PDA

View Full Version : Fly Away EAGLE

BADMARKX
04-25-2013, 07:22 PM
K, lets try an attempt at a vague PJ-stylistic thread.

In all things are well and falling into place

and you leave the nest and poop on our face

A new alpha is here

So nobody fear

except those we leave in our wake.

(K, I know eagles don't leave wakes, but I haven't tried poetry in like 20yrs, so spot me a gimme.)

And now some paraphrased facts about Eagles I ripped from wiki:

Eagles are large, powerfully built birds if prey, with a heavy head and beak.

They are the sign of freedom in America.

Like all birds of prey eagles have very large hooked beaks for tearing flesh from their prey, strong muscular legs, and powerful talons.

Eagles normally build their nests in tall trees or on high cliffs. Many species lay two eggs, but the older, larger chick frequently kills its younger sibling once it has hatched. The parents take no action to stop the killing.

Due to the size and power of many Eagle species, they are ranked at the top of the food chain as apex predators.

Eagles often target various arboreal or ground-dwelling mammals and birds, which are often unsuspectingly ambushed.

Hunting techniques differ among the species and genara, with some individual eagles having engaged in quite varied techniques based on their environment and prey at any given time.

Most Eagles grab prey without landing and take flight with it so the prey can be carried to a perch and torn apart.

Eagles may target prey considerably heavier than themselves; such prey is too heavy to fly with and thus it is either eaten at the site of the kill or taken in pieces back to a perch or nest.

Take care and happy hunting

Good luck to all in Ireland

BADMARKX
04-26-2013, 10:14 AM
I'm not really mad. Just having some fun.