PDA

View Full Version : Indian Hitlist

Ty1on
05-02-2013, 12:51 AM
Does the Indian Hitlist still exist? and how do I get on it? Need some people to beat me up so links I want to stay on my news feed don't disappear too soon... So can some old school Indians help me out?? :cool:

BigMoney
05-02-2013, 01:11 AM
People attack you to... preserve your newsfeed? What?

Ty1on
05-02-2013, 01:37 AM
People attack you to... preserve your newsfeed? What?

Yep... A very good friend helped me figure out tonight. If I have a red link on my feed that I want to use, it will disappear fairly quickly due to the blind geen attacks I keep getting. I need more red keeping me beat up so I don't keep getting all those green 1 hits...

Also, I find it funny you posting a whole 292k points in your sig... Maybe you could hit me 10 times to help...

BigMoney
05-02-2013, 02:01 AM
Oh, you want people to hit you so that you're "too beat up" to show up on the Rivals List and such, I see. I thought you were saying something like red links will replace some of the green links at the bottom of your feed (which seems plausible, because I think when you have a mixture of wall posts and attacks on your newsfeed, sometimes some of the wall posts articles on your newsfeed will disappear before the attacks/robs at the very bottom of your list disappear-- at least I think so).

I have the same problem, for the record. I get one good link, then tons of idiots not checking stats before they try to rob me, followed by posting their code on my wall or inviting me to their Top 4000 syndicate or something.

Someone more knowledgeable than I probably knows the exact rules to not appear on the newsfeed (I think it also changes based on your level how many times you're allowed to be attacked in a certain timeframe). Honestly I think your best bet is to just ride it out and hope no one tries to attack/rob you, since even if super high level people help you out by beating you up, those are still articles that will push your newsfeed. You can always do what I do and just troll high IPHers into attacking you back if he falls too far down on your newsfeed. :D My wall is full of butthurt.

(Lastly, I'm probably too low-leveled / weak to attack you anyway).

Ty1on
05-02-2013, 02:33 AM
Honestly I think your best bet is to just ride it out and hope no one tries to attack/rob you, since even if super high level people help you out by beating you up, those are still articles that will push your newsfeed. You can always do what I do and just troll high IPHers into attacking you back if he falls too far down on your newsfeed. :D My wall is full of butthurt.

If someone higher than me beats me up, they push my feed down one, maybe two... and then I get an hour or so off... the 1 hitters hit me, push it down 1, then another 1 hitter hits me the same minute and pushes it down 1 again... That keeps going until I lose the link, no hour off.

The trolling thing is probably the best bet, though! And that's kinda what I'm doing by starting this thread. ;) thanks...

(CK) EL
05-02-2013, 03:20 AM
it's not how the news work...
the news can include certain amount of information..
eg... if somebody beats u 10 times, u only see 1 red line but it counts as 10..
theoritically if somebody could beat you 200 times then in your news you would have only 1 red line
if i am one of the people you want in your news that can be aranged :)

bald zeemer
05-02-2013, 03:25 AM
Why not just ask a friend to keep you too beat up?

Dipstik
05-02-2013, 05:55 AM
Thanks, el... I wasn't looking forward to explaining that again. You know there are STILL Indians who go out of their way to attack and rob alternating because they think it fills up more of the newsfeed?

bald zeemer
05-02-2013, 06:06 AM
TBH dippy I'll go out of my way to give them the benefit of the doubt and assume they are mainly after the visual flourish of a long-looking news update.

And I have just spent my entire life supply of pro-indian-ness.

Lonestoner
05-02-2013, 11:47 AM
He's saying that 1 line from 10+ successful attacks from one person per 2 hour period is much better than having 1 line each from 10 different people hitting unsuccessfully with unlimited time. He could be attacked 100 times in a 2 hour period from different people and it would fill up his entire news feed. If someone beats him, he can't be attacked for another 2 hours, regardless of win or loss.

Plus, I think our news feed on android got nerfed a while back, as mine doesn't seem to show near as much as it used to.

TL;DR

Good: 1 entry per 2 hours from successful attacks against him.

Bad: Unlimited entries from unlimited attackers unsuccessfully attacking.

Dipstik
05-02-2013, 12:38 PM
He's saying that 1 line from 10+ successful attacks from one person per 2 hour period is much better than having 1 line each from 10 different people hitting unsuccessfully with unlimited time. He could be attacked 100 times in a 2 hour period from different people and it would fill up his entire news feed. If someone beats him, he can't be attacked for another 2 hours, regardless of win or loss.

Plus, I think our news feed on android got nerfed a while back, as mine doesn't seem to show near as much as it used to.

TL;DR

Good: 1 entry per 2 hours from successful attacks against him.

Bad: Unlimited entries from unlimited attackers unsuccessfully attacking.

Correction: 10 (plus) entries per 2 hours for successful attacks.

Ty1on
05-02-2013, 12:56 PM
it's not how the news work...
the news can include certain amount of information..
eg... if somebody beats u 10 times, u only see 1 red line but it counts as 10..
theoritically if somebody could beat you 200 times then in your news you would have only 1 red line
if i am one of the people you want in your news that can be aranged :)

That's how I'm saying it works.. I'd rather be beat 200 times by same person and have 1 line for that than win 200 times against different people and have 200 lines...

And thanks for the offer EL , you're one of the ones that keep getting pushed off too fast by the green 1 hitters... :p

Lonestoner
05-02-2013, 12:57 PM
Correction: 10 (plus) entries per 2 hours for successful attacks.

Only if they W/L/W/L etc., correct?

Dipstik
05-02-2013, 02:03 PM
No. If they win against you ten times in a row, it takes up ten slots on your news. If someone robs you successfully 100 times in a row, your news feed will be exactly one entry long, and it will take 40-50 hits to bump it off the bottom.

dudeman
05-02-2013, 03:07 PM
The news page can handle about 60 "stories". All consecutive actions by one rival with the same result will be grouped into "one story", but the Empire Times actually counts each individual action. If someone decides to alternate robbing and attacking, the stories will not be grouped but will occupy the same number of places in the news.

If someone robs you 60 times it will take 60 actions to push them off your news, regardless of how many or how few lines those actions are grouped into.

jobadass
05-02-2013, 04:38 PM
Does the Indian Hitlist still exist? and how do I get on it? Need some people to beat me up so links I want to stay on my news feed don't disappear too soon... So can some old school Indians help me out?? :cool:once again, the cowboys won. No more hitlist....

Carrahete
05-02-2013, 07:10 PM
No. If they win against you ten times in a row, it takes up ten slots on your news. If someone robs you successfully 100 times in a row, your news feed will be exactly one entry long, and it will take 40-50 hits to bump it off the bottom.

I get one entry for consecutive successful attacks, even if they hang out for a while in my hood. If they W/L/W, then I get separate entries, in order. Successful, consecutive attacks/robs show as one entry (per action).

Often I'll get a new news item that I've lost an attack, then as they continue to attack, I'll get a new notification, but the same news item just increments the pertinent info (lost explosives, cash, etc).

The Billionaire
05-02-2013, 11:22 PM
All this hard work and then all of a sudden everything on your news feed disappears.

Highly annoying!