PDA

View Full Version : To Greedy GREE: You owe an apology to all players!

Harvey Guo
04-26-2013, 05:18 AM
At first, I would ask you a simply question, what makes you believe your company are so successful?

Because the increasing number of players and many of them buy your gems?

So that you can keep trying to expand the limitation of players' tolerance, using players loyalty and manipulate the game to satisfy your greedy heart?!

Come on, you are falling now. Being proactive is the key to survival, your company now even poor reactive, poor support response, poor communication with players, play trick with us and you think you are smart ha?

People may act irrational behavior and with all limit tolerance, keep trying challenge players, keep dreaming they will accept the current situation and spend money. One day, probably soon, your company will suddenly fall down without notice, and you do not even know the reason.

'People come fast, and quit faster' you should know this words.

Let's together to see how foolish you are and how you make fool of players:)

1. Dark prince chest, guarantee rare above!

What a great announcement! Could you tell me the Rarity of Nemesis:)?

Ironic, ha? I think maybe only two reason for that.

1) you company lack of wisdom and made stupid mistake

2) you're humoring people and think this is a good joke:)

If you are as successful as Blizzard, I may suppose the 2nd reason.

2. 3X chance to gain Blah blah blah

Another great announcement too! Make people feel that if they open 11 chest they must can gain the armor.

Let's see and calculate the number together:)

Ignore those small amount gems spending players, just focus on two large spender.

1) spent 3200 gems and gained nothing Legendary. Only 15 Nemesis and lots of rubbish.

2) spent 1000 gems and gained nothing Legendary too. Only 4 Nemesis and rubbish.

Pay attention, this is already under 3X chance. 3X chance man!!!

Let's calculate together:)

The probability of gaining Legendary armor:

Total gems spend: 3200+1000=4200

200 gems for 11 chests, so the number of total chests open: 4200/200*11=231

None of them gain the armor, so the probability is 0/231

Okay, some people may say they are not lucky as you. Come one, wanna show on your lucky or flunk mind think you get magical power and can manipulate the probability?

Fine, let us suppose that open 231 can gain one under 3x chance.

The suppose probability would be 1/231/3=0.001443=0.144% (open 1000 chests can only gain 1)

Funny ha?

I guess GREE cannot show their smile now:)

Another probability calculation for Nemesis:

Total chests number: 231 (as above)

Total nemesis gain: 15+4=19

Probability: 19/231=0.08225=8.23%=1/12(open 12 to gain one)

Let us help you to add a 3x chance on that too, makes people to believe they can gain 1 from 3.

8.23%*3=24.69% not even 25%=1/4

Which means people may still need to open 4 or 5 to gain 1 nemesis under so-called 3x chance!!!

GREE, now can you deny your greedy and foolish?

3. Enhanced chest.

This is our players' most favorite chest. Now became what?

You certainly can set a Dark prince chest, but why destroy the Enhanced chest what we most like?

I opened 50 chests by spending all my gold keys, let me show you and other players what I gain.

Potion and Fusion stone: 25.

Uncommon armor: 4

Rare armor: 3

Gem: 1

Material: 17 (Chimera horn, phoenix feather, typhoon stone, repeatedly. There is no even one Jewel of dark prince, no even one Fragment of Starmetal. WTF!)

I've remembered when I first play this game before a month, I used my only 2 gold key and gained Spectral Captain Uniform and Hydramancer Nemesis

What a good memory for beginner.

But now, see what left for Enhanced chest?

How many people miss the Former Enhanced chest like me? Show your voice!

4. Well Distraction!

I would say making a slightly change does attract few simple people's mind.

from 40 capacity to 50. Yep, lots of help ha? Why not allow item overlap? Why not make the number to 100?

From the notes, why not give us changelog directly?

What we can see is you using small progress to distract people's attention, let them have a perfect day dream wish to believe you are making the progress and doing benefit for them, then you can keep sucking their blood.

When you suck out the blood and loyalty, people will leave you and you will be certainly fall.

I'm still pretty curious that how dare you company making fooling and at the meantime open this forum. Lack of wisdom again? We players certainly will share our thoughts and data, the only way to foolish people more perfectly is to shut down the forum, so that our players may comparable lack of communication with each other, so that players may wake up later and keep day dreaming and give their blood to feed your greedy heart!

At last, don't you even think you don't owe players an apology?

Vigorous
04-26-2013, 05:25 AM
+1 to this. Most games I've joined they usually get better. This one has gotten worse. Also "rare and above" I'd basically 90% of the armor. When I first started i got excited gaining the keys but now I can't even gain the purple key. The nemisis should be stuck in the second chest and the last chest should be 15 gems and only ultra rare+ not rare + that's just a scam because noobs don't realize all the armor is labeled rare!

Slevinn
04-26-2013, 06:16 AM
Good points made by Harvey and Vigorous. From the tone of the posts you can tell the emotions coming from a loyal player. I hope this reaches GREE so they can consider to change some of the recent changes.

+1 for Harvey since he did the best overall review of the new ingame content.

basbeer
04-26-2013, 06:47 AM
Damn Harvey! You totally hit the spot! I really hope GREE sees in to this and listens to the community. GREE if you read this, please listen to the community!!! It's like god..

Leosimas
04-26-2013, 07:06 AM
Funzio before was sold to Gree, was making US$5M month.
And it was sold by this Jap corp for US$200M.
After this I quit CC and MQ. Started playing K&D because it was a fair game.
Of course, some balancing would upset us.
Dark chest is the most disrespectful for us players.
How can it be possible to find one star rares if you could find it also in enhanced chests.
You can easily fuse a Chimera, or Atlantean. You feel cheated when you open one in DP Chest.
But, I'm worrying to much maybe tomorrow we can start a new game.

Eloade
04-26-2013, 07:21 AM
+1 don't make me milk cow ... :mad:

Catastr0phy
04-26-2013, 07:56 AM
ofcourse you're all right! GREEd is just taking advantage of us in a horrible way.
but I must say they got us right where they want us, I base this on all the signatures:

'name' lvl:'xx" code:"xxx-xxx-xxx"
and then the fun part:
MAXED OUT NEMESIS FOR THIS WEEK.

So how dumb do we look in GREEd's eyes? there still making money:)

DreamM0d3
04-26-2013, 09:20 AM
Wow it seems that after I am gone, the forums have been bustling with activity. Well but not exactly for the right reasons. New players had already started complaining when things like the Dark Prince's Chest rolled out, although I would still consider that trivial. However, when you see dedicated players start to voice out their disdain, you know that the game isn't exactly heading in the right direction. I can't say I didn't see this coming though and it certainly wasn't something that was accumulated overnight.

I agree with most of the points that have been brought up. In fact I believe I have already stated some of them before and I still firmly believe that the chest system needs an overhaul. Let me suggest a rough breakdown, with explanation.

Silver Chest
- Fusion Stars (1-3)
- Potions (1-2) (@100HP per pot, they are pretty useless and deserve to be here)
- Basic Armors
- Level 30 Mono element armors (normal and + version) (harder to get)
- Gold (500,750,1000)
- Crafting materials (lvl 30 mono armors and 1 star armors) (2-4)
- Gems (3-5)

Enchanted Chest
- 1 star armors (normal and + version)
- 2 star armors (harder to get) (no + version)
- Crafting Materials for 3 star armors (2-4)
- Crafting Materials for Steampowered, Tamer and Starmetal (5-10)
- Gems (5-15)
- NEMESIS (This was one of the reasons that made enchanted chest so popular in the first place. This will prevent a player from getting multiple copies of this should he choose to spam Dark Prince's Chest)

Dark Prince's Chest
- 2 star armors (with higher chance to get + version because practically no one uses 2 star armors in arena)
- 3 star armors (normal and + version)
- 4 star armors (including past boss armors) (normal and + version)
- Give a guaranteed (3 star and possibly above) reward for opening 11 chests (can change every week). At least players who spam chests know that they will be getting a consolation.

Recent Updates
On to other updates, the increased cost of reviving in boss battles from 5 to 12 is understandable because everyone would just spam revive instead of buying more boss energy and their allies could be reused. The increased armor slots from 40 to 50 is well needed.

Other Suggestions
Regarding other issues, arena rewards are too useless at the moment. No seriously. Minimally, if the armor rewards are not gonna get better, at least give more gold or fusion stars. Who knows maybe even throw in gems. Im sure giving 1 gem to the top 100 isn't that hard. If the rewards are good, players will naturally want to spend gems on arena energy and arena will actually be taken more seriously compared to the boss damage leader-board.

On to fusion, Im pretty sure most players have been stockpiling fusion stars because its just not worth it. Either you lower the cost of fusion, or you add more benefits for fusion. One suggestion I gave weeks ago was that it was possible to create a + version armor through fusion. However, one would have to own 2 copies of that armor and both copies would have to be of a certain level (etc level 15 for 1 star, level 20 for 2 star, level 30 for 3 star and level 35 for 4 star). If fusion is buffed, the developers can even offer the option of paying gems (3?) for fusion.

Conclusion
Before I go into other suggestions on how to improve the game like side missions, castle expansions or new utility buildings, I believe a lot of these fundamental issues brought up should be taken into consideration. I am aware that the moderator does read some of the posts here. Nevertheless, I hope that if the developers are serious about the game, there should be more interaction between the moderators and the players. It is not enough to just come in once in awhile to appease the players by saying that the suggestions are being taken into account. Many of my points here have been properly thought out with both the player and developer in mind and I hope that if I can spare the time to write this, then some positive changes should already be on the way. As players, we want to support great games and quality content so that the developers can continue to put in more effort into improving the game. As far as the direction that K&D is heading at the moment, I don't think so.

Harvey Guo
04-26-2013, 09:47 AM
Thanks all kindly reply!!! Really make efforts!

For securing players' benefit, we do need more people like you guys showing their voices.

deathexe
04-26-2013, 09:49 AM
Wow it seems that after I am gone, the forums have been bustling with activity. Well but not exactly for the right reasons. New players had already started complaining when things like the Dark Prince's Chest rolled out, although I would still consider that trivial. However, when you see dedicated players start to voice out their disdain, you know that the game isn't exactly heading in the right direction. I can't say I didn't see this coming though and it certainly wasn't something that was accumulated overnight.

I agree with most of the points that have been brought up. In fact I believe I have already stated some of them before and I still firmly believe that the chest system needs an overhaul. Let me suggest a rough breakdown, with explanation.

Silver Chest
- Fusion Stars (1-3)
- Potions (1-2) (@100HP per pot, they are pretty useless and deserve to be here)
- Basic Armors
- Level 30 Mono element armors (normal and + version) (harder to get)
- Gold (500,750,1000)
- Crafting materials (lvl 30 mono armors and 1 star armors) (2-4)
- Gems (3-5)

Enchanted Chest
- 1 star armors (normal and + version)
- 2 star armors (harder to get) (no + version)
- Crafting Materials for 3 star armors (2-4)
- Crafting Materials for Steampowered, Tamer and Starmetal (5-10)
- Gems (5-15)
- NEMESIS (This was one of the reasons that made enchanted chest so popular in the first place. This will prevent a player from getting multiple copies of this should he choose to spam Dark Prince's Chest)

Dark Prince's Chest
- 2 star armors (with higher chance to get + version because practically no one uses 2 star armors in arena)
- 3 star armors (normal and + version)
- 4 star armors (including past boss armors) (normal and + version)
- Give a guaranteed (3 star and possibly above) reward for opening 11 chests (can change every week). At least players who spam chests know that they will be getting a consolation.

Recent Updates
On to other updates, the increased cost of reviving in boss battles from 5 to 12 is understandable because everyone would just spam revive instead of buying more boss energy and their allies could be reused. The increased armor slots from 40 to 50 is well needed.

Other Suggestions
Regarding other issues, arena rewards are too useless at the moment. No seriously. Minimally, if the armor rewards are not gonna get better, at least give more gold or fusion stars. Who knows maybe even throw in gems. Im sure giving 1 gem to the top 100 isn't that hard. If the rewards are good, players will naturally want to spend gems on arena energy and arena will actually be taken more seriously compared to the boss damage leader-board.

On to fusion, Im pretty sure most players have been stockpiling fusion stars because its just not worth it. Either you lower the cost of fusion, or you add more benefits for fusion. One suggestion I gave weeks ago was that it was possible to create a + version armor through fusion. However, one would have to own 2 copies of that armor and both copies would have to be of a certain level (etc level 15 for 1 star, level 20 for 2 star, level 30 for 3 star and level 35 for 4 star). If fusion is buffed, the developers can even offer the option of paying gems (3?) for fusion.

Conclusion
Before I go into other suggestions on how to improve the game like side missions, castle expansions or new utility buildings, I believe a lot of these fundamental issues brought up should be taken into consideration. I am aware that the moderator does read some of the posts here. Nevertheless, I hope that if the developers are serious about the game, there should be more interaction between the moderators and the players. It is not enough to just come in once in awhile to appease the players by saying that the suggestions are being taken into account. Many of my points here have been properly thought out with both the player and developer in mind and I hope that if I can spare the time to write this, then some positive changes should already be on the way. As players, we want to support great games and quality content so that the developers can continue to put in more effort into improving the game. As far as the direction that K&D is heading at the moment, I don't think so.

Agreed. I definitely agree with you. Gree can't just hope that by giving us little 'treats' here and there we'll be appeased. Also, I believe that Gree should strike a balance between letting players who have gems have a slight advantage, and letting them become overpowered. An example would be the sky guardian and wicked wrath armors with their + variants. If Gree decides that it'd be a good idea to make more of such armors, than it'll just unbalance the game.

DreamM0d3
04-26-2013, 09:51 AM
Thanks all kindly reply!!! Really make efforts!

For securing players' benefit, we do need more people like you guys showing their voices.

Lol what's with all the formality all of a sudden. Well its still great to see you around helping new players. I really hope that when I become active again, I would come back and see that the game has made much progress.

Harvey Guo
04-26-2013, 09:55 AM
Great to see you too, hope you can come back soon and wish the developer would listen more useful suggestion and lead the game to the right direction:)
Lol what's with all the formality all of a sudden. Well its still great to see you around helping new players. I really hope that when I become active again, I would come back and see that the game has made much progress.

DreamM0d3
04-26-2013, 10:02 AM
Great to see you too, hope you can come back soon and wish the developer would listen more useful suggestion and lead the game to the right direction:)

Haha the forum has more experienced players nowadays so I think the forum without me won't make much of a difference. If I intend to, I'll let you all know about my comeback plans again.

Harvey Guo
04-26-2013, 10:11 AM
Excellent! Look forward to hearing your plans:)
Haha the forum has more experienced players nowadays so I think the forum without me won't make much of a difference. If I intend to, I'll let you all know about my comeback plans again.

Vigorous
04-26-2013, 11:28 AM
Great responses so far, would love to see feedback from the wise one as for a action plan. They may have decent sales now but they could be making way more if they changed it up a bit and gained loyal players respect. People are slowly learning the chest isn't that great!

Arbey
04-26-2013, 06:34 PM
Great responses so far, would love to see feedback from the wise one as for a action plan. They may have decent sales now but they could be making way more if they changed it up a bit and gained loyal players respect. People are slowly learning the chest isn't that great!

Agreed. As I said before. If they wanna bring out Dark Prince Chest. They better start putting all + version of the items. And a "REAL" Legendary armor with rediculous stats not some cheap stuff. 20% off the gems today isnt gonna fix anything. Just my 2 cents.

To GREE. If you wanna make this game one of the best out there, listen to your loyal players. 'Nuff said.

zhy
04-26-2013, 08:09 PM
uhm i dont think gree wanna put much effort to make this game become a good one in the long run. this is my 2nd gree game, n i experienced all this also with the 1st one, monster quest. in the beginning the game seemed balanced, n i think many ppl started to play at mq, but after few months gree started to milk players, not few of em left the game. prob is i dont think gree cares much about ppl quitting play one of their game, cuz they have a good portfolio of products, n i think most of players who quit one gree game will started another gree one, that makes their business plan work very well :

1. release a good game to attract as many ppl as possible
2. when they think there are enough players, start to milk em till they quit

n the cycle starts again :P

this was a very good game at the beginning im my opinion, i just think its a cash cow for gree atm, n they are only aiming to take as much money as they can from players, till we will have enough of that n start to play another gree game waiting to be milked :P

busteroaf
04-26-2013, 08:31 PM

That is pretty much the cycle of most "in-game purchase" games. They attract new players, they figure out how and when they can start making good amounts of money off them, and pow. Cash cow of a game.

I think this is a great game, a definite change from all the card game monsters out there that claim 6 million players and 5.5 million of them are alt/feeder accounts... But sadly, you have to be able to see there is no end game. If everyone has all the best armor, everyone is equal and you're splitting hairs on damage and defense and just hoping to get lucky that some guy has a different setup than your 3 best armors in the arena. And if they release a new armor every week, guess what, there WILL be a sucker that will spend money to get it. You can't blame the game for doing it. They build the games to ... MAKE MONEY. Don't fault them for making a quick buck on a "free to play" game.

Obviously any "free to play" game with an "in-game purchase" option... they are hoping, praying, and wanting people to spend money to take a chance for those upgrades. And for everyone saying lower the price, give out more stuff for the lower level chests... you really sound like don't know economics and how that ruins the economy (or played other games that are similar) Yeah, more people "might" spend money if there are cheaper chests, but then when everyone has access to the same armor, people will scream bloody murder and how its unfair that EVERYONE has the same high level, legendary gear, and they'll make super legendary, and then super super legendary, and then legendary legendary 10 star armors. The cycle will repeat itself.

Marcial1234
04-26-2013, 08:34 PM
The trend zhy is describing is extremely melancholy. If it is indeed all true, than it is like those quotes of social media sites "Genius by Birth, Slack by Choice", but in this case seeing a good game idea and development the quote should be "Genius by Birth, (Insert any type of genius people that decided to use their incredible abilities for the dark/bad side of society) by Choice." I guess this can compare to Apple's business strategy after Steve Jobs was fired, mixed with pump and dump (game-wise) strategies.

It truly sad to see that the gifts of creativity that society gave you get lost in such a way.

And busteroaf it seems you haven't seen the whole picture. We are not asking for them to baby-proof the game and let us get everything there is. There's always going to be people in all the different levels. Big spenders, none spenders, casual spenders, etc. But if the majority (the ones that speak, as in the elections the ones that vote) are leaning toward one very specific side/opinion with that almost unanimous, that that has to be of concern (if they want to maintain the product and their customers, of course).

But one thing is having reasonable chances and rates, and another is taking advantage of the market and increasing their profitably at moments of rapid growth is not smart as old players compare with the past and see the declining trends. More players are coming in every day! Doesn't that sound like more money for them? It's completely contradicting. But if that's their business strategy and they've been always like this then let them be. Bad reputation is bad reputation, stains stay like (nyx and zhy demonstrate), and money flow only lasts so much.

Nyx
04-26-2013, 08:38 PM
uhm i dont think gree wanna put much effort to make this game become a good one in the long run. this is my 2nd gree game, n i experienced all this also with the 1st one, monster quest. in the beginning the game seemed balanced, n i think many ppl started to play at mq, but after few months gree started to milk players, not few of em left the game. prob is i dont think gree cares much about ppl quitting play one of their game, cuz they have a good portfolio of products, n i think most of players who quit one gree game will started another gree one, that makes their business plan work very well :

this was a very good game at the beginning im my opinion, i just think its a cash cow for gree atm, n they are only aiming to take as much money as they can from players, till we will have enough of that n start to play another gree game waiting to be milked :P

Yep, I got the same impression, zhy.

And here I am getting sucked into another after quitting all my other GREE games. Maybe I should just say 'Moooo' :P

GREE could have several long term cash cows if they could just figure out how to keep players happy while stimulating gem purchases.

But as you said, I don't think GREE is interested in the longevity of its games.

zhy
04-26-2013, 08:50 PM
i mooooooooo too then :P well they should have taken that apps game usually dont have a long life so they are just earning their money till KD will say game over :P move to another gree game :P

@busteroaf nah i only wish all peps i can fight in arena have my same armors or slightly better so i can gain more pts by killing em :P cuz killing all those low lvs with crappy armors give only few pts :P well now u can wonder how i can kill ppl with same armors or better, if u are then sorry i prefer to not answer to this :P but u seem a smart guy, u should have understood only reading these few lines :P

Nyx
04-26-2013, 09:27 PM
i mooooooooo too then :P well they should have taken that apps game usually dont have a long life so they are just earning their money till KD will say game over :P move to another gree game :P

The mobile game phenomena is relatively new, so who's to say a business plan that includes longevity couldn't work? I would love it if a mobile game developer realized that gem purchases were similar to an investment. I am fortunate enough to have the financial stability to afford gem purchases but all the same, if it becomes clear that the development company of a game I'm playing, and supporting financially, isn't interested in the longevity that game, then I quickly become disinterested in playing that game because I want to know my investment will matter in the long run.

That's why I think this apparent business model is amazingly short-sighted.

busteroaf
04-26-2013, 09:37 PM
The mobile game phenomena is relatively new, so who's to say a business plan that includes longevity couldn't work? I would love it if a mobile game developer realized that gem purchases were similar to an investment.
If only this would happen... but it would take a similarly invested company. See, oh, I don't know, say: Blizzard for example. They made an MMO that is still alive and kicking after years. And people continue to pay them after years. They have BlizzCon, and Arena tournaments, and all kinds of stuff. But, even they are prone to these same issues.

The issue is that it IS an investment, but:
A) they more often than not don't want you to ever get your money back from your investment by selling your account or in-game items (should you ever want to do that)
B) when the game goes away or shuts down, what investment do you have anymore? This investment is all digital and virtual. You still don't "own" anything. The game could shut down tomorrow and they don't "owe" you anything for any and all "investing" you did with them.

Nyx
04-26-2013, 10:12 PM
If only this would happen... but it would take a similarly invested company. See, oh, I don't know, say: Blizzard for example. They made an MMO that is still alive and kicking after years. And people continue to pay them after years. They have BlizzCon, and Arena tournaments, and all kinds of stuff. But, even they are prone to these same issues.

The issue is that it IS an investment, but:
A) they more often than not don't want you to ever get your money back from your investment by selling your account or in-game items (should you ever want to do that)
B) when the game goes away or shuts down, what investment do you have anymore? This investment is all digital and virtual. You still don't "own" anything. The game could shut down tomorrow and they don't "owe" you anything for any and all "investing" you did with them.

I know I don't own anything about the game itself but when I pay real life money on it, then I am looking at I'm investing in my account. So if GREE continually demonstrates that it has little interest in the longevity of its games, then I have no reason to continue to play GREE games. I've quit three already, the only reason I'm playing K&D is because I installed it before I realized it was GREE but if this game goes the same way the others have, I'll be sure to make certain to take note that the developer is not GREE before downloading it. That's what I mean about it being unfortunate that the GREE business model is apparently so short-sighted. It tends to drives away customers, rather than keeping them.

zhy
04-26-2013, 10:14 PM
i was falling in the 3rd cycle 2-3 days ago :P i downloaded book of ashes :P good for me i didnt like it :P

jmano
04-27-2013, 01:45 AM
Excellant thread Harvey, the dark prince's chest is really a hamper for progression, even for high leveled players. Nemesis armor should be available in all chests [lowest chance in silver chest, mid chance
in the enchanted chest and high chance in the dark prince's].

Harvey Guo
04-27-2013, 02:08 AM
Thank you. Your idea is interesting! hope GREE can get some inspiration from your idea:)
Excellant thread Harvey, the dark prince's chest is really a hamper block for progression, even for high leveled players. Nemesis armor should be available in all chests [lowest chance in silver chest, mid chance
in the enchanted chest and high chance in the dark prince's].

The Wise One
04-27-2013, 11:31 AM
I know I don't own anything about the game itself but when I pay real life money on it, then I am looking at I'm investing in my account. So if GREE continually demonstrates that it has little interest in the longevity of its games, then I have no reason to continue to play GREE games. I've quit three already, the only reason I'm playing K&D is because I installed it before I realized it was GREE but if this game goes the same way the others have, I'll be sure to make certain to take note that the developer is not GREE before downloading it. That's what I mean about it being unfortunate that the GREE business model is apparently so short-sighted. It tends to drives away customers, rather than keeping them.

I remember you saying something about playing the other titles such as MW/CC/KA. MW just hit it's 2 year and KA just hit it's 1 year mark. Both are still going strong!

Nyx
04-27-2013, 01:12 PM
I remember you saying something about playing the other titles such as MW/CC/KA. MW just hit it's 2 year and KA just hit it's 1 year mark. Both are still going strong!

I've never played MW, so I can't comment about that game and when MQ was released, I stopped playing KA because I enjoyed the fusion aspect so much so that my other games became camper accounts. However, it was MQ that ultimately killed my desire to even play GREE games all together because of the consistent nerfs that started a few months after launch and events that were completely bogged down by grind mechanics that were obviously used to stimulate as many gem purchases as possible in order to finish and made the events a huge chore. ie Stimulating gem purchases at the expense of player enjoyment.

It was during my GREE hiatus that I downloaded K&D and didn't realize it was GREE until I first booted up the game. I figured what the heck, I'll give it a shot but unfortunately, it is starting to look like K&D is beginning to follow a familiar pattern. I will be very pleasantly surprised if that turns out to be not the case. I guess time will tell. :)

maple1736
04-28-2013, 04:02 AM
DP chest is the worse thing you could have for a game like this. Most of the comments here are what hide in most players' hearts but because the game was well designed (before) so many still play! The key thing is not about gems and chest, its about constant improvement. For an online game like this, GREE need to improve the game, not just simply give a impression that the game has been improved. The weekly boss is one good idea to keep players in the game. But one day, there will be too many new armors and they will increase the slots to 'improve' the game! That's why they do give it straight away to us ( I mean increase to like you say 100 or more)! They dont want to improve the game itself as it might require more innovation and indeed more money to do it.

For a well balanced online game like this, the key is to make the top top armors very difficult to get by , say winning something that require 'skill' and might be luck. However, I still think the gems element of this game had made it worse and I would rather pay for downloading the game at once!

Last comment: For high level players (100+) there should be more to gain for being that high level!! otherwise, whats the point for leveling up after 100, I dont need 1000 gold for leveling at 115!!!

Harvey Guo
04-28-2013, 05:12 AM
Hi maple thx for the replay
I agree with you, the GREE does need change and improvement. For the leveling up above 100 only give 1000 golds or 1 gem.. but no stats enhance, that's totally ridiculous, no point for keep leveling up.
DP chest is the worse thing you could have for a game like this. Most of the comments here are what hide in most players' hearts but because the game was well designed (before) so many still play! The key thing is not about gems and chest, its about constant improvement. For an online game like this, GREE need to improve the game, not just simply give a impression that the game has been improved. The weekly boss is one good idea to keep players in the game. But one day, there will be too many new armors and they will increase the slots to 'improve' the game! That's why they do give it straight away to us ( I mean increase to like you say 100 or more)! They dont want to improve the game itself as it might require more innovation and indeed more money to do it.

For a well balanced online game like this, the key is to make the top top armors very difficult to get by , say winning something that require 'skill' and might be luck. However, I still think the gems element of this game had made it worse and I would rather pay for downloading the game at once!

Last comment: For high level players (100+) there should be more to gain for being that high level!! otherwise, whats the point for leveling up after 100, I dont need 1000 gold for leveling at 115!!!

pown otto
04-28-2013, 10:51 AM
Im new here and i can already tell that the game is going down, just from the attitude of the people who play it, personally im not very good at this game and dont understand alot of its mechanics so im not going to complain about it, but it is very annoying that if you want anything really good in early stages, its impossible to not buy gems (of course i havnt and i suck at this game haha)

RadLonghammer
04-28-2013, 11:14 AM
Im new here and i can already tell that the game is going down, just from the attitude of the people who play it, personally im not very good at this game and dont understand alot of its mechanics so im not going to complain about it, but it is very annoying that if you want anything really good in early stages, its impossible to not buy gems (of course i havnt and i suck at this game haha)

Please don't be discouraged by all the negativity. K&D is a very fun game, and plenty playable without spending money. I'm level 90, and haven't spent a dime from my own pocket to get there.

#1: Take advantage of all the free gem offers that you can.

#2: Don't spend gems on things you don't have to. If you're killed in a stage, DO NOT spend gems to revive. Just let the knights heal and come back to it a little later. At your level, you revive all your hit points pretty quickly. Save those gems for when they're more important later on.

#3: Read My "things I wish I knew when I was a noob" post. There's a link to it in my sig.

Rock on!

Eunuchorn
04-28-2013, 04:08 PM

Only about 5% of gamers use the forum. Every game forum is like this lol, only us hardcore, self entitled pro whiners use the forum.
We do know what we're talking about though, Gree is slowly but surely getting things done. We live in a corporate world; priorities don't lie where they should

Games like this are designed exactly so lowbies like yourself feel they have to buy gems

Once I hit 100 w/ mediocre armor I could still almost get 60 boss kills (3-4 boss armors)
Don't be fooled by false progression, the next armor will always be better