PDA

View Full Version : New Player Questions! Need Help Please

Wraithtx
04-30-2013, 02:45 PM
Well I just stumbled upon this game and I like it.

I already purchased two vaults of gold and am only level 10.

I read many of the FAQs but they appear to be old and outdated. I have used the search function to try and get most of my questions resolved. However, I still have a couple and am wondering if any veterans can help me?

I want to grow and get stronger, however i do not want to get farmed up from whales. I plan on spending about 100 dollars a month. My current IPH is 27889 I have been playing for about 3 days. I am currently only building cash structures and upgrades. I have purchased several crates and with 5 alliance members have 3k attk 3.5k defense.

Questions

1) Should I stay low level? I want to compete in the current event/war, but I do not think I can level up intime to compete and be competitive?

2) What should I spend future gold bars on? I have been burning them on 3x Crates for units and was thinking about getting the limited edition sets (I am Russian). What are the breakdown for efficient gold bar spending?

3) Would any factions take me in at such a low level? My player id 481-283-056 I know I cant offer much other than being active and participating. What should I aim for as far as stats as a rough baseline for play? I am setting the bar low and am just trying to get into a faction to get the particpation rewards to start while I continue to level up my account.

4) Should I even try? with the game being close to two years old does a new player like myself even stand a chance? I read keep your ally count low and turtle was the best strategy until i get 150k IPH but that guide/faq was from 2012

5) I used the search function and could not find any current 2013 guides is there any out there? Are there any current blogs to read up on for news and articles about this game? Are there any decent youtube videos that explain the current meta game?

Sardaukar
04-30-2013, 02:48 PM
Get out now while you still can. I'm not even kidding.

Gritix
04-30-2013, 02:51 PM
Agreed, leave before the game takes you over and besides your level 10 and you have already spent $200? Wow I must say you are a noob so this can't be fake.

Sardaukar
04-30-2013, 02:53 PM
$200 is nothing in this game. You will have to spend thousands upon thousands of dollars to compete with the higher tier players. If you dropped that money so easily, then you may be just the type of person a game like this could financially ruin. Just a fair warning. Fun, but dangerous.

helli0n
04-30-2013, 03:00 PM
Get out now while you still can. I'm not even kidding. i agree, quit while you're ahead

Wraithtx
04-30-2013, 03:00 PM
OKay seems like we have questions 4 answered what about the rest? Thanks for the warnings the money I spent is discretionary.

Brahmin
04-30-2013, 03:10 PM
I've been playing for a couple months now, and like you I'm still learning, but here is some of what I've learned.

1. Best gold you can spend is on a composites factory, upgraded to level 10 it will add %20 to you total unit defense.
2. After that the best way to improve your stats w/out leveling up is through LE sets and crates
3. Leveling up is best done during Boss events. That way you can maximize your indestructible units as you progress.
4. The best way to learn and develop a good strategy to this game is this forum.

In addition if you really want to be competitive I would recommend a little patience before you start leveling up willy nilly. Don't get me wrong leveling up is not all bad its just that you want make sure your stats are improving sufficiently as you level up. When I first started this game, before I found this forum, I thought you wanted to level up as quickly as possible so I was doing as many missions as I could as fast as I could. Big Mistake. Fortunately you have found this forum early so you are on the right track.

mgriss
04-30-2013, 03:26 PM
I agree with everything that has been said. Save leveling for the best events and be patient. Build your IPH and vault size so when there are limited edition buildings and for building upgrades you won't have to atk/raid (earning xp) to get them. If you stop leveling you shouldn't need to buy more gold until you're ready to stop camping and participate in all events, not many players your level are buying crates. Events like bosses and LTQs are really the best bang for your gold buck, but the leveling, especially in LTQs, can hurt if you're not ready, with the result being either needing to buy more crates to stay on top of your tier and/or needing to atk/raid for cash. I've started other camping accounts in crime city and kingdom age to keep myself occupied while trying not to level on MW.

mgriss
04-30-2013, 03:35 PM
I don't agree with camping/turtling until your atk/def is 150k... that seems extreme. Do it until you're at a point where you can win events like bosses for free and LTQs with less than a vault, at which point you can stay well ahead of most players with moderate gold spending.

Muse_boa
04-30-2013, 03:37 PM
I've been playing for a little more than a month and am now level 60. Which is fast, but why go slow? The game will most likely not interest me anymore in 6 months, so why camp. Instead i raid a lot for getting the ranking points. I became a sergeant as fast as i could, so i woud stay under the radar. That worked. Besides that your money buildings halve low levels, so why bother to raid them. I spend very little money on the game, but if you want to spend, don't spend it on buying units, but on the composite factory and on health for the limeted quests. They give you indestructibles with much higher att/def stats than normal gold units. You can join a faction and be of use, by attacking the def leader with an powerattack. For wd events it makes sense to have more allies so the opposite doesn't pick you out too easily. It will only be more difficult to win battles. Well so far my method.

Burnt
04-30-2013, 03:38 PM
I've been playing for a couple months now, and like you I'm still learning, but here is some of what I've learned.

1. Best gold you can spend is on a composites factory, upgraded to level 10 it will add to you total unit defense.
2. After that the best way to improve your stats w/out leveling up is through LE sets and crates
3. Leveling up is best done during Boss events. That way you can maximize your indestructible units as you progress.
4. The best way to learn and develop a good strategy to this game is this forum.

In addition if you really want to be competitive I would recommend a little patience before you start leveling up willy nilly. Don't get me wrong leveling up is not all bad its just that you want make sure your stats are improving sufficiently as you level up. When I first started this game, before I found this forum, I thought you wanted to level up as quickly as possible so I was doing as many missions as I could as fast as I could. Big Mistake. Fortunately you have found this forum early so you are on the right track.

Completely agree with this strategy. To point #3, check out Sillybeans thread on Boss events:

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?44568-Boss-Information&highlight=sillybeans

I would add one more point to Brahmin:

5. Focus on building your economy.

Blest@iBOB!.mw
04-30-2013, 03:43 PM
Get out now while you still can. I'm not even kidding.

I agree... I wish i never found this app...

Muse_boa
04-30-2013, 03:46 PM
Addition: i scout for raiding oilfields, oilrigs and oremines, except for one oremine i didn't build the oilthings yet because of that. There are good alternatives

BADMARKX
04-30-2013, 04:58 PM
I wish I was you right now. Much as in real life, if I could do it all again...

McNasti
04-30-2013, 05:40 PM
Just camp it out and hope things change around here. Money spent is money wasted.

McNasti
04-30-2013, 06:02 PM
and there's literally nothing worth using gold for until you're at least 20k a/d and level 30 or so. Don't spend any of it until you figure out the game more.

Jahootie
04-30-2013, 06:22 PM
One thing I never did...grow vault...best thing you can do

Durt McGurt
04-30-2013, 06:26 PM
One thing I never did...grow vault...best thing you can do

Not needed when you can generate billions at anytime huh.
Oh jahootie, you are so silly.

Jahootie
04-30-2013, 06:38 PM
Lol...your such a douche

Jahootie
04-30-2013, 06:43 PM
And don't slip in the shower
Probably in a gay bath house

WarDynasty
04-30-2013, 07:16 PM
My $0.02 worth. So far, your doing well. Use your gold and buy the composite factory and buy it now! It's relatively cheap to upgrade and upgrade as fast as you can. This is probably the best purchase you can make. Try to always do the big 3 at once; 1. Upgrade 2. Expand and 3. Build. Oh yeah, always increase your vault also.

To generate cash, go through your rival list and check to see how much cash your rivals have on hand. You will be able to raid these newbies and catch them over vault. Use that cash to upgrade, expand, and build. As far as the limited events, you will probably have to be at level 40 with certain buildings to participate.

When you do level up, make sure you use your skill points WISELY! Always add skill points to your attack / defense and either save the third one or use it on your energy. I have found that a good energy to have is around 1000-1500. The more stamina you have, the more you can raid and steal cash. When applying skill points make sure to keep them even. Don't get them unbalanced. You will find when you start getting decent skill points, you will be able to successfully attack rivals a little higher than you. Rotate your skill points between stamina; which takes 2 and the others.

Don't buy cheap units that have high casualty rates. Although you will need these units to continue through the levels, when you have extra cash and don't want to go over vault, buy expensive, low casualty rate units. Try to build your unit buildings, and your IPH. Depending on what direction you want to go, there are different strategies. If your going to camp for awhile, keep your allies corresponding with your unit total. If you want to participate in WD, you will need to get them up several hundred as to not be a sitting duck. You will be useful to some factions but this comes with a price without increasing allies.

In WD, the only thing your enemy sees prior to attacking is your name and ally count. It's human nature to find the rival with the lowest ally count (thinking this is probably the weakest member) and attack! If this proves to be true (you being a weak player). They will focus in on you and rack up points in a hurry! This also depends on your factions strategy. If your using gold in WD, you would probably just be used to attack the fortification, but having only 3,xxx atk/ defense you will spending a lot of money on gold for very little if no reward.

The three crate buys are good, the LE sets are better when you complete the set. I personally only get the ones offering 2 or 3 units then you get a bonus one; rare, uncommon or common.

A good rule of thumb also is when you can successfully go through your rival list and have higher stats than 80 - 90% of your rivals, level up. Continue doing the same until you find yourself higher than most, level up. Not too fast, but not too slow. When you get to the levels where you can participate in the boss events and other events, use your gold on these events. You will achieve lots of indestructible units. You'll use your gold (20 bars) to refill your energy to 1000 max. When you do this, you will be able to complete the events and see your stats sky rocket. Using gold in these events will prove to be much more effective and cost worthy than just buying units.

Be patient and protect your wallet!! It can eat you up if your not careful. Good luck in your quest.

Sergeant

Wraithtx
05-01-2013, 11:16 AM
Thanks for all the feedback I appreciate it.

Are there no active blogs or youtube video casts on this game?

mistergreen
05-01-2013, 11:41 AM
Well I just stumbled upon this game and I like it.

I already purchased two vaults of gold and am only level 10.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaa! I'm sorry.

Sardaukar
05-01-2013, 11:48 AM
Thanks for all the feedback I appreciate it.

Are there no active blogs or youtube video casts on this game?

Who wants to open a betting pool for when this guy comes back posting that he lost everything and just needs some money to buy "just one more vault"???

mgriss
05-01-2013, 12:50 PM
@WarDynasty... great tips I agree with almost everything you said, my only disagreement is keeping skill points for atk and def equal. Definitely keep them not too far apart, but the way I understand how they work, it's all behind-the-scenes random factor. When someone decides to atk you they look at your defense and make a judgement call based on previous experience with attacking that defense number, which does not include the skill points. Therefore there is a little bit of "herd immunity" with the defense skill points, even if you haven't allotted many points to defense your attacker probably assumes you did as well as others. I keep my defense skill points about 2/3-3/4 where my attack is. I probably lose a few more battles, but I think it's worth it to keep my attack reliably high. Nitpicky detail I know, but I've been paying a lot of attention to skill points since the LTQs rolled out and I don't feel bad skipping defense.

PIRATE JUSTICE
05-01-2013, 01:07 PM
OP, don't be listening to them junkies. Run, run as fast as you can. Get out now. Don't look back, please, don't look back. Get out now, it gets worse.

qqqq
05-01-2013, 01:28 PM
just my 2 cents: don't waste gold at now on crates, buy a composite factory; level up as slow as possible; don't worry to join a faction now, your too weak and joining a top 4000 faction has no sense, you can easily get a prize like that in a boss event; increase your IPH without using gold, also fake money count in this game, and don't think you can survive at level 100 if you haven't at least 1 million ph; use skill points only on defense until lvl 50; if you are Russian flag unlock asap B52 for attack and SSD for defense and buy only these; upgrade all boost buildings to lvl 10; at the end what most counts in this game is patience, more than real gold. I'm level 120, 220k/300k a/d, 1,3 mil iph and have been playing for one year.

PIRATE JUSTICE
05-01-2013, 01:31 PM
In the end, bottom line, don't waste your time or your money playing this gme. It sucks. It's always sucked.

Lanc1988
05-01-2013, 01:53 PM
I would recommend spending gold on the composite factory and using it in these chain quest events because you can get so many good units

Muse_boa
05-01-2013, 01:55 PM
@WarDynasty... great tips I agree with almost everything you said, my only disagreement is keeping skill points for atk and def equal. Definitely keep them not too far apart, but the way I understand how they work, it's all behind-the-scenes random factor. When someone decides to atk you they look at your defense and make a judgement call based on previous experience with attacking that defense number, which does not include the skill points. Therefore there is a little bit of "herd immunity" with the defense skill points, even if you haven't allotted many points to defense your attacker probably assumes you did as well as others. I keep my defense skill points about 2/3-3/4 where my attack is. I probably lose a few more battles, but I think it's worth it to keep my attack reliably high. Nitpicky detail I know, but I've been paying a lot of attention to skill points since the LTQs rolled out and I don't feel bad skipping defense.
I am not sure about that, i have levelled up attack and defence skills (to around 22 or so) and many times i win a battle when i get attacked, sometimes from someone whose attack stat is 5 -10 k higher than my def stat

mgriss
05-01-2013, 05:24 PM
I am not sure about that, i have levelled up attack and defence skills (to around 22 or so) and many times i win a battle when i get attacked, sometimes from someone whose attack stat is 5 -10 k higher than my def stat

Sure, that happens to me too. I'm just saying I'm not hurting from when it doesn't happen and I lose. At lvl 104 my skill allotment is 70/54 a/d, 1500 energy, and 35 stamina, I don't think I'm losing too many attacks and I'm glad I have high energy for these LTQs, high stamina to earn cash in a pinch, and high attack so my atk stats don't fluctuate down as much as others. With 135/198k a/d my rival's list is maybe 80% weaker than me, and don't get attacked by people with less than 200k atk who would probably defeat me anyway.

Muse_boa
05-01-2013, 11:31 PM
Sure, that happens to me too. I'm just saying I'm not hurting from when it doesn't happen and I lose. At lvl 104 my skill allotment is 70/54 a/d, 1500 energy, and 35 stamina, I don't think I'm losing too many attacks and I'm glad I have high energy for these LTQs, high stamina to earn cash in a pinch, and high attack so my atk stats don't fluctuate down as much as others. With 135/198k a/d my rival's list is maybe 80% weaker than me, and don't get attacked by people with less than 200k atk who would probably defeat me anyway.
Yeah, i guess that's true, i'll change my strategy (if you can call it that)

hound
05-02-2013, 07:04 AM
No seriously- Quit now! or just go ahead and buy $10,000 worth of gold pixels.