PDA

View Full Version : A MUST READ Thread for people who are farming weekly boss.

Harvey Guo
05-03-2013, 04:56 PM
Well, I would make this post into three parts, divided by different levels of players.

Part 1, for Beginners (lv1-lv40, just in my opinion)

Well, I have to say the weekly boss is too hard for you guys.

Before what we do something, we should think about the cost and outcome.

For beginners, many of them may wanna get that beautiful stats boss armor, no matter what cost. They may spend many gems on that, ask high level players' help etc.

Let me show you guys the TRUE information behind this boss armor:

1) The stats is its +version, not regular version, which means when you pass the 15 stages, you can only gain enough material for crafting regular version, that means the stats is SUCK! and it is very HARD to upgrade.

2) The armor needs 200,000 to craft, if you use this HUGE amount money on expansion, or build great buildings (like training fields), you will benefit a lot.

SO, why do you guys wanna get that damn rubbish useless armor with many cost, even spend gems? That's totally a failed investment.

And by the way, some of you may like to add high level players fight for you, but you should know that the ally' power is depending on your level, which means your ally is so weak if you are in the low level, low power makes him extremely weak and easy to die... Thus leveling your knights' level is the key to stronger your ally.

Suggestion:

Feel free to play the game, the 1 to 10 stages can give you pretty good rewards, get them every week, use the armor and spend the golds on building and expansions, you will boots your development.
Even you can reach to 15 stages, DON'T craft the damn armor, totally useless.

Part 2, for middle level players (lv41-lv80)

Well, for you guys, I think some of you can reach to 28 and 35 stages, gain many useful rewards, few of you can even pass 43 stages to just gain enough material for crafting +version armor. That's pretty good.

However, I've seen many mid-level people who are chasing the +version armor with no matter cost (again like the beginners), spend lots of gems for buying energy, heal knights or even summon the damn monster in the summoning stones, 11 gems for damn 2 mats.... poor investment again!

Let me share some information behind the armor too:

The boss armors are belong to Legendary armor, which means it is the HARDEST level of enhancement. You may not get an idea on how hard, let me show you.

For getting +version, you need to craft regular version first, then make it to lv35, that will need about 1654 Enhancement Point, then you need to craft +version, then max it out (lv1 to lv70), this time you will need 5,080 Enhancement Point to make it.

Basic armor gives you 6 Enhancement Point(EP)
Mono armor gives you 10 EP
Snakeskin gives you 24 EP
2 stars armor gives you 50 EP
3 & 4 stars armor gives you 90 EP

Then you can see how many times & golds & even fusion stones cost.

Mid level really need golds to support your development, no matter on buildings, expansions or armors, if you waste millions golds on this damn lv70 armor, you may need 10+ days or half month or even 1 month to finish 1 damn armor, Poor investment again........

I believe some of you who cost lots of gems are regret now, find it is very costly and very hard to enhance, and your development is slowing down, right?

Suggestion:

Focusing on current development, do what you should do as a mid-range player do. You should know Legendary is for High level players, not only the so called level high, but need more golds, fusion stones and times. For you guys, golds and times are really important, DON'T let this damn armor influence your attention and delay your development. Even you gain the enough material, just keep it, no need to craft and upgrade it now, do not worry, the material will not disappear, make it when you reach to high level.

Part 3, for high level players (lv81-lv100+)

Well, I have nothing more important to say, but I should suggest you guys to focus on ONE thing:

WHY SHOULD YOU OPEN THE DARK PRINCE CHEST???

If you are rich and don't mind buying gems, just ignore this question.

If you are NEVER buying gems like me, so please tell me why.

For me, I open the dark prince chest due to ONLY ONE REASON:

I CAN PASS ALL 60 STAGE AND ABOVE (66+ ETC), that makes me gain the 5 BLACK KEYS to make me have chance to open chest next time for FREE.

Can you guys do that too? I know some of you can, but from the damage board last week, ONLY 34-36 people actually did that, If you cannot do that, why should you open the damn chest?

If you wanna the boss armor, you can do that without nemesis, 43 stages is pretty easy for you guys to pass, just hire 1 guys with nemesis or 2 guys with other armor is enough to help you reach the goal.

Thus, Make sure you can pass all 60 stages before opening the chest, otherwise, no need to open the chest.

At last, I will show myself to all range players (mainly to beginners and mid-range players)

One month ago, I just a NOOB, asking silly questions, making stupid mistakes, BUT I eager to learn and play the game rationally. I never buy gems, never chase the BOSS.

I can remember that the first epic boss I face is the Ten-Ton, I just make about 8 or 9, even under friends help, so I just STOPPED.

Then a week later, I found one of my favorite design armor, Hydromancer's Mantle, I pass the 15 stages and craft it, I'm so happy! But I know the stats are SUCK, and I need to pass 43 to gain the enough material to craft +version, but I'm far from there. I even thinking buy 200+ gems to reach that goal. But later I rejected that stupid thinking, that would be stupid and not worthwhile.

Then I keep walking, developing and leveling, doing free gems offers and saving gems, make sure every penny golds and gems on the buildings and expansions. Now see what I gain after 20 days:
http://i1255.photobucket.com/albums/hh630/frankkuo1988/1-1_zps5c0898c7.png (http://s1255.photobucket.com/user/frankkuo1988/media/1-1_zps5c0898c7.png.html)

That's the result of FOCUS & PATIENCE. These buildings make me 546,000 GOLDS per day:)

And today, I've played just more than a month, LV 120+ and I've ranked 5th on the damage board last week for the weekly boss, I've passed 67 stages easily and became 1 of 34 who finished all 60 stages. I've already maxed out 2 +version legendary armors and working on the 3rd.

I totally understand the physiological that many of you do not want to wait and see, but you should know that One Step back makes Two Steps Forward, your Focus and Patience will return many benefit to you. Do not let this damn boss armor to delay your development, that armor is ideally design for Madness high level players, not for rest people, thus feel free to play until you can easily kill that damn boss. Do not let the game influence your life and mood, take it easy, just a game.

I look forward to seeing many of beginners and mid-range players reach better results than me, and I do hope high level players performance well in both boss farming and arena fighting. Best of luck to all:)

Share a cute video of a hybrid London girl, have a rest and enjoy it:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjFP1KkA96g&feature=share

Raistmar
05-03-2013, 05:07 PM
+1

Nice read.

Harvey Guo
05-03-2013, 05:11 PM
Thanks buddy :)
+1

Nice read.

musizian
05-03-2013, 06:39 PM
Thanks Harvey, that answer my qn in the weekly boss post...
Got a hang of it and will follow your footsteps=D cheers bro!

Harvey Guo
05-03-2013, 06:42 PM
Thanks bro, I believe you can do better than me :)
Thanks Harvey, that answer my qn in the weekly boss post...
Got a hang of it and will follow your footsteps=D cheers bro!

Sir William
05-03-2013, 07:14 PM
Harvey, reading this actually did make me step back and re-evaluate my goals in the game.

I've collected around 220 gems in 3 days from offers and I was saving them for next few weeks worth of bosses but its a terrible idea.

I'm going to upgrade all my training fields and smiths to make it more worthwhile.

I appreciate you posting this.

+100

Dustin.
05-03-2013, 07:16 PM
By the way it's 200,000 to craft

busteroaf
05-03-2013, 07:26 PM
Wow Harvey, you got cute. +1 for new photo!

And good read. As William said, it gives a good "hey, is this worthwhile for me to do at XXX level" and lets people evaluate. Should I save up or spend every coin on chests to get a nemesis that may or may not be worth the benefit.

Thanks.

Zodog
05-03-2013, 07:35 PM
I would add that if you are going to spend 200 gems to open the dark chests 11 times, don't do it the first day of the new boss. You don't need the nemesis on the first day anyways, just stockpile armors to max it out on the second day. If you wait a day or two there is almost always a special deal on the dark chests. For example, I just got the new bonus enhancement armor, which I'll save for later.

Baobaoboo
05-03-2013, 07:39 PM
I'm a relatively new player to KnD, and really appreciate all the tips from the experienced players here, one of which is Harvey (and another guy I can't remember the name but he's got the spreadsheet and levelling tips in his siggy).

+1 to all of you helpful people!

Edit: found the other guy's name, RadLonghammer it is!

Conkilla
05-03-2013, 07:39 PM
Yea I don't understand why people do that. I never brought any gem and just level grinding And took my time with it. Now I'm about 70 with over 200 gems. I'm gonna get to 1000 before anymore upgrade. Nice post though this help a lot with people who just started this.

zhy
05-03-2013, 07:49 PM
I would add that if you are going to spend 200 gems to open the dark chests 11 times, don't do it the first day of the new boss. You don't need the nemesis on the first day anyways, just stockpile armors to max it out on the second day. If you wait a day or two there is almost always a special deal on the dark chests. For example, I just got the new bonus enhancement armor, which I'll save for later. true but with the new pts needed to max the nemesis u will prolly have a tradeoff anyway, if u get the nemesis 24hrs after the event begins, beside u max it out immediately, u will waste some energy cuz u might need more knight to kill a boss while u would have needed less if u had a maxed nemesis. so up to players :P

deathexe
05-03-2013, 08:04 PM
Hey Harvey, really good work on the guide, I've been trying to tell beginners and new forum member that all the time! XD I'm sure with your guide they'll reconsider when it comes to the event bossing.

By the way, when it comes to using high leveled friends, your level determines both their health and stats, not just health alone :)

Justice711
05-03-2013, 08:08 PM
Thanks for the guide & the pic. Is it really beneficial to upgraded all the armors & training fields to level 3?

Zodog
05-03-2013, 08:13 PM
true but with the new pts needed to max the nemesis u will prolly have a tradeoff anyway, if u get the nemesis 24hrs after the event begins, beside u max it out immediately, u will waste some energy cuz u might need more knight to kill a boss while u would have needed less if u had a maxed nemesis. so up to players :P

Yes, if you are going for boss level 60, or top ranking on the leader board, this isn't the most efficient strategy. If you are at the point where you are going to be ending up somewhere between 43 and 60, it is a pretty good option.

Harvey Guo
05-03-2013, 08:21 PM
Thank you all guys! Appreciate that you like my post:)

Thanks for deathexe's correction, I've edited my post:)

For Justice711's question, I would say yes.

For armor smith, top level will decrease 10% crafting time, pretty useful for people who often craft and upgrade armours.

For training fields, each level will give you 1167/1367/2000 golds per hours, you can see the top level gives much more golds than before, for 24 hours, it can give you 48,000 per day, 11 training fields will give you 528,000 golds, worthwhile to max it out:)
Harvey, reading this actually did make me step back and re-evaluate my goals in the game.

I've collected around 220 gems in 3 days from offers and I was saving them for next few weeks worth of bosses but its a terrible idea.

I'm going to upgrade all my training fields and smiths to make it more worthwhile.

+100

Wow Harvey, you got cute. +1 for new photo!

And good read. As William said, it gives a good "hey, is this worthwhile for me to do at XXX level" and lets people evaluate. Should I save up or spend every coin on chests to get a nemesis that may or may not be worth the benefit.

Thanks.

I'm a relatively new player to KnD, and really appreciate all the tips from the experienced players here, one of which is Harvey (and another guy I can't remember the name but he's got the spreadsheet and levelling tips in his siggy).

+1 to all of you helpful people!

Edit: found the other guy's name, RadLonghammer it is!

Yea I don't understand why people do that. I never brought any gem and just level grinding And took my time with it. Now I'm about 70 with over 200 gems. I'm gonna get to 1000 before anymore upgrade. Nice post though this help a lot with people who just started this.

Hey Harvey, really good work on the guide, I've been trying to tell beginners and new forum member that all the time! XD I'm sure with your guide they'll reconsider when it comes to the event bossing.

By the way, when it comes to using high leveled friends, your level determines both their health and stats, not just health alone :)

Thanks for the guide & the pic. Is it really beneficial to upgraded all the armors & training fields to level 3?

SoccerStud
05-03-2013, 08:26 PM
Very good read. I fit in the beginner section and I have crafted and made the last two boss armors normal version. Should I enchance those since I already have them or should I use those to enchance other armors?

Harvey Guo
05-03-2013, 08:33 PM
Very good read. I fit in the beginner section and I have crafted and made the last two boss armors normal version. Should I enchance those since I already have them or should I use those to enchance other armors?thanks.
If you want to keep that as a collection, just keep it. Otherwise, you can use them as material to upgrade your great armours :)

iisaiahc
05-03-2013, 09:10 PM
Great advice Harvey!

Harvey Guo
05-03-2013, 09:11 PM
Great advice Harvey!thank you dude:)

iisaiahc
05-03-2013, 09:27 PM
Harvey could i add you to my buddy? Would be great if i had your help! My code is XBB-RVX-HHV

Harvey Guo
05-03-2013, 09:32 PM
Harvey could i add you to my buddy? Would be great if i had your help! My code is XBB-RVX-HHV Mention first, i did not get nemesis this week due to bad luck.
A friend request has just been sent to you, happy hunting:)

iisaiahc
05-03-2013, 09:35 PM
Haha i saw the thread you made! 15 chest D:

Vigorous
05-03-2013, 09:45 PM
Hey buddie, did you constantly do the toughest or did you train on lower levels for exp? I'm making a change of heart and going to focus on just my one legend armor that I love to death and focus on getting to 100 ASAP. Not sure if there is a method for fastest exp ad what not.

Aradan
05-03-2013, 11:43 PM
if you farm snakeskins, that place will reward you more experience(depending on level and armors) then others. Im only level 66 and i farm that place, i take only 1 damage every hit and i have 420 hp right now on main, 315 on others, means i can fight that place approx 24 times with each follower knight right now which at minimum gives me 7224 exp with each knight, so approx 36120 exp with just my 5 follower knights, then i get an additional 32 fights with main which is about 9632 exp totaling 45752 exp every full heal.(THESE ARE JUST APPROXIMATIONS) With every level i get i get more hp meaning i can do more fights resulting in more exp.

This is what im trying to do, i just don't always have time to sit there and fight so many times, and when i don't have a lot of time i will go into the highest place i have open and go as far as i can there. Otherwise that method is great for leveling and getting a but load of mats for enhancing your current armors to help get you through higher stages, and stack on those mats for when you start enhancing level 70 armors as well.

but that is just mean, and it does get boring and tedious to just farm the 1 place over and over.

Slevinn
05-04-2013, 02:52 AM
Great post buddy! The best guides come from the most dedicated players.

edit: too bad I don't get that many gems offers, also video's don't work for me. 35 gems to upgrade is pretty expansive.

YawNeD
05-04-2013, 03:21 AM
Awesome post Harvey!
+1 for stickey request.
This should be in the FAQ :)

600RR
05-04-2013, 05:34 AM
Great post Harvey! Both yourself and Radlonghammer have been of significant help to myself and many others it seems! Hope to see you guys around for a while yet! Very beneficial to have such knowledge centres in the community.

I'm level 51 atm and i've only just learnt that my level affects my friends stats too! Learn something new everyday! I too was one of those people who bought chests for nemesis but can't get past level 25 lol. Just realised what a waste of gems that was. Time to upgrade all my training fields :)

Cheers!

Harvey Guo
05-04-2013, 07:13 AM
Well, I have to say you can only make a balance, if you wanna the fastest way to lv100, the only way is to farm at the top area you current explore.
As Aradan said, if you wanna both leveling up and upgrade your armor, farm snakeskin is a balance choice, although the exp is low, but compare to other material, snakeskin area is already higher than them, and by the way you can get many snakeskin to upgrade your armor, thus it is a good balance choice.
Hey buddie, did you constantly do the toughest or did you train on lower levels for exp? I'm making a change of heart and going to focus on just my one legend armor that I love to death and focus on getting to 100 ASAP. Not sure if there is a method for fastest exp ad what not.

Harvey Guo
05-04-2013, 07:17 AM
Thanks you guys, I'm glad that this post can help many people.

For 600RR, no need to regret, we all made choices, nothing purely right or wrong, we should glad that to find gems can give you more certain golds, rather than some randomly armors.
After you max out all your training fields, you can gain 0.5 million golds per day too, that's really cool:)
Great post buddy! The best guides come from the most dedicated players.

edit: too bad I don't get that many gems offers, also video's don't work for me. 35 gems to upgrade is pretty expansive.

Awesome post Harvey!
+1 for stickey request.
This should be in the FAQ :)

Great post Harvey! Both yourself and Radlonghammer have been of significant help to myself and many others it seems! Hope to see you guys around for a while yet! Very beneficial to have such knowledge centres in the community.

I'm level 51 atm and i've only just learnt that my level affects my friends stats too! Learn something new everyday! I too was one of those people who bought chests for nemesis but can't get past level 25 lol. Just realised what a waste of gems that was. Time to upgrade all my training fields :)

Cheers!

Kegelss
05-04-2013, 07:59 AM
Hey harvey, thanks for the thread, it helped me out alot.
Can i add you as a friend?
XBB WYC GVN is my code, thanks.

Harvey Guo
05-04-2013, 08:06 AM
Okay, a friend request has been sent:)
Hey harvey, thanks for the thread, it helped me out alot.
Can i add you as a friend?
XBB WYC GVN is my code, thanks.

Kegelss
05-04-2013, 08:10 AM
Thanks alot, i hope i can make it to round 28 next time :)

musizian
05-04-2013, 09:18 AM

+100

Hi bro, can i ask yo what offers did you do to get so much gem? I only did the video offers, are the rest works? some of the survey doesnt work as it never ends..

And Harvey, can i be ur friend too? thanks!
XBC FMG GMC!

Harvey Guo
05-04-2013, 09:38 AM
A friend request has been sent to you:)
Hi bro, can i ask yo what offers did you do to get so much gem? I only did the video offers, are the rest works? some of the survey doesnt work as it never ends..

And Harvey, can i be ur friend too? thanks!
XBC FMG GMC!

smee342
05-05-2013, 04:53 PM
ty Harvey. i appreciate the tips. i can get to level 15 and im level 42.

but i dont have nearly the development i should. ill be taking you advice and working that
instead of building this armor. ive used up a few gems getting level 3 on my buildings. thanks again

Baobaoboo
05-05-2013, 05:52 PM
Well if only more people read this thread... I still see plenty of low levels chasing the boss.

Now I do it just for the extra exp and gold, happy to say that because of all the tips I have 2 training fields and a half-levelled atlantean+ (still working on farming the rest though).

A shout-out to all newbies, do read the threads in forums IT HELPS. :D

Keymoe
05-05-2013, 06:23 PM
Been waiting for someone to post something like this for ages. +1 Harvey
P.S I always make it to the silver level but that's with just me and a friend with nemesis and sometimes an extra knight, I'm lv.96 with maxed out Sky Guardian, maxed out map armour(Hydra, Atlantean, and Crius) and a lv.57 Swamp Shaman and a lv.35 Infernal Armour. Full map unlocked 0/18 Dark Jewels, + I get craftable armor weekly using only 1 knight then start adding knights into my party. Reckon I can hit the dark prince keys?

Harvey Guo
05-05-2013, 06:25 PM
You're welcome:) Max out training fields are the best choice, it will give you much more golds than other buildings and be able to support all your development. Best of luck:)
ty Harvey. i appreciate the tips. i can get to level 15 and im level 42.

but i dont have nearly the development i should. ill be taking you advice and working that
instead of building this armor. ive used up a few gems getting level 3 on my buildings. thanks again

Harvey Guo
05-05-2013, 06:28 PM
Glad to hear that you're fasting development.

Many new players just do not read threads, put their codes and left, waiting someone to add them and give them helps... When they actually passed 15 stages, they found that they do not have 200,000 golds to craft or just be able to craft. Then no matter they buy golds or spend all their golds, their development equals zero now... totally failed investment, sigh.

Well if only more people read this thread... I still see plenty of low levels chasing the boss.

Now I do it just for the extra exp and gold, happy to say that because of all the tips I have 2 training fields and a half-levelled atlantean+ (still working on farming the rest though).

A shout-out to all newbies, do read the threads in forums IT HELPS. :D

Harvey Guo
05-05-2013, 06:39 PM
Well, I would say for your current situation, it is hard to finish all 60 stages.
Before 51, those bosses are pretty easy, but after that, you may need all your knights with max out great armors, plusat least 1 friend or 2 firends. And this is base on you've max out your nemesis.

Thus, If you wanna increase the chance to pass 60 stages, you may need to:

1) make the lv100 first.
2) max out a nemesis
3) 10+ lv100+ allies with max out nemesis
4) at least 1 max out lv70 armors which against the enemy's element

After reach these requirements, you may increase the chance to finish the 60 stage. Fighting!
Been waiting for someone to post something like this for ages. +1 Harvey
P.S I always make it to the silver level but that's with just me and a friend with nemesis and sometimes an extra knight, I'm lv.96 with maxed out Sky Guardian, maxed out map armour(Hydra, Atlantean, and Crius) and a lv.57 Swamp Shaman and a lv.35 Infernal Armour. Full map unlocked 0/18 Dark Jewels, + I get craftable armor weekly using only 1 knight then start adding knights into my party. Reckon I can hit the dark prince keys?

Keymoe
05-05-2013, 06:46 PM
Well, I would say for your current situation, it is hard to finish all 60 stages.
Before 51, those bosses are pretty easy, but after that, you may need all your knights with max out great armors, plusat least 1 friend or 2 firends. And this is base on you've max out your nemesis.

Thus, If you wanna increase the chance to pass 60 stages, you may need to:

1) make the lv100 first.
2) max out a nemesis
3) 10+ lv100+ allies with max out nemesis
4) at least 1 max out lv70 armors which against the enemy's element

After reach these requirements, you may increase the chance to finish the 60 stage. Fighting!

Coolio, I got requirement #3 and sometimes I have requirement #4. Requirement #1 will come along sooner or later and requirement #2 I can only start to do when I can get all 60 stages and open up chest. I'm not really a gem buyer and I'm only 3-4 levels off of 100.

Harvey Guo
05-05-2013, 06:57 PM
Last week's boss is too weak, and the nemesis' stats are strong, even under that situation, only 36 people in the whole game passed all 60 stages. For this week, the nemesis just suck, thus I think many people may not be able to pass again.
But no big deal, this week's boss and armor are useless, better weekly boss and armors are waiting for us:)
Coolio, I got requirement #3 and sometimes I have requirement #4. Requirement #1 will come along sooner or later and requirement #2 I can only start to do when I can get all 60 stages and open up chest. I'm not really a gem buyer and I'm only 3-4 levels off of 100.

KingPoop
05-05-2013, 07:09 PM
Hey guys, I need some more friends with the nemesis armor, so can you please add me?
I'm level 99 and I already have the nemesis armor maxed. I just really want the 5 keys for the prince's chest.

Friend code: XBB-QFF-ZFP

Thanks!

Mastagarwar
05-05-2013, 11:34 PM
Thank you for all of your insightful information to lower level people such as myself. I am level 58 and learning something new every day from looking at the forums.

Also, Asian women are the best. ^_^

Balthasar
05-06-2013, 03:33 AM
Harvey what lv do you get to on the boss with just your knights

Luthienwind
05-06-2013, 04:04 AM
Hi I am lvl 89, adding allies for next boss. Thanks. XBB-PZG-DBV. My personal opinion is that, this armor is good to have. Next boss with earth element or dual elements with earth component (less fire), will be easier to farm with fairies armor. However, priority should be focus on maxing your best 3 armor such as half dragon and wicked armor.

Harvey Guo
05-06-2013, 04:09 AM
Harvey what lv do you get to on the boss with just your knightswell I cannot remember that, because I have no nemesis this week, thus the information would not be valuable. But under friends' help, I have passed 51 stages, seems be able to reach 60:)