PDA

View Full Version : Respect Points - Save or Spend?

Idiosyncrasy
05-01-2013, 08:46 PM
I know there have been other respect point threads, but I didn't feel like necroing.

I have been saving a bit of respect points for when I get to the higher levels for better weapons, though I have spent some. With the not-so-new-anymore respect items, I am looking for some strategy advice. My questions are: should I spend the respect now to get better stats for where I am now, or should I continue to save them for higher levels? If I should spend them, should I go for a higher quantity of lower respect items or a lower quantity of higher respect items?

I'm not a full camper, but I avoid gaining a lot of XP. Since respect is more finite than cash, I am trying to balance my short term and long term strategy.

Current stats

Level 67
25.6k attack
36.6k defense
175k IPH

45k respect points

Thanks

dudeman
05-01-2013, 08:50 PM
Didn't want to necro, or didn't want to do your own research? The most recent RP threads are less than a few weeks old. Not only would they not be considered necro if you dug them up, they should be easy to find somewhere in the first 10 or so pages of threads (depending how many threads per page you have your settings at).

To address your question anyways, given your forum join date and current level, save the RP.

AFed
05-01-2013, 08:57 PM
Absolutely save. Only reason would be if you were against a boss and needed that RP to get you the final prize. But tier three with those stats it won't be a worry so def save.

Droop1972
05-01-2013, 09:00 PM
spend em....but only on the highest stuff. not stuff you are going to regret....Like the 180 Yamaha bikes that I have...or the serrated blades....etc

AFed
05-01-2013, 09:03 PM
spend em....but only on the highest stuff. not stuff you are going to regret....Like the 180 Yamaha bikes that I have...or the serrated blades....etc

Wrong advice from any type of long term agenda

The_Don
05-01-2013, 09:16 PM
Unless you plan on quitting soon, save them to buy the items that you will want as you get to the top levels. In other words, buy the highest items of the type you need the most. Often, that turns out to be vehicles.

Droop1972
05-01-2013, 09:17 PM
Wrong advice from any type of long term agenda

What difference does it make if you buy Assassin's coat now or later?

I guess Gree could always Nerf the top end stuff again but other than that what's the downside?

dudeman
05-01-2013, 09:27 PM
What difference does it make if you buy Assassin's coat now or later?

I guess Gree could always Nerf the top end stuff again but other than that what's the downside?

Can you buy the top end RP stuff from level 67? I can't answer that definitively, but based on my own experience I would guess no.

If you actually read the OP, you would see that he is level 67. If you think he should only spend RP on top items, then he will probably have to save them for now until he unlocks said items.

Derp.

CohibAA
05-01-2013, 09:42 PM
Unless you plan on quitting soon, save them to buy the items that you will want as you get to the top levels. In other words, buy the highest items of the type you need the most. Often, that turns out to be vehicles.

Funny that vehicles happen to be the ONLY one of the five categories that the top cash item (70/95) is better than the top respect item (68/55).

I recommend saving your respect points until you can afford the top respect items for each category (and level up enough to access them). But again, it depends on your personal goals, long term and short.

Droop1972
05-01-2013, 10:26 PM
Can you buy the top end RP stuff from level 67? I can't answer that definitively, but based on my own experience I would guess no.

If you actually read the OP, you would see that he is level 67. If you think he should only spend RP on top items, then he will probably have to save them for now until he unlocks said items.

Derp.

I humbly stand corrected. That is the factor I overlooked. Well played sir.

Idiosyncrasy
05-01-2013, 10:35 PM
Thanks for all the advice. Dudeman is right that I can't buy the top end stuff yet at level 67, except explosives. Here are the highest RP items I can buy:

Guns: Sawn-Off Shotgun (22/14) - next unlock @ level 100
Melee: Chain Whip (25/19) - next unlock @ level 85
Armor: Night Vision Binoculars (16/16) - next unlock @ level 70
Explosives: Doomsday Frag (100/40)
Vehicles: Yamaha Race Bike (13/12) - next unlock @ level 115

Last boss event, I could only beat #23 without gold or a level-up, probably 24 or 25 with the level-up. I'm getting a little bored trying to stay in the lower levels, and even though we are almost discouraged to level up, I may start doing more PVE and not worry about levels.

I am always focused on economy, and I am halfway through saving for my first NC upgrade. Maybe by the time I level up enough, I will have enough cash to buy some of the higher tiered weapons.

But back to RP. It looks like the majority leans towards saving RP for the higher levels. It looks like I can't see the highest level RP items, even if they were locked. Should I save RP until I reach level 250? It seems like there will just always be more content added (or so I hope), which is why I was tempted to spend now rather than die waiting. Maybe I should just plow through to the shark tank and get eaten alive.

AFed
05-01-2013, 10:46 PM
If you have the patience, the best RP items unlock around 160ish if I remember correctly. Second tier is prob in the 130-140 range. Dudeman and I disagree on the purchasing of which respect items...feel free to look up that analysis (week or so ago).

NVBs should already be unlocked I believe. My lvl 42 camper has them open.

the_brein
05-01-2013, 11:08 PM
I'm on level 74 with about 30k rp. I was considering dumping my rp to increase my stats. Here's what I came up with:

I'm weakest in explosives then vehicles. I can get some Yamaha bikes. About 90 of them. It's the highest vehicle rp at my level.

At my level I can bring 370 mafia to battle. I counted up my best 370 vehicles. Then I noted which ones would be less than the 13/12 stat the bike brings. I calculated that I would only be getting an average of 8/8 scores per bike. So I would end up getting a total increase of 720/720.

I wasn't very happy with the way that sounded. So I'll be hoarding them.

TZora
05-01-2013, 11:23 PM
(if you are not a camper and wish to level up fast) save your respect points. save money for your nightclubs. get your nightclubs up. then buy some of the top cash weapons available in your level to increase ur attack/defense. keep saving respect points until the top rp items unlock. respect points now saved will help you a lot when you are ready for the sharktank.

if you buy respect weapons now, they may help you now but in the longer run, they will be useless because you will see cash weapons better than the rp weapons purchased now. respect points wasted.

(if you are a camper and wish to stay on lower levels for a long time):
i'm playing modern war and i'm in the 1st tier and i wish to stay there for a long long time until my stats are mammoth. i've invested all of my respect points earned in the top rp weapons i can buy and i'm also buying top cash weapons available on my level. the idea is to be stronger and be able to beat the boss in boss-events to win good weapons. also, increase my iph by upgrading my buildings and buy new LE buildings.

either it is cc or modern war, the boss events should be the focus because (if u r a free player) u cannot be sure if u'll win the 10 box events, can't be sure if u can win the 20 box event but u can always increase ur stats and beat the boss 40 times. oh well, my thoughts :)

psxnitro
05-02-2013, 12:20 AM
I would say buy explosives, The only respect item I bought from all the respect I accumulated since I started my camper over a year ago is 2 doomsday frags. Hoping to hit it lucky on the daily scratcher to get my 3rd one, Need 6k more.

bald zeemer
05-02-2013, 03:40 AM
Save a portion (over 50%, ideally), spend the rest to get some decent stats. Ideally do a spreadsheet of your inventory to figure out where you'd get the best bang for your buck.

No matter what, set a cap on sub-top RP items. As a rule of thumb I'd be incredibly wary of buying more than 100 of any.