PDA

View Full Version : Is the Arena rigged?

Jman
04-29-2013, 06:51 PM
I used to face people who I would guess were close to my level since I could beat them easily. Now that I have scored a few thousand points I can't beat anyone. Does anyone else have this issue? It seems to put mid to low level players at a serious disadvantage. I don't think its fair for someone who is fighting the chimera to be matched with someone with infernal armor.

zhy
04-29-2013, 07:00 PM
everyone passed through that...

Alexa
04-29-2013, 07:46 PM
I used to face people who I would guess were close to my level since I could beat them easily. Now that I have scored a few thousand points I can't beat anyone. Does anyone else have this issue? It seems to put mid to low level players at a serious disadvantage. I don't think its fair for someone who is fighting the chimera to be matched with someone with infernal armor.

I don't think it's fair either but in the arena, you fight somebody who's either 50 lower or higher than your leaderboard rank.It does not go by level or by armor.

Jman
04-29-2013, 07:50 PM
I don't think it's fair either but in the arena, you fight somebody who's either 50 lower or higher than your leaderboard rank.It does not go by level or by armor.
I'm not sure about this. I used be to around rank 30k and I could face people around 100k.

deathexe
04-29-2013, 08:10 PM
I'm not sure about this. I used be to around rank 30k and I could face people around 100k.

Actually it does go by rank most of the time.

ang1977
04-29-2013, 08:16 PM
After i fought some of the opponents in my list, i've got no new opponents. What's left are those players which i got defeated, so how long do i have to wait for the list to get refreshed ?

Aradan
04-29-2013, 08:18 PM

i believe it actually goes by win losses deathexe. last week tested it and when i got to top 2k i purposely went on like a 10+ loss streak, then i got matched with players that were ranked like 20k, and the more i lost the lower of rank player i faced. Maybe they updated it recently to make it more fair and fight people same rank area as you, but that was my findings last week

EDIT: i just fought this guy, not sure what level he was, but he had final form half dragon armor, final form steampowered(if it does have one only ever seen it with 1 look) and final form regalia, and i managed to kill him with just my main knight wearing 50 AA+. That doesn't seem right to me, he did also have a fairly large win streak too.

Raistmar
04-29-2013, 11:55 PM
Yeah it happens to me too. When I reach the 150 rank I can't defeat most of my opponents and I would lose 5 in a row. Then my energy refills my enemy list refreshes and I would be fighting people in the 1000 range rank.

deathexe
04-30-2013, 12:02 AM
i believe it actually goes by win losses deathexe. last week tested it and when i got to top 2k i purposely went on like a 10+ loss streak, then i got matched with players that were ranked like 20k, and the more i lost the lower of rank player i faced. Maybe they updated it recently to make it more fair and fight people same rank area as you, but that was my findings last week

EDIT: i just fought this guy, not sure what level he was, but he had final form half dragon armor, final form steampowered(if it does have one only ever seen it with 1 look) and final form regalia, and i managed to kill him with just my main knight wearing 50 AA+. That doesn't seem right to me, he did also have a fairly large win streak too.

Hmm I haven't actually noticed that. All the guys I'm fighting usually have the same arena points as I do (give or take 200) I may be wrong though.

starkthunder
04-30-2013, 07:01 AM
if you double down u dont get any points until its over. So that is one way to see players of about the same level all the time

Howzee87
04-30-2013, 09:47 AM
The arena matchmaking does seem to have a few flaws/hiccups. Here are some of my thoughts and observations.

If it is matched by rank then a powerful player who starts a day or two later would quickly rise through the ranks of lower level players who have been battling against each other in tough/close matches.
This would be one explanation for suddenly versing a powerful player with a lower/similar score to your own.

A similar thing could happen if it's ranked by score. A powerful player doubles-down and for 8 matches they verse players with similar (low) scores. The double-down ends, their score jumps up, the start the cycle again until they catch up to players powerful enough to beat them (and end the double-down)

I've versed a few (not heaps, but enough to notice) people with high level/rarity armours that I have beaten with just my 1st knight. I put this down to them spending dollars on gems/gold, grinding lower stages to craft and improve armour but not going up in level.
Even with high defense their character's HP is so low they can't survive my attacks.

I think this just comes down to a less-than-perfect matchmaking system in the arena, for which I don't have any ill-will towards GREE.
Matchmaking is one of the hardest things to balance in a multiplayer game - even the big boys like Microsoft (Halo) or Activision (Call of Duty) took several games (and millions of dollars) to develop their systems.

badluckarena
09-21-2014, 01:31 PM
Hi guys, just join the forum and searching for help/resolution to my knights and dragons arena issue.

My arena fight select screen is different from other. 1)I only get 5 opponents to select from(all 10k-20k higher rank than me and none of them say "revenge") oppose to other get 8 opponents to choose(3 say " revenge" and 5 with similar ranking). 2)With opponents who are higher rank (and higher level with better armor)means I always lose in arena battle. Seriously out of 10 battles I might only get 1 win out of it. This also making it impossible to finish quest that related to the arena, thus unable to claim rewards. 3) what's more frustrating is I get the same opponents over and over again. Its like I can only battle these same opponents in the arena.

I reported this issue to GREE many many time, but I never get any resolve from them. They reply me saying the issue has been resolve and its close. Therefore I am going on the forum and seek help..

Please help

Rookeye
09-21-2014, 09:49 PM
@ Badluckarena: You might try asking Clementine for help expediting your ticket. No promises, but worth a shot.

In the meantime, have you tried ALWAYS fighting the bottom/last opponent? Or at least the lowest ranked opponent as close to the bottom as possible? See if that helps a smidge. :)

@ Howzee87: Not at all, legendary/EB armor looks the same at both level 35 and level 70, but performs markedly different. Ditto for Epics at Lvl 50 and 99. You can't tell by eyeballing them in the arena what level they are. *shrug*

Jun-fan
09-22-2014, 03:47 AM
It also might help sometimes to fight once in the arena and then quit and come back to it after a few minutes. I've noticed your symptoms when I fight continuously and I usually quit and return and I get a new set of opponents.

As for the Revenge list, I haven't seen any on my iPhone in a very long time. I would like to think that it's because no one has beaten me...:cool:

B Legit
09-22-2014, 09:10 AM

No it doesn't lol. Ability to score a high rank in arena has very little to do with your armor/level and very much to do with your gem spending. Your opponents get tougher as you're win streaks increase, however your opponents are chosen using an equation that takes into account your Level and your Armor worn. Rank actually has nothing to do with it at all to be honest.

I want to ask all of the people complaining about how hard it is, what armors they are wearing? It seems the matchmaking system takes the Armor star rating and level from what you are wearing. So if you're wearing an old eb+ that's maxed, alls the equation sees is 4*+ max level. You might draw someone else with 4*+ max level, but theres are the newer ones.

Also, just to reiterate, your arena rank has nothing to do with who your options to fight are, it's all on knights level and armors.

Arcane Haven
09-22-2014, 10:50 AM
dont forget it doest just go by rank because it also has to factor in level since there could be opponents close to you in rank but be 50 levels higher and have epics to your super rare armors lol. that would suck. but yes there is a certain set of levels where it seems like you lose more than you win.

Adisty
09-23-2014, 05:15 AM
Rank is definately not taken into account. I've never ranked above 500, and a few times I've had the number 1 ranked person in my list of opponents

Joseph Benjamin
09-23-2014, 07:28 PM
No it doesn't lol. Ability to score a high rank in arena has very little to do with your armor/level and very much to do with your gem spending. Your opponents get tougher as you're win streaks increase, however your opponents are chosen using an equation that takes into account your Level and your Armor worn. Rank actually has nothing to do with it at all to be honest.

I want to ask all of the people complaining about how hard it is, what armors they are wearing? It seems the matchmaking system takes the Armor star rating and level from what you are wearing. So if you're wearing an old eb+ that's maxed, alls the equation sees is 4*+ max level. You might draw someone else with 4*+ max level, but theres are the newer ones.

Also, just to reiterate, your arena rank has nothing to do with who your options to fight are, it's all on knights level and armors.

I believe it is 100% based on your knights levels. I got extremely lucky on my girlfriends account and got an epic boss 4star+ from the revamped dark prince chest. Being only in the level 20 range that knight demolishes everyone else without any even coming close. Its actually quite easy to win in arena at low levels anyways. I was able to get the dark prince keys by using saved gems from free videos for arena.

Marco_
09-24-2014, 12:03 AM
quick note: badluckarena necro-d a thread from 1 1/2 years ago and some of you are replying to info that has changed during that time... ;)

sxespanky
09-24-2014, 09:49 AM
oh, nothings changed, its been rigged form the get go.

Lord P
10-01-2014, 12:21 PM
I've noticed a few times how when I'm about to get the next prize on a streak I face a dude with three epics. So not fair. That's against me and my two Legendarys.

SITH F35 GM Ricky
10-01-2014, 06:27 PM
The arena is a waste of time unless you're just getting to the gem milestones each week honestly

missyougayoung
01-07-2015, 02:14 AM
Rank is definately not FIFA 15 Coins (http://www.teragoldeu.com/) taken into account. I've never ranked above 500

geo81
01-07-2015, 03:00 AM
He's right, rank has nothing to do with it. I'm ranked about 4000 right now and all my opponent options are ranging from 17000-40000 place. It looks like it goes by level to me, when I started my second character I destroyed arena because I always faced low level beginners. If it went by rank those low level guys wouldn't be high ranking like they are

Gradrizyn
01-07-2015, 05:14 PM
It should be rank and level IMO

London Knight
01-08-2015, 02:55 AM

Correct BUT there is a delay when you swap Armours. It takes Server about 3+ hours to adjust & thus your mismatched with Opponents during that time ? Nothing you can do, but at least your now warned :-)

Ju Nation
01-08-2015, 01:41 PM
Haha, arena is quite fun tbh.

Nvr had any problem with arena, just that i cant get revenge fights... Wonder why?:confused:

London Knight
01-15-2015, 11:35 AM
Well server update timings can be exploited, BUT dare not mention how in case everyone dose it! Have yet to try it but our Sentinel has only been beaten 4 times during this whole Tournament !! 8-o

Mike WDragon
01-15-2015, 01:52 PM
Haha, arena is quite fun tbh.

Nvr had any problem with arena, just that i cant get revenge fights... Wonder why?:confused:

Yea you know why

Ju Nation
01-18-2015, 04:40 AM
Yea you know why

hahaha, i still do not know why man ... lol

Davis Buck
01-18-2015, 07:28 AM
Well your character stats max at 100 so once you hit triple digits your on par with everyone else