PDA

View Full Version : Casualty rate

Erock
05-01-2013, 02:41 PM
Can someone explain the casualty rate? I have basically been bleeding dragons. I am losing then at a ridiculous rate. Even though I am bringing catapults into battle it seems that I only ever lose dragons. This occurs even when attacking players with half my stats sometimes. There have been times where my attack has been 100-150k higher than a player I am raiding and I'll lose two dragons while taking down a silo. Why aren't my crappy units going at a higher clip? I have my water temple up to lvl5 so far but it hasn't seem so effective.

Ratma2001
05-01-2013, 02:49 PM
You will keep loosing units unless you have your water temple higher even try to get it to 8 or 9 depending on your gold, the higher you have it the less chance of loosing units...i.e when i was playing ..last war some people lost in excess of 300 Dragoons, where as i only lost 43 , but be sure when in war that you check your Boost buildings regular for attacks as when they are rubble you get no boost from them.

BADMARKX
05-01-2013, 03:26 PM
Even though my water temple is less 24% casualties, I have not bought a cash or honor unit in months.
My cash is purely for upgrades and guild donations.

larrydavid
05-01-2013, 03:29 PM
Also, don't attack people who are higher than you. Always leads to casualties. I find if I attack someone 50k lower I never lost a unit.

Shinazueli
05-01-2013, 04:18 PM
How many dragons do you have compared to those lesser units? If you have 1k dragons and like 100 catapults then ofc you'll lose dragons.

bfdill
05-01-2013, 04:21 PM
The casualty rate seems arbitrary and the selected losses seems skewed towards the higher quality units. I always have fodder going to war and my top units seem to go first. I just don't get it, there seems to be no rhyme or reason to the losses...

bfdill
05-01-2013, 04:24 PM
How many dragons do you have compared to those lesser units? If you have 1k dragons and like 100 catapults then ofc you'll lose dragons.

I guess it makes sense that if you send more dragons out, more will die proportionally. Then is casualty rate not a factor? It's simply a random sampling of the population in the fight? That's seems wrong :-(

Shinazueli
05-01-2013, 04:34 PM
Casualty rate does matter. Lets hypothetically say that dragons have a 0.2% casualty rate, and catapults have a 0.4% casualty rate. If you take 1000 dragons to battle and 100 catapults, then if you have casualties, then you will lose 1000 * 0.1% = 1 dragon and 100 * 0.4% = 0.4 catapults. So you lose 1 dragon, and go wtf. Casualties are the price you pay for using cash units. I'd suggest only raiding high value targets, so if you do lose units, it won't hurt as much. My personal threshold is 200k over vault or anything bigger than a level 1 manor.

Also, you'll eventually get to the point where you will reach an equilibrium with casualties and raid income. You may be at this point already. So you need to stop looking at raiding as income at this point, and look at it like a way to sell units. You trade 1 dragon for whatever gold you managed to raid.

Erock
05-01-2013, 09:19 PM
Shinazueli, that explanation makes the most sense to me. I think I have hit that point. At the moment I'm bring about 800 dragons into battle and about 100 weaker units. Looks like I should focus less on raiding these LTQs are providing a large supply of indestructibles, so I'm slowly becoming less reliant on cash units.

echus14
05-01-2013, 09:29 PM
All I will say is that things are a lot better nowadays. In the bad old days (good grief, have I been playing this game that long ... roll eyes), it seemed that all you needed to do was look at a rival and you'd lose a unit! LOL