PDA

View Full Version : The Sweetest Victoy

BADMARKX
04-29-2013, 10:50 AM
I was going to start a thread yesterday asking if any teams sacrifice scoring max WD points to beat a particular team.
We all know prizes are awarded for your total score and wins, although fun, are really not needed. But is there a particular team you try to beat when getting matched up?

Then a beauty fell on our lap. I shared a little late last night on one of pj's threads, but this really deserves its own. We got matched up with a particular team who on any normal day should have crushed us into paste. And they had a member I really wanted to stomp. The beginning started slow as 90% of this team were way stronger than us. But we got lucky and found a weak link. It was within a couple thousand points at the :30 min mark, and then I pulled out the Herb Brooks:

Herb Brooks: Great moments... are born from great opportunity. And that's what you have here, tonight, boys. That's what you've earned here tonight. One game. If we played 'em ten times, they might win nine. But not this game. Not tonight. Tonight, we skate with them. Tonight, we stay with them. And we shut them down because we can! Tonight, you were meant to be here. This is your time. Their time is done. It's over. Screw 'em. This is your time. Now go out there and take it. (Paraphrased from the film, Miracle)

Then I did what I do. I normally like to toy with a team and let them think that we are out of gas, and then pour it on in the end. But I knew the strength of this team and did not take chances. My fingers tapped hard for the last :20 mins.

This was a victory for Ranger's, but I'm glad there were some eagles involved with this fight.

Again, it's just a fun, silly game, and I have no ill will for this team or its members. I do hope they stay a top team and earn their prizes. Im also glad that this was a battle with some points and im not bragging about a win of only 10k total points. i know they tried, and i know they knew who i was as i took more hits than any other battle ive been in. It was worth the gold i spent! That was the most fun I've had in a WD event to date, and we got em!

Thanks again to my teams, Ranger's LLPS and the couple eagles who were on Ranger's for Ireland.
That's how you debate!

Dutchie
04-29-2013, 11:01 AM
Right on bro! It has been a pleasure battling with you!

Jhenry02
04-29-2013, 12:39 PM
Ours was beating FFF. We beat them, proving that we don't need intel to win; and that blocks of love really is about charity and goodwill.

HunterKiller
04-29-2013, 12:46 PM
As a new faction in the top 75, Palringo enjoyed the chance to make our mark on some well known and established teams. I don't have records but I know we beat FFF. And pretty sure we beat one of the VFFs too, among others. Was great fun showing the established teams what the angry new kid on the block is capable of.

MadFox
04-29-2013, 12:54 PM
Congrats Ranger's LLPs...
Best wishes to the whole crew...keep up the good work!

BADMARKX
04-29-2013, 01:51 PM
Congrats Ranger's LLPs...
Best wishes to the whole crew...keep up the good work!
Thanks DF, ill be in touch bredderin!

BADMARKX
04-29-2013, 01:52 PM
Ours was beating FFF. We beat them, proving that we don't need intel to win; and that blocks of love really is about charity and goodwill.
I does feel good, doesn't J?

ohgreatitsryan
04-29-2013, 02:20 PM

You guys may have won that, but care to share how many losses YOU personally took that fight? I think that was our most gratifying moment.....

Jhenry02
04-29-2013, 02:38 PM
Like 500? I had a total of like 9000 losses. I had 7000 losses alone when we faced the darkness in china.

It's no secret I'm the perfect target for my faction. I could have stopped leveling 26 levels ago. But I'll take the losses to make it easier on my team.

But we will be starting blocks of love 3.0 shortly. As proven in Ireland there are no dubious undertones, just charity.

-J

Jaebee
04-29-2013, 03:15 PM
You guys may have won that, but care to share how many losses YOU personally took that fight? I think that was our most gratifying moment.....
Probably about as many as Morphingwhatever had...lol

Jhenry02
04-29-2013, 03:42 PM
Or as many as I put on hockeyzebra