PDA

View Full Version : Columbia Assult....Reconsider Rewards?

Thief
04-29-2013, 03:44 PM
Okay we just Finished Ireland but i wanted to point out a couple of things:

First we were finally all happy about a month between wars. You saw HUGE numbers Why are we going back to 2.5 Weeks before Columbia?

Next why are the prizes so Boring?

As for the top 3...well it doesn't really matter what bonuses you give them. They are still going to be the top 3. You won't see a big push in points based on the prizes...only for the competition part.

Top 10 3% Alliance Attack:...a reapeat bonus from Ireland...for top 10? Did you happen to see that wasn't a highly sought after prize?

Top 25: +5% Attack from Sea. Its an okay Boost but nothing special

Top 50: +5% attack from Infantry. I feel like we have gotten more...for doing less before?

Top 75: +10% Defense from Air (Best bonus from 10 down you have offered so far)

Top 100: +10% ground.

Top 250: +5% valor from Fights. Really 5% valor?

Top 500: 5% Casualty Reduction. This will be highly sought after since everyone is going to have an indestructible army in 2 months time with all the LTQ.

Top 750: Building upgrades cost 3% less. Okay well it's top 750...better than 3% time savings i guess

Top 1000: 1% attack from sea

I guess my point is lets take a look at the bonuses:

Perhaps make a Stamina Regeneration Unit? I haven't seen one of those?
Energy Regeneration or +1 Energy would be popular with all the quests and i bet those would push hard
Health Regen: 20% maybe? This would be a great top 25 item that would make people push that much harder.

Anyways thats my rant since i can't click attack on my opponents right now.

http://i1282.photobucket.com/albums/a538/giiforums/AllRewards35_zpsb6425e3e.png (http://s1282.photobucket.com/user/giiforums/media/AllRewards35_zpsb6425e3e.png.html)

gero
04-29-2013, 04:04 PM
Well said Thief, nothing special here. If these prizes are not I proved upon, there will be no need to spend gold. You can get the equivalent bonuses from factions and increase your stats more by doing 1/2 a LTQ event.

Come on Gree, people are already stepping away from the game because of these WD events and their frequency, and boring, uninspired units will not help!

If they really want to make teams fight for top 10 and top 25 (and spend real money) there they need a big health when and upgrade multiple buildings as prizes for those levels. Then the spending would get crazy.

Surprise us, impress us.

Madcowdave
04-29-2013, 05:36 PM
First we were finally all happy about a month between wars. You saw HUGE numbers Why are we going back to 2.5 Weeks before Columbia?
Perhaps make a Stamina Regeneration Unit? I haven't seen one of those?
Energy Regeneration or +1 Energy would be popular with all the quests and i bet those would push hard
Health Regen: 20% maybe? This would be a great top 25 item that would make people push that much harder.

Agreed Thief. I'd fight harder for upgrading 2-3 buildings at once, health regen or energy regen. Make those prizes for top 10, 25, 50 and you'd have some real profits. The new prizes are mediocre at best.

And going back to 2.5 weeks sucks.

Zandeko
04-29-2013, 05:48 PM
Anyone have the Battle for Egypt or Greenland rewards screenshot?

Here's China:
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o102/jonnyboy1492/BattleforChinaRewards_zps746d6ef3.png

Golf4life
04-29-2013, 07:07 PM
personally i think they should keep the WD rewards mediocre at best.

They make more money with a highly valued prize in an LTQ or Boss event.

More individuals are willing to spend more money than a couple of guys carrying a team and a few free players or freeloaders.

Ericinico
04-29-2013, 07:30 PM
Even if they had better rewards they wouldn't work anyway. Like this 15% cost reduction bs.

Sardaukar
04-29-2013, 07:46 PM
Actually that's going to save me 1.5bn on my level 10 anniversary center upgrade so it's not totally worthless

Ericinico
04-29-2013, 07:52 PM
Actually that's going to save me 1.5bn on my level 10 anniversary center upgrade so it's not totally worthlessFrom what I heard it is not working properly.

Sardaukar
04-29-2013, 07:55 PM
Well that's not good. I compared the numbers and the upgrades are definitely cheaper for me...I haven't run the numbers yet to see if it's actually 15%. Can we confirm what the issue is?

Ericinico
04-29-2013, 07:56 PM
http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?52955-Tactical-Strike-Jet

Sardaukar
04-29-2013, 07:59 PM
I'm not having this issue. Very strange I wonder what is causing it for everyone else. Hopefully Gree gets this figured out soon for you guys :(

Ericinico
04-29-2013, 08:01 PM
I'm not having this issue. Very strange I wonder what is causing it for everyone else. Hopefully Gree gets this figured out soon for you guys :(You on iOS or android? I'm on iOS but I won't know if ill have this issue for another 24 hours...

Sardaukar
04-29-2013, 08:05 PM
iOS as well. I'm using an iPhone 4 if that makes a difference.

Ericinico
04-29-2013, 08:06 PM
iOS as well. I'm using an iPhone 4 if that makes a difference.These are going to be a long twenty four hours. . .

Thief
04-29-2013, 09:42 PM
personally i think they should keep the WD rewards mediocre at best.

They make more money with a highly valued prize in an LTQ or Boss event.

More individuals are willing to spend more money than a couple of guys carrying a team and a few free players or freeloaders.

I respect that stance about keeping them Mediocre at best.
I personally completely disagree but i respect the stance.

With that being said i'm pretty sure the numbers show WD events make more money than all other events combined.
I personally don't spend money outside of WD events. While i know most spend on both...i also know that others will spend a couple hundred on a regular event and a couple thousand on a WD event.

Granted if prizes are this poor...that could certainly change.

Dutchie
04-30-2013, 02:19 AM
I respect that stance about keeping them Mediocre at best.
I personally completely disagree but i respect the stance.

With that being said i'm pretty sure the numbers show WD events make more money than all other events combined.
I personally don't spend money outside of WD events. While i know most spend on both...i also know that others will spend a couple hundred on a regular event and a couple thousand on a WD event.

Granted if prizes are this poor...that could certainly change.

I seriously doubt that. Ireland proved another great success for GREE and all units get a tiny little inflation boost with each event anyway. Colombia will no doubt be even more successful with the same level of boost in the prizes.

PIRATE JUSTICE
04-30-2013, 02:35 AM
Imagine a massive tie. It's brilliant. Imagine every faction arranging a tie for 1st.

klonik
04-30-2013, 03:00 AM
From what I heard it is not working properly.

reduction bonuses are multipling together thats why u may thing bonus is not working properly.

if u have cement at 10 + this 15 u get 0,9*0,85 bonus > 76.5 of norm price instead of 75 u expect

this way upgrade cost may never be 0 or lower... so it works logical

sraghav42
04-30-2013, 03:00 AM
Why only units why can't we get some cool functional buildings as prize...

Baraka
04-30-2013, 03:31 AM
I agree thief. Unit boosts are truely shocking. Only think worth anything is P2 award. Come on Gree. Better boosts mean more money for you. Look at it that way

megaants
04-30-2013, 04:38 AM
I prefer crappy bonuses.. Competition won't be that crazy!!

Thief
04-30-2013, 08:00 AM
I seriously doubt that. Ireland proved another great success for GREE and all units get a tiny little inflation boost with each event anyway. Colombia will no doubt be even more successful with the same level of boost in the prizes.

Reviewing Ireland Top 25 was one of the best prizes...did you see the lvl of competition?
Top 50 was another good prize. VERY competitive.

Top 10 prize sucked....The scores were about 4 million less per top 4-10.

Yes competition is sometimes a reason to compete. However my point is that competition can be fueled with great prizes.

Dutchie
04-30-2013, 08:13 AM
Reviewing Ireland Top 25 was one of the best prizes...did you see the lvl of competition?
Top 50 was another good prize. VERY competitive.

Top 10 prize sucked....The scores were about 4 million less per top 4-10.

Yes competition is sometimes a reason to compete. However my point is that competition can be fueled with great prizes.

What great prizes? You consider virtual trinkets that you don't own great prizes? Maybe in the context of this game they could be, but in the grande scheme of things...

Enjoy your "great" prizes Thief!

Thief
05-01-2013, 02:06 PM
prizes, trinkets, or crap its all the same so what does it matter to you

for new prizes they should introduce new buildings or better yet decorations, like a statue or something that the player can display in their base showing it off. on top of with whatever boosts already included.

I'm all for Different Prizes.
I would like to see unique aspects brought to the game. Keep things fresh and different. Buildings can add soo much more!

goldenarchie
05-01-2013, 02:27 PM
Actually if Gree would offer factions a pile of gold according to the faction rank along with the event prizes that would make the chase to the next level all the more exciting....Just a thought.
It would also reward factions that are more competitive with a better advantage to complete the LTQ or boss events, thus getting the bigger prizes and the cycle continues. It would also fuel the have not's to either step up or join a better faction.

arch

Thief
05-07-2013, 02:04 PM
Actually if Gree would offer factions a pile of gold according to the faction rank along with the event prizes that would make the chase to the next level all the more exciting....Just a thought.
It would also reward factions that are more competitive with a better advantage to complete the LTQ or boss events, thus getting the bigger prizes and the cycle continues. It would also fuel the have not's to either step up or join a better faction.

arch

Hahaha i don't like the idea because of how it would really distance the gaps between the ranks however it certainly is an interesting one.

Bobar
05-07-2013, 02:12 PM
Anyone have the Battle for Egypt or Greenland rewards screenshot?

Here's China:
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o102/jonnyboy1492/BattleforChinaRewards_zps746d6ef3.png

just a part from egypt

http://i1361.photobucket.com/albums/r661/DET-Bobar/Reward_zps83d089c6.jpg

Thief
05-07-2013, 02:22 PM
just a part from egypt

http://i1361.photobucket.com/albums/r661/DET-Bobar/Reward_zps83d089c6.jpg

Egypt was Changed a couple days before kick off.

The Ramses 2 Tank i think changed to 15% more def from ground
Pharos Submarine changed to +1 Energy Reneration
Tech Assisted Sniper is 10% more defense from infantry.

mgriss
05-07-2013, 02:26 PM
I totally agree with keeping the WD bonuses lame... if they start handing out +1 energy and 20% health upgrades to the thousands of players in top 50 factions... the disparity between heavy gold spenders and light/free players is going to get even worse. Also those heavy gold spenders will then spend less gold on energy and health based events. It's a win-win for me and Gree to keep those guys fighting each other over nothing.

ohgreatitsryan
05-07-2013, 02:31 PM
The only problem is that who would go all out for these? The top 50 boost is the same as the top 100 in Ireland, and the top 100 is HALF of the top 250 from Ireland.

Mcdoc
05-07-2013, 02:57 PM
THIS seems like the PERFECT set of Crappy prizes for the Top 25 or Top 50 even to ban togethermand Declare a Gold Strike for Columbia.

I know this is similar to the idea of the Cartel - but coming to this conclusion together for 2 reasons: 1) Too Soon for another War 2) Prizes are lame - I could get behind this initiative.

Looks like McGurt has already declared - I'm sure if VFF - Ace - Dogs - Warriors - ALL get behind McGurts declaration (easier for me to get behind McGurt than to get behind the Public Joker) - and the HARDEST part - to not give a schit if others slip into Top 25 this time and be happy with Top50 / Top100 - then let the Jr Varsity teams step up and taste Top 10 Top25 - then it would work.

EDIT: Ooopps - it wasn't McGurt - it was the Bavehearts :
http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?53827-Bravehearts-of-Scotland-no-gold-for-Columbia

I'll have to check with the officers on in my Faction - but if we all agreed to join a Gold Strike in Columbia - might actually be fun to see where we end up WITHOUT all the Steriods in this one battle :).

WHO's With me?

2nd dan
05-07-2013, 03:04 PM
I know it's a long shot but maybe a unit where you could upgrade a money building as well as a defence or other building at the same time but not two money building for the top 25 or 50 or something abit more achievable as we all know who the top 3 are ....

I am a cow
05-07-2013, 11:20 PM
1% more sea attack really? 1% what the hell can 1% do? Nothing thats what and GREE thinks that its a great prize change the bonus to 10% sea defense and some people will get excited at least but 1% sea attack pathetic bonus

THQ
05-08-2013, 12:16 AM
Agreed, they do need to improve the rewards, maybe something like 20% faster stamina recovery or something

Thief
05-08-2013, 10:03 AM
Agreed, they do need to improve the rewards, maybe something like 20% faster stamina recovery or something

This one i would really like to see (although we don't have much use for stamina these days)
Seems like Stamina is the Redheaded stepchild in a game called....gasp Modern WAR...where we Battle each other.