PDA

View Full Version : Feedback to gree on retirement

doomnosee
04-26-2013, 06:59 AM
Hi everyone, having decided to retire for good from all three games (buildings all sold etc) I wanted to take the opportunity to provide some feedback on the games:

1. The games are well designed and had the potential to be of long term fun. The syndicate concept especially prolonged the shelf life for me, infusing a much needed social aspect to the games, as well as a new competitive aspect.

2. However, these positives became completely outweighed for me by the fact that to do at all well (especially in all three games) requires two simple things: a complete suspension of real life, with events almost every weekend, and hourly commitment to LTQ or equivalent almost every day. I lasted two months. Clearly it would be pathological to persist with this. The second thing that is required is to burn huge sums of money. Frankly, there is very little element of skill beyond these two factors (apart for perhaps utilising ones skills as a hacker).

3. The factor that sealed my decision to quit however is your complete contempt for your customers. I know this has been said many times before here, but it really is true! if you compare it to any other business or area of life it is clear you simply do not care one little bit about our concerns or when you make a mistake (which is very very often). In fact the types of automated responses you send to people appear specifically designed to display that contempt.

4. Perhaps you are right the money will continue to flow and not spending a tiny proportion of your profits on improving the gaming experience for your customers through proper customer service makes financial sense. Perhaps you have in fact decided (like me) that games can never be sustainable long term and so every decision about game design is about maximising short term gain. However, I don't understand why you don't at least try to take a longer term perspective, and sort customer service issues out.

5. The disregard and disdain for the multiple messages me and my team posted on here, and by pm to CJ (not a single one even read), or by ticket regarding that first MW battle where you simply lost track of the scores is a prime example.

Anyway, thats it from me. Three days into my retirement I am finding that the only thing I miss is the friends I made in ECE, ODK and dooms mob.

All the best
Doom/Krabat

nopenopenope
04-26-2013, 07:42 AM
So you state that the mods have never responded to you or your team, and yet you think this thread will be acknowledged?

GG

TRAZ
04-26-2013, 07:50 AM
Congrats on winning and enjoy your retirement. Best wishes to you.

nickcity
04-26-2013, 07:51 AM
Good luck Doom. We miss you in the mob. Not too late to come back. ;) :cool:

Recruit
04-26-2013, 07:58 AM
I accept most of your sentiments & please do not take this as me being an apologist for GREE but there have been improvements in the game this week for all Android players....

..... maybe / hopefully this is a sign that at long last there is beginning to be some investment in the game.

Please GREE don't allow my optimism to be unfounded.

Sal The Stockbroker
04-26-2013, 08:11 AM
This thread confuses me. As far as I can tell, GREE has done nothing but supply a superior gaming experience to me for free. I have never been one to look a gift horse in the mouth, so I can not join the OP at his pity party.

Bala82
04-26-2013, 08:24 AM
Yes this is game you shouldn't play while you are unemployed because one best time killers you could play the game all day by just visit everyone hood in your rival list or your friends i have over 480 hoods from alliance.

What shocks me more how awful some hood are at, i saw level 198 - Seriously how can some at level 198 have only 10K defence is shocking.

D3V
04-26-2013, 08:24 AM
This didn't have to be a money game. The players made it a money game.

Therefore it's not gree's fault, it's the people playing - it's their fault.

It's not that you can't compete with what Gree gives you - it's that you can't compete with the hardcore players.

That is all.

Tommy Two Toes
04-26-2013, 08:29 AM
This thread confuses me. As far as I can tell, GREE has done nothing but supply a superior gaming experience to me for free. I have never been one to look a gift horse in the mouth, so I can not join the OP at his pity party.

+1.

You know what advice never gets taken? Advice you give when you are walking out the door. Try telling your employer how ****ty the work conditions are in your exit interview. In one ear, and out the other.

Enjoy your retirement, OP. Just don't make changing anything here after you are gone a condition of your happiness.

the_brein
04-26-2013, 08:33 AM
Going cold turkey? Good luck. The first week is the hardest. If you can make it past one week, then you may have a shot.

Sal The Stockbroker
04-26-2013, 08:45 AM
Yes this is game you shouldn't play while you are unemployed because one best time killers you could play the game all day by just visit everyone hood in your rival list or your friends i have over 480 hoods from alliance.

What shocks me more how awful some hood are at, i saw level 198 - Seriously how can some at level 198 have only 10K defence is shocking.

Random post meet random pic.

http://i1300.photobucket.com/albums/ag96/qwerty9702/image_zpsd670b613.jpg (http://s1300.photobucket.com/user/qwerty9702/media/image_zpsd670b613.jpg.html)

Dipstik
04-26-2013, 09:02 AM
Please do everyone a favor and delete that pic. There are plenty of more attractive inappropriate pictures on the internet if you absolutely have to do something like that.

Also, I think someone already got banned for posting Lupo's personal information... I'm sure it's not going to go over well if you post his pics.

Ramshutu
04-26-2013, 09:07 AM
Please do everyone a favor and delete that pic. There are plenty of more attractive inappropriate pictures on the internet if you absolutely have to do something like that.

Also, I think someone already got banned for posting Lupo's personal information... I'm sure it's not going to go over well if you post his pics.

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130312005204/walkingdead/images/4/42/I-See-What-You-Did-There..png

Paulio
04-26-2013, 09:27 AM

Please do not discuss bans :cool:

Dipstik
04-26-2013, 09:30 AM
I was just helping a noob learn the ropes around here :)

MediumRawr
04-26-2013, 10:05 AM
Holy Hell, I just about fell out of my chair with that pic. Truly quite disturbing.

Tommy Two Toes
04-26-2013, 11:56 AM
I was just helping a noob learn the ropes around here :)

He looks like a good fit so far.

dudeman
04-26-2013, 12:07 PM
Random post meet random pic.

Random pic, meet random 3D magic eye pic.

http://i1059.photobucket.com/albums/t440/ShredderBoris/fc15b361d3d71a4df7542302d450e565.jpg

Leezygeezer
04-26-2013, 12:12 PM
Lolz at that image dude!

bimmer kid
04-26-2013, 12:20 PM

was pretty random...lmbo

Random pic, meet random 3D magic eye pic.

you got me trippin man

PuckinWebGuy
04-26-2013, 12:32 PM
http://codinghorror.typepad.com/.a/6a0120a85dcdae970b0128777073eb970c-pi

Bala82
04-26-2013, 12:39 PM
was pretty random...lmbo

Well since people think it was random

OP posted

2. However, these positives became completely outweighed for me by the fact that to do at all well (especially in all three games) requires two simple things: a complete suspension of real life,

I was suggesting if a person was unemployed they could spend whole day playing the game since that would be complete suspension of real life. Most people don't have the time to play this game because they have a job , family but if someone who hasn't got any of these can become good.

To those people who say you need money - That great thing about the benefits systems as long as you have national passport you get benefits a council house and other benefits.

doomnosee
04-26-2013, 12:55 PM
Ok maybe an exaggeration, but that is what the way the game is set up pushes towards. My point is that gree have events far too often ;-)

bimmer kid
04-26-2013, 01:01 PM
Ok maybe an exaggeration, but that is what the way the game is set up pushes towards. My point is that gree have events far too often ;-)
i dont think so...you can play as much or as little as you want

DragCro
04-26-2013, 03:52 PM
Hi everyone, having decided to retire for good from all three games (buildings all sold etc) I wanted to take the opportunity to provide some feedback on the games:

1. The games are well designed and had the potential to be of long term fun. The syndicate concept especially prolonged the shelf life for me, infusing a much needed social aspect to the games, as well as a new competitive aspect.

2. However, these positives became completely outweighed for me by the fact that to do at all well (especially in all three games) requires two simple things: a complete suspension of real life, with events almost every weekend, and hourly commitment to LTQ or equivalent almost every day. I lasted two months. Clearly it would be pathological to persist with this. The second thing that is required is to burn huge sums of money. Frankly, there is very little element of skill beyond these two factors (apart for perhaps utilising ones skills as a hacker).

3. The factor that sealed my decision to quit however is your complete contempt for your customers. I know this has been said many times before here, but it really is true! if you compare it to any other business or area of life it is clear you simply do not care one little bit about our concerns or when you make a mistake (which is very very often). In fact the types of automated responses you send to people appear specifically designed to display that contempt.

4. Perhaps you are right the money will continue to flow and not spending a tiny proportion of your profits on improving the gaming experience for your customers through proper customer service makes financial sense. Perhaps you have in fact decided (like me) that games can never be sustainable long term and so every decision about game design is about maximising short term gain. However, I don't understand why you don't at least try to take a longer term perspective, and sort customer service issues out.

5. The disregard and disdain for the multiple messages me and my team posted on here, and by pm to CJ (not a single one even read), or by ticket regarding that first MW battle where you simply lost track of the scores is a prime example.

Anyway, thats it from me. Three days into my retirement I am finding that the only thing I miss is the friends I made in ECE, ODK and dooms mob.

All the best
Doom/Krabat
I don't know you,but i agree with you.
It's imposible to have a Rl and to play all events,yes some are playing just one game,but lots of us are playing more than 3 gree games..Just one game is imposible to play it as you want,more for fun.I'm competive and im not the only one.If we miss few events we fall behind and loose interest on the game because we can't keep up..
It is a good thing for Gree to think on pause between events ltq,box,boss,synd war..
Hopefuly you will change something..
As i mention in begining of my post ,i dont know you but i wish you all good in real life..
Hope that you visit your friends that you meet here..
Take care

nickcity
04-26-2013, 06:13 PM
hey Doom, why don't you just play one game to start with?....just make that one game Crime City:D:o:):rolleyes::cool:;)

realsavior
04-26-2013, 07:40 PM
I can see where three games would be far too time consuming. I started a camper in MW and was only doing boss events and building iph, but even that combined with CC was too much. So I only play CC now, and I agree the constant events may be a little excessive but in the past people have wanted more events/content. To me for the people playing 3+ games it would make more since to cut back to one, and make it your main focus instead of just quitting everything.

nickcity
04-26-2013, 08:26 PM
I can see where three games would be far too time consuming. I started a camper in MW and was only doing boss events and building iph, but even that combined with CC was too much. So I only play CC now, and I agree the constant events may be a little excessive but in the past people have wanted more events/content. To me for the people playing 3+ games it would make more since to cut back to one, and make it your main focus instead of just quitting everything.

Listen to him Doom! This is the voice of reason. Come home to your mob. ;):D:o:):p:cool:

groovdog
04-26-2013, 11:10 PM
This didn't have to be a money game. The players made it a money game.
The naivety shown in this comment is amusing. This game would have been dead years ago without a real cashflow. Syn wars is all about milking more $$. And putting any group of gamers in a room will elicit competition, competition designed to be milked like a cow. If not why not just charge $5 and call it a day.

That being said, congrats on your avoiding the fray but I guarantee you are not competitive unless you have played from the start and even if you are you will not be within 3 months as Gree does what they have done to KA/MW to CC.

nickcity
04-27-2013, 08:12 PM
Doom, get back on. Your nightclubs are ready to be collected.

MkyNice
04-27-2013, 08:30 PM
car restoring is my hubby for retirement mixed with beer...enjoy