PDA

View Full Version : [Tournament Arena] Skirmish de Mayo - May 2nd - May 9th

The Wise One
05-02-2013, 06:02 PM
Attention Knights!

A new Tournament Arena has just begun! Put your mighty strength and formidable armor to the test by defeating other knights in an epic battle for the top spot on the leaderboards! May victory be yours and great defeat to those that oppose you.

http://i1282.photobucket.com/albums/a538/giiforums/9f4c05f487baf12c5aff95575cdd1416_zps22a89a76.png

Alexa
05-02-2013, 10:12 PM
The rewards are crap!
And also I think the rewards for the ribbon 1 is better than the ones in Bronze and Silver... Living Armor >> Flamestorm tbh

Neomagic
05-03-2013, 12:34 AM
The rewards are crap!
And also I think the rewards for the ribbon 1 is better than the ones in Bronze and Silver... Living Armor >> Flamestorm tbh

You're right about ribbon 1 prize being better than bronze and silver, but only because:

3 Living Flame >> flamestorm >> 1 living flame.

RockLee
05-03-2013, 12:59 AM
You're right about ribbon 1 prize being better than bronze and silver, but only because:

3 Living Flame >> flamestorm >> 1 living flame.

Yup... I was wondering if my eyes saw wrongly... Bronze Medal is Flamestorm right!? Have to fight all the way up to black medal to get the good stuff (Inferno Lord right?)... What are they thinking man... -_-"

deathexe
05-03-2013, 02:00 AM
Yup... I was wondering if my eyes saw wrongly... Bronze Medal is Flamestorm right!? Have to fight all the way up to black medal to get the good stuff (Inferno Lord right?)... What are they thinking man... -_-"

Actually even when you get a black medal, the inferno lord isn't even that good for a black medalist. Sighduck.

Zodog
05-03-2013, 08:49 PM
The tournament seems to be severely broken this week. I'm getting matched up with people in the top 1-50 and about 80% of them have really low level armors but double the amount of points that I do. I kill them all with one shot, but they are ranked number 6?

Harvey Guo
05-03-2013, 08:58 PM
Actually even when you get a black medal, the inferno lord isn't even that good for a black medalist. Sighduck.infernal can give us 90 ep, that's the only useful way, ha

zhy
05-03-2013, 09:29 PM
The tournament seems to be severely broken this week. I'm getting matched up with people in the top 1-50 and about 80% of them have really low level armors but double the amount of points that I do. I kill them all with one shot, but they are ranked number 6? has been that way since a long time in top 50, u will find about 4-5 strong n the other ones with crappy lv n armors

Slevinn
05-04-2013, 03:00 AM
The tournament seems to be severely broken this week. I'm getting matched up with people in the top 1-50 and about 80% of them have really low level armors but double the amount of points that I do. I kill them all with one shot, but they are ranked number 6?

They got so many points by defeating low players and 8/8 double down every time. I'm only level 74 but yesterday I was rank 89 because of double down wins.

Alexa
05-04-2013, 12:28 PM
Actually even when you get a black medal, the inferno lord isn't even that good for a black medalist. Sighduck.

Yeah I agree ^^... That's why I don't even bother going through these tournaments anymore. I just participate in those bosses that appear every week. The bosses have BETTER prizes. The amount of prizes given by the boss level 1-10 are almost equal to the gold level arena tournament. And plus you can get these boss prizes in LESS THAN A DAY while you have to work your butt off for a week in the arenas.

Budd
05-04-2013, 12:44 PM
I dont understand why you guys complain so much, ****s free all you Have to do is battle someone every 15 minutes. Flamestormfinery is 50/ep, fusion stones are easily worth 2 living flame armors, dragon flame for enhancement, 6k for enhancement costs.

deathexe
05-04-2013, 04:12 PM
I dont understand why you guys complain so much, ****s free all you Have to do is battle someone every 15 minutes. Flamestormfinery is 50/ep, fusion stones are easily worth 2 living flame armors, dragon flame for enhancement, 6k for enhancement costs.

Well, it doesn't make much sense having to participate in an event like the arena that lasts a week only to get 1 or 2 armors that have barely any help whatsoever. There isn't very much incentive to bother doing well and getting higher ranks since all the rewards are quite useless. At best, 50 EP gives maybe 1 or 2 levels to a low leveled 70 armor, nothing that useful.

Daemon
05-05-2013, 07:15 AM
I'm trying to finish the quests associated with this weeks tournament but I can't get passed the first one as I'm not being given any revenge fights. Is anyone else having a similar problem?

deathexe
05-05-2013, 07:19 AM
I'm trying to finish the quests associated with this weeks tournament but I can't get passed the first one as I'm not being given any revenge fights. Is anyone else having a similar problem?

Hmm maybe have weaker armors equipped to let others beat you so you can get revenge fights? That's the only solution I can think of at the moment haha.

zhy
05-05-2013, 09:20 AM
i think revenge fights are triggered when at least 5-6 players killed u, n they will show up after server updates itself or after u delete n reinstall the app (always if at least 5-6 killed u :P)

Daemon
05-05-2013, 09:23 AM
I changed my armor to some unupgraded stuff and I got enough revenge fights. I never had this problem before. I guess the slightly improved new armors actually do help a bit.

Thanks for the advice guys

zhy
05-05-2013, 04:55 PM
uhm just found out an interesting thing if u didnt know yet :P found a guy with dark prince on 2ndary knight (think was a maxed out) + version i had my admiral+ maxed out on a 2ndary knight, he couldnt 1shot me with special attack while i could :P

Keymoe
05-05-2013, 05:32 PM
Same, and I get the complete opposite near the start, getting matched up with lv80s+ judging by the strength of their maxed out Ultra Rare armor e.g: Infernal Armour, Swamp Shamans, Dark Prince's Armour, Sky Guardian etc etc.

Harvey Guo
05-05-2013, 06:17 PM
Yep, that's the slightly different thing, but can change the whole result.
I cannot remember the followers, but for the main knights fights, Regalia+ vs Dark prince+ 308 damage vs 306 damage pretty close, I think the follower should be similar, but the Regalia+ should just over 455 damage to be able to kill Dark prince+ :)
uhm just found out an interesting thing if u didnt know yet :P found a guy with dark prince on 2ndary knight (think was a maxed out) + version i had my admiral+ maxed out on a 2ndary knight, he couldnt 1shot me with special attack while i could :P

Ryuugan
05-07-2013, 08:42 AM
Yep, that's the slightly different thing, but can change the whole result.
I cannot remember the followers, but for the main knights fights, Regalia+ vs Dark prince+ 308 damage vs 306 damage pretty close, I think the follower should be similar, but the Regalia+ should just over 455 damage to be able to kill Dark prince+ :)

depends on situation... which knight wearing which armor if main or sub... which armor attacks first... dark prince can still beat admirals regalia if the situation is right. not to mention lvl difference...

Harvey Guo
05-07-2013, 08:56 AM
True, but as you know the real fights are complex, thus we can only discuss from the stats.

Maybe sometimes old best armors can still beat new too, but more times, new armors are truly slightly better than old armors.

Both followers, Dark prince+ cannot 1 shot Regalia+, but Regalia+ can, this can already prove something.
depends on situation... which knight wearing which armor if main or sub... which armor attacks first... dark prince can still beat admirals regalia if the situation is right. not to mention lvl difference...

Ryuugan
05-07-2013, 09:02 AM
True, but as you know the real fights are complex, thus we can only discuss from the stats.

Maybe sometimes old best armors can still beat new too, but more times, new armors are truly slightly better than old armors.

Both followers, Dark prince+ cannot 1 shot Regalia+, but Regalia+ can, this can already prove something.

depends in situation... if high lvl follower then dark prince def cant one shot, but if both follower are lower lvl example 50 under... then dark could one shot regalia due lack of hp...

zhy
05-07-2013, 09:19 AM
uhm think this week i wont get the black medal...

Harvey Guo
05-07-2013, 09:22 AM
.....what's point to discuss below lv100......
And how many people can own a Dark prince+ or Regalia+ under lv50 .......
depends in situation... if high lvl follower then dark prince def cant one shot, but if both follower are lower lvl example 50 under... then dark could one shot regalia due lack of hp...

Justice711
05-07-2013, 07:29 PM
uhm think this week i wont get the black medal...

Maybe there will be a ban again??

zhy
05-07-2013, 08:23 PM
will need 3-4 bans :P

Ryuugan
05-08-2013, 02:06 AM
.....what's point to discuss below lv100......
And how many people can own a Dark prince+ or Regalia+ under lv50 .......

u wont never know... there always some ppl who spend a lot of money who are low lvl for DPC

Harvey Guo
05-08-2013, 03:37 AM
No, that's not the point.

I do know there are plenty of people who spend money on this game, BUT most of armors what they gain from the DPC is Neither Dark prince+ NOR Regalia+, and compare to the total number of players, that's 75,000, those players in low level but own these two armors are very very very rare.

And the REAL point is, you cannot know the level of players, you cannot know what's the level of their armors, thus you cannot precisely know the right number between equal players.

Maybe you can find 1 lv49 vs 1 lv49 lv35 Regalia+ vs lv35 dark prince+, but need more than 10,000+ times you probably will face one time, thus that's what I mean NO point to discuss below lv100.

After lv100, all players are 607 hp main knight and 455 hp followers, we can compete each other frequently, the number is fixed, thus after several times try out, we can know the exactly number of each max out armor with lv100+ players, that's the REAL point of discussion:)
u wont never know... there always some ppl who spend a lot of money who are low lvl for DPC

TScript
05-08-2013, 09:06 AM

I see a similar issue on my end. I am jumping back and forth between people MY rank (rank ~1500 right now and losing to everyone) and then people ranked in the 50k-100k range (winning against pretty much all of them) It likes to jump 3 or 4 times a day on me. I wont complain though seeing that the only wins I'm getting are when it jumps me down. Im not really beating anyone near my rank. Almost all of them are shutting me out.

Aradan
05-08-2013, 09:27 AM
I see a similar issue on my end. I am jumping back and forth between people MY rank (rank ~1500 right now and losing to everyone) and then people ranked in the 50k-100k range (winning against pretty much all of them) It likes to jump 3 or 4 times a day on me. I wont complain though seeing that the only wins I'm getting are when it jumps me down. Im not really beating anyone near my rank. Almost all of them are shutting me out.

i through up an idea a little while back about the possibility of how arena works. I pointed out what is occuring to you was happening to me all the time. I came to the conclusion that arena doesn't match you with others soley based on your rank, but also based on how often you are winning. I tested it it out using basic armors level 1 and purposely lost a bunch of fights, and it allowed me to fight people that were very poorly ranked do to their low levels. I would then go on a massive win streak and i would suddenly start fighting people ranked in top 100 even though i was still ranked around 1500. Those fights obviously resulted in me losing because most people in that ranking are level 100 or around there and had 200-300hp on me at the time so hard to win even if i had element advantage on every knight.(tested when i was around level 45-50, now 68ish)

Now this week for me i have been very consistent in my battles where i usually win 7 fights(all double downs) and lose on 8, so it keeps me within my area of ranking. Last night my half dragon + armor finally finished crafting and i got it to level 59, and i also got my storm rage + to 57. and now i am winning 90% of fights, even against people i couldn't beat before.

If you really want to move up in rank to where your going to pass the top 1000, or even 100, you either need to get your level up to 100 really fast, or get some strong level 70 armors. Im only level 68 i think, and im fighting people that are around 90+ so they have shear advantage on me just cause of their hp, but with my half dragon armor being so strong, i can now take them on and usually win.

Ryuugan
05-08-2013, 09:58 AM
isnt stormrage a 2* /50 armor? or u meant stormsorcerer?

Aradan
05-08-2013, 10:06 AM
storm rage is 2*, but i have the + version of it, and it is pretty strong, and im finding quite useful as it seems the people that beat my main knight either have element advantage or are really high level and just live because of their hp, so the storm rage will usually clear them up for me.

Working on a armor currently that can counter people that get element advantage on my stormrage now

Lcharlie
05-08-2013, 08:19 PM
Guys, Arena isn't rocket science. You should be around 25000 to 30000 points if you play perfectly but this requires a lot of time commitment. You simply have to check the ranking of your opponents and see what tournament they started to play this game. I have very rarely lost to players who started this game later than me. This means you simply have to pick opponents who have started playing after you and you are guaranteed to win if you are a sensible player. I have hardly played this week and I am still easily top 100 because I chose who my opponents are. The system is flawed. You get more points beating someone with higher level than you. What they really should do is give you more points for beating someone with a higher rank than you. This way, all the newbies will be out of the top ranks soon and a real refection of strength will be determined. Of course the designers want newbies to have a equal chance to attract new players and rewarded those that spend a lot of money making the game less strategic.