PDA

View Full Version : GREE, why no new buildings???

DavidtheBoo
04-28-2013, 11:40 AM
Why are there no buildings that:
- pay out respect
- are limited but with money
- that can be bought with respect

Plz write your ideas about what buildings should be added to the building list.

TZora
04-28-2013, 11:42 AM
whooopieee .. buildings that can be bought with respect points. good idea :)

DavidtheBoo
04-28-2013, 12:22 PM
whooopieee .. buildings that can be bought with respect points. good idea :)

Thank you, dont you have any ideas of new types of buildings. I think you have because you are a member of THE FIGHT CLUB.

Bala82
04-28-2013, 12:35 PM
The reason is because Funzio didn't teach Gree how to add new buildings into crime city .

Idea for money building

1)Indian Restaurant 12 hour building paying same as Dominican

DavidtheBoo
04-28-2013, 12:42 PM
The reason is because Funzio didn't teach Gree how to add new buildings into crime city .

Idea for money building

Is a good idea but gree is just a bunch of stupid people who dont know how to edit their own game.

[FwD] J1M H3N50N
04-28-2013, 12:50 PM
I would love to see something like this implemented into the game.

Maybe after though we will start seeing whole hoods full of them with all the hacks out there.

Ben Weston
04-28-2013, 01:11 PM
we need more expansions and buildings that help us in wars that either protect or regenerate health and help us gain IP, upgrading them would increase their effectiveness and they won't generate any money at all

Bala82
04-28-2013, 01:13 PM
What would you want first expansion than new buildings?

Lonestoner
04-28-2013, 01:30 PM
Idea for money building

So not surprised that this is your suggestion... :D

DavidtheBoo
04-28-2013, 01:36 PM
we need more expansions and buildings that help us in wars that either protect or regenerate health and help us gain IP, upgrading them would increase their effectiveness and they won't generate any money at all

You mean boost buildings such as in modern war, but then increase gun attack, melee attack, explosive attack and car attack??

mundane
04-28-2013, 01:42 PM
A previous statement by the forum admin stated that the way Crime City was originally coded it was much harder to add new buildings then it was in their other games. This makes me think that in other games, the numbers of buildings or list of buildings you can buy is dynamically added, or at least set so you just have to switch a constant, while in crime city they set an array of buildings that is set and cannot be expanded.

If you look at the different areas there are a lot of different building maps in game, so it isn't the issue of building pictures, they could just use the ones already present. So it has to be something with how your character interacts with your hood or the limited ability to add another building to purchase-able buildings. That is why I think the cities to purchase were probably originally coded with a statically allocated array that they would need to either change everywhere that array is used (and if they didn't use a constant and their code was messy, that could be difficult), or change the data type of the persons hood from statically allocated to dynamically allocated where it would be easy to add more items.

In other words: I bet that part of your hood data is an array that contains every building you COULD have. That array is set, and if you have that building, a counter for that building goes up. But this also means that the array is set in stone, and to change it you have to go to EVERYWHERE in code that array might show up and change it to a new value.

I bet that that same part of the hood data in MW is a linked list or something similar, where it can grow and expand at will. That way, you don't need to fiddle with a fixed array, and you can throw extra buildings on anywhere you want.

Those are just opinions from a person who programs as a hobby.

Ben Weston
04-28-2013, 02:40 PM
You mean boost buildings such as in modern war, but then increase gun attack, melee attack, explosive attack and car attack??

No idea, I don't play other gree games. This one takes up enough time!

Vito Corleone
04-28-2013, 03:18 PM
A previous statement by the forum admin stated that the way Crime City was originally coded it was much harder to add new buildings then it was in their other games. This makes me think that in other games, the numbers of buildings or list of buildings you can buy is dynamically added, or at least set so you just have to switch a constant, while in crime city they set an array of buildings that is set and cannot be expanded.

If you look at the different areas there are a lot of different building maps in game, so it isn't the issue of building pictures, they could just use the ones already present. So it has to be something with how your character interacts with your hood or the limited ability to add another building to purchase-able buildings. That is why I think the cities to purchase were probably originally coded with a statically allocated array that they would need to either change everywhere that array is used (and if they didn't use a constant and their code was messy, that could be difficult), or change the data type of the persons hood from statically allocated to dynamically allocated where it would be easy to add more items.

In other words: I bet that part of your hood data is an array that contains every building you COULD have. That array is set, and if you have that building, a counter for that building goes up. But this also means that the array is set in stone, and to change it you have to go to EVERYWHERE in code that array might show up and change it to a new value.

I bet that that same part of the hood data in MW is a linked list or something similar, where it can grow and expand at will. That way, you don't need to fiddle with a fixed array, and you can throw extra buildings on anywhere you want.

But we have had extra holiday buildings like the Haunted Mansion, Gobble Gobble Buffet and the Snowman building.
Should not be any difference adding them compared to adding completely new buildings if it's like you suggest.

They have to change the code in many places and one could imagine that if doing that in the meantime they do stuff more dynamic.

procsyzarc
04-28-2013, 03:26 PM
Probably becuase CC already has 3 times the amount of building of the other games

mundane
04-28-2013, 04:19 PM
But we have had extra holiday buildings like the Haunted Mansion, Gobble Gobble Buffet and the Snowman building.
Should not be any difference adding them compared to adding completely new buildings if it's like you suggest.

I would almost bet that they only had a limited amount of room left for buildings when those came out, and those took the limited space they had. Especially because they had the three back to back to back. It really makes me wonder exactly how the building information is set up and saved.

TZora
04-28-2013, 05:36 PM
Thank you, dont you have any ideas of new types of buildings. I think you have because you are a member of THE FIGHT CLUB.
lol what does it have to do with the FCS? oh well, i still support the idea of having new buildings that can be bought either through ingame cash or through respect points. i'd prefer in-game cash builds just like in modern war a new build is available right now - curragh engineering corps that costs 24 mil in-game cash and pays 900k every 24 hours.

if not new builds, bring in the old limited edition builds but make them available on in-game cash. crimecity only had LE builds that we cud purchase with gold. WHY is everything focused to buying with gold in crimecity. i know the answer but i'm asking gree, why no LE builds that can be bought with the in-game cash?

and gree's bull about "tough code" ... if they can introduce SYNDICATE wars and LTQ events, why not new buildings? i think introducing new buildings will be far easier than the introduction of syndicate wars and LTQs and blabla.

the_brein
04-28-2013, 05:48 PM
If there was ever a clear cut way for Gree to make a quick buck, this would be it. The demand for gold buildings is there. Surely they see this. They'd sell like hot cakes!!!

They'd sell more than the limited items, crates, or scratchers.

LisaM
04-28-2013, 06:05 PM

What CJ says about this (http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?50994-If-you-could-ask-GREE-ONE-question-what-would-it-be&p=691526&viewfull=1#post691526).

OBAMASMAMA
04-28-2013, 06:09 PM
lol what does it have to do with the FCS? oh well, i still support the idea of having new buildings that can be bought either through ingame cash or through respect points. i'd prefer in-game cash builds just like in modern war a new build is available right now - curragh engineering corps that costs 24 mil in-game cash and pays 900k every 24 hours.

if not new builds, bring in the old limited edition builds but make them available on in-game cash. crimecity only had LE builds that we cud purchase with gold. WHY is everything focused to buying with gold in crimecity. i know the answer but i'm asking gree, why no LE builds that can be bought with the in-game cash?

and gree's bull about "tough code" ... if they can introduce SYNDICATE wars and LTQ events, why not new buildings? i think introducing new buildings will be far easier than the introduction of syndicate wars and LTQs and blabla.

Couldn't agree more. Such bs

splintuh
04-28-2013, 06:36 PM

New non money building types would be great. It'd change the way people setup their hoods, having to choose b/t iph and the types of boosts.

To take it further, I prefer not to have further expansions. Hood space should be a premium and force peeps to choose what kind of building route they wanna go.

It's akin to having different character 'classes'. A variety of hood setups with different strengths/weaknesses.

Kcimz00
04-28-2013, 08:21 PM
First off you are an idiot... we do not want campers earning respect points so we do not want them building buildings that pay with respect you do not earn respect being to girly to attack and or take a losing... when you get a beating get back up and try again dont camp for months... this is why there is no building that pays respect... you want respect earn it... even if u have to take a few lickings once in awhile

BigMoney
04-28-2013, 08:38 PM
I don't like the idea of buildings that pay RP... throughout most of the game, RP items are superior to weapons that are available for purchase. If you made a building that pays out RP, it would be possible to camp and earn an unlimited amount of RP. The two negative side-effects of this that I see are: (1) it would be impossible to tell who was an RP hacker and who just camped for a really long time, and (2) it would discourage attacks/robs on other hoods. I like that in order to get RP, you are forced to gain experience. So you can afford to get better weapons, but you're going to level up in the process.

I just don't like the idea of camping, even though it's likely the best strategy available for most players, and I think GREE should not institute game mechanics that would further promote the viability of camping.

TZora
04-28-2013, 08:59 PM
i think what OP suggested is to have buildings that can be bought with respect points just like we buy LE buildings using gold. of course, the builds will pay in-game cash. to have builds paying respect points is a fantasy lol

dudeman
04-28-2013, 09:18 PM
^^ although it would be cool if we could "rob" rival defence buildings for just RP. No cash, but more RP than you get for robbing cash buildings. And the rival would lose nothing except some defence points until they "repair damages" the same way you repair buildings in KA.

Oh wait... That will never happen. Asking Gree to reuse existing game content in slightly different ways is almost just as bad as requesting new stuff. :p

the_brein
04-28-2013, 10:31 PM
I suggested the before, but a gold building that requires gold to upgrade would be pimp. They could be something big and unique like the Eiffel Tower, or the Statue of Liberty. It would give ultimate payouts. And give like a modifier of some kind.

I'd buy and I know I wouldn't be the only one.

BigMoney
04-28-2013, 11:45 PM
i think what OP suggested is to have buildings that can be bought with respect points just like we buy LE buildings using gold. of course, the builds will pay in-game cash. to have builds paying respect points is a fantasy lol

I was responding to OP's:

Why are there no buildings that:
- pay out respect
- are limited but with money
- that can be bought with respect

If someone wants a building that costs RP and pays out cash, I see nothing wrong with that. It could even work similar to how the RP weapons are relative to cash weapons-- better than the cash options for a given level, but ultimately cash options unlocked at later levels will replace them.

I suggested the before, but a gold building that requires gold to upgrade would be pimp. They could be something big and unique like the Eiffel Tower, or the Statue of Liberty. It would give ultimate payouts. And give like a modifier of some kind.

I'd buy and I know I wouldn't be the only one.

Oh man, I already hound players with high level nightclubs, I don't even want to know what would happen with super buildings.

TZora
04-29-2013, 07:55 AM
okie dokie .. missed out on that one BM :)

oh well, i hope gree introduces some new cool buildings that can be purchased with in-game cash ..

Bala82
05-01-2013, 03:18 AM
http://i860.photobucket.com/albums/ab162/soulnmysole/2013-04-30_14-49-43-1_zpsac36ec22.jpg

Would love a train station in crime city

Zendfrim
05-01-2013, 07:04 AM
First off you are an idiot... we do not want campers earning respect points so we do not want them building buildings that pay with respect you do not earn respect being to girly to attack and or take a losing... when you get a beating get back up and try again dont camp for months... this is why there is no building that pays respect... you want respect earn it... even if u have to take a few lickings once in awhileon behalf of all campers sir, up yours. Leveling isn't of interest to all. Plenty of beatings are given to campers and we take it all in stride. I was the same level for most of a year. I can tell you I saw many visitors, and most lost trying to take my stuff. People have the option to opt out of leveling entirely. It's part of giving gree less real money. A respect building that also pays out respect would be a great idea and would be available even to campers. Just as this game will always have hacks and cheaters, there will also be those who remain the same lower level and opt out of being in the shark tank. By the way, respect items and cash items are almost equal in power these days except for explosives...

Carlos Norris
05-01-2013, 07:54 AM
http://i860.photobucket.com/albums/ab162/soulnmysole/2013-04-30_14-49-43-1_zpsac36ec22.jpg

Would love a train station in crime city

It looks like a plane'arium to me.

johnbaum
05-01-2013, 07:56 AM
from M.W.?

kykboxr
05-01-2013, 12:11 PM
Yes, MW and their LTE

groovdog
05-01-2013, 01:05 PM
Real reason is CC is not in the Top 50 Itunes revenue apps last I checked. KA and MW are. KA got just vault upgrade (you dont bank in other Gree games),new honor/cash units, had quests first, got profile page before CC (after MW) and has substantially fewer players as well. MW gets most of it the earliest (wars, events after KA, etc). Go where the money is folks....

Bala82
05-01-2013, 01:13 PM
Real reason is CC is not in the Top 50 Itunes revenue apps last I checked. KA and MW are. KA got just vault upgrade (you dont bank in other Gree games),new honor/cash units, had quests first, got profile page before CC (after MW) and has substantially fewer players as well. MW gets most of it the earliest (wars, events after KA, etc). Go where the money is folks....

You would think they would want all there Game to be in the same league if they want make money ?. Seriously if they had no interest in crime city why didn't they just buy rights to kingdom age and modern war and let Funzio keep Crime city ?.

Seany527
05-01-2013, 06:38 PM
I would love new buildings, I crave them. With every update, thats what I check for. Its so hard to increase IPH when all I can do is upgrade one building at a time.:mad: