PDA

View Full Version : Going Overtime

Blizzard782
04-30-2013, 08:49 PM
For the box events, it is alright to go overtime or is it against any of the rules and regulations? Just wanted to make sure..

Ratma2001
04-30-2013, 08:59 PM
If you chose to go overtime then great..some people use it some dont..it comes down to how close you are in finishing the event..i have never done O.T but thats just me, if your 1 Boss away from the 50 i probably would

mee notyou
04-30-2013, 09:03 PM
What does this mean? Sorry for the ignorance but how do you 'go into overtime'?

Ratma2001
04-30-2013, 09:19 PM
If you wish to do Overtime..stay in KA on the event you wish to OT on ..dont leave event and keep playing event as normal..but if you close screen or leave the App it will finish.. downside is you cant collect any buildings/raid/start anything else whilst doing OT or log out from game

Shinazueli
04-30-2013, 10:04 PM
Only box events have OT I thought... Pretty sure every hit of the boss requires a server update.

Oretius1
04-30-2013, 10:32 PM
hey Ratma i thought The Tribe Has Spoken and you left the game, whats going on my brother
please dont tell me i was right and you were just looking for some attention.
or you just have poor will power.....whitchone is it?

Blizzard782
04-30-2013, 10:33 PM
But is it against any rules and regulations?

Johan -
04-30-2013, 11:06 PM
@ Blizzard782,
When the option is there to do it like that, why should it be against rules & regulations??
The longer in the quest the more gems can be used ;)

For the Boss quests, I also calculate every time till I just have enough energy to hit the boss 1 time with a little bit extra, so that I have a minimal bar left to do another shot, while when you exit the screen you normally need much more % of the bar to do the next hit, is that against the rules and regulations also? or is that just good strategy :)

Sixmoons
05-01-2013, 01:49 AM
But is it against any rules and regulations?

Are you serious ? Who cares ?

bgood
05-01-2013, 06:40 AM
hey Ratma i thought The Tribe Has Spoken and you left the game, whats going on my brother

You really are donkey. How many times does this need to be explained to you that he is still active in our community and forums. Ratma has many friends here obviously your not one of them so be merry go your own way and stop being a troll.

Bluedood
05-01-2013, 04:46 PM
For the tonic event I was stuck at 9 of 10 and the event was set to end in 20 minutes. I had to keep the app open on my phone and then woke up every hour to try and open one of the 14 boxes left. My friend told me if my phone rang it would kick me out of overtime, so that added some excitement and fear. By 2pm the following day I gave up, opened 5 or 6 boxes to find gold and honor.

I was able to play the game and vault gold, just could not turn the game off or check anything else on the phone. Not sure if it was worth going into overtime, but it was fun trying to get the final unit.

Timbathia
05-01-2013, 05:52 PM
For the box events, it is alright to go overtime or is it against any of the rules and regulations? Just wanted to make sure..

This really is a good question. Overtime is the exploitation of a glitch/programming fault that everyone seems entirely comfortable with. There are one or two other glitches everyone also seems happpy taking advantage of, whereas some glitches that were taken advantage of in other games have led to players being called cheats, etc.

I am not taking sides one way or the other, but it is a good question (the fact that it is about the oldest glitch in these games and Gree have never fixed it suggests that it is not a particulary bad one, but.....).

Shinazueli
05-01-2013, 06:03 PM
The fact that Gree has never fixed it does not in any way mean that it is acceptable. That's a logic error. I'm not even sure how they could "fix" it, and I know one or two things about code. The box system is uniquely set up for this to happen, and it would probably require more work to redesign it from scratch than its worth.

I'm not condoning or condemning going overtime. There is a fine line between " clever use of game mechanics" and "exploiting". It's merely a question of how much risk you are willing to take. If you are a CFP then you can take more risk. For those who are more invested into the game, it's more of a risk, but not much nonetheless because Gree hasn't even managed to clear out the blatant violators. I like having a forum account, and I'm well aware of the rules, so no names here.

It's like people who drive 5 over the speed limit. Probably safe from the cops, but if you have a dead hooker in the trunk, probably should stay at 55. Just saying.

Timbathia
05-01-2013, 06:34 PM
The fact that Gree has never fixed it does not in any way mean that it is acceptable. That's a logic error. I'm not even sure how they could "fix" it, and I know one or two things about code. The box system is uniquely set up for this to happen, and it would probably require more work to redesign it from scratch than its worth.

I'm not condoning or condemning going overtime. There is a fine line between " clever use of game mechanics" and "exploiting". It's merely a question of how much risk you are willing to take. If you are a CFP then you can take more risk. For those who are more invested into the game, it's more of a risk, but not much nonetheless because Gree hasn't even managed to clear out the blatant violators. I like having a forum account, and I'm well aware of the rules, so no names here.

It's like people who drive 5 over the speed limit. Probably safe from the cops, but if you have a dead hooker in the trunk, probably should stay at 55. Just saying.

I like your analogy.

I never said it was acceptable.

bfdill
05-01-2013, 07:15 PM
I'm not sure if what I did was overtime or not, but I continued to play the Cupid event after it ended for a week, opening all of my boxes, to no avail :-(

I was able to exit the box screen and reopen it with no issue and the countdown timer for event time left said "ending soon". This may be an exploit because it probably isn't what the developers intended, but it is within the confines of the game they've created. Next thing you know, playing a box event like mad during a daylight savings glitch will be considered hacking...

Anyway... It seems like the developer should be able to propagate the event end time into the 'perform action' button's enabled property and disable it as soon as the event has finished. There may be logistical issues with timezones, so they could pad the hard stop at end time plus 12 hours, leaving a little room for error, but this should be easy to fix.

Shinazueli
05-01-2013, 07:25 PM
I honestly think it's a matter of priorities. I think their business model involves hiring as few people as humanly possible in order to maximize profits. Then subtract 50% of the people.

This means that they are exceptionally resource limited, and must devote their time to their most important projects: the ones that maximize revenue. Bug fixes only affect revenue when this forum and the overall game gets angry enough to start jihad'ing the company, and the words "boycott" and "refund" start getting thrown around, by their top spenders in concert. I've seen exceptionally quick reaction times on two occasions, once during the MW million soldier march of December and once here this past month during the Great Guild Get-together.

So they fix things once everyone starts getting pissed to the point of not spending. That takes a while, and in the meantime, they go put out fires in their other three games and leave us to our own devices.

This was a bit longer than I intended, so yeah.

Also, I wanted to throw this out there, did you guys know that MQ went over a week without an LTQ or event!? I just popped into their forum for a minute and they were dying lol. I told them I wish we had their problem, riled them up unintentionally lol.

DontBanMe
05-01-2013, 07:59 PM

Agreed quit being a donkey and stop trolling. Regardless of what ratma elects to do it is none of your concern. You should be thankful for his experience and advice.

Nacon10
05-01-2013, 08:03 PM
going overtime is the best thing not talked about more

festivus
05-02-2013, 09:12 AM
If you wish to do Overtime..stay in KA on the event you wish to OT on ..dont leave event and keep playing event as normal..but if you close screen or leave the App it will finish.. downside is you cant collect any buildings/raid/start anything else whilst doing OT or log out from game

you can leave the event, just don't close the KA app. Once you close KA, the event ends. As long as you stay in KA, it shows the event will end "soon".

Chups
05-02-2013, 09:25 AM
The threadstarter was talking about box events not the boss events. And yes...it is not illegal.