Restarted app, didn't notice anything new

Can anyone shed some light on it?

Thanks.

digisyn
05-02-2013, 06:02 PM
Probably data for 5/3 event

Kot
05-03-2013, 02:47 AM
they did somthing with the attack algorithm. Now I lost with my 660k attack ageinst a 314k def.
never lost to that player before, and he is one of my cash cows

Bala82
05-03-2013, 02:58 AM
Boss event :)

lanemondo
05-03-2013, 03:04 AM
Agree, they've messed with the attacks. My attack over 500k other person 320k I lose 9 out of 10 fights

Mcdoc
05-03-2013, 03:23 AM
Man - the attack algorithm is FUBAR! 620 attack losing 3 out of 5 battles against 388 ? ? ? ?

mickymacirl
05-03-2013, 03:29 AM
I emailed CJ directly about this, I am losing to people with 1/3th of my stats (3m attack vs 1m defense) since the new update. Let's hope its a mistake!

I believe it's to do with faction boosts, seeing some weirdness around those as well, stats change wildly inside and outside of a faction, going up instead of down.

GTZ
05-03-2013, 03:29 AM
68.6k vs 30.3k and lost four straight among many other battles like this ...

senex morosus
05-03-2013, 03:33 AM
Don't these ever get tested before GREE release them?

mickymacirl
05-03-2013, 03:36 AM
Don't these ever get tested before GREE release them?

They do get tested, of course, but I don't know Gree's SD model so I cannot tell you how.

Mcdoc
05-03-2013, 03:37 AM
Don't these ever get tested before GREE release them?There are some Circus Monkeys somewhere in Japan that get paid to test out the new features before it gets pushed - that's the smartest people Gree can find to test their work :)

senex morosus
05-03-2013, 04:11 AM
They do get tested, of course, but I don't know Gree's SD model so I cannot tell you how.

I know they have beta testers but I am wondering if GREE checks their own product before uploading it on the game. Do they realise that they have destroyed the game? I look at all the android users complaining about force closes and GREE works like a snail to fx it. I quit my android LLP because the game is unplayable sometimes and I have always hoped it would not be the case for iOS but recently, I have noticed GREE releases tons of events and has messed with the attack algorithm, how can 503k attack lose against 311k def? Skill points? Knowing that there are skill point hackers out there, why would they even do this? If you complain about it to support, they will tell you that they have engineers looking into it but it never happens.
Honestly, how hard is it to get on the forums and address these issues instead of us flooding support all the time and everyone on our factions get the same pre-written answers?

mickymacirl
05-03-2013, 04:14 AM
This kinda change isn't something a beta tester would check, it would be related to internal QA processes and procedures.

SevenO9
05-03-2013, 04:21 AM
Attacking another player is such a fundamental part of this game. Its beyond my imagination how this could slip any QA process. Its like BMW releasing a new car and forgetting gears 3 and 4. Sorry, out testdriver ain't using those gears, they go from 2 to 6 directly. We fix it with the next upgrade. Hilarious.

lanemondo
05-03-2013, 05:02 AM
This could be a good thing, I'm hoping people attack me back so I have them on my newsfeed. I however am not stupid enough to attack players who really should be beating me

Viperpv
05-03-2013, 05:08 AM
I am a test manager and I'd fire my staff if they let this sh1t through

What are gree going to do to make up for yet another screw up

mickymacirl
05-03-2013, 05:16 AM
Honestly, relax people! We don't know what's going on yet.

Arnaud
05-03-2013, 05:20 AM
Who said they had a test team lol? ;-)

I'd be surprised if they do non regression tests! The developers prob test themselves their own code ahah

fuzzlenutz
05-03-2013, 05:43 AM
If my 628k attack can't beat 318k defense on someone I win against regularly then whats the point?
If I attack anyone lower than that there are no points to be had!
Thanks Gree

Man - the attack algorithm is FUBAR! 620 attack losing 3 out of 5 battles against 388 ? ? ? ?

MerlinBlack
05-03-2013, 06:52 AM
Relax, everyone. Gree has performed adequate regression testing and ensured that this update is appropriately regressive. Gree has added this to make the game more fun!

senex morosus
05-03-2013, 08:07 AM
This kinda change isn't something a beta tester would check, it would be related to internal QA processes and procedures.

But this should be something a beta tester should look for unless GREE gave the beta testers something and then did a change this bad on their own without testing. Most of the companies that have games on both mobile platforms based on online gaming, have beta testers to test their stuff usually on android cause it's a lot easier uploading the file to a private link and emailing all beta testers to download it on their android devices. This is based on past experience on another game. I dont know how GREE does it or if there is a way for the beta testers to test the ios version before releasing an update but it shouldnt be difficult to release a whole new version on android for the beta team to test while developers start working on ways to avoid all those issues the android devices currently have in MW.

This current issue is huge. If the beta testers did not find this in the game OR if GREE did not release this version to the beta testers previously to make sure there are no flaws then I am sorry but it is a poor decision from GREE to release an update much worse than the current game where we saw people losing to others with defense a lot less than their attack.

mgriss
05-03-2013, 12:08 PM
same problems here... rival's jumping over 100% in defense.

Interestingly it's not all of them though...

Mcdoc
05-03-2013, 12:14 PM
Well - ONE good thing is - KillerM2 has finally gotten off my nuts - that pesky pervert was on my Tip every 20 minutes - nasty bugger even tried to slip his tongue in my smelly place - so with that - I like the fact that my newsfeed isn't consumed by my obsessed boyfriend :)