PDA

View Full Version : Honor & Privilege - Camp Pendleton

Mcdoc
05-02-2013, 04:15 PM
I have the distinct honor of DJ'ing at the General's Ranch House today for a huge Family Day celebration for the Intel Battalion - right next to the Marine Air Station!

So cool to see some of the real Aircraft flying overhead that Modern War draws from for our Pixel Units. I was stationed here for 8 years but got out in 2000 - and it still stir's my soul every time I drive in this base - the largest Marine Corps Base in the World!

Semper Fi to all the Marines who play MW and thanks to those who have ever served in Any Branch of Service (yes - Coast Guard too - Lolz) .

Edit: if ONLY I had my Modern War T-Shirt that Jarod (CCMark) promised me last August at the SoCal Meet-up - I would have worn it with pride out here today :)

Poppa
05-02-2013, 04:20 PM
Ooh raa 0311 same time as you doc.

Bravo Zulu
05-02-2013, 04:56 PM
We have an active duty marine on Pendleton right now. Two of us (including me) are Navy vets and we have a married couple who were Army medics in Enduring Freedom.

I feel the same way ever time I have the chance to step foot on a Naval base- especially when I get the chance to be on ship. I've been out since 96.

Bravo Zulu to all the military vets and active!

Ijustgotlucky
05-02-2013, 05:08 PM
Awesome. I'm stationed at the 32nd Naval base right now.

Cool to see another player from San Diego.

Speed ump
08-04-2013, 10:10 PM
Way to go doc

vswong
08-05-2013, 12:24 AM
I live in Oceanside, CA. Thanks to all the military folks protecting our country!

nkeywithdnb
08-05-2013, 12:36 AM
Stop by the strip club after you finish and you will find me djing. Ha ha Purple Church

Mcdoc
08-05-2013, 12:39 AM
Stop by the strip club after you finish and you will find me djing. Ha ha Purple ChurchWow - too funny - stopped by there one afternoon with a couple of friends for some burgers - much prefer the Spearmint Rhino up in LA - Better "contact" with the waitresses - LoL

nkeywithdnb
08-05-2013, 12:50 AM
sooo true. you can thank San Diego County for the bull sh*t rules.

nkeywithdnb
08-05-2013, 12:54 AM
You can also find me djing Firewater thursday nights and Cabo one Friday a month on the roof top. We should talk some time. I have been djing in San Diego and LA for about 13 years. I do a lot of electronic shows as well.

Mcdoc
08-05-2013, 01:10 AM
You can also find me djing Firewater thursday nights and Cabo one Friday a month on the roof top. We should talk some time. I have been djing in San Diego and LA for about 13 years. I do a lot of electronic shows as well.Been DJ'ing in San Diego since 1992 - we've probably crossed paths & didn't know. I used to DJ at the SNCO club from 1999 to 2012 - then also at Coyote for a long time :) Mostly just do weddings now - $1,200 for 4 hours is better than 4 nights a week @ $300 a night :)

nkeywithdnb
08-05-2013, 01:31 AM
Soooo true. I do a few weddings every once in a while. Can be pretty stressful doing weddings though. Not to mention, carrying speakers & equipment, being the first to arrive and last to leave and pleasing people on the most important day of there lives. That's why you can ask so much. It is probably going to be my next venture after the club life is done. I just really enjoy the emotional rewards of playing to an inebriated crowd. Ha Ha. Jump Jump. Nothing compares to delivering that perfect mix in to that hot track that everyone wants to hear. Cutting the music and getting the crowd to sing a long. I am getting chatty. We are lucky people to get to do this for a living. I could never go back to an hourly job. hope to run in to you.

Bstreazy
08-05-2013, 03:24 AM
lol, thanks for the half-hearted coastie love... I'm stationed on camp lejeune, so I should get extra credit for putting up with you jarheads! Semper fi buddy:)