PDA

View Full Version : Calling all top 25 Syndicates...

Ramshutu
05-03-2013, 06:04 AM
To ensure that we dont see a repeat of the numbers seen in market plaza, I have set up an informal group of a number of top 25 syndicates to share info. This will not involve sharing private data or strategy, breaking TOS, or involve anything that could get you banned in the forum, or in the game. I am reluctant to share the exact details of this here as this is primarily in the players, rather than Grees best interests.

If you have the ability to speak for a team that finished in or close to the top 25 in the previous events (or you are a member and can contact someone who can), or are realistically confident that the top25 is achievable for you, and if I have not already contacted you, please send me a PM.

Ramshutu
05-03-2013, 09:47 AM
Thanks for the interest so far! are still looking for a few of you.

Ramshutu
05-04-2013, 01:41 AM
Bump again! Not doing too badly so far! More are welcome!

Tommy Two Toes
05-04-2013, 10:12 AM
How's the (not-too-subtle) coup d'état‎ working out?

Someone mentioned The Prisoner's Dilemma in a thread, not too long ago. I think it could aptly be renamed the gold-spender's dilemma.

bald zeemer
05-04-2013, 10:24 AM
It was I who brought up the prisoner's dilemma in the earlier thread. The difference here (compared to top 3) is that the prize for 4-10 and 11-25 are identical, and there is a clear delineation after each category.

Which makes me fairly certain that the "oversight" of not posting the battle results was in fact a directive from the same suboptimally trained would-be economist who seems to misunderstand price inelasticity.

Presumably the same dullard who ordered the delay in gold bonus payments. Call me a hopeless romantic, but I like to believe that Gree didn't actively recruit incompetence, and that a single point of incompetence in a position of relative power may actually be behind much of the insanity we've seen lately. It would explain why problems have moved from "well that could happen if you didn't plan properly" to "well, here's another actively engineered pegging of players by Gree" - this idiot got put in his position of power.

Long story short, in this instance there is a good chance of a successful outcome - as long as those left on the outside don't see it as an opportunity to make a move (cf. SAS in the top-3, where things would otherwise have otherwise gone swimmingly, including a cheap 2nd place for SAS).

Sandukan
05-04-2013, 02:06 PM
26th invited ?
A thankless position.

newtonpa
05-04-2013, 03:30 PM
9th at the moment ill check it out