PDA

View Full Version : Droid updated, ios still no update

Justsimply
04-25-2013, 10:21 AM
Like the subject says. Don't understand why they would give a platform an update and still 4 days later not have anything for the other. Not to mention an update that is actually cool (menu updates).

Come on gree let's update us iOS users!

Instead of clicking the button that says
"Give 65000 gold to 10 random players"

Hit the button that says
"Release new update to iOS through AppStore"

the_brein
04-25-2013, 10:36 AM
Perhaps it's because apple has an approval period and google just don't care about Q&A.

dudeman
04-25-2013, 10:40 AM
Once they submit a software update to whichever store, Apple, Google, or whatever, I think it then becomes up to them to review and release the update.

For all we know the updates were submitted to both stores on the same date and Apple is just taking longer to release it. Wouldn't surprise me if that was the case, I have read several comments lately about people going to Apple for refunds regarding IAPs with Gree.

scott(ST6)
04-25-2013, 10:42 AM
android doesn't have a review process, you submit it and it's live moments later. Apple reviews all apps, and current wait is around 6 days.

Justsimply
04-25-2013, 10:49 AM
Ok so I Researched the approval time frame for new updates and they say 1-7days. Could be a few hours, it could also take 10 days but avg 1-7days....lame

Bob Mob Recruiting
04-25-2013, 11:04 AM
Ok so I Researched the approval time frame for new updates and they say 1-7days. Could be a few hours, it could also take 10 days but avg 1-7days....lame

Cool. Thanks for the info Justsimply.....I'll look at for the release, hopefully it'll be here at the weekend :-)

Zedsta
04-25-2013, 11:22 AM
Gota love android

Ben Weston
04-25-2013, 11:54 AM
yeah, the android way is so much smarter and safer, that's probably why iPhones get viruses and there's loads of fake software and games on the app store that are phishing scams and steal all your data.

oh wait...........

the_brein
04-25-2013, 11:54 AM
Gota love android
Waddaya know. Android actually gets something first. This better not be a trend.

Ben Weston
04-25-2013, 12:00 PM
as already said, I expect they both went at the same time and its just the testing/quarantine period.

kingofwale
04-25-2013, 01:34 PM
Wow. some serious kool-aid drinking going on here??

I wouldn't mind if Apple is actually taking this time to to review the product, but that's just the waiting in the cue.

I suppose next we shall congratulating Gree for the weeks it takes to get back to us regarding tickets. (Let's not rush those, right?)

dudeman
04-25-2013, 01:44 PM
Wow. some serious kool-aid drinking going on here??

I wouldn't mind if Apple is actually taking this time to to review the product, but that's just the waiting in the cue.

I suppose next we shall congratulating Gree for the weeks it takes to get back to us regarding tickets. (Let's not rush those, right?)

I am all in favour of ripping on Gree when they deserve it. To be fair to them though, the delay in seeing an update in the Apple App Store may not be Gree's fault. I wouldn't be surprised if it was, but that can't really be proven and it is just as likely that the delay is on Apple's side.

What are we really missing out on anyways?

Justsimply
04-25-2013, 01:53 PM
I am all in favour of ripping on Gree when they deserve it. To be fair to them though, the delay in seeing an update in the Apple App Store may not be Gree's fault. I wouldn't be surprised if it was, but that can't really be proven and it is just as likely that the delay is on Apple's side.

What are we really missing out on anyways?

Updated menus, shows bonuses. Gold name change, bugs fixed in calculating stats...so missing out on a ton

CJ54
04-25-2013, 02:19 PM
yeah, the android way is so much smarter and safer, that's probably why iPhones get viruses and there's loads of fake software and games on the app store that are phishing scams and steal all your data.

oh wait...........

Total freedom has a price tag, unfortunately.

We'll have the next update out for iOS as soon as it goes through.

Justsimply
04-25-2013, 02:56 PM
Total freedom has a price tag, unfortunately.

We'll have the next update out for iOS as soon as it goes through.

Freedom is overrated.
As soon as it goes through...the apple update review board for apps? ;)

haywood
04-25-2013, 03:47 PM
Buy an Android.............:D

Justsimply
04-25-2013, 04:00 PM
Buy an Android.............:D

Never again

moocow
04-25-2013, 04:12 PM
Lmao seriously? Android has always been behind by months on critical updates and fixes and you cry about a delayed cosmetic update that will clear in days?

Justsimply
04-25-2013, 04:24 PM
Lmao seriously? Android has always been behind by months on critical updates and fixes and you cry about a delayed cosmetic update that will clear in days?

Yes seriously buddy guy, no need to infect the thread with your "droid has been screwed for months" attidude.

moocow
04-25-2013, 04:32 PM
Then no need to create a new thread with your 'iOS needs to be updated now OMG since droid got it already'

Name change - cosmetic
Incorrect stats shown when people had more mafia that mainly affected droid - cosmetic bug
Bonuses stats on profile which can be viewed in your syndicate page already - cosmetic

So yes seriously...

Justsimply impatient

P.S - Dude, it's attitude and not attidude

Justsimply
04-25-2013, 04:35 PM
Then no need to create a new thread with your 'iOS needs to be updated now OMG since droid got it already'

Name change - cosmetic
Incorrect stats shown when people had more mafia that mainly affected droid - cosmetic bug
Bonuses stats on profile which can be viewed in your syndicate page already - cosmetic

So yes seriously...

Justsimply impatient

Yes impatient, wouldn't have it any other way with these new intro-net we got y'all

Ps that was an odd auto correct for my ipad..good eye

Munch on it
04-25-2013, 04:36 PM

Name change - cosmetic

So yes seriously...

Justsimply impatient

Does the bonus part show only the syndicate bonuses or does it also show modifiers for weapons?

Justsimply
04-25-2013, 04:39 PM
Does the bonus part show only the syndicate bonuses or does it also show modifiers for weapons?

It shows your modifiers for the weapons as well

So cool, can't wait

MMFB09
04-25-2013, 05:10 PM
It shows your modifiers for the weapons as well

So cool, can't wait

Hello,new to the forum and on Androidand i love it..

dudeman
04-25-2013, 05:50 PM
Updated menus, shows bonuses. Gold name change, bugs fixed in calculating stats...so missing out on a ton

That was a rhetorical question.

I'm sad now... I actually had to point that out. :(

K-Dawg
04-25-2013, 06:03 PM
That was a rhetorical question.

I'm sad now... I actually had to point that out. :(

Things such as sarcasm, emotions, and rhetorical questions are difficult to pick up on when sent via the interweb *insert sarcastic tone here*

dudeman
04-25-2013, 06:12 PM
Things such as sarcasm, emotions, and rhetorical questions are difficult to pick up on when sent via the interweb *insert sarcastic tone here*

So the fact that you missed my sarcasm should not be a surprise.

http://2damnfunny.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/Ace-Ventura-Alrighty-Then-.gif

K-Dawg
04-25-2013, 06:19 PM
So the fact that you missed my sarcasm should not be a surprise.

http://2damnfunny.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/Ace-Ventura-Alrighty-Then-.gif

that was the joke lol

dudeman
04-25-2013, 06:23 PM
that was the joke lol

If we had 40 friends and a small car we could really do some jokes. :p

PawnXIIX
04-25-2013, 07:29 PM
Remember the good old days when all the Android players complained and I said just be patient? Those were the days.

Seemed like just yesterday...

Anyway. This is the company that banned Java from their platforms because it contained 1 security exploit. Instead of patching it they just threw their hands up and said NOT ON OUR DEVICE!

I don't know what planet Apple lives on, but their decisions are just ridiculous. At this point they may have very well submitted the update before Android but the review period is taking forever :(

Cayman
04-26-2013, 05:57 PM
Cmon Apple... get off your butts!!!

Xanius
04-26-2013, 08:08 PM
If it makes IOS folks feel better, my Droid still hasn't downloaded the new dataset for the construction crate event. I'm stuck with an eternally spinning 'updating...' Text in the about section of my game menu.

CJ54
04-27-2013, 03:25 AM
I don't know what planet Apple lives on, but their decisions are just ridiculous. At this point they may have very well submitted the update before Android but the review period is taking forever :(

The thing is, there are going to be times that Android has something a little ahead of iOS, and there are times when iOS is going to be ahead of Android. Some of the time that is going to be due to submission times, but some of the time it's also going to be down to the differences in platform.

What I mean is, you may have the same base mechanic or change or whatever, but getting it operating such that it passes Apple's review process may take longer by a ridiculous margin than just implementing it on Android. And sometimes we're ready to go on the iOS side, but meanwhile over on Android the new thing is working fine on the Galaxy but totally broken on the Nexus and NO ONE ON THIS OR ANY OTHER PLANET KNOWS WHY. Developing for mobile is pretty much unlike developing for anything else in terms of hitting unexpected snags.

We try to keep them as much in lockstep as possible these days (particularly for gameplay-affecting stuff), but if the alternative is to have one team sit around and twiddle their thumbs while waiting on the other...that's not a very good use of resources and it would just mean that all our players have to wait longer for everything. So sometimes we'll push the UI updates and such for the one that we have it ready for.

Munch on it
04-27-2013, 05:22 AM
So has the iOS updated been given to apple to review or are you guys still working on it?