PDA

View Full Version : A Conundrum

Sardaukar
05-02-2013, 05:03 PM
I didn't really start spending money on this game until factions came out. Now I am super aware of the stats of my peers and feel like I need to keep spending more money to "keep up" and stay on top.

I have spent over $10,000 on this game. I have been thinking of stopping but am afraid that if I do, I will no longer be stronger than all of the peers I paid to be stronger than :|

Looking back, I want that $10,000 back in my bank account because I like feeling financially secure. That peace of mind is worth it and it's nice to have money around in case some sort of catastrophe occurs where I will need it.

The real conundrum is that I am debating if I should make this my last WD event that I participate in and then move to being a free player. What's wrong with that you ask? Well, I know better than to do anything that levels myself up if I'm going free. Gold units are where it's at. Go gold or go home. There is no strategy. Just throw money into it and you will be the biggest kid on the block. You can be a total nubcake and have the highest stats in the game.

If I go free and just camp, what on earth is the fun in just collecting from buildings and logging out? Is that even a game? There is no winner, no objectives, just endless tapping.

If I'm going to go free, I may as well just leave the game. This leaves me on the fence...what to do what to do...

procsyzarc
05-02-2013, 05:35 PM
Accept you will never be the strongest and stop spending.

Sounds like you are determined to be the strongest player there is but also aren't rich enough that $100,000 means nothing to you.

Based on this I would just stop you could easily spend another 10k and there will still be more than enough players that can beat you the result will be the same as if you never spent a cent.

As I have said before MW is not like the other 3 games, the stronger you get the more you will be attacked and raided not less.

MADCAT
05-02-2013, 05:38 PM
just quit playing completely, i have a spare iTouch, I will transfer your ID to it and I will play your $10,000 player

its a win-win:p

Zandeko
05-02-2013, 05:41 PM
You're spending way too much on this. Donate me money so I can pay off my student loan and take my girl out :)

But seriously, even as a free player you can help out your faction by donating in-game cash. If the 35,000-50,000 points you earn as a free player isn't good enough for your faction there is plenty of factions full of lower levels that would love to have you.

Like you, the only reason I spend money now is to help out my faction. I doubt I'll continue much longer as this game is a bottomless pit lacking any real strategy.

njemt242
05-02-2013, 05:44 PM
Being a free player isnt all that bad. With the new LTQ events my stats have risen quite a bit. You don't need to spend money on WD events. Just take your free hits and enjoy the rest of the day. If your faction doesn't accept the fact that you are now a free player then there are plenty out there that will be more than happy to have you as a free player.

Free player= more fun and more challenge.

Gritix
05-02-2013, 05:44 PM
I would sell MW money for real money and like really cheap, maybe 2mil for ¢50 and sell between players.

Mcdoc
05-02-2013, 05:54 PM
I'm sure if you were to find a smart faction that used a $50 donation to the faction Gold bank - then your spot could be secure in a Top 25 team - maybe even top 10 if you still pulled 100k to 300k WD on top of that - just saying :)

WI(AusNz)
05-02-2013, 08:17 PM
We are top 250 faction. we have a great team and good environment. you can join us and have just as much fun without needing to spend that type of doh! Join us and you will find the game offers much more than just tapping.

JohnG@ST6
05-03-2013, 01:42 AM
I didn't really start spending money on this game until factions came out. Now I am super aware of the stats of my peers and feel like I need to keep spending more money to "keep up" and stay on top.

I have spent over $10,000 on this game. I have been thinking of stopping but am afraid that if I do, I will no longer be stronger than all of the peers I paid to be stronger than :|

Looking back, I want that $10,000 back in my bank account because I like feeling financially secure. That peace of mind is worth it and it's nice to have money around in case some sort of catastrophe occurs where I will need it.

The real conundrum is that I am debating if I should make this my last WD event that I participate in and then move to being a free player. What's wrong with that you ask? Well, I know better than to do anything that levels myself up if I'm going free. Gold units are where it's at. Go gold or go home. There is no strategy. Just throw money into it and you will be the biggest kid on the block. You can be a total nubcake and have the highest stats in the game.

If I go free and just camp, what on earth is the fun in just collecting from buildings and logging out? Is that even a game? There is no winner, no objectives, just endless tapping.

If I'm going to go free, I may as well just leave the game. This leaves me on the fence...what to do what to do...

You do what I will do. I did 2,5 mil WD pts in Ireland. I will just stop and aim for 50k in Colombia. Real life is out there. Not in here. Good luck Bro'!

kostam7
05-03-2013, 02:18 AM
I really hope you find the power and press the delete button! Everything else is a vicious cycle... Good luck bro!

Tctiger
05-03-2013, 02:23 AM
you have 2 ways to go , keep spending like crazy chasing rivals stats that keep going up as much as yours or stop spending and enjoy your gold army and your place in the pecking order just below the monsters , you can still add noce gold trinkets for free .

Philsbase
05-03-2013, 02:25 AM
If you are feeling like the 10k should have never left your bank then like a lot of other players you cannot really afford to do it... I am not having a go or dig but this is what Gree does. They get you addicted they make you feel like you have a responsibility to your faction / team mates but in reality you have a responsibility to yourself and family not the game. I think Japan's government introduced regulations regarding this that is why Gree was forced to look at the worldwide market and then bought Funzio.... You need to draw a line now and think if I carry on I am going to spend another 10k ! Good luck to you and your thoughts....!

Sardaukar
05-03-2013, 09:44 AM
Thank you for your input everyone. I will shift to free play after this and see if I can find a camper faction so I can just keep my IPH increasing. Who knows maybe I'll sell my account lol. Is that a TOS violation?

I would also like to add that I went to Target last night and dropped around $400 for a Nintendo DS and some games. I am having a blast playing pokemon and mario on my free time and really feel like I got my money's worth. Not that I'm saying there's anything wrong with this game but...your $$$ really don't go very far here lol. I've probably got hundreds of hours of gameplay from a one time purchase. Not a terrible deal.

Speaking of deal, WHERE IS MY BONUS GOLD?!

Hakim
05-03-2013, 11:31 AM
I played the last WD event as a free player. Just using regen attacks. I scored 32k WD points to see how many I could score. I am a high level so WD points are difficult to get when hunting a good target. But it is possible to play in a "free" faction and still score well. Our faction is a " free" faction. Some use gold but not required and we placed on the top 250. So it is all about what style of gamer and gaming experience you want.

Can still have a good time as a free player.