PDA

View Full Version : Automatic gold bonus program...80 dollar vaults is counted as 60 dollars vaults!

Vito Corleone
04-29-2013, 11:53 PM
Apparently there's a glitch/bug that 80 dollars vaults (with 20% discount) is only counted as 60 dollars against the different tiers. 1000/2000 dollars tiers and so on.
People who then think they have reached 2000 dollars are suddenly 400 dollars off this target.

Don't know if they can easily fix this or if they have to go through everyones account after sending tickets in.

BigMoney
04-30-2013, 12:07 AM
Oh s---, really? I'm counting on a large bonus for the syndicate battle and that number was based on the $80 vault price which I bought quite a few of before the last battle. I even bought a stupid $5 gold thing just in case they were going to tell me I was pennies short ($99.99 instead of $100). I spent just enough for the next tier and I don't want to shell out any more because of their stupid calculations.

Edit: that's going to be a huge monkey wrench in the upcoming syndicate battle because I presume they'll be giving the bonuses during the battle, yes?

Vito Corleone
04-30-2013, 12:11 AM
I have many outstanding tickets regarding the bonus program and the amount I have spent etc. And these tickets aren't answered. Then I hear other players getting replies in perhaps 3 days after submitting tickets. Just don't get it...

nopenopenope
04-30-2013, 01:43 AM
I spent just enough for the next tier and I don't want to shell out any more because of their stupid calculations.Not such big money after all, eh?

BigMoney
04-30-2013, 02:04 AM
Not such big money after all, eh?

There's a difference between not being able to afford something and not wanting to waste money on something. As far as I'm concerned, any vaults purchased above a given tier amount are a waste unless you're going for the next tier. I've already thrown enough money at GREE as it is, I don't need any more of this, "you need one more vault for the next tier of the bonus program." (purchases a vault) "Oh sorry, did we say one more? We meant three more." and so on.

TZora
04-30-2013, 02:12 AM
gree defines crimecity very well lol

Vito Corleone
04-30-2013, 02:31 AM
If they do it automatic it shouldn't have to be that heard that you log in your account and see how much you have spent.

nopenopenope
04-30-2013, 03:04 AM
There's a difference between not being able to afford something and not wanting to waste money on something.

Invalid. Big Money don't care.

BigMoney
04-30-2013, 03:07 AM
Invalid. Big Money don't care.

My name is BigMoney, not DumbMoney. ;)

Carlos Norris
04-30-2013, 06:50 AM
My name is BigMoney, not DumbMoney. ;)

http://i1300.photobucket.com/albums/ag96/qwerty9702/17_zps1c6fd469.png (http://s1300.photobucket.com/user/qwerty9702/media/17_zps1c6fd469.png.html)

BigMoney
04-30-2013, 08:01 AM
Apparently there's a glitch/bug that 80 dollars vaults (with 20% discount) is only counted as 60 dollars against the different tiers. 1000/2000 dollars tiers and so on.
People who then think they have reached 2000 dollars are suddenly 400 dollars off this target.

Don't know if they can easily fix this or if they have to go through everyones account after sending tickets in.

Just curious, but how did you discover that the discounted vaults only counted as $60 purchases?

Ben Weston
04-30-2013, 09:01 AM
whats the big shock here? the tiers are levelled based on actual money spent not on gold bought so obviously you need to buy more of a discounted product as you haven't spent enough to reach a certain threshold.

its no different to any bonus program run by a retailer, in the uk a shop called Tesco run a clubcard scheme where you get points back per £ spent, would you expect to get full points even when things are discounted or there's a multi-buy offer? the points are earned by spending £/$, not by volume received!

THERE IS NO GLITCH OR ERROR HERE!!!

nopenopenope
04-30-2013, 09:08 AM
Yeah you tell 'em Ben!

+1 for dem not beeing so smurt awfterawll

Carlos Norris
04-30-2013, 09:12 AM
Wait a sec, are you trying to explain this away with logic and reason? I don't think that is going to go over too well with the dumb-dumbs.

whats the big shock here? the tiers are levelled based on actual money spent not on gold bought so obviously you need to buy more of a discounted product as you haven't spent enough to reach a certain threshold.

its no different to any bonus program run by a retailer, in the uk a shop called Tesco run a clubcard scheme where you get points back per £ spent, would you expect to get full points even when things are discounted or there's a multi-buy offer? the points are earned by spending £/$, not by volume received!

THERE IS NO GLITCH OR ERROR HERE!!!

Vito Corleone
04-30-2013, 10:13 AM
Just curious, but how did you discover that the discounted vaults only counted as $60 purchases?A teammate to me had sent a ticket and inquiring if the 2k tier had been met and got as reply that 400 dollars were missing from that tier. My teammate answered and specified exactly what had been bought and got as reply that due to a glitch the 80 dollars vaults had been counted as 60 dollars. They corrected that and whops he had passed the 2k tier.

Vito Corleone
04-30-2013, 10:17 AM
He got reply after 3 days. Me myself have sent tickets inquiring my current spending many weeks ago...no answer.
Don't know if they treat certain players in some prioritized order.

DenZ1
04-30-2013, 11:36 AM
Hasn't posted in a while.
That's another screw up on a Gree side, but you already got screwed way more even before this glitch. You guys keep buying gold in vaults trying to hit the target and enticing Gree to keep this new auto gold program in place based on $ spend. With all the right ingredients (Gree and iTunes cards sales) I used to get to 50k bonus with about $1,120 spend (considering all the taxes to pay). Now its $2000 no matter what. Yeah, you get a bit more gold in additional vaults but 80% increase in price would never appeal for me to participate in program again unless its back to old format. If you have uber deep pockets, then its all moo point but for players like me its a go/no go decision. So that glitch not such a decision maker after all.
Just my 2 cents.

Dr BoneCrusher
04-30-2013, 11:44 AM
Hasn't posted in a while.
That's another screw up on a Gree side, but you already got screwed way more even before this glitch. You guys keep buying gold in vaults trying to hit the target and enticing Gree to keep this new auto gold program in place based on $ spend. With all the right ingredients (Gree and iTunes cards sales) I used to get to 50k bonus with about $1,120 spend (considering all the taxes to pay). Now its $2000 no matter what. Yeah, you get a bit more gold in additional vaults but 80% increase in price would never appeal for me to participate in program again unless its back to old format. If you have uber deep pockets, then its all moo point but for players like me its a go/no go decision. So that glitch not such a decision maker after all.
Just my 2 cents.

+1................

CJ54
04-30-2013, 11:59 AM

Nope, not the case. Tiers are the normal stated tier amounts.

Vito Corleone
04-30-2013, 03:23 PM
Nope, not the case. Tiers are the normal stated tier amounts.
I didn't dispute the tier amounts...just that the 80 dollars vaults had been counted as 60 for my teammate.
And I assume if this was done automatically that it affected everyone?
Hopefully this has been corrected now?

CJ54
04-30-2013, 03:28 PM
I didn't dispute the tier amounts...just that the 80 dollars vaults had been counted as 60 for my teammate.
And I assume if this was done automatically that it affected everyone?
Hopefully this has been corrected now?

We made a one time adjustment to the algorithm for March only. This was done specifically because we were switching to the new system and some people had made purchases before they were notified of the change (and those purchases were made under the old expectations regarding sales). So yes to both questions.

Vito Corleone
04-30-2013, 03:44 PM
We made a one time adjustment to the algorithm for March only. This was done specifically because we were switching to the new system and some people had made purchases before they were notified of the change (and those purchases were made under the old expectations regarding sales). So yes to both questions.Ok that's great.:) Then I count on that my bought 80 dollars vaults, in April, will be counted as 80 dollars and nothing else (so I don't have to send in another ticket which is unanswered) and that I should get the bonus during the first week (10 days)in May automatically?

Wouldn't it be good if players could log in with their email or player id (like the request site) and see their current spent amount? Then the Bonus Claim department would get a very less tickets regarding how far players have to a certain tier etc.:)

BigMoney
04-30-2013, 06:12 PM

The issue in the OP wasn't that the discounted vaults (read: $80, since there was a 20% off sale this month) were being credited as $80, they were being credited as $60, which is well below the price they had paid for a vault. If this is the case, you could see why someone who thought they had met the threshold for a tier (because they had actually spent over $2000/month) would be confused that they fell hundreds of dollars short (accounting for $80 vaults instead of $60).

I'm glad to see that CJ has issued a response to this topic and this is not (or no longer?) the case. Thanks, CJ.

MINDBO
04-30-2013, 10:15 PM
here's the simple math

use to be 20 vaults = $2,000 tier unlocked

20 vaults times $80 = $1,600

so the $80 vault was being counted as $80, you just need to buy 25 vaults at the 20% rate plus one bag of gold at $3.99 just incase that $0.25 makes the difference between getting 15K gold and 50K gold bonus

25 times $79.99 = $1,999.75 + 1 bag of gold $3.99 = well over the $2,000 needed for the gold bot to deliver the goods.

Elliotyee215
04-30-2013, 10:47 PM
Still have yet to receive my bonus for march :/

Mike Hunt
05-01-2013, 04:11 AM
When will the auto bonus be awarded ?

BigMoney
05-01-2013, 04:36 AM
When will the auto bonus be awarded ?

My guess is after the syndicate battle is over, just to eff with people. :D

MINDBO
05-01-2013, 10:47 AM
My guess is after the syndicate battle is over, just to eff with people. :D

GREE says "by the 7th of the following month", event ends on the 6th, im guessing MW and KA will get their bonuses around the 3rd and CC minutes after the event ends... too bad we can't take action on this...

anyone in here got a gambling script we could sell blocks with times and dates when the CC bonuses will be delivered, say $5 buy in winner takes all, could get it up to $5k-$10k

*DISCLAIMER* gambling in this manner is likely illegal, but this is not legal advice, seek your own legal counsel and gamble responsibly.

...delaying the bonus on purpose is what I would do if I owned GREE, dolla dolla bills yo!

MINDBO
05-01-2013, 10:54 AM
http://i1300.photobucket.com/albums/ag96/qwerty9702/17_zps1c6fd469.png (http://s1300.photobucket.com/user/qwerty9702/media/17_zps1c6fd469.png.html)

Carlos, Tupac was making a Dollar out of $0.15, so really that "Gangsta", that works for Honda (doesn't his shirt look like that giant blue polo from the commercial, definitely over sized anyway) has in his hands over a vault of gold... $113.33 to geek out with it.

However, I believe that is an Eastside crips sign, so probably not a fan of Tupac... so likely he does infact work for honda and that is only $17

Paulio
05-01-2013, 11:03 AM
Carlos, Tupac was making a Dollar out of $0.15, so really that "Gangsta", that works for Honda (doesn't his shirt look like that giant blue polo from the commercial, definitely over sized anyway) has in his hands over a vault of gold... $113.33 to geek out with it.

However, I believe that is an Eastside crips sign, so probably not a fan of Tupac... so likely he does infact work for honda and that is only $17

Lol, very nice. But your maths are off. He actually started with just $2.55

Mike Hunt
05-01-2013, 02:11 PM
Seriously ? The day after the event ends ?? GD it. Thanks for letting me know - I guess next time ill read more thoroughly !

bald zeemer
05-02-2013, 03:09 AM
You can't blame gree. Obviously an automatic script can't automatically calculate results and send out a given reward. That would be some kind of voodoo magic. I'm sure CJ will at some point, weeks in the future, be back to same the exact same thing.

BTW, in case you are reading CJ, I'm waiting on my "automatic" gold bonus before I drop for top tier again. If it comes after the beginning of the war, I'll hold off. Indefinitely. Just sayin'.

I'd address this in a ticket but I'm on a holiday in about 3 months time, and won't be able to check my emails when the reply eventually comes.

TRAZ
05-02-2013, 03:46 AM
Has anyone been able to actually check the status of their support tickets via the Gree portal?

CJ54
05-02-2013, 12:21 PM
Ok that's great.:) Then I count on that my bought 80 dollars vaults, in April, will be counted as 80 dollars and nothing else (so I don't have to send in another ticket which is unanswered) and that I should get the bonus during the first week (10 days)in May automatically?

Wouldn't it be good if players could log in with their email or player id (like the request site) and see their current spent amount? Then the Bonus Claim department would get a very less tickets regarding how far players have to a certain tier etc.:)

Yes to the first paragraph, as long as you got the "welcome" email or were previously in the program (people still need to contact us to get added, if they haven't already. If you've gotten a response from us that outlines the details and says welcome aboard, you're good to go). The reason we have a couple of days between the end of the month and the bonus going out is because we want to make sure that everyone new is signed up (we typically get a burst of requests to join on the last two or three days of any given month, and putting someone's info in the system so that they can get a bonus is still done by hand).

And yes, that second paragraph is in the cards.

Vito Corleone
05-02-2013, 01:52 PM
Yes to the first paragraph, as long as you got the "welcome" email or were previously in the program (people still need to contact us to get added, if they haven't already. If you've gotten a response from us that outlines the details and says welcome aboard, you're good to go). The reason we have a couple of days between the end of the month and the bonus going out is because we want to make sure that everyone new is signed up (we typically get a burst of requests to join on the last two or three days of any given month, and putting someone's info in the system so that they can get a bonus is still done by hand).

And yes, that second paragraph is in the cards.
I have been aboard in the Bonus program since December so I should be fine then. Can you say any date when we can expect to get the gold?

CJ; can you say anything why a lot of tickets are unanswered? Tickets regarding different bonus program questions haven't been answered for many weeks. It feels a little bit random if a ticket is handled or not.