PDA

View Full Version : Is it me or is this game dying?

eka6484
04-28-2013, 09:35 AM
I downloaded this near enough when it first came out and in that time I have seen a lot of changes and lot of great forum members and players come and go. Funzio/Greed have always been controversial but it seems things have got worse lately. Even more than before, it seems all about milking you dry of money and a life (what with the constant events). How can your regular players kept up when you items with 10,000 plus stats?
I don't know guys but it seems like a totally different game now. I would appreciate your views, specially the old timers that have been here a while lol.

Dipstik
04-28-2013, 09:41 AM
It's just the forum and the new policy of prohibiting fun in any form. The game is the same it's always been.

eka6484
04-28-2013, 09:48 AM
Thx for the reply dipstik, long time no see. Didn't know they had new policies on the forum as I haven't been on for a while.

TZora
04-28-2013, 09:51 AM
greed is the cause of downfall, need examples? :rolleyes:

BigRob
04-28-2013, 09:54 AM
I may not be an "old timer," but I've been playing about a year now. I agree it does seem like certain aspects f the game have gotten a bit out if control, what with constant events and an increasing push to buy gold, but being that I'm only level 47 I don't feel too much of the pressure. It's voluntary to participate in the events, and all the players who buy gold don't really bother me as it's because of them that I'm able to play the game for free. I suppose at higher levels it may be discouraging being pitted against tons of players with incredible stats from gold items, but I just enjoy playing the game, having fun with my syndicate buddies and doing the best I can as a semi-free player :) Just because I have no hope of ever being the strongest player doesn't take away from the enjoyment I get from the other aspects of the game.

Bala82
04-28-2013, 09:57 AM
The game is dying from what i can see because there's been no development to this game. Yes there given us new respect weapons but this was after the introduction of Syndicate and it should been done before. I didn't notice this until i started playing modern war and i saw how much development that game has got since i played. They get new money building every months and get better units in crates and free gold every month for just playing the game.

If there put same amount of development into this game as they do with that this game would be better.

Dippy is correct it's still the same game with weekly events this is what you wanted when last year there do event every 2 weeks and now that it done weekly you are fed up .

I am hoping when they introduce Limited time quest event it should make this game more interesting but until than continue upgrading your money buildings.:)

Ben Weston
04-28-2013, 10:27 AM
been playing 18 months and at times I wonder what i'm doing as its a chore, the whole syndicate thing seemed good at first but now i'm not convinced as it sucks all your cash and in order to do anything worthwhile you need to thump loads of gold into it as with every other aspect of this game.

the game is now nothing but a rich mans play ground, the higher you get level wise the worse it gets.

panty sniffer
04-28-2013, 10:29 AM
I know I'm outvoted here but I disagree that there are too many events too close together. Part of being more powerful than others in ANY game depends on the amount of time you put into it. Daily players will naturally be more powerful than weekly players no matter what, merely due to time spent on it. The frequency of events has no bearing on how powerful you are as it evens out for everybody. ie. gold players and more frequent players will always be proportionately stronger with or without frequent events.

Events make the game more exciting and playable the more frequent they are. If events were only once every couple weeks or so, I'd get bored and cease to be a daily player.

Regarding the OP, I'm a noob and can't give an opinion.

the_brein
04-28-2013, 11:02 AM
Been playing since December. I thoroughly enjoy the game. I buy gold on my main account, and go free on my second account. Game has only gotten better for me since I started playing.

Ben Weston
04-28-2013, 11:02 AM
this game is starting to demand far too much time, as a married man with a full time job and doing private work for extra income there simply isn't enough time in the day for all these events that simply cannot be completed without spending out real money on gold.

it would be nice if there was actually some kind of skill element in the game rather than luck, persistence and amount of disposable income.

the_brein
04-28-2013, 11:04 AM
I agree about the time investment. Although this is the genre.

TZora
04-28-2013, 11:36 AM
been playing 18 months and at times I wonder what i'm doing as its a chore, the whole syndicate thing seemed good at first but now i'm not convinced as it sucks all your cash and in order to do anything worthwhile you need to thump loads of gold into it as with every other aspect of this game.

the game is now nothing but a rich mans play ground, the higher you get level wise the worse it gets.
they should've allowed using "stamina" first and then gold in the syndicate wars. i mean, how many attacks can u make with ur stamina to stay up ahead in the battle? u could consume ur stamina just in a few minutes and gree wud still earn money cuz the battle lasts 1 freagin hour. but still, for free players, there would've been some joy.

Ben Weston
04-28-2013, 01:08 PM
that's a good shout, more like the PvP battles

Luciferianism
04-28-2013, 01:16 PM
The game is dying from what i can see because there's been no development to this game. Yes there given us new respect weapons but this was after the introduction of Syndicate and it should been done before. I didn't notice this until i started playing modern war and i saw how much development that game has got since i played. They get new money building every months and get better units in crates and free gold every month for just playing the game.

If there put same amount of development into this game as they do with that this game would be better.

I fail to see how keying in higher numbers for the stats of crate items and dishing out some free gold is a significant amount of development compared to CC..

Lonestoner
04-28-2013, 01:24 PM

Dippy is correct it's still the same game with weekly events this is what you wanted when last year there do event every 2 weeks and now that it done weekly you are fed up .

I am hoping when they introduce Limited time quest event it should make this game more interesting but until than continue upgrading your money buildings.:)

It's funny, from an android perspective, things seem to be exactly opposite of what you've said here. My Modern War still lags like hell when looting buildings, as well as most of the time in game regardless of action. Crime City has started running much better since the last couple patches, which shows the devs are actually optimizing things.

New RP items and cash items give new goals for people who were already maxed out on their stats from the previous tier items.

Syndicates being added have also brought a new aspect to the game, though they are money pits as others have stated..

Either way, I still don't see how better items from crates, free gold, and a new money building periodically equates to having more development for one game over the other..

OneHoop
04-28-2013, 01:30 PM
I like a lot of the development on this game. If anything the prevalence of hackers and time-cheats have sucked a lot of the fun out of the game for me, particularly with unlimited contributions to syndicates and me ending up on the wrong end of stat-inflation as a result.

M@

dart
04-28-2013, 01:34 PM
Does modern war have the same issues with hackers and cheaters, or is the problem relatively unique to Crime City, since, as Gree put it, Crime City is the "old beat up car" of the Gree product offerings

Justsimply
04-28-2013, 02:36 PM
Does modern war have the same issues with hackers and cheaters, or is the problem relatively unique to Crime City, since, as Gree put it, Crime City is the "old beat up car" of the Gree product offerings

No they had the same issues and just like CC they just patched the time glitch part recently.

The game is just that, a game. Play it or don't. There will always been something wrong, and there will always be aspects people want more of. And when they get more of that aspect they will get bored with it and want something new. You can't please everyone and I highly doubt it's even remotely possible to please every CC player.

My only issue with the game is how obvious gree is about sucking money/gold out of the players. The only event a free player and be successful at is the collect 10. The leader board event = biggest gold spender wins, syndicate battles = biggest gold spenders win, boss event = gold spenders (mind you camping in tier 2/3 building stats and beating the boss for free is possible, but that will change). If they toned it down a bit and made it reasonable for free players I believe that would better the players mentality.

Bobar
04-28-2013, 03:17 PM
i decided to concentrate on one game only: mw

TRAZ
04-28-2013, 04:16 PM
It is what it is. Have fun with it while you can. When you're ready for something else, do that instead and forget about this.

splintuh
04-28-2013, 07:03 PM
I like this game. But the balance needs to be relooked. I played other games which were designed to limit the advantages of real money during competitions, which promoted more overall activity and spending in the community. Gold spenders deserve advantages for their money, but put a reasonable cap on gold use per day or per event.

Once a game starts to become totally about who-has-the-deepest-pockets, it gets really drab coz its just about dumping cash and clicking away. No real coordination or strategy is actually necessary.

In GREE-speak, a short term money grab would net you income from a small group of huge spenders.*

But better balance can make competitions fun and grow overall income (spread over a larger pool of moderate spenders).

TZora
04-28-2013, 07:15 PM
that, only if they're thinking of taking the game a long way .. i believe, they're giving in every effort to make a quick buck and be shifted to some other game. proof: recent blue icon on the right is a proof of what i am saying. they want to draw ppl to play other games.

Aeternitas
04-29-2013, 05:59 AM
I have been playing CC for about 1.5yrs and have been following this forum for almost the same amount of time. It was immensely fun and I even got people in my social circles playing this game. I guess the cracks started showing with the advent of the Epic Boss events. Tiers were introduced to allow lower level players to be engaged for these events but at the same time, campers started to evolve. At that time, I didn't see it as a huge problem as the items awarded for the Boss events had lower stats for the lower tiers. I actually welcomed the diversity in playing styles. For my part, I felt I would just carry on completing all the Hardcore Hitman, Thug Life Challenges and amass as much Respect Points as I could, to get stronger. I knew I would never be as strong as the gold players who bought crates and items but I didn't mind as they were forking out real cash and exercising their options.

However, with the arrival of syndicate wars, it was clear to me that this game is truly broken. In all the games I have ever played (and may be true in real life too), gaining experience was often an advantage or remained neutral throughout gameplay. However, in CC, gaining experience causes the player to be immensely disadvantaged:

1. Boss events used to have tiers for players of different levels to remain engaged and prizes awarded were also differentiated accordingly in stats. Recently, Boss event prizes were identical across all tiers even though Bosses on lower tiers are far easier to defeat. As such, huge advantage to the lower level player to camp and collect the prizes. For players that can defeat the Boss 40 times or more, each of these events increases their stats by at least 10k att /10k def.

2. In syndicate war events, wins and losses are meaningless. The only thing that matters is Influence Points. Lower level campers again have a huge advantage as the amount of influence points gained is dependent on the level of the rival they are successfully able to beat. As the system penalizes players who gain experience points, high level players usually do not even attempt to attack a low level rival during the war event as there is no foreseeable advantage that can be gained. This is because the amount of influence points that can be gained from successfully attacking a low level camper is quite insignificant. Personally, in the spirit of teamplay, I (and most probably along with almost every player on CC that belongs to a syndicate) have given up on completing Hardcore Hitman or Thug Life Challenges or even robbing high xp buildings. This is to minimize the advantage in influence points to be gained if lower level campers successfully attack me during the war events.

3. Recently, all maps were unlocked for players. No direct disadvantage to high level players. But now, lower level players are able to farm loot items such as explosives to make them stronger.

Frankly, the advantage they gain on Point 1 alone, removes any need to use gold to buy items if every month they can count on a Boss event to gain at least 40 items that are better than crates and the main prize for completing the Boss event which is second only to prize items that gives an additional bonus. To this end, I wonder why does Gree want CC players to turn into Sim City players? Cos if all I wanted to do in a game is to improve my IPH and wait for the monthly Boss events, Sim City would probably make more sense to play. Again, I have never encountered a game that penalizes a player for gaining xp until I played Crime City.

eka6484
04-29-2013, 06:37 AM
I know I'm outvoted here but I disagree that there are too many events too close together. Part of being more powerful than others in ANY game depends on the amount of time you put into it. Daily players will naturally be more powerful than weekly players no matter what, merely due to time spent on it. The frequency of events has no bearing on how powerful you are as it evens out for everybody. ie. gold players and more frequent players will always be proportionately stronger with or without frequent events.

Events make the game more exciting and playable the more frequent they are. If events were only once every couple weeks or so, I'd get bored and cease to be a daily player.

Regarding the OP, I'm a noob and can't give an opinion.

Your opinion matters just as much as mine mate. I said I appreciate your views, specially the old timers. You make a very valid point and as long as your having fun is all that matters. That is what games are for, a fact a lot of people forget sometimes.

1337bobbarker
04-29-2013, 06:38 AM
Don't forget that CC is a "free to play" game that is supported with microtransactions. There are no advertisements for products other than their own, so there needs to be income somewhere. You can't have developers working for free.

In Syndicate events, the only players really duking it out are the top 25, and I'm fairly certain that list hasn't fluctuated too much between the first event and the second event, and probably won't again in the next one. What that means is, unless you're in these top 25 Syndicates you're not really affected by your performance in these events, or any of the case events.

Also, in relation to the maps, it's not really too big a deal. I went to go get some of the better items and it was anywhere from 40m to over 100m to play in those areas, so I'm not going there any time soon.

But again, for everyone in a Syndicate ranked 250 or below, really doing these events should have no bearing on your standings, and you always have the option to choose not to participate in events.

Should also point out that I've been loving this game a lot more lately lol

the_brein
04-29-2013, 07:19 AM
Don't forget that CC is a "free to play" game that is supported with microtransactions. There are no advertisements for products other than their own, so there needs to be income somewhere. You can't have developers working for free.
Plus, there's Apple's 30% cut of in-app purchases to consider. If all Gree's revenue comes from in-app purchases, then 30% is a big hit.

eka6484
04-29-2013, 07:54 AM

Hello Bala how are you mate? I totally agree about the respect items it should have been done a VERY long time ago. Most of us have already farmed a lot of items to make up for the lack of respect items. Im not sure about limited time quests though, I know its become stale for me on KA.

eka6484
04-29-2013, 07:56 AM
that, only if they're thinking of taking the game a long way .. i believe, they're giving in every effort to make a quick buck and be shifted to some other game. proof: recent blue icon on the right is a proof of what i am saying. they want to draw ppl to play other games.

I agree, it does feel like they are flogging a dead horse for as long as they can.

1337bobbarker
04-29-2013, 08:32 AM
I agree, it does feel like they are flogging a dead horse for as long as they can.

How may I ask?

In the past, what, half a year or so we've gotten:

More crate events.
More boss events.
Syndicates.

It's not beating a dead horse: it's promoting activity. Same concept of MMORPG's for the most part, which is kind of what this game is.

A lot of people who have been playing CC for a long time would beg to differ also. I've seen many people who have been in the 150's-200 saying that the game was getting stale before a lot of these new events came to happen and the frequency of them.

It seems like people who aren't spending gold like to complain about not spending gold and think they should be compensated because they feel like they're getting left behind.

Seriously, you lose out on exactly 1124/att if you chose to not participate in the current event at all so don't say that you can't be competitive because of it. That can easily be made up in explosives and cash weapons.

Don't forget that you have a choice in everything, not only in events, but also playing the game, and that Gree is still a company that has bills and employees to pay.

TZora
04-29-2013, 09:37 AM
yea that's true. they've offered a no-ad "free" game, so they shud try their best to make some profit except that the fact is, there's nothing free in the game hahaha. sry i just had to laugh on ur serious comment. this game may be "free to install" but after that, if u really wish to enjoy the game and not lose ur mind, u've got to throw some real money :D

eka6484
04-29-2013, 09:50 AM
How may I ask?

In the past, what, half a year or so we've gotten:

More crate events.
More boss events.
Syndicates.

It's not beating a dead horse: it's promoting activity. Same concept of MMORPG's for the most part, which is kind of what this game is.

A lot of people who have been playing CC for a long time would beg to differ also. I've seen many people who have been in the 150's-200 saying that the game was getting stale before a lot of these new events came to happen and the frequency of them.

It seems like people who aren't spending gold like to complain about not spending gold and think they should be compensated because they feel like they're getting left behind.

Seriously, you lose out on exactly 1124/att if you chose to not participate in the current event at all so don't say that you can't be competitive because of it. That can easily be made up in explosives and cash weapons.

Don't forget that you have a choice in everything, not only in events, but also playing the game, and that Gree is still a company that has bills and employees to pay.

Ummm, when did i say I have not participated in this event or any other?

When did i say im not a gold spender? I might not be the biggest spender but I have supported the game and Funzio/Greed staff.

Please don't forget that this a forum where people are allowed to voice their opinions on the game. There are other threads.

1337bobbarker
04-29-2013, 10:19 AM
Ummm, when did i say I have not participated in this event or any other?

When did i say im not a gold spender? I might not be the biggest spender but I have supported the game and Funzio/Greed staff.

Please don't forget that this a forum where people are allowed to voice their opinions on the game. There are other threads.

My apologies; I meant no offense. I just insinuated that from your first post at the beginning of the thread. Plus, it seems pretty emotionally charged as you referenced Gree as "Greed" like most of the other non-gold spenders and complainers historically do on these forums.

I didn't forget that people have the ability to voice their opinions, but when it's the same thing over and over and over again and doesn't offer up any solutions, that's the very definition of beating a dead horse. As you so politely put it, "There are other threads."