PDA

View Full Version : [Release Notes] April 25

The Wise One
04-25-2013, 03:26 PM
Knights!

We've recently introduced new content that improved Knights & Dragons!

The most notable changes that from this release are as follows:

* NEW LEGENDARY ARMOR: Aegis of the Dragon
For a limited time only! Increased chances to find the new legendary armor.

http://i1282.photobucket.com/albums/a538/giiforums/b4570eb48fed1cbdf23f7bc688f66587_zps51240784.png

* Increased inventory capacity for armors to 50!

* More to be revealed soon. New legendary armors? Stay tuned!

zhy
04-25-2013, 03:42 PM
hey wise one, do u know if the chest gives only the normal version of this armor or both?

Aradan
04-25-2013, 03:54 PM
I think that there needs to be an option to buy 200 gems, maybe i would buy gems then. Or the cost of this chest decreased cause it really don't seem worth it right now to bother with opening chest aside from using the free gem offers

Harvey Guo
04-25-2013, 03:55 PM
hey wise one, do u know if the chest gives only the normal version of this armor or both?
I guess only normal version.
And the stat would be around 2100-2150
Legendary armor's stats would not too high.
Still much lower than sky guardian plus and wicked wrath plus.

Sunsfan1caw
04-25-2013, 04:20 PM
What are the normal odds so we can figure out the 3X odds? :) Just giving you a hard time, I know you can't answer that. But if the normal odds are as low as Sky Guardian or Wicked Wraith, then even 3X is not very good odds.

Arbey
04-25-2013, 05:10 PM
Im actually done spending gems since all we get is crap armors. To me if you say "Legendary Armors" it better be legendary. Meaning + version and the stats should be phenomenal. I think ill just stick to clash of clans and spend my money there LOL.

joepohlkamp
04-25-2013, 06:01 PM
What are the normal odds so we can figure out the 3X odds? :) Just giving you a hard time, I know you can't answer that. But if the normal odds are as low as Sky Guardian or Wicked Wraith, then even 3X is not very good odds.

The Wise One, please tell me if I did something wrong. Although embarassing to admit, I spent 3200 gems and didn't see the new armor, I actually didn't get one Legendary. I know I have bad luck, but this seems glitchy since I did it right when the event started.. I do however have 15 nemisis armors, although you can only equip one on your main toon. If something is wrong with this please send me a PM.

The Wise One
04-25-2013, 06:04 PM
The Wise One, please tell me if I did something wrong. Although embarassing to admit, I spent 3200 gems and didn't see the new armor, I actually didn't get one Legendary. I know I have bad luck, but this seems glitchy since I did it right when the event started.. I do however have 15 nemisis armors, although you can only equip one on your main toon. If something is wrong with this please send me a PM.

Sorry for the unfortunate luck. They're definitely in there and the odds of pulling one from a chest have always been a luck of the draw. Hopefully someone comes across one soon and will let us all know. I had the team check, no bugs for chance chest.

Arbey
04-25-2013, 06:06 PM

3200 gems and didnt get the new legendary? You've been ripped off dude, big time. This is one of the reasons why im thinking about quitting this game. You have to spend alot to gain alot. 200 gems for 11 armors of not guaranteed and not even + version. Thats $25 bucks easily wasted. Good luck to you.

Harvey Guo
04-25-2013, 06:14 PM

WOW, 3200 gems... rich man

Let's calculate the percentage of gaining this so-called Legendary armor

20 gems per chest, 3200/20=160 chests

If only gain one, the chance would be 1/160=0.625%

3X chance when open multiple chests, thus the original chance would be 0.625%/3=0.208%

What an excellent percentage, which means you need to open 1,000 chest to gain 2.

Actually the percentage even lower than this number, because Alex gain ZERO legendary armor!

GREE equals GREEDY !

zhy
04-25-2013, 06:15 PM
i hope u got at least one among storm sorcerer+ sky guardian+ wicked wraith+... but even if u got all 3, that sucks... lol

Harvey Guo
04-25-2013, 06:16 PM
Hi Arbey, you can see I've calculated the percentage of gaining this armor.
Actually I wanna quit too.
What a stupid company, when they did success, then made stupid strategy and ruin this good game. Poor Leadership!
3200 gems and didnt get the new legendary? You've been ripped off dude, big time. This is one of the reasons why im thinking about quitting this game. You have to spend alot to gain alot. 200 gems for 11 armors of not guaranteed and not even + version. Thats $25 bucks easily wasted. Good luck to you.

zhy
04-25-2013, 06:18 PM
uhm im not quitting :P but i dont buy gems anymore :P, stopped when i lost 100 gems due to a game graphic lag, reported n they said was my fault :P so i decided to stop giving my money to em :P well 100 gems, if they gave me back, i would have spent much more :P their loss

Lcharlie
04-25-2013, 06:19 PM

I prob have to agree seeing the trends that this game might be jumping the shark. After a slight improvement to the last tournament's prizes, this tournament has hit a new low. Coupled with opening 10 chests at once to have a slight chance of an armor tells me the game is going in the wrong direction. Why would I spend thousands of gems to get a "legendary" armor so that I could win a tournament and get the Atlantean armor? If I just spend gems to get the best armor, what is the point of playing the game? You should make the armor the prize for coming in first in the tournament and not some random chests.

Arbey
04-25-2013, 06:23 PM
I prob have to agree seeing the trends that this game might be jumping the shark. After a slight improvement to the last tournament's prizes, this tournament has hit a new low. Coupled with opening 10 chests at once to have a slight chance of an armor tells me the game is going in the wrong direction. Why would I spend thousands of gems to get a "legendary" armor so that I could win a tournament and get the Atlantean armor? If I just spend gems to get the best armor, what is the point of playing the game? You should make the armor the prize for coming in first in the tournament and not some random chests.

Hehe, couldnt agree with you more. I put a suggestion with the same idea you got there in the suggestion section. But it looks like its not going to happen.

Sunsfan1caw
04-25-2013, 06:24 PM
Wow Alex, I feel for you. That just blows. Big time. Now I'm thinking twice about even trying to get nemesis (I would have to buy gems since I didn't play enough to get 60 wins on the last boss).

Wise One, why is the new PVP thread closed? And why close the old one so soon? People should be able to discuss how they did, brag, ect...at least for a little while, after the event ends.

Justice711
04-25-2013, 06:57 PM
I must admit that the results for opening chest sucks.

But @ least Gree started doing something right. Hey they increase the armor slots to 50 right? @ least I know that they are listening & improvements are made. So lets give them some credit for listening or reading the content on this forum & we know they are there.

I am sure there are plenty of other games that the support is non existence.

Lcharlie
04-25-2013, 07:03 PM
I must admit that the results for opening chest sucks.

But @ least Gree started doing something right. Hey they increase the armor slots to 50 right? @ least I know that they are listening & improvements are made. So lets give them some credit for listening or reading the content on this forum & we know they are there.

I am sure there are plenty of other games that the support is non existence.

True but hope they rebalance the game to more of a playing game than a shopping game. Updates I am looking for are new more, challenging content coupled with appropriately rewarded tournaments or even team tournaments for good prizes. More of the same type of armor put in randomized chests is going in the wrong direction.

Justice711
04-25-2013, 07:11 PM
Just check out the rewards for the Arena.. It's really horrible :/ besides the prestige... Really not worth the effort :/

RyPA24
04-25-2013, 07:20 PM
3200 gems and no legendary!! That's a complete scam. Gree should be ashamed. I hope this guy didn't spend $400 trying to get the new armor.

Eunuchorn
04-25-2013, 07:28 PM
Tip: wait until last day to spend your gems

My guess is tomorrow a 20% bonus gem purchase

DreamM0d3
04-25-2013, 07:29 PM
Saw the new updates and decided to just drop by the forums to see if anyone has gotten it. IMO, I think it isnt very nice to release this new armor just after everyone got their Nemesis armors. Furthermore, the 3x event doesn't even last till the start of the next boss. Its a smart move on their part as far as profits go and no one forces anyone to buy gems but players are definitely gonna feel cheated.

3x chance is very misleading too because the base chance of getting one is so abysmal to begin with. For the guy who spent 3200 gems and didn't even get a single ultra rare armor, I really do feel your pain. If this is the direction that the game wants to head in, I do not see this as a game that I would want to invest long term into.

RyPA24
04-25-2013, 08:01 PM
I definitely agree with you DreamM0d that no one is 'forced' to buy gems but when the only chance to get nemesis and other legendary armors is only through chests then it becomes a must to use gems. My main probably with the gems is they aren't very easy to come by. You should get 5 per level up or they should drop randomly in boss fights, like keys and fusion stones. Similar games that have a gem like currency don't make gems a necessity for casual players to play the game but as a way for hardcore players to level up faster, gain an edge... etc.

Jrodigy
04-25-2013, 08:32 PM
Ohmergerd, just play the game w/o the gems. You won't know what your missing if you never rely on em, besides it still takes a load of time to get 3 lvl 70+ armours maxed out, just having 3 lvl 70s armours should always rank you in the top 100's..On a side note, the one dark prince chest that i did buy going for the nemesis, gave me a one star living flame armour, so much for all super rares and above lol.

Daemon
04-26-2013, 12:22 AM

Wow, $300 on Gems?! I guess GREE's pub crawl tonight will be on Joepohlkamp.

But seriously, this is annoying. This makes me want to stop playing the game and that would make it the 3rd one I've quit because of similar reasons. I know it's the business model is to entice players to buy gems, but this is ridiculous. There's a big difference between letting players buy their way to the top and making it necessary to buy gems to play the game.

It seems developers make it seem possible to play a game without paying for a while, and then when there are enough people who are invested in the game they do something like this where you have to buy to even have access to parts of the game. I mean think about, how long would it take a non-paying player to get 3200 gems?

I really wish they would stop this. Causing these kinds of mass exodus makes it less useful for the remaining players to buy gems. I mean buying gems is a way to help you progress beyond other players, but if all the other players are paying then the act of buying gems to progress is less useful in comparison. These kinds of games benefit from keeping their non-paying players I think...

If Knights and Dragons keeps going down this path (which from my experience with other games they will) then there will be no point it playing without paying.

Eunuchorn
04-26-2013, 04:06 AM
Nemesis armors should have always stayed gold chest imo

I decided not to keep track of how many "11 chests" I've opened but its around the $4-500 mark. All in all its been a pretty ludicrous waste of money. I have some cool **+ now, but that only free my attention to the fact I cannot get craftable only + armors except w/ the chest.

If someone gets Dragon Aegis, they should consider themselves extremely lucky.

Saturday is my birthday; ill prob try once or twice more for it. As it stands that tax refund i got a few days ago is disappearing fast, lol

Harvey Guo
04-26-2013, 04:21 AM
Nemesis armors should have always stayed gold chest imo

I decided not to keep track of how many "11 chests" I've opened but its around the $4-500 mark. All in all its been a pretty ludicrous waste of money. I have some cool **+ now, but that only free my attention to the fact I cannot get craftable only + armors except w/ the chest.

If someone gets Dragon Aegis, they should consider themselves extremely lucky.

Saturday is my birthday; ill prob try once or twice more for it. As it stands that tax refund i got a few days ago is disappearing fast, loldo not try more.... Another people tried 1000 gems too but gained nothing. The probability to gain now is still 0, even there does have a chance, that chance would be 1/2000, totally worth not...

Sir William
04-26-2013, 05:20 AM
WOW, 3200 gems... rich man

Let's calculate the percentage of gaining this so-called Legendary armor

20 gems per chest, 3200/20=160 chests

If only gain one, the chance would be 1/160=0.625%

3X chance when open multiple chests, thus the original chance would be 0.625%/3=0.208%

What an excellent percentage, which means you need to open 1,000 chest to gain 2.

Actually the percentage even lower than this number, because Alex gain ZERO legendary armor!

GREE equals GREEDY !

Harvey, your math is off just a little bit. Ironically though it makes the chances drop more.

3200 gems isn't 160 chests.

For every 200 gems you get 11 chests instead of 10 so the total chests would be 176 instead of 160.

One legendary armor in 176 is 0.005681818181818 or .568%
And with the 3x bonus thing, the chance of it is 0.001893939393939 or .189%

But you're right with the point that its not a chance worth taking for the price.

Harvey Guo
04-26-2013, 05:48 AM
I just think this would be enough to show the point, so too lazy to edit.

see my new post:

At first, I would ask you a simply question, what makes you believe your company are so successful?

Because the increasing number of players and many of them buy your gems?

So that you can keep trying to expand the limitation of players' tolerance, using players loyalty and manipulate the game to satisfy your greedy heart?!

Come on, you are falling now. Being proactive is the key to survival, your company now even poor reactive, poor support response, poor communication with players, play trick with us and you think you are smart ha?

People may act irrational behavior and with all limit tolerance, keep trying challenge players, keep dreaming they will accept the current situation and spend money. One day, probably soon, your company will suddenly fall down without notice, and you do not even know the reason.

'People come fast, and quit faster' you should know this words.

Let's together to see how foolish you are and how you make fool of players:)

1. Dark prince chest, guarantee rare above!

What a great announcement! Could you tell me the Rarity of Nemesis:)?

Ironic, ha? I think maybe only two reason for that.

1) you company lack of wisdom and made stupid mistake

2) you're humoring people and think this is a good joke:)

If you are as successful as Blizzard, I may suppose the 2nd reason.

2. 3X chance to gain Blah blah blah

Another great announcement too! Make people feel that if they open 11 chest they must can gain the armor.

Let's see and calculate the number together:)

Ignore those small amount gems spending players, just focus on two large spender.

1) spent 3200 gems and gained nothing Legendary. Only 15 Nemesis and lots of rubbish.

2) spent 1000 gems and gained nothing Legendary too. Only 4 Nemesis and rubbish.

Pay attention, this is already under 3X chance. 3X chance man!!!

Let's calculate together:)

The probability of gaining Legendary armor:

Total gems spend: 3200+1000=4200

200 gems for 11 chests, so the number of total chests open: 4200/200*11=231

None of them gain the armor, so the probability is 0/231

Okay, some people may say they are not lucky as you. Come one, wanna show on your lucky or flunk mind think you get magical power and can manipulate the probability?

Fine, let us suppose that open 231 can gain one under 3x chance.

The suppose probability would be 1/231/3=0.001443=0.144% (open 1000 chests can only gain 1)

Funny ha?

I guess GREE cannot show their smile now:)

Another probability calculation for Nemesis:

Total chests number: 231 (as above)

Total nemesis gain: 15+4=19

Probability: 19/231=0.08225=8.23%=1/12(open 12 to gain one)

Let us help you to add a 3x chance on that too, makes people to believe they can gain 1 from 3.

8.23%*3=24.69% not even 25%=1/4

Which means people may still need to open 4 or 5 to gain 1 nemesis under so-called 3x chance!!!

GREE, now can you deny your greedy and foolish?

3. Enhanced chest.

This is our players' most favorite chest. Now became what?

You certainly can set a Dark prince chest, but why destroy the Enhanced chest what we most like?

I opened 50 chests by spending all my gold keys, let me show you and other players what I gain.

Potion and Fusion stone: 25.

Uncommon armor: 4

Rare armor: 3

Gem: 1

Material: 17 (Chimera horn, phoenix feather, typhoon stone, repeatedly. There is no even one Jewel of dark prince, no even one Fragment of Starmetal. WTF!)

I've remembered when I first play this game before a month, I used my only 2 gold key and gained Spectral Captain Uniform and Hydramancer Nemesis

What a good memory for beginner.

But now, see what left for Enhanced chest?

How many people miss the Former Enhanced chest like me? Show your voice!

4. Well Distraction!

I would say making a slightly change does attract few simple people's mind.

from 40 capacity to 50. Yep, lots of help ha? Why not allow item overlap? Why not make the number to 100?

From the notes, why not give us changelog directly?

What we can see is you using small progress to distract people's attention, let them have a perfect day dream wish to believe you are making the progress and doing benefit for them, then you can keep sucking their blood.

When you suck out the blood and loyalty, people will leave you and you will be certainly fall.

I'm still pretty curious that how dare you company making fooling and at the meantime open this forum. Lack of wisdom again? We players certainly will share our thoughts and data, the only way to foolish people more perfectly is to shut down the forum, so that our players may comparable lack of communication with each other, so that players may wake up later and keep day dreaming and give their blood to feed your greedy heart!

At last, don't you even think you don't owe players an apology?
Harvey, your math is off just a little bit. Ironically though it makes the chances drop more.

3200 gems isn't 160 chests.

For every 200 gems you get 11 chests instead of 10 so the total chests would be 176 instead of 160.

One legendary armor in 176 is 0.005681818181818 or .568%
And with the 3x bonus thing, the chance of it is 0.001893939393939 or .189%

But you're right with the point that its not a chance worth taking for the price.

Eloade
04-26-2013, 07:14 AM
I just think this would be enough to show the point, so too lazy to edit.

see my new post:

At last, don't you even think you don't owe players an apology?

Don't worry Harvey, the wind turn... Actualy the game is very good & long, but if they came to be rich with this... /laugh.
This is just a F2P, when people don't bought any gem bc nothing in chest & was to expensive ! (11 chest for 25€ (30$)) for a nemesis every week... hum **** ya ? :)

Greedy is sin :cool:

Barryboo
04-26-2013, 09:20 AM
People have been complaining about the dark chest for a while now. Yet they still spend cash on opening more.
I would say to everyone to stop paying for anymore and see if gree change there mind.
My opinion is that they should make the dark chest more expensive but make it guarantee you get somthing worth while.
make it cost 50 gems and move the nemisis back to enchanted.
Make the dark prince expensive but rewarding. then more people would open there wallet to get gems

Eunuchorn
04-26-2013, 10:00 AM
I don't mind really, got a lot of enhancing out of it. Ill try for some more too, as I said tomorrow is my birthday & I plan on treating myself.

I think the biggest issue is:
If I have an armor @ + capability, it should always come up + in Dark chest.

Yesterday I got a Firestone to level 15 & it said I can now craft + version.
First time I've ever seen that on a combine only armor

truline
04-26-2013, 10:36 AM
I was thinking about buying gems to open up some chest's but with all these negative comments i kinda don't want to anymore.

Eunuchorn
04-26-2013, 02:10 PM
I was thinking about buying gems to open up some chest's but with all these negative comments i kinda don't want to anymore.

Save your gems for future nemesis armors

Alexa
04-28-2013, 09:37 AM
People have been complaining about the dark chest for a while now. Yet they still spend cash on opening more.
I would say to everyone to stop paying for anymore and see if gree change there mind.
My opinion is that they should make the dark chest more expensive but make it guarantee you get somthing worth while.
make it cost 50 gems and move the nemisis back to enchanted.
Make the dark prince expensive but rewarding. then more people would open there wallet to get gems

I agree with you. In fact, it was WWAAYYY better when we only had the Gold Chest and the Silver Chest, because in the **old** Gold Chests, I've actually gotten high-leveled armors like Swamp Shaman, and Infernal Cerberus, and every Nemesis Armors.

joepohlkamp
04-28-2013, 10:21 AM
So I greatly appreciate this discussion that my 3200 gem purchase has fostered, especially you Harvey.

Zhy to answer your question, in spending 3200 gems, the total cumulative legendaries I got were as follows: Spectral Captain + and Wicked Wraith (normal version). I know that list seems like it should go on quite a bit longer, but it doesn't, that is it.

I'm not particularly mad. I hate wasting time, so I spend money on things that I support. Up until this point I did support K&D although similar stunts has made me move on from MQ. At one point I kept buying gems not really to get the "New Supercool Legendary Armor" but to see how many times I could buy chests without GREE delivering on the amazing 3X increased odds. It actually grew morbidly funny.

So GREE, either fix it or don't. Make right on your promotions or use it as a ploy. That is clearly your prerogative. I will join the ranks of Zhy because my wallet is closed and you've lost a long-time customer. I bet money (3-4 hundred dollars’ worth) that I'm not the only supporter you've lost in this stunt. But who knows, maybe in 2 or 3 months you will come out with another new 2-D game that exploits the fundamental Pokemon "gotta collect everything” principle and we will flock to it like sheeple and forget this ever happened. I'm guessing something mythology based or Pirates vs. Samurais, who knows?

Carneage
04-28-2013, 12:20 PM
Hey there, I just made an account to express my opinion.

I dropped about $100 for about 800 gems (No where near your 3200 gems) but I too did not a receive even a 3 STAR piece of armor. Didn't they have a deal a little bit ago where you 100% for sure got a piece of gear when you bought 11 chests? What happened to that? I regret not doing it now but I didn't think the chances of getting a legendary piece of gear were so low.

I have gotten lucky, my first 11 chests ever I received Wicked Wraith+ which is just amazing. But that was once.. I feel like we should have either better chances to get armor (Be rewarded for actually spending real money on the game) Or make it so you can get the armor from other means, (Like tournament)

I just got bronze last tourney and so that's top 1000. Out of how many people? Thats pretty awesome I think and yet I received like 3 Crius armor or something. If only 100,000 people played I still got top 1% and received 3 one star armors... That reward does not match the feat of strength.

::EDIT:: What about the damage leaderboards for Monster killing? You get top 26-50 IN THE WORLD and you get 10k gold and 1 fusion stone. WTF

Eunuchorn
04-28-2013, 04:04 PM
With a new Tourny every week the rewards are balanced over time. They don't want everyone having max 70 armors in one week. Fusion stones are mostly worthless but every extra piece of armor i dont have to craft myself is very nice for enhancing.