighting off idiots like Octavian and Rough Neck who misinterpret my words, and just having to reiterate repeatedly....

I sincerely say, I like you. not as butt pirate buddies, but as respecting you. good luck with everything :)

.....LIAR.....

Vballmadam
05-08-2013, 07:27 PM
Bro's i maybe gone due to the GREEdy, do not worry as i im in with you in spirit.
They may take away away freedom of speech but they can never take away the will of a HERO

Long live the King, I know i am missed.
Rivers of tears are flowing
All the snitches, Haters and developers you will forever have nightmares about me while your wifes and girlfriends will have wet dream of me.

I am the best there has ever been, the greatest.
I float like a butterfly and attack like a hyena

Looking a an Apple and liking at all these cheese i will be getting back. sweet smell of bangkok

The Cartels of Colombia will succeed and the GREEdy will be on its knees asking to kiss out pee pee.

oOh sweet smell of BANGKOK

Snitches will get stitches,
Golf is a snitch of GREEdy, sucking there pee pee hoping for free 100 fake gold.

Who are you and what did you do with PJ? Why are you pretending to be Him?

Vballmadam
05-08-2013, 07:44 PM
What did you do to get banned? How long did they ban you!

PS...lay off the cheap liqour...it's not good for you!

DME
05-08-2013, 07:45 PM
Who are you and what did you do with PJ? Why are you pretending to be Him?

They do say that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

Paddy89
05-09-2013, 05:00 AM
They do say that imitation is the sincerest form of flatteryNot always. Sometimes imitation can be to ridicule and some people really do need to be ridiculed.

ZDUBYA
05-09-2013, 05:34 AM
What is the best way to deal with hacks? We have had a few roll through our faction. When we find out they are hacks we quickly give them the boot but the damage has already been dealt weather it be taking money from other members or giving loads and loads of cash to the faction. We don't want to be associated with the guys to keep the integrity of the game (what's left of it!). I can say that all members of our faction have worked hard to develop their player and we don't want to be labeled cheaters!!

Thank you in advance for your answers.

Zach

yankeefreak
05-09-2013, 06:15 AM
I am the best there has ever been, the greatest.
I float like a butterfly and attack like a hyena

butterflies don't float they fluttler and hyenas are known for their cowardice...lol lol

ArsenalRiot
05-12-2013, 01:26 PM
While I understand your concerns about heavy gold spenders and its impact on WD Events, you have to remember the GREE is in fact a business, and must make a profit. There is nothing wrong with spending money on the game to boost yourself.

Simply stated, those who are spending gold on this game are allowing you to play. If suddenly heavy spenders left the game, the game would end for everyone. Be thankful for heavy gold spenders.

Besides, your over thinking this way too much. Go outside and get some fresh air or something.

vNastIER
05-12-2013, 01:56 PM

It would be pretty amazing if gree gave out 4000 first prize awards...

The logic makes senses and the servers would have to agree. 000000000 points across the board would equal a win for every faction.

DME
05-12-2013, 01:59 PM
Or it would count as non-participation, so no rewards at all.

vNastIER
05-12-2013, 02:18 PM
Or it would count as non-participation, so no rewards at all.
i like the other outcome better lol but I do see the point your making. Gree give out 4000 top prizes... lmao