PDA

View Full Version : SERIOUSLY - If you have over 300k WD Points and not sitting in Top 10 right now . . .

Mcdoc
04-29-2013, 03:21 AM
A Public Service Announcement - with a Special Note to Gree's Financial Planner at the bottom.

Wow - it frustrates me to no end to see guys dragging players with less than 50k WD when they have spent Gold to pull more than 300k (some over 1 million) and they are just now swallowing the hard truth that their faction has NO chance of making Top 25 right now.

If you are a 300k WD Point Puller and you are not in a Top 10 Faction - what the heck are you spending your Gold for? Water seeks it's own level - and a 300k player (as of this moment in time) should be looking at some Top 10 prizes in your inventory.

This isn't intended to be a recruiting thread - it is meant to be a WAKE UP call for those blindly following their leaders into Top 50 time and time again when you should be getting the benefit of Top 10 prizes.

With EACH Country War we finish - Top 10 Player potentials are sliding up the Faction Ladders and the "minimum" WD point expectation goes up. It used to be that 150k WD was good enough to get you a TOP 10 Spot - now its 300k or higher.

If YOU are indeed a 300k WD point puller (or higher) - do yourself a Favor and take screen shots of your faction list sorted by WD score and keep that as your proof for when you finally decide that Gold for a Top 10 finish is better than Gold for a Top 50 finish.

AND if you are a Top 10 team and you still have guys who can barely pull 50k WD points - Good for you! Good for you! This isn't about you and your honorable Charity to carry those team mates - this is about those folks who are beating themselves up to pull all they can - and then realize they can never place in the TOP 10 with their current situation.

TOP 10 Teams collect / store / share intel from every battle (google Docs? )

TOP 10 Teams use outside Chat tools to communicate during battle and share intel quickly

TOP 10 Teams have their own forums - either inside the Funzio website or outside

Top 10 Teams sometimes setup a Faction Bank where all members donate to one Gold Player who already scores HIGH WD and Gold Bonuses are compounded on top of players who already qualify for the 10 vault bonus and now can reach the 20 vault bonus

If you're on a team that doesn't employ those tactics and are just floating through these battles on the backs of 6 or 8 strong players - then soon you will find yourself struggling to stay in the Top 100.

Just the facts ma'am - this doesn't make me a cold-hearted meanie for pointing these things out - just a WAKE UP call for those who are frustrated with giving their all and not being matched up with 60 other people who will HELP them finish in the TOP 10 EVERY TIME versus maybe you made Top 25 once or twice - never made Top 10 - and yet somehow now you are facing a Top 50 finish with your 450k WD strong finish.

Oh - and every battle that you volunteer to stay behind in a Top 50 or Top 100 faction - 600 players in the Top 10 are growing STRONGER and STRONGER in the game while you sit back and wonder why that One Guy who is 15 levels below you OWNS you every time he chooses to bash in your front door and walk all over your base.

3 months from now - this message can be recycled - but Top 10 Factions will not even consider you if you haven't pulled 500k WD - It's the Survival of the Fittest - and a Sad Truth

One last thing - GREE - if you want people to trip over themselves to get a prize - don't put the 25% Health Regen or Upgrade 2 buildings at once as a Top 3 Prize - Make it the Top 25 prize and now 25 Teams will SPEND SPEND SPEND SPEND SPEND - to get it. It is ALREADY a Forgone Conclusion for the REST of the Life Cycle of Modern War who the Top 3 Teams will be AND in which order they will finish - SO WHATEVER Prize you make for the Top 3 is Irrelevant - they will spend what they have already spent in the past JUST to finish in the TOP 3 - even if the Prize has 35 / 65 Stats! On the other hand - MOST factions take a look at the Top 10 Prize (+3 to Valor - meh - skip it) and the Top 25 Prize (+5% Health Regen - SURE) and base their Financial commitment to a war on what the TOP 10 or TOP 25 prize is. So don't think that a Golden Carrot in the Top 3 will EVER make any other Team besides the TOP 3 already established Team - ever influence them or motivate them to push for Top 3 - Your "SWEET SPOT" for Making the Most Money - is to place the BEST prize at Top 25 - think about - 25 Teams times avg of 54 players - vs 3 teams of 60 ? Which has the most profit Potential? I Seriously doubt if you put up a Boobie Prize for Top Spot - if PUN would ever say - "Forget it - Top prize is not worth it - we are going to just shoot for the #4 spot and be happy".

This has been a Public Service Announcement

Durt McGurt
04-29-2013, 03:28 AM
Pretty well put.
If they had a unit for top 10/25 that allowed multiple upgrades, now we are talking.

Poopenshire
04-29-2013, 04:09 AM
Consolidation is the way to success. Pool your reaources. There is no shame moving up to a team like VFF or McGurt.I really hope others take this serious and join these two great factions.

Yankster
04-29-2013, 04:17 AM
The veracity in this is biblical..... Make it fun and rewarding for all players... Reverse prize tiers.. It would only lengthen the time the game played on. But gree may have an end date as to when MW may longer be available and wish to gain as much as fast as they can. It's what Dave Chapelle did but most people don't have much bad to say about Dave...

Tctiger
04-29-2013, 04:38 AM
If you spend a lot of gold to complete all the events, buy units ect that is true , if you dont have unlimited gold then don't bother joining a top faction as you will be way better off spending less in WD taking top 25/50/100 and playing LTQ events ect , if you have a budget work out what is best for you .

Ducati
04-29-2013, 05:06 AM
I agree on what you are saying TC, but the point is about people who have allready over 300k WD points, and are not in a potentially top 10 faction.

heal
04-29-2013, 05:09 AM
Nice post and it's good to get some info on the inner workings of a top 10 faction. Loyalty is why a top faction might keep a 50k player and loyalty is why a 300k player in a top 100 faction doesn't move on and up. That's not necessarily a bad thing as it's a game for fun (though some might disagree). Anyway, if you have a 50k WD point player you want to boot to HCF, we'll take em. :p

Poopenshire
04-29-2013, 05:11 AM
Nice post and it's good to get some info on the inner workings of a top 10 faction. Loyalty is why a top faction might keep a 50k player and loyalty is why a 300k player in a top 100 faction doesn't move on and up. That's not necessarily a bad thing as it's a game for fun (though some might disagree). Anyway, if you have a 50k WD point player you want to boot to HCF, we'll take em. :p

You are 100% accurate, and 50k player can have plenty of other roles to support and help a team.

think outside the box on this one. I cannot serve it up on a silver platter, but there are a great many things not so big spenders can do in times of war to make their team a winner.

heal
04-29-2013, 05:16 AM
Agreed Poopenshire. There's some mysteries that are best kept to oneself, and others to share for all. We have some LLLP's who are fantastic for our faction. The rest of us are merely LLP's.

PIRATE JUSTICE
04-29-2013, 05:21 AM
The future isn't what you've been offered.

You're not a hamster forced to run on Gree's hampster wheel inside your cage.

You're human being, a pretty darn fine one, too.

You desreve more value for less dough.

Why do what you're told by the one you should be telling what to do for you?

Free play, or limited pay to play is the ONLY way to go.

Yes, consolidation is part of the plan.

Factions only divide and conquer.

THE CARTEL is coming, and you don't have to spend gold to belong.

You just have to join.

THE CARTEL, serving Modern War gamers for almost three days!!!

Ducati
04-29-2013, 05:46 AM
Should have done this much earlier.

PIRATE JUSTICE
This message is hidden because PIRATE JUSTICE is on your ignore list.
View Post
Remove user from ignore list

Kode
04-29-2013, 06:15 AM
Well damn this post kinda stung since I get who your referring too, while maybe true, still hurts.

I get it I do but having never tried a WD before I thought 300k was just average. Live and learn I guess.

Sillybeans
04-29-2013, 07:44 AM
Someone in charlie has 2.1mill WD points alone... Should be in PUN ¬_¬ Great person obviously but could stand at the top...

Hooligany
04-29-2013, 08:00 AM
If all players scoring 300k should be in top 10 factions now, the lower ranked factions will no longer be competitive. The top factions will have stacked players getting stronger n stronger and soon when there isn't anything for the lower ranked factions to fight for, the game will fall apart with many abandoning the game.
At times, some players stay n remain in a faction not just because of loyalty but its that they have found friends n fun within a game and forgo the glory.

Thief
04-29-2013, 08:01 AM
Someone in charlie has 2.1mill WD points alone... Should be in PUN ¬_¬ Great person obviously but could stand at the top...

I know who your talking about i think Silly. I came across him a couple weeks ago hahaha thankfully he took mercy on me because being apart of VFF. While we don't want to take members from our family if he is looking to move up make sure stays in the family :D

HGF69
04-29-2013, 08:03 AM
Fair did but its more difficult to recruit string players now so you hold onto what u have

Thief
04-29-2013, 08:12 AM
If all players scoring 300k should be in top 10 factions now, the lower ranked factions will no longer be competitive. The top factions will have stacked players getting stronger n stronger and soon when there isn't anything for the lower ranked factions to fight for, the game will fall apart with many abandoning the game.
At times, some players stay n remain in a faction not just because of loyalty but its that they have found friends n fun within a game and forgo the glory.

I can't follow your logic about not being competitive. If all players scoring 300k are in top 10...doesn't that make the requirements for top 25/50 etc less competitive. IE you can still get the prizes and it will require less WD points? The Players are already getting stronger and stronger and there is nothing you can do about it unless you change the dynamics of the game completely. The game is set up in Tiers...over time that tier will start to define what tier you will be in for the life of the game. (or the life of your game at least)

As for members staying in a faction to play with friends thats cool. There is nothing wrong with it. It's alot of fun to play with those you know...but sometimes the grass truly can be greener on the other side and sometimes the Social component is more important than the game itself. However those that were very loyal to their teams before finally giving some of the top 10 teams a chance have discovered they truly have a great time and dont' regret it in the least.

CAPT.GIN
04-29-2013, 08:39 AM
A Public Service Announcement - with a Special Note to Gree's Financial Planner at the bottom.

Wow - it frustrates me to no end to see guys dragging players with less than 50k WD when they have spent Gold to pull more than 300k (some over 1 million) and they are just now swallowing the hard truth that their faction has NO chance of making Top 25 right now.

If you are a 300k WD Point Puller and you are not in a Top 10 Faction - what the heck are you spending your Gold for? Water seeks it's own level - and a 300k player (as of this moment in time) should be looking at some Top 10 prizes in your inventory.

This isn't intended to be a recruiting thread - it is meant to be a WAKE UP call for those blindly following their leaders into Top 50 time and time again when you should be getting the benefit of Top 10 prizes.

With EACH Country War we finish - Top 10 Player potentials are sliding up the Faction Ladders and the "minimum" WD point expectation goes up. It used to be that 150k WD was good enough to get you a TOP 10 Spot - now its 300k or higher.

If YOU are indeed a 300k WD point puller (or higher) - do yourself a Favor and take screen shots of your faction list sorted by WD score and keep that as your proof for when you finally decide that Gold for a Top 10 finish is better than Gold for a Top 50 finish.

AND if you are a Top 10 team and you still have guys who can barely pull 50k WD points - Good for you! Good for you! This isn't about you and your honorable Charity to carry those team mates - this is about those folks who are beating themselves up to pull all they can - and then realize they can never place in the TOP 10 with their current situation.

TOP 10 Teams use outside Chat tools to communicate during battle and share intel quickly

TOP 10 Teams have their own forums - either inside the Funzio website or outside

Top 10 Teams sometimes setup a Faction Bank where all members donate to one Gold Player who already scores HIGH WD and Gold Bonuses are compounded on top of players who already qualify for the 10 vault bonus and now can reach the 20 vault bonus

If you're on a team that doesn't employ those tactics and are just floating through these battles on the backs of 6 or 8 strong players - then soon you will find yourself struggling to stay in the Top 100.

Just the facts ma'am - this doesn't make me a cold-hearted meanie for pointing these things out - just a WAKE UP call for those who are frustrated with giving their all and not being matched up with 60 other people who will HELP them finish in the TOP 10 EVERY TIME versus maybe you made Top 25 once or twice - never made Top 10 - and yet somehow now you are facing a Top 50 finish with your 450k WD strong finish.

Oh - and every battle that you volunteer to stay behind in a Top 50 or Top 100 faction - 600 players in the Top 10 are growing STRONGER and STRONGER in the game while you sit back and wonder why that One Guy who is 15 levels below you OWNS you every time he chooses to bash in your front door and walk all over your base.

3 months from now - this message can be recycled - but Top 10 Factions will not even consider you if you haven't pulled 500k WD - It's the Survival of the Fittest - and a Sad Truth

One last thing - GREE - if you want people to trip over themselves to get a prize - don't put the 25% Health Regen or Upgrade 2 buildings at once as a Top 3 Prize - Make it the Top 25 prize and now 25 Teams will SPEND SPEND SPEND SPEND SPEND - to get it. It is ALREADY a Forgone Conclusion for the REST of the Life Cycle of Modern War who the Top 3 Teams will be AND in which order they will finish - SO WHATEVER Prize you make for the Top 3 is Irrelevant - they will spend what they have already spent in the past JUST to finish in the TOP 3 - even if the Prize has 35 / 65 Stats! On the other hand - MOST factions take a look at the Top 10 Prize (+3 to Valor - meh - skip it) and the Top 25 Prize (+5% Health Regen - SURE) and base their Financial commitment to a war on what the TOP 10 or TOP 25 prize is. So don't think that a Golden Carrot in the Top 3 will EVER make any other Team besides the TOP 3 already established Team - ever influence them or motivate them to push for Top 3 - Your "SWEET SPOT" for Making the Most Money - is to place the BEST prize at Top 25 - think about - 25 Teams times avg of 54 players - vs 3 teams of 60 ? Which has the most profit Potential? I Seriously doubt if you put up a Boobie Prize for Top Spot - if PUN would ever say - "Forget it - Top prize is not worth it - we are going to just shoot for the #4 spot and be happy".

Mcdoc sometimes it's not always about the points you get in war! There are many players who contribute in many other ways, such as donating money or being a meat shield and so on. Alot of factions look at these players as family and good friends and as long as they are there by them side by side it really does not matter how many points they have as long as they contribute and not just leach of the faction for units. I see where you are comin from doc but also keep in mind alot of players financially can't aford to spend crazy amounts of money just for points...

Durt McGurt
04-29-2013, 09:42 AM
make sure stays in the family :D
Just like Bravo did :p

Fazhang
04-29-2013, 10:12 AM
Yeah jb is loyal. Sometimes loyalty means more than just prizes

Selfproclaimed
04-29-2013, 10:16 AM
Just like Bravo did :p

Lol bravo opted out of the family. ::: shrugs shoulders:::

Q Raider
04-29-2013, 10:34 AM
Personal choices....

I actually like the fact that we can still be in contention for top 25 and have both free players and a couple of the "mighty midgets" in the faction as well.

Sugarymama
04-29-2013, 10:48 AM
Daaammmnnn McDoc! You broke it down to the very last compound! ;)

Everything you said is accurate, which is why my decision to stay with fam is just that; it's with fam. I love chatting with my peeps. That's what make these events so miuch fun. Who wants to sit around just tapping "Attack" all the damn time? (well, some people do obviously) BORING...

I know I probably will never get 500k WD points. Please...lol. As long as I can fight alongside such great people, that's really all I need. Yeah, a prize or two is always nice, but the real reward is the camaraderie. Can't beat that.

Anjunbeats
04-29-2013, 11:27 AM
Are you serious McDoc? Shouldn't you consider leaving the faction of your LLP-account then? Pretty sure you know how it feels to ride on the shoulders of those great "300k wd points" players and not to mention how much one (you) can profit by it even though you barely ever scored more than 50k points.
Hell yeah, let's squeeze the last fun and loyalty out of this game and do it all for the money. I thought you're a nice guy. Looks like I know better now.

Mcdoc
04-29-2013, 01:16 PM
You miss my point - I'm not at all bagging on players who score less - I am simply pointing out that the guys who spend gold - get high points - and are then disappointed they didn't make higher - those players are the ones who need to migrate.

Trust me - I place a lot of value on lower level players - in fact - it is becoming much easier for a level 75 player with 100k stats to score more WD than a level 210 player with 550k attack.

Figure it takes at least 15 Million to make Top 10 - 15 million / 60 players is 250k each - thats really the whole point - you need 300k players to make Top 10 - it's math - not personal.

Besides - if you're gonna hate - don't hate the player- Hate the game.

Rowdydowdy
04-29-2013, 01:51 PM
Or how about join the cartel and agree not to fight cartel factions with Gold?

DaHoosier
04-29-2013, 02:09 PM
McDoc has really put it very well and I think it has even deeper implications as you go down the tiers.

There used to be a time you could play for free with maybe light Gold spend and Tapjoy gold. Use your smarts and a lot of patience , put in much personal time for events, timing upgrades, level slowly Etc. You could be reasonably competitive and not be a punching bag.

Sure some high gold players with a little skill might come through and give you a beating every so often. But it was not very often and you could use tactics like managing ally count to still hide or find a place to make some extra income from PvP. That is gone with new rival list and vault changes... So much for skill.

Things have changed. Unless you are willing to buy a couple vaults a month to stay in a top 100 or top 50 faction if you are lucky and use gold to go far in LTQ events, you are now and forever relegated to being a punching bag. As time goes on this effect will even show through more as the spenders consolidate into higher ranked factions and keep getting stronger in relation to the non spenders who will increasingly only be using this game as a social outlet.
Most of the skill and patience elements have now been removed. That was what kept me excited about this game, put in the extra effort , use your smarts and you can still be pretty darn competitive.

Sure factions are nice for friends and comraderie etc. But I think my time might be better spent with you real life friends and family.

Thank you McDoc for your post and helping me to face the new reality for Modern War. I have had these thoughts deep in my mind for a while now. Gree is brilliant and i do not blame them for finding a way to get the most spend from the big spenders and masses alike.

I tried not to face it and will have a hard time making the separation from this game I so love.

Tctiger
04-29-2013, 02:25 PM
Bravo just wanted to stay together and some people thought the best way to do that was to leave vff although it didn't pan out like that , let's face it vff didn't quite work out as planned either did it , once it turned out we would have to buy points lol . It's ok to talk about it but at the end of the day it is up to the individual where they want to be for whatever reason they like , maybe some people enjoy being a star of the team or enjoy playing with friends . Some treat it like a business and a job , I have faith that most people can add up and deside where they want to be for themselves . Did you enjoy the show earlier mcdoc ? 26th - 13th in one game and top 25 was a great performance by bravo considering . P.s not taking the Michael there I know you didn't have to score but we did !

Hassleham
04-29-2013, 02:45 PM
BOOOOOOOOM

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x46/dobbinish/3B17982B-51CA-4498-9E59-493A564EA3D7-371-0000002CDBA4F812_zpsff4340bb.jpg

Jaebee
04-29-2013, 03:24 PM
I am simply pointing out that the guys who spend gold - get high points - and are then disappointed they didn't make higher - those players are the ones who need to migrate.

Pretty sure that anyone who that applies to, i.e. "are disappointed", have already figured out they can move on anytime they want, and this thread probably isn't going to suddenly cause some epiphany in their mind. Just saying, this thread smells a bit like an attempt to poach...but I'm sure you guys wouldn't do that, right?

Mcdoc
04-29-2013, 03:30 PM
Wow Hassle - I must have missed that Battle - LoL - but about 10 more with whose kind of points - you guys could easily taken top 10 :)

Kudos to Bravo AND Alpha for bieng anle to pull of a Top 25 victory!

Ireland was truly a fun ride - but just as the Top 3 Spots are pretty muck locked in forever - the Top 10 Spots are quickly becoming locked in as well. I assure you ACE, VFF, McGurt, Global Strike Force, & maybe Joe Dirt will always finish in the Top 10 - and those factions will not tolerate players below the 150k WD Point mark. So there are 8 to 9 of the Top 10 Spots Locked !

That's why the VFF Family works so well - someone can have a happy Top 25 or Top 50 home in one of the VFF factions - and then move up to the Top 10 faction for a nice battle when they have the means to do so - then settle back to a familiar VFF Faction to take it down a notch for a while. I know it has come Full Circle from October when the Alpha, Bravo, Charle, Delta (REG), Lima (Campers) concept was first pitched - but now even more so - the VFF family makes the most sense. Having the Family all contribute to the shared Intel Google.Docs worked out well over the past few battles - getting better each time - and when other teams see the value in that process and want to Join the VFF Family - then you will be strong against the Cartel ( LoL) and have more fun with instant Intel on a team that already faced another in the VFF family :)

Anyway - Congrats to all of the teams who pulled together to get the Top 500 prizes :)

Mcdoc
04-29-2013, 03:37 PM
Pretty sure that anyone who that applies to, i.e. "are disappointed", have already figured out they can move on anytime they want, and this thread probably isn't going to suddenly cause some epiphany in their mind. Just saying, this thread smells a bit like an attempt to poach...but I'm sure you guys wouldn't do that, right?Seriously not trying to poach - don't need to - those who want to finish in the Top 10 know who to go to. Anyway - the whole point of this thread - to relate it to a Movie Reference - in this case the movie 2012 - the seats on the Rescue Ships are quickly filling up and the cost of your ticket is currently 300k WD screenshot for previous Battles - but soon that price will go up to 500k :)

Jaebee
04-29-2013, 03:39 PM
Seriously not trying to poach - don't need to - those who want to finish in the Top 10 know who to go to. Anyway - the whole point of this thread - to relate it to a Movie Reference - in this case the movie 2012 - the seats on the Rescue Ships are quickly filling up and the cost of your ticket is currently 300k WD screenshot for previous Battles - but soon that price will go up to 500k :)

Perhaps, but I doubt it...as time goes by, there will always be attrition (guys quitting the game, no longer able to afford the gold, etc), so there will always be spots open.

Ajk
04-29-2013, 03:55 PM

This has been a Public Service AnnouncementThis, this is what some on this forum never really got to witness. A very respected member putting great info out there. Man there was a time...

Fazhang
04-29-2013, 04:02 PM
Pretty sure that anyone who that applies to, i.e. "are disappointed", have already figured out they can move on anytime they want, and this thread probably isn't going to suddenly cause some epiphany in their mind. Just saying, this thread smells a bit like an attempt to poach...but I'm sure you guys wouldn't do that, right?
100% agree.

SgtBetty
04-29-2013, 04:20 PM
I have to say thebattle for ireland was the most enjoyable battle I have been in . There was a set goal , but no threateneing for a boot and demanding you spend more gold . In this faction it was positive reinforcement and teamwork . I have to say I don't miss the struggle for top 25 . I think I would miss the comradery and actual enjoyment that I have had this go around . So , I think I weighed the options and opted for fun . But, there are different strokes for different folks. Congradulations to all the winners and even the losers if you did the absolute best you could do with the what you had to do it .

machette
04-29-2013, 04:29 PM
Well I only got 299000 so I will stay in the top 25

Lumbee
04-29-2013, 05:08 PM
I totally agree with you on this, Capt.Gin. This is a game and if you can't have fun then its time to move on. I have gold players and free players in my faction in the end of the day we have a blast. I will sacrifice glory for myself so my faction members can receive it. And still have only one lost fight.

asdfg12345
04-29-2013, 05:31 PM
In a top 10 faction a 300k player is just a nameless member while that same 300k player is the center of attention in a weaker faction. Some times its not just about an extra unit.

Jhenry02
04-29-2013, 07:36 PM
We keep information like this in house. You have been warned before.

Skyser30518
04-29-2013, 08:26 PM
Well I only got 299000 so I will stay in the top 25

It's ok, we only require 298k. Welcome aboard.

Mcdoc
04-29-2013, 10:16 PM
It's ok, we only require 298k. Welcome aboard.That made me laugh :)

Draale
04-30-2013, 01:15 AM
Just looking at this from the perspective of a new lowbie. If all the top teams are fully stacked, then you create a great divide of the world just like the American economy, the 1%ers and everyone else. If there was a basketball team full of lebron james, eventually everyone else would quit from always losing.

I can understand your frustration of u being the big gold spender while others aren't or arent using it wisely. Your choices are to get into a guild that's more your preference, start your own guild, talk to and motivate the lagging teammates and maybe point out some stuff they can be doing better, kick out the laggards and get some new blood.

Coming on here and posting a wall of text like u did just makes you seem like a whiney baby and poor loser. It's just a game.

Blitz.BestoftheBest
04-30-2013, 09:57 AM
It's also fun to throw new factions into the midst, though...

For example, we went from 250 to 100 to 50, and have more than doubled our points with each successive war.

There's something to be said for figuring out what it takes each step of the way to get to the next level.

In Egypt, we nailed down our communication on GroupMe and on our faction website. This secured us top 250.

Between Egypt and China, we nailed down a fantastic battle plan that let us do way more with less gold and players with way worse stats than most of our competition. This took us to top 100.

Between China and Ireland, we implemented a group gold program, and this took us to top 50.

Next war will be our first war to receive bonus gold, and we should be getting somewhere around 200,000. This will hopefully propel us into top 25 next war.

I say this because I understand the benefit of moving into these super-teams of gold spenders. I really do. We would be sad to lose our top players, as we do have at least 15 non-gold players, myself included.

They stay with us, and continue to join us, however, because it's phenomenal to be a part of a faction that really has to innovate and work together for success. Plus, our top spenders are celebrities with us, compared to average joes in a faction like yours.

Sure, McGurk or Superfaction may finish top 10. That's awesome and all, but would anybody really be surprised? They don't have to do anything new, just keep doing what they've been doing. Obviously it continues to get harder and harder to hold a place in the top tiers, but you get my point.

What is really neat to me is when a relatively unheardof faction without any mandatory gold usage places top 25.

I'd really love to see the look on peoples faces when they got their gold-dumping factions beaten by a group called the "Faction of United Campers".

Durt McGurt
04-30-2013, 10:16 AM
Sure, McGurk or Superfaction may finish top 10. That's awesome and all, but would anybody really be surprised? They don't have to do anything new, just keep doing what they've been doing. Obviously it continues to get harder and harder to hold a place in the top tiers, but you get my point.

What is really neat to me is when a relatively unheardof faction without any mandatory gold usage places top 25.

I'd really love to see the look on peoples faces when they got their gold-dumping factions beaten by a group called the "Faction of United Campers".

1. It is McGurt
2. This is about getting like minded players together. There are great virtual & real friends to be made in any faction.
3. I wish you the best in and out of the game.

Tctiger
04-30-2013, 10:24 AM
Suck the top 25/50 dry of top players and top 10 get it cheaper ? Maybe some people will get bored sending a stranger £110 + every month and also having minimum WD points requirements just to get that extra trinket and come to a rebel faction like Bravo lol

Blitz.BestoftheBest
04-30-2013, 10:58 AM
1. It is McGurt
2. This is about getting like minded players together. There are great virtual & real friends to be made in any faction.
3. I wish you the best in and out of the game.

Sorry I'm studying for a cognitive neuroscience final right now, and the McGurk effect is a really cool phenomenon in language processing we have to know. It was a typo and the product of cramming for exams :-) Freud was right...

seaagg
04-30-2013, 02:44 PM
BOOOOOOOOM

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x46/dobbinish/3B17982B-51CA-4498-9E59-493A564EA3D7-371-0000002CDBA4F812_zpsff4340bb.jpg

LMAO, just saw the Wall posts, that is great!!

helli0n
04-30-2013, 02:50 PM
LMAO, just saw the Wall posts, that is great!!
Its the final point score which really matters

Tctiger
04-30-2013, 04:37 PM

That's why we did it lol

General Maximus
04-30-2013, 05:05 PM

That was our final battle in Ireland. Our final score.

Mcdoc
05-01-2013, 08:07 PM
Nice post and it's good to get some info on the inner workings of a top 10 faction. . . .
McDoc has really put it very well and I think it has even deeper implications as you go down the tiers. . . .Thank you McDoc for your post and helping me . . . .
This, this is what some on this forum never really got to witness. A very respected member putting great info out there. Man there was a time...
Just looking at this from the perspective of a new lowbie. . . .Coming on here and posting a wall of text like u did just makes you seem like a whiney baby and poor loser. It's just a game.Funny to see the different interpretations of this post. I was just trying to make a point - the top teams are searching for top players - and there are a lot of 300k to 500k WD players who don't even realize that they should be finishing Top 10 in every battle . . . . That really was the point.

A for Drale - you already admitted you were a newbie - someone who has just been on the forum for 2 months vs a Forum veteran who has been posting for a year and 4 months - just comedy that you would misinterpret any part of this thread as whining - more like WINNING - and looking for other Winners :)

Also - Kudos to Blitz and his team for adopting some of the strategies listed in the OP that has helped his faction steadily move up the ladder. You would be surprised how many Top 500 factions don't even use an outside Chat - which by itself could jump them easily into the Top 50.

bushobama
05-02-2013, 01:31 AM
Sorry I'm studying for a cognitive neuroscience final right now, and the McGurk effect is a really cool phenomenon in language processing we have to know. It was a typo and the product of cramming for exams :-) Freud was right...

That wasn't a Freudian slip in your example, it was a retrieval error. A Freudian slip is when you inadvertantly say what you are thinking or believe when attempting to say something to the contrary (lying). Good luck on ya final tho.

JeffsPants
05-02-2013, 02:00 AM
For anyone interested in some of the psychology behind why groups don't perform as well as they should read this article from wikipedia;
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_loafing

JCL
05-02-2013, 02:46 AM
I think I understood the constructive criticism and points of the first post you made. Parts mirrored my own thoughts. When I saw time reduction or boost prizes way up at the top, I really didn't care anymore about top 750 vs 1000, or even 1500 for that matter. Matter of fact, if I remember I preferred the top 1000 over 750 because I think the A vs D was closer. I hate that my D always seems 10% ahead of my attack. I know it's dumb, but it's the minor OCD in me. :) Back on point, if top 750 had a time or boost bonus I cared about (health regen, building reduction mostly) I would have dropped a lot more $$ on gold to stay in top 750. But it didn't and so I didn't care. When I went to sleep we were 25k points out, then when I woke up (GMT+4:30, or eastern Asia) we were 80k behind Top 750, had dropped out of top 1000, and I really stopped caring because top 1500 cut off was way too low for us to fall below.

In my faction I was #5, out of 32, with 22k, so I guess I really suck.

JohnG@ST6
05-03-2013, 03:45 AM
The reason I play this game is that it makes me smile. It makes me laugh and cry and think and analyze and wonder. And sometimes it makes me mad. And sometimes it calms me. But most of all I find it fun to play this game with the guys and gals of my team! Yea, I probably could move on and make top50 or top10. But I won’t. Because I don't spend green paper for the sake of WD pts or for the blind following of my faction leader. I am my own leader. As well as you all are. I don't spend it to get recognition. I spend it for the fun. As a vacation or some fishing gear. I spend twice as much on my wife. And she is half the fun.

Mcdoc
05-03-2013, 03:48 AM
The reason I play this game is that it makes me smile. . . .. I spend twice as much on my wife. And she is half the fun.Funniest Post in MONTHS - LoL