PDA

View Full Version : How many indestructible units do you have?

BADMARKX
04-29-2013, 10:28 PM
Hey gang, bmx here.
I'm starting to focus a bit more on the KA side of things these days as opposed to MW.
My players are much better in KA.
It has been my goal for a while to fill my armies with indestructible units so that I may use my cash for upgrades and faction donations.
That said, I know exactly how many indestructible units I have in MW,
But I only have an idea in KA.
Am I to assume any unit that can't be purchased is indestructible?
The loot units in MW may be indestructible or have a casualty rate.
I wish I could highlight a unit in my inventory like I can in MW.
Sure it's great I know my top 45 from battle,
But it would be nice to just look at them in my inventory.
I can't see what extra boosts like prize units give either.

And on a side note....
Does this side of the forum have a pj like personality from FUN to keep me entertained?

Lets hear it Kingdom Agers

Shinazueli
04-29-2013, 10:35 PM
It has several personalities, a lot of whom are taking a "vacation" from the forum at the request of the MIBs. Like PJ does sometimes. Something to do with a thread about something that rhymes with Connor Packing. No, no forum rules broken here.

Yes, all of the gem purchases are indestructible. Outside of going through them one by one, there's no way that I know of to count them. Just add allies until you start losing units, though the casualty rates are noticeably smaller in KA than in MA, until the guild events start, when they go up about 10x.

BADMARKX
04-29-2013, 10:44 PM
It has several personalities, a lot of whom are taking a "vacation" from the forum at the request of the MIBs. Like PJ does sometimes. Something to do with a thread about something that rhymes with Connor Packing. No, no forum rules broken here.

Ha, thanks. It'll take me a bit to get familiar with this side of the forum.

Me&You
04-29-2013, 10:59 PM
The raw number of indestructibles is not the number you need...you need to know how many you take to battle.

If you have a full dragon army, then its every unit over 105 attack, so just count. Units are ordered nicely now. Personally, as of this moment (mid-LTQ), I have 493 BTD Indestructibles, and 8 Voracious Abominations, so 999 Dragons go to battle. The rest of them stay home and get fat.

BADMARKX
04-29-2013, 11:11 PM
The raw number of indestructibles is not the number you need...you need to know how many you take to battle.

If you have a full dragon army, then its every unit over 105 attack, so just count. Units are ordered nicely now. Personally, as of this moment (mid-LTQ), I have 493 BTD Indestructibles, and 8 Voracious Abominations, so 999 Dragons go to battle. The rest of them stay home and get fat.
I haven't bought a cash or honor unit in months. I'm just waiting for them to either die or become obsolete.
Even though my casualty rate bonuses are great, I am hesitant get any unit with a casualty rate. And these LTQs are filling my armies very well.

Shinazueli
04-30-2013, 12:08 AM
This has been discussed before: unless you have a compelling reason to spend your gold elsewhere, the money units still provide a RL-money-free way of boosting your stats a not insignificant amount. Even if you spend to complete the heroic mode, you'll still only net 30-50 units better than cash units. That will take you quite a while to fill out. Casualties aren't nearly as bad as MW, even during GWs. And they aren't as expensive, relatively, as the cash units in MW are. It's one of the main differences between KA and MW. Cash units are actually still worth something, at least for the next six months or so.

BADMARKX
04-30-2013, 01:14 PM
This has been discussed before: unless you have a compelling reason to spend your gold elsewhere, the money units still provide a RL-money-free way of boosting your stats a not insignificant amount. Even if you spend to complete the heroic mode, you'll still only net 30-50 units better than cash units. That will take you quite a while to fill out. Casualties aren't nearly as bad as MW, even during GWs. And they aren't as expensive, relatively, as the cash units in MW are. It's one of the main differences between KA and MW. Cash units are actually still worth something, at least for the next six months or so.
Thanks. So far for the LTQs I have played one of two ways. Entirely free or all the way. I know some in my guild will spend some gems but stop short of completing heroic.
I personally don't see any value in spending gems and falling short. I'd rather use a partial vault in battle.
That last unit for completing heroic is nearly double any of the other prize units. Why stop at 38/40?
Anyway, I'm still getting a feel for this side of the forum. I'm sure ill cover some previously discussed topics.
Yes, it will take a long time to fill an army of 1500 indestructible units, but I'm here for the long haul and will get there in time.
Thanks for the help.

Shinazueli
04-30-2013, 01:58 PM
Thanks. So far for the LTQs I have played one of two ways. Entirely free or all the way. I know some in my guild will spend some gems but stop short of completing heroic.
I personally don't see any value in spending gems and falling short. I'd rather use a partial vault in battle.
That last unit for completing heroic is nearly double any of the other prize units. Why stop at 38/40?
Anyway, I'm still getting a feel for this side of the forum. I'm sure ill cover some previously discussed topics.
Yes, it will take a long time to fill an army of 1500 indestructible units, but I'm here for the long haul and will get there in time.
Thanks for the help.

I've done this many times. I value my money. A lot, I killed my money tree. So the answer is efficiency. If I can spend 60% of the gems to get 90% of the stats, I'm ok with it. And that's been the pattern so far. I spend a vault, and unusually get to 38/40, or in this case recently, to viper heroic, and I've gotten about 40k stats, out of probably 50k available. Unless there's a compelling reason to go further, like a nice weapon upgrade or a unit with a good boost, it's not worth the additional gems it would cost me to finish.

$0.02

BADMARKX
04-30-2013, 02:55 PM
I've done this many times. I value my money. A lot, I killed my money tree. So the answer is efficiency. If I can spend 60% of the gems to get 90% of the stats, I'm ok with it. And that's been the pattern so far. I spend a vault, and unusually get to 38/40, or in this case recently, to viper heroic, and I've gotten about 40k stats, out of probably 50k available. Unless there's a compelling reason to go further, like a nice weapon upgrade or a unit with a good boost, it's not worth the additional gems it would cost me to finish.

$0.02
That's cool. So long as you have a plan and feel you are getting value. That's what it's all about. Again, many in my guild are happy to get to 38/40 if there is a cool weapon or armour. That's the purpose of this forum. Discuss useful strategy and new ideas. You did well selling your strategy.

Shinazueli
04-30-2013, 02:59 PM
That's cool. So long as you have a plan and feel you are getting value. That's what it's all about. Again, many in my guild are happy to get to 38/40 if there is a cool weapon or armour. That's the purpose of this forum. Discuss useful strategy and new ideas. You did well selling your strategy.

Now if only there were more people like that on this forum.

bfdill
04-30-2013, 03:35 PM
I haven't bought a cash or honor unit in months. I'm just waiting for them to either die or become obsolete.
Even though my casualty rate bonuses are great, I am hesitant get any unit with a casualty rate. And these LTQs are filling my armies very well.

... Cash units are actually still worth something, at least for the next six months or so.

I agree 100%. I can't help but feel like Gree knows this and has a plan for moving forward like increasing the limit??? They can't just keep handing out the volume of indestructible units at this pace with an upper limit in place? Right?

BADMARKX
04-30-2013, 04:46 PM
I agree 100%. I can't help but feel like Gree knows this and has a plan for moving forward like increasing the limit??? They can't just keep handing out the volume of indestructible units at this pace with an upper limit in place? Right?
I have thought that as well. GREE has known for a long time that players are not buying cash units. So why even have them? I mean sure, for new players starting out you might have to buy a few beginning units, but beyond like L30, what's the point?

Shinazueli
04-30-2013, 04:54 PM
I'm guessing its for completely free players to have something to increase their stats. Nevertheless, I'm not turning my nose up at them.

sdrawkcabnipyt
04-30-2013, 05:06 PM

If you want to know the future of KA, look no farther then MW. Yeh, they didnt add the battle ranking system, but everything else they've done on MW, they've done a couple months later on KA.... and on that note, I will inform you, MW increased their Ally limit from 500 to 1500 not too long ago, maybe 2months at most. Soooo....

Shinazueli
04-30-2013, 05:37 PM
That's because they increased the maximum level to 250. Right?

boneshaker
05-01-2013, 03:15 PM
I saw a person with 302 Voracious Abomination's. I attacked his LVL 5 Lender and got served. His att/def was 417k/393k! Not bad for someone who is level 71.

BADMARKX
05-01-2013, 03:19 PM
I saw a person with 302 Voracious Abomination's. I attacked his LVL 5 Lender and got served. His att/def was 417k/393k! Not bad for someone who is level 71.
This will become more common in the weeks to come. I'm glad I have 2 devices.

boneshaker
05-01-2013, 03:42 PM
Ok after a little google searching I get why someone would have 4.5M honor. :/

bfdill
05-01-2013, 03:44 PM

In a twist on Godwin's law (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin%27s_law), I guess every topic here eventually involves hacking, but I don't see any way that could be possible. And to drone on about it, how is that not something that's easily detectable by Gree and swiftly dealt with?

Shinazueli
05-01-2013, 07:17 PM
Welcome to the forum, mate. Yeah, it should be easy to root out and destroy them, like in every other game in existence. It's not, for a multitude of mysterious reasons known only to them. In the meantime, we are stuck with it. Life.

Dhusagar
05-02-2013, 01:21 PM
In a twist on Godwin's law (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin%27s_law), I guess every topic here eventually involves hacking, but I don't see any way that could be possible. And to drone on about it, how is that not something that's easily detectable by Gree and swiftly dealt with?

The honour hack has been done - a certain well known banned person admitted to doing it.