PDA

View Full Version : It used to be a game...

Ascent
04-28-2013, 12:47 AM
... now it is more like a chore.

With events on top of events, and especially with such a panopea of strong gold units to reward behavior (gameplay) dictated by Gree, it ceased to be a game, where one has many paths, various strategies, goals to achieve.

I recently reached the 4M IPH as a free player, planned to boost my stats with expensive cash units. But Why bother? One single LTQ event adds so much strength and density to my stats, that in-game-cash became useless. When Gree decides which is the optimum strategy, course to follow and all you have left is either press the buttons they want you to press on a schedule they want you to follow, where is the game in that?

Honestly, after these past weeks full of events, by the time BFI arrived, I feel like fukkit, I am not following yet another press the button on schedule or else crap.

There seems to be no degree of freedom left for devising and finding new ways to excel, besides the one prescribed by Gree.

Ciao

Crypt
04-28-2013, 03:52 AM
get on board or get left behind , that's how it is now.

WI(AusNz)
04-28-2013, 04:03 AM
get on board or get left behind , that's how it is now.
That's right, what he is saying is "get on board" is so prescribed that there is hardly room for individual strategy. Some of us strategised with iph, others kept their base small so they can attack and not be attacked back, others would farm and others would camp. Now, the only strategy is to hit the button in the LTQ event in a brainless way because the reward makes every other strategy redundant. This makes the "game" not a game but a flock of sheep. Gree just opens the farm gate and expect us to run in the same direction. What type of game is that when there is no individualism? I think that is the point of thread.

yangs
04-28-2013, 05:22 AM
The worst part is Hacker can get easily high stat unit

Crypt
04-28-2013, 05:22 AM
if its not fun then why are you here ? there's millions of games out there. The game has evolved from being an individual strategy game to a faction based one.

True the gold units have nerfed the cash units but there is still plenty o room for strategy especially in the WD events.

the overall strategy for the game has never really changed...those who spend the most win the biggest.