PDA

View Full Version : Gaining Lots of free gems

Aradan
04-27-2013, 06:07 PM
I have noticed that there are many players here that are only gaining few free gems weekly from the free offers and are confused as to how i get 100's, so here it is for you.

I do the email sign up offer the harvey mentioned in another thread as it offers a decent amount of weekly gems, but the biggest is continuously clicking on "free video's" offer. Now you might say, i already do this and it says there are none. Well don't try just one, click multiple times. I will play my normal game and use up all my healths and energy then i go into this and spam it while im watching tv or something since i just know where to click. Again you might say, " well i already do this and still get few gems". Well here is the secret, turn off your WiFi and do this through your phones network connection(3/4G). Doing this i get the offers continuously through out the entire day at ANY TIME.

BUT BE WARNED AND CAUTIOUS. Doing this through your phones network will eat up your data plan since your watching so many video's. With multiple hours of just leaving the game on and running plus doing over 100 of these free video offers used up 450mb's of my data plan. So be very cautious if you decide to do it this way especially if you don't have a very large data plan.

Happy gem gathering.

RadLonghammer
04-27-2013, 06:11 PM
Booo YA!!!

This works!!!

Huge props to Aradan!!!

Harvey Guo
04-27-2013, 06:17 PM
Glad to see this post.

However sad for me

play K&D with ipad (only wifi)

zhy
04-27-2013, 06:30 PM
ty aradan, once i earned about 200 gems in 1 hour in this way, were 10 secs videos, prob is i never understood it had something to do with my 3g lol (i wasnt at home indeed :P) now i understand y it never worked anymore :P

deathexe
04-27-2013, 06:35 PM
Haha for all you know it could be a conspiracy where the telco companies pays Gree to only allow those without wifi to utilize the offers do we'd use up our 3G and spend extra money XD

Anyways thumbs up to Aradan for sharing this!

zhy
04-27-2013, 06:43 PM
uhm really aradan, ty, now im watching iron man 3 on my iphone but will try later without wifi :P

RadLonghammer
04-27-2013, 06:48 PM
Haha for all you know it could be a conspiracy where the telco companies pays Gree to only allow those without wifi to utilize the offers do we'd use up our 3G and spend extra money XD

Anyways thumbs up to Aradan for sharing this!

That very thought actually occurred to me, but I didn't want to sound TOO conspiratorial. :)

yimah
04-27-2013, 06:53 PM
This works for my ipad on wifi. Thanks Aradan!

Edit: I was able to get 35 gems out of it, but then it seems to stop giving me video offers. I will try again later.

zhy
04-27-2013, 07:55 PM
do u guys have to click few times between 2 videos? or do u have em all in a row?

yimah
04-27-2013, 08:06 PM
I had to click a couple of times between each video.

Newbish
04-27-2013, 08:10 PM
After about 25 I don't seem to be getting anymore on wifi iPad

zhy
04-27-2013, 08:17 PM
good just got into the good streak, had to click about 30-40 times between 2 videos, now having em in a row, like it happened few months ago :P

iisaiahc
04-27-2013, 08:32 PM
Sadly for me, i'm only getting No offers are available at this moment. Check back later for more exciting offers! ): Been spamming for quite awhile but no luck..

Aradan
04-27-2013, 10:22 PM
glad to see this is working for most of you so far. newbish that tends to happen on wifi A LOT where you can get lots of offers at once then none for ours, this is why i said to try using your 3/4G connections as that almost always gets you atleast 1 video a minute. although there are times even on cellular data i cant seem to get videos. today i have only gotten i think 10ish gems from cellular and about 20-30 from wifi, but i also havemt tried my cellular much today as my data is almost all up right now.

once again im gonna say this so no one can get mad at me. doing these offers through cellular data will eat up your data plan, so be very cautious when doing this as it could cost you more for additional data charges on your phone then gems would cost them selves. i cant give exact amount of data usage as videos range from 10-35 seconds therefor use up different amounts of data, SO WATCH YOUR DATA CAREFULLY

pown otto
04-27-2013, 10:25 PM
i do this on wifi and it works fine, i just click video offers it pops up saying there are none i click ok and then click video offers and a video comes up, not a big deal

Marcial1234
04-27-2013, 10:52 PM
OMG! Thank you sooo much! Works perfectly on iPad mini on WiFi. Got around 10 so much and it just take around 1-2 taps to go to the next one. The gem protest would be lesser from my part now :)

ang1977
04-27-2013, 11:02 PM
Sadly for me, i'm only getting No offers are available at this moment. Check back later for more exciting offers! ): Been spamming for quite awhile but no luck..

same for me, i guess we r in SG, that's y no such good deal for us:mad:

Justice711
04-27-2013, 11:14 PM
Yup. I don't get any video offers in SG :( it stop about 2 weeks ago... Even after signing up & everyday it says I can earn up to 4 gems but it never works. Always bring me back to iTunes... :(

iisaiahc
04-27-2013, 11:23 PM
I guess Singaporeans are at a disadvantage.

Cat595
04-28-2013, 12:20 AM
Hi, I can't seem to get any free gems, wondering if someone can point me in the right direction? I have been going to the screen where you buy gems and pressing 'tap here to earn free gems'. But every option under there is the 'complete a quick action' type that asks me to sign up for something. I have never been able to find any options to watch videos...

Gabzor89
04-28-2013, 01:17 AM
Haha thanks to my fellow Singaporeans for pointing out that singaporeans don't get such offers. saved me from clicking like a dodo for nothing :D oh well, will have to live without it.

Perpetual
04-28-2013, 04:01 AM
I can't find the free gems page, this is what I see when I go to the purchase gems page
http://i44.tinypic.com/vnpcwl.png

Thorusa
04-28-2013, 04:14 AM
I have noticed that there are many players here that are only gaining few free gems weekly from the free offers and are confused as to how i get 100's, so here it is for you.

I do the email sign up offer the harvey mentioned in another thread as it offers a decent amount of weekly gems, but the biggest is continuously clicking on "free video's" offer. Now you might say, i already do this and it says there are none. Well don't try just one, click multiple times. I will play my normal game and use up all my healths and energy then i go into this and spam it while im watching tv or something since i just know where to click. Again you might say, " well i already do this and still get few gems". Well here is the secret, turn off your WiFi and do this through your phones network connection(3/4G). Doing this i get the offers continuously through out the entire day at ANY TIME.

BUT BE WARNED AND CAUTIOUS. Doing this through your phones network will eat up your data plan since your watching so many video's. With multiple hours of just leaving the game on and running plus doing over 100 of these free video offers used up 450mb's of my data plan. So be very cautious if you decide to do it this way especially if you don't have a very large data plan.

Happy gem gathering.

Where do you need to signup? Can't find Harvey's post..

Aradan
04-28-2013, 04:39 AM
Where do you need to signup? Can't find Harvey's post..

go into the offers page and its the 1st offer.

in regards to everyone else are you using WiFi or your cellular network(3/4G) connection as thats what makes the dofference

Perpetual
04-28-2013, 05:01 AM
go into the offers page and its the 1st offer.

in regards to everyone else are you using WiFi or your cellular network(3/4G) connection as thats what makes the dofference

I am using my cellular network and I still can't see the page, any other idea how to fix this?

SilentJay
04-28-2013, 05:08 AM
Yah this is a gr8 way to get gems

Aradan
04-28-2013, 05:19 AM
I am using my cellular network and I still can't see the page, any other idea how to fix this?

i am sorry i do not know how to fix this. i suggest doing 2 things. 1 post this question in the question thread incase someone does know an immediate fix. 2 put in a support ticket

Raistmar
04-28-2013, 10:08 AM
Guess south east Asia don't get em gem offers cause I'm not getting any either. I'm from the Philippines by the way.

Howzee87
04-28-2013, 10:33 AM
Not sure if anyone else here is in Australia but using 3G instead of wifi is working for me.

Often have to press the video offers button 2 or 3 times but it's working fairly consistantly.

I don't understand why this would be. Wifi is so freely available these days (and who isn't on wifi at home) - they can't expect us to turn it off just to collect the gems. I think it's a bug.

RyPA24
04-28-2013, 12:49 PM
I'm glad people are willing to offer help like this but hopefully this thread doesn't get the video offers nerfed.

Daemon
04-28-2013, 03:07 PM
It was working great yesterday, but today it is much harder to get a video. Even worse, the gems have stopped appearing. After watching over 10 videos and giving it a few hours no gems have been given.

Is it just me or is anyone else experiencing something similar?

Newbish
04-28-2013, 03:22 PM
It was working great yesterday, but today it is much harder to get a video. Even worse, the gems have stopped appearing. After watching over 10 videos and giving it a few hours no gems have been given.

Is it just me or is anyone else experiencing something similar?
Same thing for me maybe they nerfed it already.

Keymoe
04-28-2013, 03:43 PM
Nvm, VPNs bull****. Doesn't work.

RyPA24
04-28-2013, 04:04 PM
This is what I was afraid of with this thread. They make money by selling gems... someone is friendly and gives advice on how to get them from the video offers and then the video offers stop. Either there is a limited number of videos released daily and now that everyone knows this there is less to go around or the video offers were nerfed.

Aradan
04-28-2013, 04:45 PM
i was successful this morning in gaining offers, but then they just stopped, like you said there is a very high chance they nerfed offers(which i think is stupid as they could make more money from free gem offer advertisements from those companies then they would from selling gems to us directly, friend made an app where there is a but load of advertisements and he gets good money from it) or there actually is a max number of video offers available per day(which i think is the less likely of the 2 ideas proposed).

so for me time to become a casual player, and just really do quests and farm gold as at this current state gems are now near unattainable without purchasing and with everything costing more gems then previous and there being extremely lower chances of getting anything good out of them its pointless to play as anything more then a casual time waster game unless they change a lot of these features that they have royally screwed up.

Howzee87
04-28-2013, 09:34 PM
His had worked quite well for me last night. I think I got ~ 10 gems from videos before I went to bed. So far today I've seen 3 and hit the Video Offers button more times than I could bother counting (40+).

I don't think they would limit the number of videos per day as a whole (wouldn't make sense from an advertising perspective) but they MAY have limited the number per person.
It's either bad timing on the part of anyone who now reads this thread, or GREE realised we'd found a bit of a loophole.

Either way, I'm not sure why they'd drop the number so low so quickly. It would make more sense to see fewer ads more times (ie; only 5 different ads on repeat the ought the day) than to simply stop advertising to us.

More often than not, however much money the players are spending in game, aps make more from advertising.

busteroaf
04-29-2013, 10:33 AM
I've been pretty successful today so far, I think. I want to say I've gotten another 30+ gems between going to bed last night and my drive to work today, and only got maybe 10 all day yesterday trying at various times. Maybe its just a really crappily designed system, since sometimes it takes two or three presses between videos, other times it happens in one, the next in ten, then seems to stop all together for a while. Who knows. Or maybe there is a limit or a soft time cap where you have to wait for a period of time before it refreshes? No idea.

RyPA24
04-29-2013, 10:52 AM
I get the feeling that Gree didn't change anything. I'm guessing there are a certain number of videos released daily at specific times. Now since the "cat is out of the bag" there are less videos to go around per person. I used to go on runs of 20-50 videos and now it's a good run if I get 5 in a row.

basbeer
04-29-2013, 11:43 AM
I've been trying multiple times today with sessions of 200+ clicks and got a stunning 2 vids.. :/
On the other hand, someone tried Bingo Bash already?

Slevinn
04-29-2013, 11:46 AM
I've been trying multiple times today with sessions of 200+ clicks and got a stunning 2 vids.. :/
On the other hand, someone tried Bingo Bash already?

I had the same as you man, exactly the same. I gave up

Aradan
04-29-2013, 11:50 AM
I get the feeling that Gree didn't change anything. I'm guessing there are a certain number of videos released daily at specific times. Now since the "cat is out of the bag" there are less videos to go around per person. I used to go on runs of 20-50 videos and now it's a good run if I get 5 in a row.

we obviously can't know 100% but i was getting messages of people saying this works and they are getting 50-100's in mere hours after i released this information, and i was still getting an extremely large amount as well at the time, next day was working for me for a short while then all of a sudden stop, nothing, absolutely 0 offers after a HOUR of continuous clicking.

Now i can't even get one offer if im on network connection, but when im on WiFi i will get 1-3 here and there, and i've been clicking non stop for last 4 hours, gained i think 9 or 10 total. Before i could get that many in a couple minutes.

RuZE
05-01-2013, 03:07 AM
Thanks, worked a treat for me using wifi

YawNeD
05-01-2013, 12:31 PM
This sunday i gained about 100 gems this way, since monday ive gained maybe 10 total...

Slevinn
05-01-2013, 12:37 PM
This sunday i gained about 100 gems this way, since monday ive gained maybe 10 total...

I never seem to get more than 2 or 3 gems per day. Doesn't matter if I use wifi or 3G..

basbeer
05-01-2013, 12:47 PM
Dude! Lucky you! I wish I got 2-3 gems.. I think it's o-kay that they fixed this "exploit" though but then it's fair they give us some more offers. I mean, any offers..

YawNeD
05-01-2013, 03:46 PM
Dude! Lucky you! I wish I got 2-3 gems.. I think it's o-kay that they fixed this "exploit" though but then it's fair they give us some more offers. I mean, any offers..

Agreed 95% of the offers i recieve now gives me the message "device not supported"...

hlw_rocer
05-01-2013, 05:14 PM
I haven't gotten a video in days... D:

busteroaf
05-01-2013, 05:53 PM
I just added K&D to an old iphone I had laying around. I'm currently getting video offers on it, but not on my main account. Even tried switching between 4g and wifi and nothing on my main. No idea. I still lean towards a cap on the amount you can get in a day.

600RR
05-02-2013, 02:00 AM
I haven't gotten a video in days... D:

Days? Try 2 weeks bud!

Howzee87
05-02-2013, 02:50 AM
Since the sudden drop in video offers everyone's experienced I have noticed a few things about if/when I receive them.

I have been able to get at least 2 video offers each day (down from ~15 the first time I read this thread). Sometimes I'll get 5 or 6.

The time of day seems to have an affect. I get the most offers (3-4 at a time) very early ~1:00am local time.

Spamming the button doesn't seem to help. If an offer doesn't appear after 2 or 3 presses I leave it and try again a few hours later.

Also, my other offers have come back - I had the same 2 offers (Easy Room Mate, Game of War) for nearly a week and was unable to collect the rewards no matter how many times I installed/signed up. In the last 3-4 days I have been getting 1 or 2 new offers each day.

The Easy Room Mate offer (for 11 gems) has been there for over a week. I have signed up 3 separate times and contacted GREE about it twice and I still haven't received the gems.

Azraelthevengeful
05-03-2013, 08:36 AM
I usually get 2-3 gems a day. Then this happened this morning....

Got up and decided to jump into K&D, check my daily prize just for showing up :). Went into the video offers to give it a shot.....

and then i was getting videos, non stop! went from 36 gems to 70. I could have sat there all day,but i had to go to work. The second i was out of my WIFI range, it started giving me the whole 'No offers right now' message. Back withinwifi range now, but its not working.

I dont spend money on gems, so it was a big deal. My GF nearly had to drag me out the door to go to work...

Hopefully someone might figure out if there is a pattern to these things soon

Sir William
05-03-2013, 08:40 AM
I usually get 2-3 gems a day. Then this happened this morning....

Got up and decided to jump into K&D, check my daily prize just for showing up :). Went into the video offers to give it a shot.....

and then i was getting videos, non stop! went from 36 gems to 70. I could have sat there all day,but i had to go to work. The second i was out of my WIFI range, it started giving me the whole 'No offers right now' message. Back withinwifi range now, but its not working.

I dont spend money on gems, so it was a big deal. My GF nearly had to drag me out the door to go to work...

Hopefully someone might figure out if there is a pattern to these things soon

That has happened to me several times over the past few days.
I don't buy gems either at the moment because money is tight so these free gem videos are paramount to keeping my interest in the game.

Normally, there is no real rhyme or reason as to when there are videos available, but I have noticed that normally when you are able to watch one there is generally going to be a second behind it.

I had a run last night of almost 60 before I fell asleep in the middle of more. I probably could have kept going.

I went from 12 three or four days ago to 210 that I have now.

It's just the luck of the draw and being really persistent. I check the video offers every five minutes or so and I probably try 25 times each visit.

Good luck!

busteroaf
05-03-2013, 08:55 AM
Same -

Had a run of almost 100 gems last night after a few runs of only 2-3 gems. Of course, my other ipod wasn't getting any through this whole time. Go figure.

Azraelthevengeful
05-03-2013, 08:56 AM
That has happened to me several times over the past few days.
I don't buy gems either at the moment because money is tight so these free gem videos are paramount to keeping my interest in the game.

Normally, there is no real rhyme or reason as to when there are videos available, but I have noticed that normally when you are able to watch one there is generally going to be a second behind it.

I had a run last night of almost 60 before I fell asleep in the middle of more. I probably could have kept going.

I went from 12 three or four days ago to 210 that I have now.

It's just the luck of the draw and being really persistent. I check the video offers every five minutes or so and I probably try 25 times each visit.

Good luck!

Thanks.

I usually get the 2-3 gems at the same time and then none until the next day.Do you find you get them at different times during the day?

Sir William
05-03-2013, 09:13 AM
Thanks.

I usually get the 2-3 gems at the same time and then none until the next day.Do you find you get them at different times during the day?

Yeah I tend to get a lot more offers late at night and early in the morning.
Like after 10:00 PM until around 9:00 AM (EST)

During the offtimes though I'm still able to get several runs of 5-15 so maybe I am finally just lucky in my life with something?

Howzee87
05-03-2013, 09:56 AM
I had that this morning - about 9:30 local time. I think I got 80 gems before it stopped.

No idea why, but I'm not complaining :-)

Budd
05-04-2013, 12:18 PM
This works great thanks for informing us.

Keymoe
05-05-2013, 06:43 PM
Always doing the weekly mail thing from araki app discovery but never get the gems. Downloaded over 30 gems worth of apps and opened them, hopped onto K&D only 6 gems + no offers. Nice one, GREE. Make our devoted players work with 6 gems a week whereas there are hackers running on unlimited gems per day.

Budd
05-05-2013, 06:45 PM
Always doing the weekly mail thing from araki app discovery but never get the gems. Downloaded over 30 gems worth of apps and opened them, hopped onto K&D only 6 gems + no offers. Nice one, GREE. Make our devoted players work with 6 gems a week whereas there are hackers running on unlimited gems per day.

Contact them and let them know you haven't received your promised gems. They will deliver them within 24 hours, it always works I've collected nearly 200 germs from aarki.

Aradan
05-05-2013, 09:01 PM

it also says gems may not arrive immediately. I've had them take couple hours to appear but they do usually show up

Justice711
05-05-2013, 09:39 PM
its soooo good u guys got so many free gems... I will be lucky if 1 video shows up in 1 day.. :( usually its like 1 video in 1 week...

Raistmar
05-06-2013, 01:35 PM
its soooo good u guys got so many free gems... I will be lucky if 1 video shows up in 1 day.. :( usually its like 1 video in 1 week...

I feel you man.

Epon
05-07-2013, 05:57 AM
I've hardly been able to get any videos the last couple of days with either my iphone or my daughter's ipad. We used to get about 10-15 a day and lately maybe 2-3.

Raistmar
05-07-2013, 06:20 AM
The total time I have spent playing this game I have gotten 4 vid offers and 1 survey offer. And it has already been a month and a half atleast. Suffice to say I'd be happy to get your 2-3 free gems on a daily basis.

Budd
05-07-2013, 07:37 AM
Just did a run of about 21 gems, in case anyone wants to give it a whirl.

Slevinn
05-07-2013, 10:33 AM
Just did a run of about 21 gems, in case anyone wants to give it a whirl.

Maybe it's location specific, that some countries will gives more offers than others. I haven't got a video in 3 days and i check very often.

Budd
05-07-2013, 10:52 AM
Maybe it's location specific, that some countries will gives more offers than others. I haven't got a video in 3 days and i check very often.

Yeah that's very possible, I super speed spam clicked it and got on a roll, played the same video everytime. They may have nerfed it. That or they dump offers in a cache and it's empty.

Slevinn
05-07-2013, 11:46 AM
Yeah that's very possible, I super speed spam clicked it and got on a roll, played the same video everytime. They may have nerfed it. That or they dump offers in a cache and it's empty.

It is so weird that there are many diffrent reactions in this thread. Some people were able to farm 100 gems a day, while others only got 1 or 2 (like me). With free gems, a huge part of the game would be alot more easy. I guess I'll keep hoping that they give some more videos/ offers in my country.

Hakurou
05-07-2013, 11:56 AM
Last Thursday evening/Friday Morning i was able to get over 100 gems on Video offers. Sadly i couldnt Play the Wohle Weekend and since Monday im not able to get free gems and i Check about 10 Times a Day and Click about 25-50 Times every try.

Ziploc
05-07-2013, 02:54 PM
Interesting -- it doesn't seem to be consistent every day. Sometimes I get no gems, sometimes I get 2, sometimes I get 20+. Oh well.

Aradan
05-07-2013, 06:11 PM
it appears gree chnged something, before i released any of of this information i could do this to get offers at any time of day, and would get 100's of gens before i got bored of clicking. i found this out approx 2weels before i made thus post, 12 hours after post rarely get any gems. so clearly something has changed

Thegoodman
05-07-2013, 06:13 PM
Yes, something did changed. Someone posted in a public place a way to exploit a free gem offer and remove the money earning potential of their game. Wonder who it was? :P

Darkfox1988
05-07-2013, 07:45 PM
I still get between 10-15 gem a day from doing the videos on my Iphone it will stop at 10 one day then go up to 15/20 the next.

Aradan
05-07-2013, 08:26 PM
well apparently it was an exploit and not just a genious method to make money through advertising like i originally though. There for im not sharing any more of my hidden knowledge of the game as they will probably change it to even though its not an exploit in my eyes.

RyPA24
05-07-2013, 10:00 PM
well apparently it was an exploit and not just a genious method to make money through advertising like i originally though. There for im not sharing any more of my hidden knowledge of the game as they will probably change it to even though its not an exploit in my eyes.

I personally think that there are a limited number of videos released daily and now that Aradan graciously shared his knowledge there are less videos to go around. I thought about sharing this information 3 weeks ago but I feared this is exactly what would happen. Unfortunately thats a risk you take when you share certain things in a game like this.

busteroaf
05-07-2013, 10:37 PM
Yeah, once they know its common knowledge, they might put a halt on it. I have a trick or two that I know of but don't want to share, cause I don't want them to "fix" the issue. :)

Howzee87
05-07-2013, 11:01 PM
I still don't think it makes sense for GREE to have nerfed this though (but I'm not saying they didn't).

GREE make money on this game in one of two ways;
Players buy gems/gold
Other companies buy ad space (free gem offers - video or app)

In most cases the money made from the ads will be much more than the money made from players. Here's why; the more players a game has the more people will see the ads, the more GREE can charge the other companies for the ad space.

If users are spamming the video offers GREE would be better off limiting the number of advertisers per day, not the number of ads.
Say there are 10,000 players and they all spam the video offer button - If there's a limit to the number of ads per day they all get viewed and GREE makes no more money from them. If there were 100 companies advertising they would each get 100 ads, amongst all the others. They would be sharing a limited space and their ad would get over-looked. (think TV ads - hundreds of advertisers lost in the noise)
If GREE let the 10,000 players watch the video offers on repeat but only show each player 5 different ads per day each advertiser can get their ad shown more than 100 times (infinitely more if players keep hitting the button). Not only do they get more ads, they get repetition.
It's estimated that an ad needs to be seen 3 times before you will even remember it. If you're watching the same 5 ads repeatedly while you spam the button you will definitely remember those 5 ads. (think magazine ads - the same advertisers repeated throughout)

TL;DR - it makes more sense for GREE to limit the number of advertisers, not the number of ads. That way they could charge them more for their limited advertising space in front of X number of players.
(anyone know a way to check the number of times an app has been downloaded?)

busteroaf
05-07-2013, 11:12 PM
I think with this situation though, limiting one or the other, they probably DO have a limit in place. And now that it is out there, with more people trying to get the free ads, they are used up quicker. I think they do have a limit on the advertisers, I usually see the same 5 or 6 in a steady rotation when I actually do get to watch videos. Or, I'll see the same one 3-6 times, and then nothing.

So, there probably is a limit. The advertisers don't want to just keep giving money away, especially since people have said they'll just keep clicking until something pops up, then look back 20-30 seconds later. People AREN'T watching the adds as much as they actually want them to. So why pay millions of times a day when people aren't watching. Put a limit in, and now that people are aware of the videos, they're more likely to know that those few times they get an ad, they'l probably watch it. Also, from some of the repetition, I DO know that some ads are over in 15 seconds, others in 30. Once I see what ad it is, I know I can tune out for a set amount of time. If companies are aware people do that, their ads aren't being utilized properly anymore, thus why pay for sheer numbers?

That is my $0.02 worth. Or maybe my thinking is totally off.

Aradan
05-08-2013, 12:12 AM
what howzee says makes the most sense. and in addition to my thought on why it was nerfed is because i was getting 100's a day, and i had a few friends that also did this getting same results. shortly after 12 hours i put this people are getting maybe 1-2 a day if lucky. Now if there is a video limit it is in the thousands, and i strongly believe there are not 1000's of users on this forum. Also taking into fact that my thread was only around 300-400 views at the time when people stopped getting offer, and assuming multiple people viewed the thread multiple times it still doesn't add up right unless the % of video's coming up got nerfed, and severely in this case.

Even if there were 100 different users that saw my thread(which i dought) and did this we should all still be getting 10-20+ gems a day from this, as i know for a fact that could watch atleast 1000 videos a day, if not 100's/1000's more.beforehand.

deathexe
05-08-2013, 12:40 AM
what howzee says makes the most sense. and in addition to my thought on why it was nerfed is because i was getting 100's a day, and i had a few friends that also did this getting same results. shortly after 12 hours i put this people are getting maybe 1-2 a day if lucky. Now if there is a video limit it is in the thousands, and i strongly believe there are not 1000's of users on this forum. Also taking into fact that my thread was only around 300-400 views at the time when people stopped getting offer, and assuming multiple people viewed the thread multiple times it still doesn't add up right unless the % of video's coming up got nerfed, and severely in this case.

Even if there were 100 different users that saw my thread(which i dought) and did this we should all still be getting 10-20+ gems a day from this, as i know for a fact that could watch atleast 1000 videos a day, if not 100's/1000's more.beforehand.

It doesn't really make sense for Gree to be decreasing the number of ads available though. After all, it is a source of their income. Also, I don't think views are actually repeated. When there are 1000 views on a thread, there are 1000 different people that have seen the thread. By the way, there are around 80000 people signed up in the forum, though I'm sure not all of them are active (just FYI). Lastly, It's not that everyone's getting only 1-2 gems everyday, there are still other players that still get a lot of gems, maybe around 20. We can't assume that everyone's getting 1-2 gems just because a number of players have been saying so. We have to take into consideration those who are less vocal in the forums yet still get gems too. I do believe that it's because of the increase of the number of people that resulted in less gems for everyone overall. I could very much be wrong though, just something to take into consideration.

Howzee87
05-08-2013, 08:28 AM
You've definitely got some good points there Busteroaf.
I had noticed that I only saw 3 or 4 different ads when I was getting videos. Even the one time I got ~80 I still think I only saw 6 different ads. My girlfriend and I actually had a short run (8 and 11 ads) the otehr night and she saw two advertisers that I didn't, even though we each only saw 3 or 4 different ads.
It wouldn't surprise me if there already was a limit on the number of advertisers per day (and possibly per user).

And yes, when you've hit a streak you can easily turnyour head back every 15 or 30 seconds to press the button again without even seeing the ad. I was definitely doing this when I had that huge run.
I tell you one thing though, I can still hear the Draw Something 2 music in my head :eek:

No doubt there are still some people getting a consistant number, and those who hit it lucky with 50+ but GREE have almost cerainly restricted the number of ads. Whatever the reason, I think they have dropped the number way too much. It's at the point where some of us aren't able to see any ads for days at a time - That's a missed opportunity for GREE.

Hopefuly they'll just iron out the kinks in the system so we can all see X number of ads every day.

Ryuugan
05-08-2013, 09:15 AM
i only getting 1-3 gems per 3-4 days....

ssjsteve
05-08-2013, 09:21 AM
thank you for the topic

Aradan
05-08-2013, 09:39 AM
It doesn't really make sense for Gree to be decreasing the number of ads available though. After all, it is a source of their income. Also, I don't think views are actually repeated. When there are 1000 views on a thread, there are 1000 different people that have seen the thread. By the way, there are around 80000 people signed up in the forum, though I'm sure not all of them are active (just FYI). Lastly, It's not that everyone's getting only 1-2 gems everyday, there are still other players that still get a lot of gems, maybe around 20. We can't assume that everyone's getting 1-2 gems just because a number of players have been saying so. We have to take into consideration those who are less vocal in the forums yet still get gems too. I do believe that it's because of the increase of the number of people that resulted in less gems for everyone overall. I could very much be wrong though, just something to take into consideration.

i had taken most of that into consideration. But also don't forget this is a sub forum, shared but like 10 other sub forums i think? so there isn't actually 80,000 people looking here, and most of them are probably looking at the other games sub forums as those games are much older and have developed a much larger player base.

FYI i have never seen a forum where the threads views weren't repeated.

I agree it doesn't make sense for gree to limit the amount of videos that can be viewed each day, but it still seems like that is what they are doing.

Raistmar
05-08-2013, 10:51 AM
It doesn't make sense some areas don't get em at all.

Haha I know I'm bitter cause I don't get any!

That aside I think deathexe has a point that cause there's a much larger number of people the 'total' number of ads is divided amongst them minus some areas that doesn't get any at all(sorry, can't stop myself lol)

RyPA24
05-08-2013, 11:47 AM
whatever the reason it's obvious something changed. I guess we've learned a valuable lesson. when it comes to something like this it's probably best to either spread the news through private messages or just keep your mouth shut all together.

Aradan
05-08-2013, 01:53 PM
whatever the reason it's obvious something changed. I guess we've learned a valuable lesson. when it comes to something like this it's probably best to either spread the news through private messages or just keep your mouth shut all together.

agreed .

Thorusa
05-09-2013, 11:37 AM
I got a whopping 3 gems today by tapping the video offers +2.000.000 times..

Keymoe
05-09-2013, 03:16 PM
1-3 gems a day seems fair. 21 gems a week if lucky. 1 chest. Hmm...

Vigorous
05-09-2013, 04:23 PM
Decided to edit this because I don't want anything nerfed... But I had a good run.

Saeryth
05-10-2013, 09:27 AM
I'm getting the ads - sporadically. I'm haven't been receiving gems for the ads though. Last night I probably watched about 30 of them, but didn't receive any gems. I figured it would take some time, and they would show up in the morning. Unfortunately they still haven't shown up, so I wonder if you can watch the ads as often as you are able to, but now they are only giving out gems for X number of them?

Chris_$
05-13-2013, 04:24 PM
Thanks to the Retard for making this thread...... I can barely get 3 ads every 2-3 days now

I apologize but sheesh use your brain next time

kaizer091
05-13-2013, 04:37 PM
Thank you for sharing =)

RyPA24
05-13-2013, 06:13 PM
Thanks to the Retard for making this thread...... I can barely get 3 ads every 2-3 days now

Unfortunately this is a downside to forums... people don't realize that posting something may do more harm than good.

Epon
05-14-2013, 06:52 AM
There must be some component to how many any account gets too. My daughter and I were playing last night, she got 3 videos and I didn't get any, but I did have a couple during the day that I played. Interestingly, she got a "mystery video" and I haven't seen that yet.

600RR
05-15-2013, 01:02 AM
There must be some component to how many any account gets too. My daughter and I were playing last night, she got 3 videos and I didn't get any, but I did have a couple during the day that I played. Interestingly, she got a "mystery video" and I haven't seen that yet.

What's was the reward for the 'mystery video' you mention?

Miyabi
05-15-2013, 01:28 AM
What's was the reward for the 'mystery video' you mention?

1 gem per video too.. My mystery video was about mcdonalds.

Bayu
05-15-2013, 10:42 PM

Be happy you get 2-3/day ;)
I get nothing/day last 3 weeks now (Before 1-2/day)

markke
05-16-2013, 07:24 AM
I was looking for it.I have to double click between videos.

600RR
05-16-2013, 09:05 AM
Does anyone actually every get emails from the 'email offer' when you first started the game? I've never received a single email, beggining to wonder if I entered the wrong one.. Anyone know where I can change it?

Howzee87
05-16-2013, 08:41 PM
I think I've received 2 emails in about 8 weeks of playing - it just has a link to the offers website (and offers that don't match what is actually on the site).

Did you get a confirmation email? This would have had the link as well. I've just bookmarked it.
If you haven't received that I would contact GREE and ask them to resend it (check your spam folder).

Does anyone actually every get emails from the 'email offer' when you first started the game? I've never received a single email, beggining to wonder if I entered the wrong one.. Anyone know where I can change it?

Conkilla
05-17-2013, 12:11 AM
I'm getting the ads - sporadically. I'm haven't been receiving gems for the ads though. Last night I probably watched about 30 of them, but didn't receive any gems. I figured it would take some time, and they would show up in the morning. Unfortunately they still haven't shown up, so I wonder if you can watch the ads as often as you are able to, but now they are only giving out gems for X number of them?

It does take some time to come through

600RR
05-17-2013, 01:09 AM
I think I've received 2 emails in about 8 weeks of playing - it just has a link to the offers website (and offers that don't match what is actually on the site).

Did you get a confirmation email? This would have had the link as well. I've just bookmarked it.
If you haven't received that I would contact GREE and ask them to resend it (check your spam folder).

Nope, didn't get a confirmation email at all. I'll email GREE now see if I can get added to the list.

Cheers :)

D3athShade
06-12-2013, 05:19 PM
i get 1 offer per 1/2 weeks :s that is if i'm lucky... Im from belgium, any other players from belgium that have this?

alonattias
06-13-2013, 09:41 AM
The video offers dont work for me.. i use 3G.. why ??

Justice711
06-14-2013, 03:26 AM
The video offers dont work for me.. i use 3G.. why ??

Depends on area my friend, if u r like me from Singapore, we get crap. Read through the pages & u know people from US, Europe, Australia, Canada, got way more gems then me.

D3athShade
06-14-2013, 01:38 PM
Depends on area my friend, if u r like me from Singapore, we get crap. Read through the pages & u know people from US, Europe, Australia, Canada, got way more gems then me.

Lol yeah right, im from belgium and last time i get an offer was a month ago ( and it was only 1 video offer so 1 gem... Great!)

Badhairdayz
06-14-2013, 01:40 PM
Indeed .. Only got 1 in 2 months here in Belgium .. Gave up trying

BileJAR
06-14-2013, 02:38 PM
Does this still work?