PDA

View Full Version : Does being a high level help with anything?

Jarconis
04-30-2013, 10:42 AM
Hey guys, I've been playing for around 2 years and I'm lvl 194 currently, but correct me if I'm wrong, but being my lvl only hurts me which seems ass backwards to almost every other game out there. Is there some benefit I'm not seeing?

goldenarchie
04-30-2013, 10:53 AM
you give great points!! lol

Sillybeans
04-30-2013, 10:57 AM
Unless u ****ed up with energy/stamina then no...

Durt McGurt
04-30-2013, 11:02 AM
Hey guys, I've been playing for around 2 years and I'm lvl 194 currently, but correct me if I'm wrong, but being my lvl only hurts me which seems ass backwards to almost every other game out there. Is there some benefit I'm not seeing?

Nope, no benefit. In the big events you are a target and you score less points per hit on average. I believe it is Gree's way of forcing you out.

Jarconis
04-30-2013, 11:03 AM
Crap, that's pretty weak. Gree should def give incentives like certain units are only available at lvl 200+

Major Silverback
04-30-2013, 11:09 AM
Obviously, more skills pts help you and u can bring more units into battle. Each time I level, my stats go up cause of additional units.

Sardaukar
04-30-2013, 11:13 AM
Once you reach level 100, you can bring 2000 units into battle. Gree should have restricted the power of gold units LLP can get but they really messed up this game mechanic.

I've seen players at level 80 with over 600K in stats. Unbalanced as hell, even for a two tier system.

Burnt
04-30-2013, 11:17 AM
I don't understand why people think that an HLP doesn't have an advantage in WD events. I'm an MLP and we get matched up with HLPs all the time in WD events. So unless you didn't play the game right, you should beat me everytime. Not only do you have a statistical advantage, but naturally you have more targets to select from. My $0.02.

Sardaukar
04-30-2013, 11:19 AM
Leveling up in this game is a consequence of missions and attacking other players. Not necessarily of getting stronger. IMO Gree made being high level more of a liability thanks to these WD events.

Burnt
04-30-2013, 11:26 AM
Leveling up in this game is a consequence of missions and attacking other players. Not necessarily of getting stronger. IMO Gree made being high level more of a liability thanks to these WD events.

I guess the next logical question would be, "Why would you level up without getting stronger?" That would got to my point of not playing the game right, IMO.

Sardaukar
04-30-2013, 11:29 AM
If you are a gold player you don't need to level up to get stronger. Just spend some money. Then you can camp at low levels and pummel other players during PVP events. Additionally, all of the higher level players strong enough to beat you will get lower points and are less likely to bother attacking you.

When I was a free player, keeping the stat/level ratio over 1000 was extremely difficult and I was still outclassed by gold players on a regular basis.

Free players level up and get stronger but there is no way they will keep up with even a moderate gold spender.

Burnt
04-30-2013, 11:34 AM
If you are a gold player you don't need to level up to get stronger. Just spend some money. Then you can camp at low levels and pummel other players during PVP events. Additionally, all of the higher level players strong enough to beat you will get lower points and are less likely to bother attacking you.

When I was a free player, keeping the stat/level ratio over 1000 was extremely difficult and I was still outclassed by gold players on a regular basis.

Free players level up and get stronger but there is no way they will keep up with even a moderate gold spender.

No disagreeing with that. Gold trumps all, but the question still remains: Does an HLP have an advantage in WD? The answer should simply be "yes."

Sardaukar
04-30-2013, 11:45 AM
If you are asking if an HLP has any advantage at all? Well, yeah, of course you can list advantages of that. I'm quite sure there is at least one. Higher ATT and DEF multipliers aren't good enough IMO and as I stated before, you reach the unit cap at level 100 so what are the real benefits of leveling up past that point?

My point is that if you are smart in this game, you will stay low level for as long as possible. Unless of course, you like getting pummeled by the bigger fish because you leveled up too fast.

Please feel free to provide supporting points for your side.

Durt McGurt
04-30-2013, 11:49 AM
I guess the next logical question would be, "Why would you level up without getting stronger?" That would got to my point of not playing the game right, IMO.

In the Wd events, as a HLP, I have the ability to beat llp & mlp's like yourself. But the result is low points. So The target is anyone higher level. You could be level 250 w/ A/D over a mill and in WD...still a target and still score lower points on average than a mlp or llp.

mgriss
04-30-2013, 12:38 PM
The idea for the 2000 units cap and WD points is to force addicted HLPs to use gold for better units increased stats and medpacks for WD points. I'm lvl 103 with 130/190k a/d and while I can still make big WD points on HLPs I need reward units to increase my stats... my 600k iph is never gonna buy me enough units to increase stats significantly.

Jman
04-30-2013, 12:54 PM
If I'm not mistaken you do more damage to walls and command centers, a great incentive to level up :cool:

Burnt
04-30-2013, 01:09 PM
In the Wd events, as a HLP, I have the ability to beat llp & mlp's like yourself. But the result is low points. So The target is anyone higher level. You could be level 250 w/ A/D over a mill and in WD...still a target and still score lower points on average than a mlp or llp.

Right, but those same HLP targets you are talking about, I don't even have a snowballs chance. So while your whiskfully mashing your button, racking up points, I'm sitting idle until one of my scouts finds a suitable target. I look at this as an advantage.

Sardaukar
04-30-2013, 01:18 PM
Burnt, what was your faction rank in the previous events? The tier that you compete in will determine a bit of your play style and may explain why your experiences could lead you to believe having a higher level is desirable.

Burnt
04-30-2013, 01:39 PM
Burnt, what was your faction rank in the previous events? The tier that you compete in will determine a bit of your play style and may explain why your experiences could lead you to believe having a higher level is desirable.

Sardaukar, I wouldn't say that one is better than the other. The question (in my feeble mind) that was posed was whether an HLP has any advantage in a WD event. To that, I would say, with all things being equal, if I played MW the same way as my MLP, my HLP would be untouchable if they were fighting each other.

Sardaukar
04-30-2013, 01:44 PM
If the only variable was level and everything else was equal (in proportion), then yes, the HLP would have the advantage. However, we do not play in a vacuum and that theory is not particularly applicable in actual gameplay. That is why low level players with high stats are particularly valuable right now.

And no need to be self deprecating. I don't think any of us believe your mind to be feeble. Joking or not.

Burnt
04-30-2013, 02:05 PM
Absolutely, low level players are more valuable than HLP, but they shouldn't be able beat a HLP. If they do, they should be rewarded. If your scenario is applied, all missions should have the same experience and payout?

Sardaukar
04-30-2013, 02:08 PM
Like I said in my last post. Theory vs practice.

Wraithtx
04-30-2013, 02:11 PM
I am only level 10 but good to know to hold off leveling

Burnt
04-30-2013, 02:16 PM
Honestly, I call it math.

MLP - Lvl 60 brings 1200 untis
HLP - Lvl 200 brings brings 2000 units

If each brought in a 10/10 a/d unit the MLP would have 12k/12k and the HLP would have 20k/20k. Nevermind HLPs also have access to higher units and skill points, or is that theory?

Sardaukar
04-30-2013, 02:21 PM
I'm sorry but I'm not going to explain this to you any further. Please continue to level up at your leisure and enjoy being the punching bag for your faction.

Brahmin
04-30-2013, 02:51 PM
So the bottom line here is... it's still best to be as strong as you can at the lowest level possible.

Jarconis
04-30-2013, 02:53 PM
:( this thread kicked me right in the feels. That's what I get for playing this game for so long and never looking to see if there was a forum to research what I was doing

United Nation of Foxes
04-30-2013, 03:18 PM
you give great points!! lol

Bingo

TOffs hat to Archie

United Nation of Foxes
04-30-2013, 03:19 PM
@op

It's to late for you as you have clearly not understood the game mechanics well enough

Good luck to you

Jarconis
04-30-2013, 03:22 PM
Haha I downloaded this game waiting in a doctor's office because I was bored. I never really sought out to understand the game for a very long time until the faction stuff came around.

procsyzarc
04-30-2013, 04:52 PM
Sardaukar, I wouldn't say that one is better than the other. The question (in my feeble mind) that was posed was whether an HLP has any advantage in a WD event. To that, I would say, with all things being equal, if I played MW the same way as my MLP, my HLP would be untouchable if they were fighting each other.

Until it is WD time and your high level takes 10k+ losses and loses 50k stats while your low level goes untouched. In the meantime your low level can stock up on indestructible units from bosses while your high level can't.

The only advantage to leveling is it is more fun to actually be able to play the game and pvp and do missions and just not worry about the losses you take rather than having to worry about every xp point. If Gree would stop punishing people for playing the game and leveling they might find they would make even more money.

Best thing anyone can do is accept there will also be someone stronger who is going to beat you and there will always be someone weaker for you to beat so just play the game and have fun. Accepting I will never be the top player has saved me 10’s of thousands of dollars with no real negative impact on the fun of the game.

Mddlefnger215
04-30-2013, 05:04 PM
As a HLP in The McGurt faction, i concur...theres not many perks of being a HLP! Im a lvl 234 with Def in the 500k range & i was a MAJOR target in Ireland. One of our other members is a Level 250 with def stats over 700k & he had almst 7000 losses in Ireland. Its an unfair disadvantage of being a high level player! its almst like Gree is punishing u for playing the game hard & daily & now with the new event, i almst have to complete them to get thw boosted stats just so LLP's & MLP's cant touch me, which in turn makes me level up even more & makes me a bigger mark for PUN & Ferr or SuperFaction warriors tht are much bigger then me. Its like a cant win situation almost....

I personally feel as though WD pts should strictly be based on att & def stats

Burnt
04-30-2013, 05:36 PM
Best thing anyone can do is accept there will also be someone stronger who is going to beat you and there will always be someone weaker for you to beat so just play the game and have fun. Accepting I will never be the top player has saved me 10’s of thousands of dollars with no real negative impact on the fun of the game.

Agree 100%.

I do agree with the rest of what you are saying as well. I think I'm just looking at it differently. I'm not saying that I'd rather be an HLP in the whale zone. All I'm trying to say is that an HLP "should" have an advantage over an MLP in WD events and therefore has an advantage in that category and that category only.

McNasti
04-30-2013, 05:44 PM
In terms of WD events, I've never seen a real correlation between hitting a HLP vs a LLP. Sometimes I get 350-400 WD just as easily off a level 40 as I do level 120s. Sometimes its the exact opposite. It's all over the place. Who knows how it's really calculated.

Jcab12002
04-30-2013, 05:49 PM
I am working with people aligning their stats. My team have doubled and tripled their stats each war. Feel free to join my faction and I can help you. we just missed 500 and need that extra help. our faction changed direction and believe we will be around 300 next war. looking for people who have same beliefs. the main thing is several times a day your strength does not matter we can work on that. 735 112 808 ready aim fire...... the growing faction

xknite
04-30-2013, 11:45 PM
I did find a benefit of high level (I am being cynical) :)
The amount of money you get for a vault of cash is related to your level, so at a higher level, purchasing the vault of cash will give u more money! (This is only true for cash, gold is the same for all levels)

Kot
04-30-2013, 11:58 PM
I will say yes. You can see all the high lvl hackers and raide 10lvl le buildings;)

BADMARKX
05-01-2013, 12:09 AM
:( this thread kicked me right in the feels. That's what I get for playing this game for so long and never looking to see if there was a forum to research what I was doing
Me at the start of faction wars. Don't worry. You haven't "wasted" two years of playing. Have a plan and try to get as much value as you can for what you put in.

jon_funzio
05-01-2013, 05:43 AM
I did find a benefit of high level (I am being cynical) :)
The amount of money you get for a vault of cash is related to your level, so at a higher level, purchasing the vault of cash will give u more money! (This is only true for cash, gold is the same for all levels)
I understood that the cash yielded is a multiplier based on your IPH moderated by what buildings you have? At least, the multiplier decreased when I build an AMR, whether that is because I have the AMR or because Gree tweaked their multipliers I am unsure.

fuzzlenutz
05-01-2013, 08:33 AM
Agreed Durt
Among other ways
Gree Doesn't want us anymore to much headache

Nope, no benefit. In the big events you are a target and you score less points per hit on average. I believe it is Gree's way of forcing you out.