PDA

View Full Version : Sgt Z's (GSF) Retirement Party

Sgt Z 0311
04-29-2013, 05:18 PM
http://i1283.photobucket.com/albums/a553/GSF911/Image11_zps80a51a64.jpg (http://s1283.photobucket.com/user/GSF911/media/Image11_zps80a51a64.jpg.html)

Hello All,

It's been almost a year on Modern War and it is time for retirement. Which is funny, because a lot of retired folks play this game. My best memories are being with an amazing faction, Global Strike Force, which has been top ten in every event (good job guys!), and whom I have enjoyed serving as faction leader for. They are a tough, smart, relaxed, and fun group of people that love to drink. If you're looking for a faction, I encourage you to lok into them.

Thanks to those of you that kept the game chill and drama free, and not that 6-year old kid that breaks his Wii controller because his character died. The game was fun, but some of the people are more fun. The people make the game, and without interesting people, from new friends to the people that get angry, threaten you (Thanks, Diesel/Milspec) and insult you because they are upset you attacked them, the game wouldn't be as fun.

I hope to see some of you one day, especially the faction buds. Next time i'm in Amsterdam, I will get drunk with Ferr, take his device when he passes out, sell his buildings, change his avatar, and join the Pirates with his account. But am really looking forward to the GSF shenanigans get together.

http://i1283.photobucket.com/albums/a553/GSF911/941039_493526207383676_358380639_n_zps33da7aad.jpg (http://s1283.photobucket.com/user/GSF911/media/941039_493526207383676_358380639_n_zps33da7aad.jpg .html)

Why am I stepping out?
1) Rehab group therapy

2) Time andMoney (gold inflation stinks, and $2,400 a year to press buttons on a screen- I'll take a nice vacation instead)

3) Hackers, cash, energy, health regen/WD point, and stamina hackers. What really did it is that these people, if they spent gold, received a get out of jail free card. Chuck Finley and his friend were right about their post about M*****c, and there are others, but I won't name any names. Nothing is done about these people.

4) The LTQ events pushed the balance in their favor, and for someone that only had 300 energy (410 now) and was using a good skill point strategy, not cool. The game was changed without a chance to readjust our skill points- not cool, Gree

5) Support was too slow, and often not adequate, sending standard replies without the support person actually reading or understanding the problem. I'm status 206, should get better service than that

6) The new gold bonus program. I don't believe the argument behind it. Lets get this straight- improve a process that streamlines and automated gold bonuses thereby freeing up an employee and support staff to administer them, which Funzio should have set up in the first place on the database, and claim that the tradeoff is that you can't count the number of vaults, but the $ amount spent? Please! I learned something in business school, this is just a move to increase revenue and decrease admin/support costs. Call it as it is, but don't pass me a piece of poo and call it cake

7) The pace is too much to keep up with. Tons of events all the time. Too much effort to keep up with

On the bright side, I have made some great friends, and that has made all of the time and money spent on this game worth it. I've learned a lot about the people that play this game and have been surprised at the diversity of the people that play, from every demographic and background. Really is nice to see how technology can bring everyone together to spend some cash (or hack) to wage war on one another.

Wish you all the best of luck and happiness with your Modern War experience.

Stay classy everyone, and keep it drama free and fun!

Thanks for a fun time!

Kara T
04-29-2013, 05:28 PM
I raise my Gin Martini to you....then down a few to join the party...nice hat!

solo.modernwar
04-29-2013, 05:30 PM
An outstanding post with the most relevant and compelling reasons to leave behind a hobby riddled with so many gross errors and inequities. I'm saddened to see you leaving, Sgt Z, as this game needs players such as yourself. But retirement should always be considered a great thing. Best of luck to you and GSF.

Speed ump
04-29-2013, 05:34 PM
Great post z. Enjoy your newfound free time.

Jhenry02
04-29-2013, 06:21 PM
Sergeant Z,

My brother in costume.
We had some funny times in the forum. Memes, costumes, and shenanigans will be missed.
Enjoy your retirement homie.

-J

Paisthecoolest
04-29-2013, 06:50 PM
Best retirement post I have seen.

sir elmo
04-29-2013, 06:59 PM
What? You mean I wont have the pleasure of you taking out my boost buildings during a war? I dont know if i can handle that... LOL Have a good one Z!

BigD@wg
04-29-2013, 07:04 PM
Nice thread Z. Never really had the pleasure of chatting with you but your retirement post pretty much sums it all up. 100% agree with all your points and its a shame the direction all of this is heading. Enjoy your retirement and congrats on winning the game!

Gambit12
04-29-2013, 08:05 PM
Thanks a whole lot Z for having me when i was a Free Agent & a Nomad - wondering around from faction recruitment to couple factions i've been through. I started in VFF Alpha for 2 wars, 1 war in WDL(World Domination League), 1 week in the Darkness, & until i got a message from you. It was a lucky jump ship for me cause GSF made the top 7 in China while the Darkness end up in top 11.(no offense to the darkness)

GSF team - are highly professional individual with 1 goal in mind is to win top 10. Sgt. Z, i salute you for being the best leader in GSF faction. You did an outstanding job gathering these 50 strangers to join together in one faction as a team before the start of Brazil. Your leadership will be missed & i'm am truly very lucky & so blessed to join your faction. There's always a reason for everything & the reason that the hurricane made me went to your faction.

You really made a good decision today. Its better to stop the addiction now than later or more money will be wasted. So long bro, take care of yourself, and go out & have fun with your family & friends. Stop by in the forum sometime when you can.

I'll be behind you someday & just waiting for the right time...

Your buddy,
Gambit12

Big Apple
04-29-2013, 11:46 PM
Wish you all the best!

honest Abe
04-30-2013, 07:53 AM
Gree should read and take note. The time sink is what it is, the rest should resonate. Good luck z.

BostonHammer
04-30-2013, 08:02 AM
Great post and enjoy the extra time and money you will have.

Sugarymama
04-30-2013, 08:09 AM
I didn't know you at all Z, but your post was so warming I had to respond. It's nice to come across powerful, yet humble players who write inspiring messages that are so cool you can't help but respond. GSF was, and is a pretty strong faction; I know I got my tail kicked enough times by its members. They will be losing a great leader, but I'm sure there is someone else in that faction who can take over the helm and lead your team to top 10 again and again.

Enjoy your retirement! (how funny, retiring from a game...when you retire it's usually to have more time to play games...lol. Smh. ;)

Durt McGurt
04-30-2013, 09:02 AM
Don't mind me, just going to copy/paste this for future use.

See you around the home. Well done Z

McNasti
04-30-2013, 06:08 PM
Thanks for all your work Z. You brought a lot of good people together. I'd thank you on FB but can't be bothered to create a 5th account that will get banned within 30 minutes again.

GSF and Avengers ftw.

solo.modernwar
04-30-2013, 11:21 PM
I didn't know you at all Z, but your post was so warming I had to respond. It's nice to come across powerful, yet humble players who write inspiring messages that are so cool you can't help but respond. GSF was, and is a pretty strong faction; I know I got my tail kicked enough times by its members. They will be losing a great leader, but I'm sure there is someone else in that faction who can take over the helm and lead your team to top 10 again and again.

Enjoy your retirement! (how funny, retiring from a game...when you retire it's usually to have more time to play games...lol. Smh. ;)

Exactly, Sugar... great exhibit of class. If we're lucky, Sgt Z will still take the time to post in here.

solo.modernwar
04-30-2013, 11:21 PM
Don't mind me, just going to copy/paste this for future use.

See you around the home. Well done Z

I'm one step ahead... already copied/pasted to my future thread posts folder.

MadManDK
05-01-2013, 01:46 AM
Enjoy your new freedom buddy.

AeroTT
05-01-2013, 02:55 AM
Love the post. Well thought out and written.

Jacko99
05-01-2013, 03:09 AM
Well done Z for winning the war! Shame you're leaving as you are one on the ''good guys''...

All the best and enjoy your retirement.

Bap/Paul

rrnj6890
05-01-2013, 06:11 AM
Thanks for all you have done Z. Z is one of the good guys, His calm , cool and collected demeanor will be missed, Z built a top ten faction from day one and that's not easy to maintain as most know. I am happy you are moving on to more important things in life, so enjoy future success in all that you do. Thanks again ! RRNJ1119 AKA Pacifist Spoon