PDA

View Full Version : Infernal Lord v. Half Dragon

RadLonghammer
04-27-2013, 10:20 AM
Guys,

Many of us will achieve the ability to craft Half Dragon Warrior this week, and some of us have not yet crafted Infernal Lord. That puts some of us in the position to have to choose which of the two we would prefer to throw our enhancement assets into.

I'd like to hear everyone's opinion on the relative strengths and weaknesses of each, which one they'd craft, and why.

Thanks!

Harvey Guo
04-27-2013, 10:33 AM
I would choose Half Dragon armor. wait wait, is that really a half dragon? not a bat monster?:confused:

Alright back to the point. Half Dragon armor.

Reason:

1. Different Looking, you can see too many Infernal in arena... need something rarer than that.
Actually the picture in the boss screen only shows part of armor, there is a wonderful axe in the game, cool.

2. Better total stats. Although Infernal get higher defense, but total points is important too.

3. Attack is the best way of defense. 1120 ATK same with dark prince, better defense.

4. New replacement armor are always better. Just like Regalia+ can beat Dark Prince+ etc.

Thus I choose the batman armor, oh it's half dragon armor...

DreamM0d3
04-27-2013, 10:56 AM
I would choose Half Dragon armor. wait wait, is that really a half dragon? not a bat monster?:confused:

Alright back to the point. Half Dragon armor.

Reason:

1. Different Looking, you can see too many Infernal in arena... need something rarer than that.
Actually the picture in the boss screen only shows part of armor, there is a wonderful axe in the game, cool.

2. Better total stats. Although Infernal get higher defense, but total points is important too.

3. Attack is the best way of defense. 1120 ATK same with dark prince, better defense.

4. New replacement armor are always better. Just like Regalia+ can beat Dark Prince+ etc.

Thus I choose the batman armor, oh it's half dragon armor...

I suppose it comes down to what you are gonna use the armor for. I believe why some of us chose Infernal Lord is not purely for stats. I just think that the difference in stats for both armors in this case don't really make a very large difference in the arenas. I tend to like defensive armors because I can farm more efficiently. In farming, you are still probably gonna one shot most of the mobs. That's where defense comes into play. Sure it only has slightly more defense than Half Dragon. But the damage reduction does add up after a few monsters have struck you. In the end I may foresee myself maxing out both armors. As of now Im quite comfortable with my maxed Infernal Lord+

We also have to look at player profile. One thing to note is that Half Dragon takes 35 levels to unlock + version. Take into account that a new player might not even have maxed out his core level 50 armors or his expansions and may not even reach enough materials to craft the + version.

However, on one hand, if an experienced player has not crafted Infernal Lord+, I say they basically have free will on what they wanna craft.

Alexa
04-27-2013, 11:03 AM
I have both :) . Although I vowed to myself that I would collect **every** boss armor, I still have the 3-star Level 70's such as the infernal, spectral, shaman, and the roc armor. Maybe it's for collecting sake lol. But I haven't even maxed out one armor and I'm at level 76... I'm such a fail. But I'm doing good in the arena. I'm like borderline silver and bronze medal right now (117)

zhy
04-27-2013, 11:04 AM
uhm it depends, dragons lower def might also make u loose a fight, example a rocfeather+ or cant one shot ur infernal with a special attack, dunno with ur dragon. also there could be other situations where ur dragon could die while an i fernal wouldnt. well if ur not in these kind of situations the. the dragons should be better with its higher attack it could kill some knights that ur infernal couldnt. so really depends on situations

Harvey Guo
04-27-2013, 11:04 AM
Yes, defense armor did farm more quickly and widely use in stages clearing and weekly boss.

I found that Dark Prince and Swamp shaman robe are one pair, they should come out a deuce result. If you use Swamp Shaman vs Regalia, you will find swamp shaman will lose, because Regalia and Deep Dragon mail are one pair. So in this case, you may find now slightly different data (100) may influence the result.

I agree with rest of what you say, Infernal+ did get many advantage about upgrading, but for me or some other players, new armor with different looking may be more attractive. I even use my lv1 Infernal+ as a material to make my Regalia+ to the max, really do not like the looking... (Swamp shaman Robe is still good looking)

I suppose it comes down to what you are gonna use the armor for. I believe why some of us chose Infernal Lord is not purely for stats. I just think that the difference in stats for both armors in this case don't really make a very large difference in the arenas. I tend to like defensive armors because I can farm more efficiently. In the end I may foresee myself maxing out both armors. As of now Im quite comfortable with my maxed Infernal Lord+

We also have to look at player profile. One thing to note is that Half Dragon takes 35 levels to unlock + version. Take into account that a new player might not even have maxed out his core level 50 armors or his expansions and may not even reach enough materials to craft the + version.

However, on one hand, if an experienced player has not crafted Infernal Lord+, I say they basically have free will on what they wanna craft.

perrypig123
04-27-2013, 11:12 AM
If i dont manage to get the version which is better??

Harvey Guo
04-27-2013, 11:14 AM
If i dont manage to get the version which is better??
lol, then both of them are rubbish...

zhy
04-27-2013, 11:18 AM
well if u cant get dragons+ cuz u cant kill enough boss then go for the infernal at least u have always the chance to craft the + version farming haunted citadel or dark prince at epic stage

Harvey Guo
04-27-2013, 11:20 AM
True thing:)
well if u cant get dragons+ cuz u cant kill enough boss then go for the infernal at least u have always the chance to craft the + version farming haunted citadel or dark prince at epic stage

perrypig123
04-27-2013, 11:22 AM
so normally what what level with what level of gear would i normally be able to get enough kills of a boss to get enough materials??

Harvey Guo
04-27-2013, 11:26 AM
It just a matter of time, you will eventually reach there.
I cannot remember the level, but 70+ would be better, then armor should be against the fire/earth element but not being against by the enemy. Thus Water element armor would be a good choice, like Swamp Shaman Robe etc.
so normally what what level with what level of gear would i normally be able to get enough kills of a boss to get enough materials??

RadLonghammer
04-27-2013, 03:29 PM

That's exactly the situation I'm in, complete and total free will. Not only that, whichever I choose will be the first L70 armor I have, and I'm probably more interested in Arena power than farming power at my current stage of play.

zhy
04-27-2013, 03:41 PM
as i said both could decide a battle result, depening on the situation both can make u loose a battle while using the other one u could win, or it also happens that in some cases using infernal or dragons doesnt change anything

RadLonghammer
04-27-2013, 05:32 PM
as i said both could decide a battle result, depening on the situation both can make u loose a battle while using the other one u could win, or it also happens that in some cases using infernal or dragons doesnt change anything

I reckon if they're that close (essentially a coin toss) one might have to consider the fact that the 3-star Infernal Lord will unlock the plus version at a lower level, and consequently a lower cost than the 4-star Half Dragon. That might be a deciding factor.

deathexe
04-27-2013, 05:44 PM
Personally I'd go with the half-dragon armor if I'm more of an arena person, and infernal lord if I'm doing the event boss.

In the arena, I'd be putting my high defense armor (swamp shaman+) on my first knight to take all the damage before letting my second knight (half-dragon) get the first hit on the knights that still survive. Since it still has decent defense, it still may survive a hit or two before dying. My last knight would then be my paper cannon(Regalia+) to finish of any leftover knights.

For event bosses, I find that defense is very much needed in the higher levels as getting in more hits against the boss not only helps deal more damage, but charges up the special attack meter. Therefore, I'd probably use the infernal lord cause of its slightly better defense.

RadLonghammer
04-27-2013, 06:57 PM
Personally I'd go with the half-dragon armor if I'm more of an arena person, and infernal lord if I'm doing the event boss.

In the arena, I'd be putting my high defense armor (swamp shaman+) on my first knight to take all the damage before letting my second knight (half-dragon) get the first hit on the knights that still survive. Since it still has decent defense, it still may survive a hit or two before dying. My last knight would then be my paper cannon(Regalia+) to finish of any leftover knights.

For event bosses, I find that defense is very much needed in the higher levels as getting in more hits against the boss not only helps deal more damage, but charges up the special attack meter. Therefore, I'd probably use the infernal lord cause of its slightly better defense.

Makes perfect sense.

Thanks, man!

deathexe
04-27-2013, 07:09 PM
Makes perfect sense.

Thanks, man!

Anytime, man! :)

Barryboo
04-28-2013, 07:22 AM
I reckon if they're that close (essentially a coin toss) one might have to consider the fact that the 3-star Infernal Lord will unlock the plus version at a lower level, and consequently a lower cost than the 4-star Half Dragon. That might be a deciding factor.

This is the exact reason i am goin for Infernal. 15 levels less to to craft + armor. Makes sense