PDA

View Full Version : Why isn't there actually a faction called "Alex" on the leaderboard?

BADMARKX
04-25-2013, 01:03 PM
Probably a silly question, but why isn't there actually a faction called "Alex" on the leaderboard?

HunterKiller
04-25-2013, 01:08 PM
Alex is just a name some try-hards use for all their faction members so that in WD, people can't figure out who to attack in wars.
As far as I know it isn't the name of a faction.

PIRATE JUSTICE
04-25-2013, 01:10 PM
The OP has cleverly offered you and everyone a nugget of "intel".

The OP has obeyed the rules by doing it this way.

OP, thank you.

Jhenry02
04-25-2013, 01:53 PM
That is a good question.
Alex is the default name chosen by the programmers or developers to use when someone has an invalid name (ie. profanity or personal.)
But there doesn't seem to be a profanity clause in faction names. We have all seen the list of funniest factions. By now someone would have had their faction named to the default.

-J

CJ54
04-25-2013, 03:03 PM
That is a good question.
Alex is the default name chosen by the programmers or developers to use when someone has an invalid name (ie. profanity or personal.)
But there doesn't seem to be a profanity clause in faction names. We have all seen the list of funniest factions. By now someone would have had their faction named to the default.

-J

Unlike player names, faction names are unique. We thought about going with "Alex1, Alex2" or whatever and then decided to just use generic-sounding names for slightly-over-the-line guilds that get reported.

For the REALLY bad ones, we use a Magical Pony name generator we found online.

Justsimply
04-25-2013, 03:06 PM
Unlike player names, faction names are unique. We thought about going with "Alex1, Alex2" or whatever and then decided to just use generic-sounding names for slightly-over-the-line guilds that get reported.

Or just call them Magical Pony1 or 2 or 3 and so on

CJ54
Also, I've been meaning to go back through the winners lists for particularly bad ones, but if anyone spots a vile one in the meantime, let me know.

BADMARKX

Thanks for the input CJ54!
If I someday decide to start 3rd account, ill start a "Mark" faction or guild, lol.

NakedCherryPie
04-25-2013, 03:10 PM

Also, I've been meaning to go back through the winners lists for particularly bad ones, but if anyone spots a vile one in the meantime, let me know.Why do I have to call you out for responding to this thread, but not another thread that should be getting some attention? If that is what your company wants(as most of us see it), then let them know it's gonna effect the bottom line, and very soon. Don't underestimate the power of one little bare fruit pastry, in a short amount of time.

BADMARKX
04-25-2013, 03:11 PM
Also, I've been meaning to go back through the winners lists for particularly bad ones, but if anyone spots a vile one in the meantime, let me know.
Ya I really wondered about that CJ54. The forum has been a "PG" rated forum, but there are definitely some "blue" player and faction names out there.

Bart
04-25-2013, 07:40 PM
That is because I haven't changed my name to Alex yet!

Swindled
04-26-2013, 01:17 AM
I was wondering why everyone was named Alex that's hillarious

A3OT
04-26-2013, 01:40 AM
No alex factions? lol

1686, Alexs Armed Allies, 131744
Winners list...

hombre
04-26-2013, 04:43 AM

well how about those two "waffen ss" factions at ranks 439 and 442 in china? they might not be profane in the usual sense, but hey they refer to mass murder, genocide and a full blown world war some 70 years ago.

Highlander
04-26-2013, 10:50 AM

So THAT's how our faction got the name "Twilight Sparkle"!

BADMARKX
04-27-2013, 12:20 AM
No alex factions? lol

Winners list...
No kidding, I wouldn't have looked down that far, but good one!
I wonder if its really an "Alex" faction or really just some guy named Alex who started a faction and can't even break the top 1500...
But I guess we have a winner!
Thx A3OT!

Rowdydowdy
04-27-2013, 08:50 AM
I was wondering who had chosen Magical Ponies when I tried to create a team with that name.!! Should have used Pink Unicorn.