PDA

View Full Version : Silly question about the Shield Points.

moomrik
05-03-2013, 05:25 AM
I am quoting this from the info section:
"Syndicate members will have the option to use a "power attack" that will provide a 50% increase in stats. However, you will use all your health to achieve the increase. Also, unsuccessful power attacks against the Defense Leader will take away 50 Shield Points."

Can somebody please confirm that the mentioned 50 Shield Points are taken away from the RIVAL Defense Leader? (Like they have been) We are having a momentary pre-war lapse of reason (too much adrenalin apparently impairs reading abilities)... Though you have to admit it is ambiguous somewhat and could be interpreted both ways... :D
My point is, unsuccessful attacks (Power and otherwise) against the Defense Leader never resulted in your Defense Leader losing Shield Points, right? If memory serves....
This events are way too spaced out for me to remember... They need to happen more often... :D

Thanks, and yeh, you can make fun of this post... But please please somebody help.... :D

bald zeemer
05-03-2013, 05:28 AM
A DL has 100 shield points that are taken away at the rate of 10 per normal unsuccessful attack, 50 per power attack and 100 per successful attack.

moomrik
05-03-2013, 05:35 AM
Thanks. Can anybody else please confirm?

Kuursed
05-03-2013, 05:51 AM
Confirmed, BZ is correct. Two failed power attacks on Defense Leader will defeat him/her and make syndicate members open for attack

moomrik
05-03-2013, 06:07 AM
Thanks again :)

BigMoney
05-03-2013, 07:20 AM
I also totally misinterpreted that line before the first syndicate battle. Power attacks would be a much bigger gamble if your own DL paid the price for a failed power attack.